Last spring, I purchased a binder a bug ton of clear plastic sheets. My intent was to use them to place the instructions sheets to my transformers. Not only to get them out of the box they were in (which is too small anyway, and falling apart.) but also to make them readily apparent and easier to find should I need them for something. I got part way through the process (currentish to titans return.) the day after I bought the stuff, and realized that most of the instructions were so badly deformed from being tossed in the box, that they needed compression to smooth out. So I halted the project to drop a 25 pound weight on the binder.
I then spent every day since looking at it, and lamenting my lack of progress.
TODAY, I needed the instruction for abominus so I could finally put it together and onto the shelf. I didn't want him in the first place (no attachment to the character.) but I scored hun-gurr cheap at winners so I went out of my way to at least finish him. In doing that, I wound up adding more instructions to the binder. The rest of the "generations" stuff, and all of my "prime" stuff. Looking at it though, I guess I'm going to need another binder (and more plastic sheets.) for animated and beast wars.
Yeah, I managed to keep all the instructions for all my toys going back over 20 years. And It seems like I'm going to manage to get them into at least series chronological order.
So, I do feel pretty good about that.