Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The Feel-Good Thread

1339 replies to this topic

#1301 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:08 AM

I took three weeks, but I finally got a doctors appointment... for the walk in clinic. I dunno when they changed that, but it doesn't make any sense to me either.

Edit: worked though. Instead of the 12-14 hour wait in a waiting room, I sat around for about 50 minutes before seeing the doctor. 10 days of antibiotics and a nasal spray to help clear my sinus infection. Hopefully my LAST illness this year, as I am getting really sick of being sick.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 19 March 2019 - 10:40 AM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#1302 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:43 PM

There. Other than the cat food, the dishwasher, the oven and the coffee maker: we are officially moved out of the kitchen. The rest goes in the morning where in the demolition begins in earnest. 10 to 14 days from now, we will have a brand spanking new kitchen.

Edit: alright, slightly LESS feel good time. While it's wonderful what's going to happen... while it's happening, this place won't feel like home. Between the strange people running around making noise, the kitchen spread around the rest of the house, and literally nothing being where it's supposed to be... oh, and all the animals sulking,it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 07 April 2019 - 08:26 PM.

#1303 K Kaon

K Kaon
  • Administrator
  • 4673 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

So in the past two days I have made two dishes that I have never made before.

Voodoo Chicken and Chinese hot/sour soup.

I am extremely proud of both but the fact that I perfected my second Asian dish ever really makes me happy.

#1304 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

Day 1 of construction: Everything is entirely on schedule. In fact, they're a touch ahead because it seems like they don't need to insulate the walls.

Day 2 of construction: oh, yeah, we were mistaken about the insulation. It's gonna take us longer to get that done.

Okay, all things considered, still feeling pretty good about all this. They copped to the mistake, and managed to find it out while still in the demolition phase, so NBD. They brought in another guy to help with the additional tear down so it's going quickly, and realistically speaking: none of the walls were actually all that big, so it's not a huge job. The electrician is in today, and the tile guy for the floor will be in thursday. The cabinets arrive on the 19th.

Frankly: I'm happy that I don't have to do this for once. I would normally prefer to be responsible for my own renovations, but it would have taken months do it on our own. None of us have the patience for that kind of shit anymore.

#1305 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

Alright, Day...5? Yeah. The kitchen walls are insulated and giprock is back up. Most of the wiring is done, the plumbing is mostly done. The floor has been nicely reinforced. The tile guy (who was supposed to start yesterday, but didn't.) starts early on monday. Mudding will be done next week.

On the personal front: we just cleared out one of three attics in the house (don't be jealous, they aren't so much attics as they are over glorified crawl spaces my hoarder father managed to shove crap into.) in preparation for re-insulating the roof. We're doing the second one tomorrow, and hope to get enough of that one that we can safely put all the crap we have to keep from the first in there. So that when it comes time to get the insulation guys in: all we have to empty is one the attic and we won't gloves and breathers to actually do it. But none of that can get done till the kitchen is finished.

#1306 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

Day 6: can't even boil water tonight. Winds make using the barbeque more than a little problematic.

In a few days we'll look back and laugh.

#1307 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14161 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Time to fashion a spear and hunt down some squirrels.

#1308 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

Time to fashion a spear and hunt down some squirrels.

Squirrels? The poor little buggers have enough to deal with.

I'mma hunt down a moose!

#1309 K Kaon

K Kaon
  • Administrator
  • 4673 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:44 PM

Had someone compliment me on my voice today. They said I sounded like a gentle hearted person.

This boosted my self confidence :D

#1310 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

Mwahahaha. Three fingers of bourdon, which looked more like six, and I feel just a little bit drunk. It's beena good day.

#1311 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

Okay, so kitchen update: Other than some painting and cleaning, it's DONE! We put the stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker and most of the small appliances back in. No dishes until after they finish sanding and painting (which will be next week.) and they send the cleaning lady. At least we can cook properly again.

I loved the quality and speed of their work, and frankly, I loved not having to do it myself. While it's been a frustrating few weeks, it's almost over.

#1312 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:19 PM

The cleaning lady left at 9 something pm after six HOURS of work scrubbing down the kitchen. She was thorough, and it is CLEAN. We then spent the next 40 minutes reshelving... the pantry. We haven't even touched the dishes yet. Still, getting there. It'll be fun to get to the point where we can actually bake something.

#1313 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Almost a full three months later: I'm making pretzels!

Edit: Mwahahaha! 16 soft, golden brown, delicious smelling PRETZELS!!!

Edited by wonko the sane?, 28 July 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#1314 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10641 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

I'm moving in with my girlfriend today. Alas, she does not have the Internet, but that will be fixed. Hopefully before Saturday.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#1315 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

I got a call from my sister. Apparently my nephew misses me and wants me to go over there.

Oh, and he also seems to need help with something, but that's ENTIRELY besides the point. :)

#1316 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:56 AM

Alright! Mobo arrived yesterday, and was installed today. Processor should arrive today, which means I can test the board tonight. Ram arrives tomorrow, which means I get to spend the weekend reinstalling... if the mobo isn't doa.

Edit; processor arrived today! Box was suspiciously light... turns out it was literally only the processor, cpu cooler not included. Run up to my favorite parts store: 1 cooler master and 40 minutes of labour later; the pc is now entirely wired up. Just need the ram. Asus boards don't do squat without ram, but powering it shows that all the lights light and fans (new and old.) fan.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 08 August 2019 - 03:46 PM.

#1317 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Turns out, it's gonna be that kind of august.

Yesterday: my nephew called me and told me his computer (the one I built out spare parts and a rubbermaid bin. (Seriously; post apocalyptic scavengers would be impressed with what I did with just old parts, a drill, a saw and some duct tape.) finally up and died on him. I brought it and him here to diagnose it, though I suspected it was terminal. The board, chip, PSU... they were all pushing at least 8 years old, and I worked them like dogs while I had them.

Turns out I was right. SO: we dove into his bank account (which he didn't know he had. Supposed to be a gift to him from his grandparents in a few years. Oh well. No worries though, this one account was completely separate from his education account.), called in some birthday gifts, and got him 1.) a new case, 2.) a new PSU, 3.) a new board and chip. I'm going to recycle the still working GPU and hard drive from his old rig, and the ram from my recently dead desktop. He gets an upgrade, no one really ends up out of pocket for computer parts, and one of things he got as an outright gift was a thermaltake all in one gaming set: mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, high quality gaming mousepad, and headset, all for less than the price of the standalone headsets in the store. My current keyboard and mouse are thermaltake and they work beautifully, so they should do nicely for someone who gets his kicks on roblox.

Happy 11th kasper. You don't tick over till october, but we're always going to be thinking of you.

#1318 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42779 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:03 PM

Alright, so kaspers computer was causing me no end of trouble. I mean: I couldn't get it to boot. At all. New parts, new case, about the only thing there that ISN'T new I know to be good... or I thought I did. Turns out the video card was dead, and stopping the rest of the computer from booting. Pull the card, and it works awesome. My brother figured that out after I spent a few hours cursing over it, and a few days refusing to touch it out of frustration.

As a consequence: I made him a nice lunch, bought a copy of starcontrol 1 and 2 on steam, and will now forever be calling thermal paste "cpu frosting" cause I needed to warn him that the CPU was a temp, and not to run it too long cause I broke the thermal paste bonding on the intercooler when pulling it off the old motherboard... and completely spaced on the name.

#1319 RackhamTheBugbear

RackhamTheBugbear

Have you seen a purple bard around here?

• Citizen
  • 1837 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:17 AM

So uh, Strike and I's podcast Dungeons and Pop got nominated for a podcast award!
https://audioverseaw...st-of-nominees/
It's largely split between Monster Mash, a few friends homebrewing monsters, items, and encounters while I run a Homebrew dnd5e all henshin class campaign called Adventurers With Attitude but still!
Look, look... I'm going to be honest with you. 99 percent of everything I say and create is a reference.

Also apparently I sound like Dusty Rhodes.

#1320 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14161 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:31 AM

Awesome! Congrats and best of luck.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users