Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The Feel-Good Thread

1352 replies to this topic

#1341 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

Last spring, I purchased a binder a bug ton of clear plastic sheets. My intent was to use them to place the instructions sheets to my transformers. Not only to get them out of the box they were in (which is too small anyway, and falling apart.) but also to make them readily apparent and easier to find should I need them for something. I got part way through the process (currentish to titans return.) the day after I bought the stuff, and realized that most of the instructions were so badly deformed from being tossed in the box, that they needed compression to smooth out. So I halted the project to drop a 25 pound weight on the binder.

I then spent every day since looking at it, and lamenting my lack of progress.

TODAY, I needed the instruction for abominus so I could finally put it together and onto the shelf. I didn't want him in the first place (no attachment to the character.) but I scored hun-gurr cheap at winners so I went out of my way to at least finish him. In doing that, I wound up adding more instructions to the binder. The rest of the "generations" stuff, and all of my "prime" stuff. Looking at it though, I guess I'm going to need another binder (and more plastic sheets.) for animated and beast wars.

Yeah, I managed to keep all the instructions for all my toys going back over 20 years. And It seems like I'm going to manage to get them into at least series chronological order.

So, I do feel pretty good about that.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#1342 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14286 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:56 PM

Got my tax return faster than expected. Most of it is going to bills, but still.

#1343 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4443 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:23 AM

The surgery to have me eyes removed is scheduled for next week!

I saw a 500-pound person in a Jessica Rabbit costume at Galaxycon this past weekend. I weighed my options and decided I didn't ever want to see anything again. 

I am so excited!

#1344 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13095 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

The surgery to have me eyes removed is scheduled for next week!

I saw a 500-pound person in a Jessica Rabbit costume at Galaxycon this past weekend. I weighed my options and decided I didn't ever want to see anything again. 

I am so excited!

how did your mom enjoy the convention, though???

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#1345 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:53 AM

I was at a TRU in kanata yesterday, and they had to the refraktor reconnaissance set. So I bought it. :D

Edit: it's apparently turned into a weekend to spend money: This morning I bought a new tablet and then signed up for disney+. I needed the tablet cause my old one wouldn't run the app, and that's how I get all my streaming stuff.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 08 March 2020 - 11:19 AM.

#1346 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:02 AM

Okay, so, it's like 14C outside right now. I've got my bedroom window up and not "For five minutes to change the air.". What's coming in is as warm as the air in the house: and the heating system isn't on because the thermostat hasn't dropped low enough.

In short: it's hugging GORGEOUS outside today. I love it.

#1347 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14286 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:01 PM

Yeah, ditto over here. Too bad I had to work today.

#1348 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:03 PM

Today, it's miserable and alternating between rain and freezing rain.

BUT! I got my new tablet about an hour ago, and have been installing and configuring, and it works awesome. Looking forward to finally seeing what's on disney+, and not needing to pull my SD card every 20 minutes or so to make it keeps working.

#1349 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10685 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:46 AM

Just got my tax refund today. Very happy camper.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#1350 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

I got siege starscream today for half off. Walmart was running a liquidation (apparently) and for the price I couldn't pass it up. They were actually liquidating all the sizes they had, except the deluxes for some reason. They had the most of those, so... I dunno, trying to trick people into buying them I guess.

#1351 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:08 AM

I just finished cleaning the bathroom.

Here's the thing: it's under construction. Early on tuesday: the company got the orders to close up shop, so they stopped all current contracts at midnight that night. Now; technically illegal for them to leave us without a bathroom. Yesterday the electrician finished up the wiring and switches and such. Today the plumber was in to finish installing the fixtures. It's still not done, the shower isn't properly installed (it's a glass walled stall... minus the glass right now. We're gonna fetch a shower curtain in the mean time.), the painting and the finishing isn't done. They were about two proper days away from delivery.

But at least we can bathe properly again. I'm looking forward to trying out that ludicrously big bath tub.

#1352 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14286 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

Nice. I would love a bigger bathtub.

#1353 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43007 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

so today I helped the family settle on a gift for mom's birthday. We're gonna upgrade her laptop.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users