Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Stepwise : (04 March 2021 - 09:07 PM)

Wonko - I'm really sorry - I've been in that spot where everything is falling apart at the same time.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

Photo
- - - - -

Venture Bros Season 3?!?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
283 replies to this topic

#241 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:47 AM

The parody of Bibleman was PERFECT:

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#242 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5533 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

We'd have better luck calling Orpheus...
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#243 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

the problem I have with strip club scenes are..well

the images are burned into my eyes... I CANT UNSEE IT

#244 TrnsfrmGod

TrnsfrmGod

Home

• Supporter
  • 4561 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Aug 19 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the problem I have with strip club scenes are..well

the images are burned into my eyes... I CANT UNSEE IT

"Take my car...BUT YER NOT GONNA LIKE LOOKIN' FOR THE KEYS!"

#245 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

I will admit.

shave the stubble and he/she is quite hot.. icon-waspy.gif

#246 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6383 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

Okay, help me out here. I must have blinked and missed something two weeks ago, because I have absolutely no idea why the OSI is trying to kill Brock.

It's not because he didn't kill Rusty, because he didn't know he was supposed to until after the car tried to terminate him. Plus, that was only required if Venture chose to activate the Orb, which he didn't. I think. Right?

All I can remember is that Brock was researching, he asked his car *something* about agent termination, and then whammo.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#247 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Aug 19 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, help me out here. I must have blinked and missed something two weeks ago, because I have absolutely no idea why the OSI is trying to kill Brock.

It's not because he didn't kill Rusty, because he didn't know he was supposed to until after the car tried to terminate him. Plus, that was only required if Venture chose to activate the Orb, which he didn't. I think. Right?

All I can remember is that Brock was researching, he asked his car *something* about agent termination, and then whammo.

They're trying to kill him because he quit because he didn't want to kill Rusty.

#248 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6383 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

Did he? Good gravy, I missed that entirely.

I think I may have been opening Clone Wars toys at the time.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#249 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5533 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

I thought of something....

HIGHLIGHT to view:
You know how Sargent Hatred's rearing to 'die at the hands of his enemy' after he's been dumped.... well I'm wondering if he and Sampson won't swich places or something... Hatred gets killed, Brock assumes his identity.

Course I don't know how thatd work out an all for him to come back as his bodyguard... unless brock/Hatred retires and goes to the public sector like Manotaur.

Or maybe this gets cleared up.... or Venture makes a clone of Brock... who the hell knows until next sunday.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#250 TrnsfrmGod

TrnsfrmGod

Home

• Supporter
  • 4561 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Aug 19 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're trying to kill him because he quit because he didn't want to kill Rusty.

Is that what that was all about? I thought that Brock was trying to get more information on whatever the termination clause in his contract was (as in Brock was asking "why do I have to kill him?") and he accidentally set himself up for termination.

It just doesn't make sense to me that he'd try to quit and then stalk Rusty, prepped to kill him if he tried to open the ORB

#251 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12897 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Aug 19 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He never actually quit, but it's implied that he was planning to when he asked the car about his termination clause. It was from that point forward that OSI, starting with the OSI car, was out to kill him.

#252 (Deactivated) Diddy_Mao

(Deactivated) Diddy_Mao
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

I'm actually really glad I have a DVR unit now because I was laughing so hard I had to rewatch the strip club scene about 3 times to catch it all.

Brock's weird Hunter S Thompson-esque mentor has got to be one of the best supporting characters I've ever seen.

I hope the folks at Adult Swim are kissing butt to keep the creators of that show happy because it's just about the only thing I tune in to watch anymore.

#253 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

"Iam the Holy Diver"

God iam not going to be able ot listen to Dio without thinking of Venture brothers. weather thas good or bad depends on which scene i think of.

I still cant believe the season is an episode away from being over, hopefully we wont have to wait as long as we did last time for new episodes.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#254 (Deactivated) Diddy_Mao

(Deactivated) Diddy_Mao
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Prime 2.0 @ Aug 20 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still cant believe the season is an episode away from being over, hopefully we wont have to wait as long as we did last time for new episodes.

From what I've been led to believe season 4 was greenlit quite early and is already in production.

It's the internet, so take that w/ a grain of salt, but unless Cartoon Network/Adult Swim suddenly decides to adopt the FOX business strategy of "It's popular? Cancel it!" I think it's a safe bet we'll get some new stuff soon.

Honestly they could spin that entire show off into "The further adventures of The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend (Dr. my Wife?)" and I'd still watch it religiously.

#255 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(Diddy_Mao @ Aug 20 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Prime 2.0 @ Aug 20 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I've been led to believe season 4 was greenlit quite early and is already in production.

It's the internet, so take that w/ a grain of salt, but unless Cartoon Network/Adult Swim suddenly decides to adopt the FOX business strategy of "It's popular? Cancel it!" I think it's a safe bet we'll get some new stuff soon.

Honestly they could spin that entire show off into "The further adventures of The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend (Dr. my Wife?)" and I'd still watch it religiously.

"Dr. Mrs. The Monarch", actually, AKA Sheila.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#256 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

Just watched the final ep of the season. icon-bee.gif

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Interesting twist at the end, with the Black Hearts. And Hunter remains scary.

Poor 24. He shall truly be missed. Wonder if HELPER is officially gone too. He's a sturdy guy, but even so.

As for the boys, they'll just have to be extra careful now. Dunno what anyone thought a bunch of sticky wet unarmed clones were gonna do though.

Very very eager to see what happens next season. This is easily the biggest shakeup of the Venture world since the boys' deaths back at the end of season 1.

#257 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Grrr no torrent yet!!!

and stupid adult swim.com doesn't like Australia >.>

#258 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Aug 23 2008, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grrr no torrent yet!!!

and stupid adult swim.com doesn't like Australia >.>

God damned America and their old-fashioned ways! Can't they just ignorantly not do anything about blocking out other countries? It's damned insulting.

also: "blonde haired, buttercream, frosted murder cake!"

#259 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

HIGHLIGHT to view:
24!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways the focus of this season seemed to be getting away from brock, it was nice to see him go out with a bang but this is goign to chanve the whole Venture Bros show completely.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#260 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8669 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

HIGHLIGHT to view:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not 24! I dont care about helper and possibly Brock, but not 24! Who is 21 going to hang out with now?

Really, while they didnt show it, it had to be the damn moppets right? Without 24 its only a matter of time before they get 21, assuming he even cares about living anymore.