Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

Photo

Who do you think is the most difficult boss of all time?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#21 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14608 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(Chris_Lv255 @ May 5 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nominees for Toughest Boss Ever:

The "You cannot run, hide, or escape" award: YETI from Skifree

QUOTE(Goblez @ May 5 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh god. the Yeti....

that brings back frustrating memories

Actually, once you get it down it's pretty easy to get away from the Yeti
and that's actually become my favorite part of the game. (Yes, I have it
installed on my XP machine).
Yep.

#22 Shanghai

Shanghai
  • Citizen
  • 16178 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

Yes, you can get away from it, but he will come back. That sumbitch doesn't give up for long.

#23 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

I hate those stupid shooting spaceship scrolling games.
It's time to bring the crunch!

#24 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22351 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Trank Teds @ May 5 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate those stupid shooting spaceship scrolling games.

OH-HO-HO.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 05 May 2008 - 03:04 PM.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#25 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14608 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Roadgrabber @ May 5 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, you can get away from it, but he will come back. That sumbitch doesn't give up for long.

You've got 15-20 seconds before he shows up again... You just need to find another jump...
Yep.

#26 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Retired Staff
  • 33612 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

These crazy games with a billion squares coming at you? That's just no fun.

As Penny Arcade put it when talking about some game: "The game is not challenging, it's difficult to play, and it's taken many years but I'm ready to begin making this distinction."

I can't agree more. I look at crap like these things now completely differently. Becoming very good at overcoming detriments to fun in games doesn't make the game fun. Getting good at a fun game that is playable and enjoyable is far more rewarding because it's fun every time.

I never did beat Dragon Warrior. That damn thing at the end would always kill me. I'd probably rank that as my top choice.

ALERT: Everything is fine.

#27 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

Dragon Warrior for the NES? That was the first RPG I beat. Whats so hard about it? The only annoying thing was trying to search for unmarked items like in the destroyed town.

Edited by darthirian, 06 May 2008 - 01:37 PM.

#28 Frost181

Frost181

Adorable and also on fire

• Citizen
  • 3937 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

I gave up on Yiazmat in FFXII because he kept killing my party quicker than I could rez them on his last bar.

#29 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21184 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

The worst boss I've ever had to face is that damned Boost-Ball gaurdian from Metroid-Prime 2. I've beaten him (twice), but I still have never figured out that pain-in-the-asses pattern. I hate him sooooo much.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#30 Crazy Drummer?

Crazy Drummer?

Mike!

• Citizen
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ May 6 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The worst boss I've ever had to face is that damned Boost-Ball gaurdian from Metroid-Prime 2. I've beaten him (twice), but I still have never figured out that pain-in-the-asses pattern. I hate him sooooo much.

I hated that game, I watched here and there, play through it. looked boring and un-eventful, lousy weapons. 3rd one is better, but still not as good as the first prime.

#31 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

Everything in Ninja Gaiden Sigma

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#32 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:00 AM

Goddarnscumsucking 2nd End-Week Boss of The World Ends With You.

"ZETTA SLOW!"

AAaagh.

PM me if you're bored!

#33 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4131 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

Have a few candidates.

Magneto from X-Men Children of the Atom. Not only does he have a bunch of instant death attacks, a few are unbloackable, and he can put up an inviciblity shield just at the right momment so the countdown ends the match.

Borgan from Lunar 2 (Sega CD). This guy was tougher then the final boss Zophar, who was no push over himself. Borgan had some nasty spells, but he also had three adds that had a bunch of annoying abilities, You could kill them, but he would just re-summon them, and keeping them up was not an option. Positioning made the fight much tougher.

Dark Force (Phantasy Star 2) His first incarnation, Dark Falz in Phantasy Star 1 was pretty nasty, but the version in the sequal was much worse because of his ability to make your characters evil. Better pray he didn't get your healers before the Nei Sword cleansed everyone, or it's time to re-try.

Lassic (Phantasy Star 1 and 4) Another nasty boss from the Phantasy Star series, so scary he manages to make it into two games. His first version in Phantasy Star 1 was bad because all of his attacks were ones that hit everyone in the party. Remember, PS1 had no mass healing spells or items. In PS4 he gets more health and more attacks that, do mass damage. Add to that he has the ability to summon a wall to protect himself from damage. At least in this game you have one character with Sar and Star Mists.

Goldibus (Tech Romancer) Another rediculous Capcom fighting end boss. Tons of nasty attacks, and you get to fight him twice. You also do not regain health before the second, 2 out of 3 match.

Mizuki (Samurai Showdown 2) Capcom isn't alone for having really hard end bosses. Mizuki here is the best example of the word cheap I can think of.

#34 megamagnusagain

megamagnusagain

a winner is you

• Citizen
  • 1984 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

General Raam from Gears of war on Insane difficulty , single player mode, and not having both a tourque bow and Sniper rifle equipped.

aka megamagnus, aka skidsmark

#35 SilverFirePrime

SilverFirePrime

And one more for Jenny and the Wimp

• Citizen
  • 3892 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

Lu Bu in any Dynasty Warriors mode on the highest difficulty. Even the maxed out characters get wiped out in a few hits.

When you find yourself standing on the brink of surrender, know that many in the past faced trials such as your own, but overcame them with their great conviction.
No matter the greatness of your desperation, the failures of your efforts, or the injustice of your treatment, at least a few men have stared into the same challenges and emerged victorious from these tests.
Such men are not only a great source of inspiration, but also the very foundation upon which modern society rests.

From lyric booklet of 'Starfall' by Dragonland

The mind. It boggles.
QUOTE(Alvatron!)
...what's a comicon without a roomful of drunken comic geeks singing showtunes to DDR?

#36 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Confused? Its a Mayhem thing

• Supporter
  • 62288 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

No red line bricks in tetris...

oh what? that doesn't count?

The Goddess hidden boss in Crisis core is being a pain right now... even just getting to her ...should count.

#37 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

• Supporter
  • 2514 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1. I still to this day cannot beat him.

#38 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5272 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

A few canidates:

Cress (Arena battle) in Tales of Destiny 2 (Enternia). Even after figuring out the best way to hurt him was he tough to take down. But man was it awsome!

Virgil final battle for the orginal release of Devil May Cry 3. Though I'm pretty sure he's so much easier with the trickster abilities. I had Swordmaster though, so I don't know for certain.

Maing in her Opiomorph from Xenogears. So many say there is a trick to make the battle easier. I couldn't figure it out.

But Probably the ACTUAL hardest boss I've ever encountered is:

Naraku at the end of any character quest in InuYasha: Fedual Combat.

Not only does he regenerate his health over time. But he CONSTANTLY teleports around to avoid your attacks. Blocks ANY attempts to super move him. (Or just teleports) AND his Miasma drains your health if you are caught in it. After trying for hours to beat him. I had to give up and just play the character quest using Demon InuYasha. Since his final opponet is Sesshomeru (who can't teleport) It makes the battle actually BEATABLE.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#39 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7774 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

Tidal Wave from the PS2 Transformers game was the first boss battle I fought that felt impossible without being cheap. As in "how the hell am I supposed to beat THAT thing?" I still think that's the most slept on level possibly in game history. I mean, you play through the dude's BODY as the level and afterwards the ENTIRE LEVEL transforms and you fight it. This was before God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. And it was hard as HELL.

#40 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5421 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

I don't know if it'll count, but I'd have to nominate the Battle Arena from Castlevania: Circle of the moon. All thoes rooms filled with monsters who didn't drop anything, with no magic at your disposal, and the devil waiting for you at the end. That section was just freaking insane. If it wasn't for the treasure at the end I wouldn't have wasted all the effort.

Another Mention would have to be the Mobile Armors in Gundam Battle Assault 2.

QUOTE(Treadshot 2.0 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tidal Wave from the PS2 Transformers game was the first boss battle I fought that felt impossible without being cheap. As in "how the hell am I supposed to beat THAT thing?" I still think that's the most slept on level possibly in game history. I mean, you play through the dude's BODY as the level and afterwards the ENTIRE LEVEL transforms and you fight it. This was before God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. And it was hard as HELL.

Hells yeah. Basically having to snipe his head, whittling down his HP while running in between two mounds and hoping he doesn't crush you. What made it even more 'fun' was in when you rose the level of difficulty more of thoes annoying Air drones would show up to snipe you. you know, the ones who you needed the Flak Minicon to actually kill with one hit.
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness