Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) SweetJazzofMine

(Deactivated) SweetJazzofMine
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

Ok, I have to know. I beta'd this heap of disappointment from October until it was "released". Then, I played it for 3 months after it's "release". I couldn't take it anymore after that. I was soooo disappointed with everything that was promised, how great it was supposed to be, even what it was like in early beta compared to what it was like when it released. At times, I still dream about it and think about my little Gnome Blood Mage.

Reading MMORPG.com's forum today brought me upon a post that said, "Should Vanguard be scrapped?" and it got me wondering about it. I miss it from time to time, and I was wondering, who here still plays it, have played it, and, if you're like me, are planning on *maybe* installing it again sometime at the end of the year or the beginning of next year, just to see if it became worthwhile?

#2 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

Played it towards the end of its beta and a few months after.

SOO much wasted potential. What's so disappointing is that like SWG, the core ideas behind the game were sound, but the implementation was riddled with bugs and balance issues. Had a Gnome Psoionocist as my main, myself.

The thing would crash my machine routinely and they SHOULD have used a GFX engine designed for seamless worlds and not that hackjob they did with the Unreal engine.

I'm gonna keep my eye on it and hope they improve the overall experience. Currently NOT doing the MMO thing at all, though I've got a few upcoming ones on my radar.

#3 Firebird1

Firebird1

HAND LASER R US

• Citizen
  • 1308 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

See you have learned an important lesson like I learned with Auto Assult, Wait for the trial!

crbBhpr.gif

vYg7qjY.jpg

#4 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

I bought it for 20 dollars yesterday and am playing the free month.

Former players can play for free this month -- it says all prior accounts are active.

If you want to hook up, let me know. I don't know how the game used to be, but as a noob, I'm rather enjoying the different classes and stuff.

#5 (Deactivated) Madam Jazz

(Deactivated) Madam Jazz
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Jul 14 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought it for 20 dollars yesterday and am playing the free month.

Former players can play for free this month -- it says all prior accounts are active.

If you want to hook up, let me know. I don't know how the game used to be, but as a noob, I'm rather enjoying the different classes and stuff.

Yea I have been playing it for a little bit...every time they do that whole "hey it's free come look!" thing I always fall for it and go look. It has improved a ton compared to the way it used to be. My little Gnome Bloodmage is still there, and she's still fun. I don't know though, it's still...missing...something. I don't know what it is though.

I am on Seradon, if you see a little Gnome running around named Inabi, or a wolf running around named Aamalthea (or Aamalthia) that's me icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Madam Jazz, 14 July 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#6 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hmm, guess I can dig out my old install disks and give it another whirl. Dunno if I'll play my old Gnome Psionicist or create a new character.(If I do create a new character, I have a feeling it'll once again be a Gnome, though... Either that or a Raki.

It's probably missing cohesion. The game really suffered when the art director died before the art was completed, leaving it a bit of a mishmash of different styles that don't flow together very well. Being bounced around from publisher to publisher probably didn't help much either.

If you guys decide on a server, let me know... I'm re-installing now and I'm sure I'll be sitting around for a couple of hours waiting for the patching to finish.

Edited by Zedoben, 14 July 2008 - 06:24 PM.

#7 (Deactivated) Madam Jazz

(Deactivated) Madam Jazz
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Zedoben @ Jul 14 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, guess I can dig out my old install disks and give it another whirl. Dunno if I'll play my old Gnome Psionicist or create a new character.(If I do create a new character, I have a feeling it'll once again be a Gnome, though... Either that or a Raki.

It's probably missing cohesion. The game really suffered when the art director died before the art was completed, leaving it a bit of a mishmash of different styles that don't flow together very well. Being bounced around from publisher to publisher probably didn't help much either.

If you guys decide on a server, let me know... I'm re-installing now and I'm sure I'll be sitting around for a couple of hours waiting for the patching to finish.

Oh it looks great now. I haven't been to a ton of places (only 28) but it's nice. They added a bunch of stuff including....racial mounts.

Why everyone likes to shaft Gnomes I'll never understand but we...well we...we get to ride a chicken icon-screamer.gif Everybody else gets cool stuff like a spider, a worg, a freakin scorpion and a panther but we OH lets give the Gnomes the chicken! HUR HUR!

...sorry. I was so mad when I found out I went and bought myself a camel to ride so it could spit on all the other races and their neat mounts!

#8 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

Ah, I don't mind riding a chicken. Almost everyone else gets mammals or arthropods... Gnomes are the only race to get an avian icon-hotrod.gif

Heck, it could be worse... Half Elves are stuck with a TURTLE icon-fire.gif

#9 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

Well, there's only 3 servers and one PVP server and they are Low pop.

#10 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

Ah, didn't realize they had dropped down to 3 servers. That should make things easier, hehe...

#11 (Deactivated) Madam Jazz

(Deactivated) Madam Jazz
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Jul 14 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, there's only 3 servers and one PVP server and they are Low pop.

Seradon is the best. Hands down. Unless you like pvp, but honestly games like this one and Eq2 should not have PvP. But this one actually does try to separate pvp from pve (unlike some companies coughblizzardcough) so it's not as bad but being free game from level 7 really isn't fun. At least it wasn't for me!

#12 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Well, I enjoy PvP and think its an important part of the game, but I also enjoy questing and dungeons. I think if you don't do one or the other, you're missing out on content.

#13 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

Thing is MMO's end up with so much content that unless you play 24/7 for a LONG stretch of time, or are VERY good at the game(I'm aware that I rather suck at MMO's due to my kind of erratic play-style) you're gonna miss out on content weather you PVP or not. With Vanguard, content and play-style are rather varied and there are numerous sub-games outside of PvP or PvE combat(Despite it's issues, Vanguard DOES have one of the deepest crafting systems currently on the market and the diplomacy sub-game could be spun-off as a half-decent, though limited, card game in it's own right)

*edit* I wonder what server my Gnome ended up on....

*edit 2* UGH... patch download keeps 'canceling'....

Edited by Zedoben, 14 July 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#14 (Deactivated) Madam Jazz

(Deactivated) Madam Jazz
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Diplomacy is an addiction waiting to happen. I tried it once and ...didn't want to stop lol. I'll have to admit that you're right about crafting, it's pretty danged fun and easy to get started with. I never thought I'd say this but I like their harvesting. Especially foresting...seeing some huge tree fall after I've chopped it and the ground shake when it hits...I never get tired of that. It's something I'm surprised I don't see in other games, really.

My bf had the cancelling download issue. You might have to scan your files at some point.

#15 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

Yeah the cancelling thing kept happening to me but I just resumed it and it never had to restart, just continue.

#16 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5649 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

I had to scan a couple of times... I think there are some issues with the server.

*edit* Well, after several issues, the client is FINALLY patched up. Looks like my characters ended up on Xeth after the spat of server mergers..

Might just re-create my main on the other one.. Not like I remember how to play after over a year anyway...

Edited by Zedoben, 15 July 2008 - 12:34 AM.