Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

Photo
- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
645 replies to this topic

#621 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

Ahhhhh. Thanks.

#622 Draconis

Draconis
  • Supporter
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Book 4? Air Temple? Chapter one? Forbidden LOVE? SAAYY WHAAAT icon-silverbolt.gif

Heres the link......couse i suck at embedding

(from the sdcc)

Edited by Draconis, 29 July 2008 - 04:39 PM.

Autobots know not of him...Decepticons fear him....
But one thing is for sure...HE WILL GET HIS REVENGE!

#623 Nick Shogun

Nick Shogun

Warm Liquid Goo Stage Beginning

• Validating
  • 1295 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

That's pretty creepy. Aren't they all like 14 or something?

#624 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Draconis @ Jul 29 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Book 4? Air Temple? Chapter one? Forbidden LOVE? SAAYY WHAAAT icon-silverbolt.gif

Heres the link......couse i suck at embedding

(from the sdcc)

Funny, but cruel. icon-fire.gif

#625 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(Nick Shogun @ Jul 29 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, because 14 year olds never get into relationships. Don't guys that age still think girls have cooties?

Aaaaanyways, god, I hate Avatar fans at convention panels. SHUT - THE - HELL - UP - SO - I - CAN - HEAR - THE - PANEL! Half of the stuff they said in that Forbidden Love thing was completely obliterated. I even tried a different recording of it and only got one or two more words.
Like what was Zuko saying before "I don't want to lose my bending"? I'd GUESS "don't tell Aang".
Or what did Toph say at all. I thought I hear "Water Tribe", and then there was a pic of her kissing

They also don't know how to use the time they're given, as half the Q&A session was wasting with platitudes that were all quite obviously clear. Although it seems like there's very little for them to really say at this point.
I would like to know if they're going to be doing any new work, especially Avatar-related, even if it's just a comic adaptation of the show, or comic short story continuation that wraps up the end... or if they're going to be looking for other work.
Also interesting to hear that the movie is going to be a "pretty faithful adaptation of book 1" with a few new... what was it" Tweests? or interpretations? (Aang is a girl! Har har har!)

#626 Nick Shogun

Nick Shogun

Warm Liquid Goo Stage Beginning

• Validating
  • 1295 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(RavageX-9 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, because 14 year olds never get into relationships. Don't guys that age still think girls have cooties?

I just meant that you usually don't see fourteen-year-olds in some of those of positions.

#627 (Deactivated) combiner1

(Deactivated) combiner1
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

although i do like the idea of having more Avatar (eventhough it's just a prequal to the series) i have to wonder, Is Nickolodean really going to milk this all the way????

The story has been said, the ending was spectacular, the last four episodes made a killing in TV land, it's the best series that Nick has in years (well I think the best ever), so why not leave the series as it is, end it on a high note.

I'm not a big fan of Nickolodean (I think Avatar was the only show I've watch that Nick produced), So i gotta ask this question: Aside from Avatar, has there been any Nick series that has been good as this???

#628 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9749 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(combiner1 @ Jul 30 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
although i do like the idea of having more Avatar (eventhough it's just a prequal to the series) i have to wonder, Is Nickolodean really going to milk this all the way????

The story has been said, the ending was spectacular, the last four episodes made a killing in TV land, it's the best series that Nick has in years (well I think the best ever), so why not leave the series as it is, end it on a high note.

As far as anyone knows they are leaving it as it is, aside from the live-action movies of course. I don't know what you're talking about when you mention a prequel series, as nothing like that has been announced.

Yeah, the finale did make a killing in the ratings, with 5.6 million veiwers -- the most Avatar's ever gotten -- it tied for the fourth-highest rated show on cable for the week.

#629 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17076 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Nick Shogun @ Jul 30 2008, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just meant that you usually don't see fourteen-year-olds in some of those of positions.

And you sure don't usually see TWELVE-YEAR-OLDS like Toph able to fill out a bikini like that.

How many Avatar fans are really just in it for the slash and shipping?

#630 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Nick Shogun @ Jul 30 2008, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You watch them while they make-out? :>

#631 (Deactivated) combiner1

(Deactivated) combiner1
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ Jul 30 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(combiner1 @ Jul 30 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as anyone knows they are leaving it as it is, aside from the live-action movies of course. I don't know what you're talking about when you mention a prequel series, as nothing like that has been announced.

Yeah, the finale did make a killing in the ratings, with 5.6 million veiwers -- the most Avatar's ever gotten -- it tied for the fourth-highest rated show on cable for the week.

sorry about that, i was just thinking of Avatar MMO (my bad)

I do have another question.
If water bending has a blood bending as a variation, lightning bending for firebending and metal bending for earthbending, does this mean that spirit bending is a variation of air bending????

think about it, each element has it's own variation which was shown on the series, except air. then you have all the air nomads are very spiritual. plus when Aang uses spirit bending he wasn't in the avatar mode. plus the fact that none of the previous avatar gave Aang the option of using spirit bending, that tells me that the previous avatar does not know about spirit bending (so it's not an "avatar only" power)

so does that mean spirit bending is a variation of air bending????

#632 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9749 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jul 30 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enough for the creators to devote time at convention panels to poking fun at them.

QUOTE(combiner1 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry about that, i was just thinking of Avatar MMO (my bad)

Ah, right, that. Well, I don't think having an online game set at some point in the Avatar universe does much of anything to affect the show itself.

I do have another question.
If water bending has a blood bending as a variation, lightning bending for firebending and metal bending for earthbending, does this mean that spirit bending is a variation of air bending????

think about it, each element has it's own variation which was shown on the series, except air. then you have all the air nomads are very spiritual. plus when Aang uses spirit bending he wasn't in the avatar mode. plus the fact that none of the previous avatar gave Aang the option of using spirit bending, that tells me that the previous avatar does not know about spirit bending (so it's not an "avatar only" power)

so does that mean spirit bending is a variation of air bending????

According to the episode information on Nick's Avatar webiste, "Energybending" is a technique available only to the Avatar, and only a very few Avatars have ever learned it.

In another piece of Avatar news, it seems that while the Book 3, Volume 4 DVD release that's out now doesn't have a commentary on the finale, the complete Book 3 box set coming out in September will.

#633 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Kil @ Jul 31 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In another piece of Avatar news, it seems that while the Book 3, Volume 4 DVD release that's out now doesn't have a commentary on the finale, the complete Book 3 box set coming out in September will.

Great! This is why I wait for the box sets for this show.

#634 (Deactivated) Nemo Yojimbo

(Deactivated) Nemo Yojimbo
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

damn, swooping in on the boxsets are gonna be as bad as star trek for me. totally worth it, but just as bad.

#635 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9212 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ Jul 29 2008, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Jul 29 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I found this the other day. Anybody know if its a real storyboard of an unused epilogue to the last episode, or if its just very convincing fanart?

That was a joke epilogue the creators showed at... some convention a while back. Forget which one.

Yeah. It's a specific reference to the epilogue of Harry Potter. Train station and all.

#636 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67138 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ Jul 22 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MirageAg99 @ Jul 22 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved the music during the Azula Zuko fight.

The entire score was wonderful, and that was the most amazing part of it. Instead of Awesome Fight Scene Music, it was something haunting and sad. Because they're brother and sister and they're trying to kill each other, and its a tragedy.

The music through out the series, and the finale in particular, was amazing, but I feel that was my favorite piece of all.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#637 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ Jul 31 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jul 30 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enough for the creators to devote time at convention panels to poking fun at them.

I had to go look up "shipping". I hope you're happy, internet! I hope you're happy!

#638 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

personally, I still feel Book 4: Air, would really make for a good season. Pick up a few years on perhaps? To restore balance to the world, Aang needs to rebuild the Air Benders. He travels to world locating hopefuls and becomes a skywalker like leader. Meanwhile, Zuko has to find Ursa, Azula can get free, etc etc.

Hell move it forward 20 years, and have Avatar, the Next Generation (kinda jk).

I feel there are more stories to tell in this universe, especially in the animated format and it would be a shame for it to be over after 3 incredible seasons.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#639 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36705 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

I agree, there really should be an epilouge of some sort to answer stuff like "how will balance be restored if there are no more Air Nomads" and I think Zuko really should find his mom.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#640 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

They could split it and switch back and forth between the past and the future to make things interesting, since there's probably not enough material for after the end of book 3.