Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

Photo

Secret Invasion Super-Skrully-Spoilery Topic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#21 Captain N

Captain N
  • Citizen
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

The one person I'm NOT surprised at being a Skrull is Pym. For some reason, I pinned him to be a Skrull way before I read SI.

#22 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Apr 2 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you really think that Marvel's version of the Devil wouldn't be able to tell
the difference between a real Spiderman and a Skrull impersonator? I mean,
the guy could read parts of Peter's soul...

That depends, do you think a person who has bested Marvel's version of the Devil wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real Spiderman and a Skrull impersonator? icon-arcee.gif

Daredevil has defeated Mephisto several times. Elektra popped up in The Murdock Papers and spouted off some things that were REALLY off continuity wise. She was likely a Skrull then. Daredevil had not a clue.

So if Spidy was one of these new undetectable skrulls, he wouldn't be able to tell.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#23 (Deactivated) DSX

(Deactivated) DSX
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

IF some of the 70's heroes are not Skrulls, but the real deal, meaning they were replaced a long time back, does anyone else think that the "sleepers" that don't know they are Skrulls don't know because of the whole Age of Apocalypse/Onslaught/ Heroes Reborn/ Heroes Return/ House of M/ OMD fiasco? Could getting sucked into an alternate universe with new memories and histories, only to be returned to the real universe many times have had an affect on them? Still doesn't explain how any of the mutants could be Skrulls at all, since just touching the Onslaught vortex caused it to expand. That's a whole lot of getting memories erased/ changed/ restored, it could have affected a good many of them. How's that for a thought? Is Marvel vs. DC canon also?

#24 (Deactivated) combiner1

(Deactivated) combiner1
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(Invincible M @ Apr 2 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The funny thing is this has been set up for longer than BSG has been running.

Which means when BSG started playing Bendis must've been oh so pissed.

I'm not too sure about that.....
During season one of BSG (4 or 5 yrs ago), Sharon-Boomer did not know that she was a Cylon. Heck, she even tried to kill herself, because of her suspecion. She only accepted that she was a cylon after she drop a Nuclear Bomb on a basestar, saw a ton of sharon, and shot Bill Adama.

From what Bendis was saying, he's been planning this since he started Avengers:Disassemble. Which IMO was after BSG season 1.

#25 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14608 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(combiner1 @ Apr 3 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO

I believe you mean, "IIRC"... But yes, I believe that's correct.
Yep.

#26 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

O rly?

Well then. Bad Bendis.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#27 (Deactivated) combiner1

(Deactivated) combiner1
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(PiratedTVPro @ Apr 3 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO

Forgive my web-internet-language shortcommings icon-fire.gif icon-fire.gif
I thought "IMO" means "In My Opinion"
what does IIRC means???

#28 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

Anyone else hopefull that Beast and Emma sans second mutations come back. Hell just seeing what characters were in the ship makes me wonder what the hell is up with everything in the whole time I've read comics. Plus with Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye and etc. coming out of the ship it's just a wonder of when people were replaced, who is who, and what stories have been lies this entire time? Especialy with Wanda coming out of the ship. Does that mean House of M Wanda was skrully?

#29 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3163 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(PiratedTVPro @ Apr 2 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, who do we know for sure?

Jarvis. Dum Dum. Hank Pym. Right?

THIS version of Dum Dum is a Skrull, the actual one was killed in the (currently only) Secret Invasion Prologue which was posted on Marvel.com (thanks to Hooks for the link) and will not be seen in paper form till the TPB/collection.

http://www.marvel.co...Prologue.2008.1

Tis free to read, though there not be much.

As for Emma and Hank McCoy, I'm some what okay with the current White Queen (though I'm one of the few who would like Phoenix (the real one) back). Beast, yeah, I'd like the quasi-original back. I've grown somewhat to like the current version, but I've always been partial to the ape-beast. But yeah, the reveals in the first issue (especially the little surprise at the end) really made this series look like it'll hold up well. Also, from having read some of the comments here, it seems great minds think alike icon-hotrod.gif

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#30 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(combiner1 @ Apr 4 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(PiratedTVPro @ Apr 3 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO

Forgive my web-internet-language shortcommings icon-fire.gif icon-fire.gif
I thought "IMO" means "In My Opinion"
what does IIRC means???

IIRC is "if I remember correctly". TVPro suggested using it instead as the statement was not an opinion.

#31 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17068 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

hugging skrulls. I see this as a train wreck. I don't know if I'm going to look away, no matter how much I want to.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#32 Korcas

Korcas
  • Citizen
  • 1395 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Best can't be a Skrull, that would ruin the entire Endangered Species miniseries, which was WAY too good to be negated for a silly summer crossover!

As far as I heard, the only one that actually has a good chance at NOT being a Skrull is Mockingbird, wich would utterly rule, I've been missing her. :|

#33 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52036 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

Here's a list of everyone on the crashed ship.

White Queen
Spiderman
Beast
Luke Cage
Thor
Wonderman
Invisible Woman
Jean Grey
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Jessica Jones
Mockingbird
Captain America
Ms.Marvel
Wolverine

Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man are right out as being Skrull plants. As is Scarlet Witch (if the Skrulls could do HoM then there's no reason to even have an invasion.)

I know one of the *real* Luke Cage or Jessica Jones is a Skrull.

The Skrulls apparently have (at least) one member in each of the major Marvel teams which would include

-Fantastic Four (Invisible Woman)
-X-men (White Queen, Beast, Wolverine)
-Mighty Avengers (Iron Man, Ms.Marvel, Wonderman)
-Secret Avengers (Luke Cage, Spiderman, Wolverine, Hawkeye)
-Young Avengers (Vision kinda)
-50 State Initiative (Pym has been confirmed)

card-strongarm.jpg

#34 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

I really don't want White Queen to be a skrull. I like her so much more now than I ever have in the past. She and Cyclops relationship just seems much more satisfying than Scott/Jean ever did.

I don't really see Beast as being a Skrull. We already have Dark beast running around; how many Beast copycats do we need?

Here's to a (hopefully) skrully future for Wolverine!

Edited by HeyMickey, 04 April 2008 - 03:43 PM.

#35 Nick Shogun

Nick Shogun

Warm Liquid Goo Stage Beginning

• Validating
  • 1295 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

I'd be interested to see if any of the Skrulls are "attached" to Earth, like Omniman in Invincible. If they've been here long enough surely they've come to love our planet and the people on it?

#36 Bigbot

Bigbot
  • Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

There's a Skrull on every team you say?

Easy It's Wolverine, it explains WHY he's on so many teams

#37 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14608 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(Nick Shogun @ Apr 4 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be interested to see if any of the Skrulls are "attached" to Earth, like Omniman in Invincible. If they've been here long enough surely they've come to love our planet and the people on it?

Bendis has said in interviews that there will be at least one Skrull that has
"gone native" and loves the planet more his job. Crusader has been revealed
to be one such Skrull in Initiative...
Yep.

#38 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

My big question is Lyja, Human Torches ex-skrull wife. After Onslaught it's like she disappeared. I want to know if shes part of the invasion force, joining it to get revenge after being too unimportant to find post heroes reborn, or just odd timing on her part(ya right).

#39 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(darthirian @ Apr 4 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My big question is Lyja, Human Torches ex-skrull wife. After Onslaught it's like she disappeared. I want to know if shes part of the invasion force, joining it to get revenge after being too unimportant to find post heroes reborn, or just odd timing on her part(ya right).

Its funny, I keep thinking about Lyja whenever anyone mentions SI, but I never remember long enough to look her up on a wiki to see what happened to her.

#40 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52036 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

On Lyja

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Word is she's the Skrull agent who infiltrated the FF, no clue who she is though or why she'd be helping the Skrulls

card-strongarm.jpg