Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo

Sonic Unleashed - new Sonic title?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

Depends how it works out gameplay wise. Could be fun, could be tacked on.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#22 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Actually, it seems to be up in the air again...

http://www.xbox360fa...details-update/
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#23 Bigbot

Bigbot
  • Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Sonic Rush on the DS is awesome

#24 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18876 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

Here is everything I've compiled, plus the Xbox 360 Fanboy stuff Exit Wound linked. Thanks, Exxy!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#25 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

Mark my words. April 1st.
Yep.

#26 (Deactivated) Pembroke

(Deactivated) Pembroke
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

It's not a hoax.

Though werewolf Sonic does seem weird... maybe Sonic turns into his Lycanthropic form during the night (I think I recall reading that the game changes between night and day). Maybe it's the effect of the full moon. Then he'll become a giant werewolf and start taking out everything in his path in a fit of rage. In order to save the world, Knuckles will HAVE TO DESTROY THE MOON!!!

Oh wait... I'm getting Sonic and DBZ mixed up, again. My bad.

#27 Mr Smitt

Mr Smitt

The Trukk-Munky

• Citizen
  • 1771 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

A hedgehog that turns into a wolf...holy jive. icon-bee.gif

#28 (Deactivated) Pembroke

(Deactivated) Pembroke
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Magelite @ May 28 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess it's better than him turning into a hog.

#29 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Pembroke @ May 28 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Magelite @ May 28 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess it's better than him turning into a hog.

Or a hedge. icon-fire.gif

#30 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

New trailer: http://www.gametrail...ayer/36549.html
Demon & Interview: http://www.gamespot....p=e32008_videos

I have to say, I'm actually LIKING what I'm seeing. They've made the speed-oriented levels less linear, and it's not on rails like everyone was assuming. The addition of the quickstep, the drift, and using the ring energy for the boost makes having him go faster a bit less of a matter of "simply holding right", and they make a big deal about branching pathways. The Greece level is really bright and colorful and I love the design of the China/Great wall level, especially with the dragon. I also noticed his speed gauge tends to decrease on hills.

The Werehog levels are... wildly different from what you'd expect from Sonic, but also seem well put together. It's less like they took a different gameplay style and transplanted it into Sonic's world, and more like they made his levels more their own style apart from Sonic's levels. Less dashing and speeding around, trying to use your speed, and more combat oriented like the power formation in Heroes. Except it takes place in a setting more suited to it than it was in Heroes. They also apparently have a combo system, so it's not spamming the B-button like it was with Knuckles' moves. And of course the platforming parts.

In addition, I like the new theme song. icon-ironhide.gif

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#31 (Deactivated) Arsenal

(Deactivated) Arsenal
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

That trailer is hilarious, it builds you up and hypes you with those kickass speed sequences and then it crushes your hopes with the slow ass wolf stuff.

Oh well I'll still play it.

#32 Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
  • Citizen
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

I'll wait to play it before I form any opinions, but it looks pretty good as it is.

Personally, I would implement Free-running (le parkour, anyone?) for Sonic. Move fast enough, and you inertia will let you run on the walls and ceilings, and even let you turn conveniently positioned landscape into loops, quarter-pipes, ramps, and shortcuts. Of course, you cannot run too fast if you want to do certain moves for style points. Maybe instead of a Run button, I'd put a kind of manual gearshift to Sonic's speed: "Style", with a quick acceleration with low top speed for getting onto walls, "Smooth", the well-balanced middle gear, and "Streakin' Fast", which has top speed and poor turning ability.

My Special Stages will be a form of Blue Spheres stage: run from Point A to Point B, doing as many tricks and grabbing as many Blue Spheres as you can while avoiding Red Spheres and racing the clock. You'd be scored by Speed, Style, and Spheres, and need to break a certain total score to get the Emerald.

Also, massive, MASSIVE boss robo that can literally walk over the hedgehog, or are even big enough to be a hole level in itself, with an "immune system" made of traps and badniks within.

Things to do in a Sonic game:
Run UP a waterfall
Survival horror stage with a Supercharged Metal Sonic in a junkyard with barely-functioning "zombie" robots
Golf stage. Sonic is the ball.
Chase Nack for one of the Chaos Emeralds in a proper, graffiti-scrawled concrete jungle
Fight a swordsman giant robo where you have to run up the blade when it gets stuck in things.
A stage where you have to wall-run and ceiling run for most of the level
Snorkel item box, brought back from since it was cut before 1993 debut

Edited by Chris_Lv255, 18 July 2008 - 07:27 AM.

My spiral of power comes from two sources: Love and Courage. Let the Spiral become my Drill, that it may pierce the Heavens.
My Pokemon Diamond Friend code: 4424 8048 1193
Behold, my Desktop Tower Defense mazes!

#33 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Arsenal @ Jul 16 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That trailer is hilarious, it builds you up and hypes you with those kickass speed sequences and then it crushes your hopes with the slow ass wolf stuff.

Oh well I'll still play it.

So, you can see around its shortfalls and still enjoy it for what it is? Hrm. I'm
much like you on this title, it looks good, but the Werehog (really, that's what
they're calling it) sequences could be mind numbingly bad. I'll probably just
rent it. That's all the interaction I really need with any modern sonic game.
Yep.

#34 TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ
  • Citizen
  • 1433 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

I'm actually a lot more interested in this game now that certain questions have been answered:

-The Sonic portions aren't completely on rails, and you can stop and do some platforming at your discretion
-The werehog portions, while not as interesting, also aren't as boring as I thought. There's combat obviously, but also some simple puzzles and more platforming.

Also, I love all the music I've heard so far. I just hope the Wii version doesn't end up too different and "crippled" compared to the X360/PS3 one. Apparently, the settings are the same, but the actual levels will be different which I can understand (there's no way to achieve that incredible drawing distance with a Wii or a PS2); I just hope they end up being as interesting and varied as their superior cousins.

#35 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

What's so bad about the werehog, other than being different from the speed oriented segments?

#36 (Deactivated) Abby

(Deactivated) Abby
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

No Sir Mr Sonic Team, you won't fool me again. I remember when you said Sonic 2006 was going back to basics and cutting out the annoying extra characters and gameplay styles. I fold my arms and turn my back on you and your lies!