Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

Gargoyles Comic News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8195 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:10 AM

Coldsteel!? AWESOME!

#22 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

From JEB's con report.

- Bad Guys #4 is complete and will be out very soon. Bad Guys #5 is 3/4 inked, 1/4 still needing work, according to Karine. Bad Guys #6 was just over half scripted before Greg came to the con.
- Gargoyles #9 will be Hedgecock's final issue as artist; he simply can't keep up with the pace. Gargoyles #10 is being drawn at this time. Gargoyles #11 will be scripted after Greg finishes with Red Tornado #2. Greg doesn't know who will be doing the art for #11 or #12.
- Now that Disney has its own comic company ("Kingdom Comics", apparently), they may be reluctant to allow SLG to keep their license. Even if they let SLG keep it, they may increase the fee, in which case Dan Vado might have to drop it. (Although Gargoyles is SLG's best-selling title, the cost of the license fee cuts into those profits quite a bit already.)
- Although Greg originally planned otherwise, the next spin-off title after Bad Guys will be Dark Ages. There's a story for that that keeps poking him in the head, so he's placed it ahead of Pendragon. (The story wants told so urgently that he joked he might have to do it in some form even if he can't do it as a comic.) Unlike Bad Guys, Dark Ages will not be a series pilot of sorts, but rather a story that covers a substantial span of time. It will include the Children of Oberon; Othello, Desdemona, and Iago; and Hippolyta. Greg first conceived of the idea three years ago.
- Bad Guys is black-and-white for purely economic reasons, but both Karine and Greg think the story works well that way.
- There is every intention to release Bad Guys and the second six issues of Gargoyles as trade paperbacks. Bad Guys will remain in black-and-white when it becomes a trade.
- Dan Vado's main interest is in the primary Gargoyles title, so after Bad Guys is done, they will need to sit back and assess if doing a spin-off is worthwhile. If no more spin-offs are forthcoming, Greg may integrate elements from them into the main title.
- The new spin-off schedule is six issues of Dark Ages, then six issues of Pendragon, then six issues of Timedancer.
- Greg still has a second story arc in mind for Bad Guys.
- After Gargoyles #12, story arcs will be six issues long.
- Disney has been rather hands-off with Gargoyles, except for some issues with, of all things, grammar. They critiqued Hudson's accent in issue #1 (apparently not remembering that Hudson spoke that way in the series, too), and they though Shari's "The story is told..." introductions were too awkward. Greg won both times.
- The benefit that Coyote 5.0 receives from the Coyote Diamond is an enhanced A.I. (Coyote 5.0's mental processes are light-based, and the Diamond speeds them up.)
- No Children of Oberon will appear in the next few issues.
- Bad Guys is set around January 1997; the end of the Clan-Building arc in Gargoyles will catch it up to around that time.
- Greg decided Thailog was an Illuminatus after the series ended but a while back - maybe 1999. There's a story there that Greg would like to tell someday, but not in the immediate future.
- Oberon and Titania were consciously designed to be not white (as in, Caucasian).
- Sevarius isn't really worried about danger from Thailog, as he has more options for employment out there. Besides, Thailog isn't likely to harm Sevarius as long as he's useful. But Sevarius is just arrogant enough to overestimate his value.
- Greg noted how he and Neil Gaiman seem to write about a lot of the same stuff. He doesn't think it's likely they would collaborate on anything, because Neil either doesn't know him or might even think ill of him (after disapproving of Greg's use of Death of the Endless in a Captain Atom comic).
- The comic version of "The Journey" replaces the televised version, so all 13 episodes of The Goliath Chronicles are officially non-canon.
- In response to a question about Shari and Thailog's relationship: Keith opined that if he was in a hot tub playing chess with a willing woman by his side... more than his chess piece would be moving.

Edited by Vicious, 05 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#23 Liam Shalloo

Liam Shalloo

Theoretically God

• Citizen
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

i so wish i was colouring this series

Maker of Video Games, Comics and DVD's

#24 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

You can colour bad guys. Just buy some comics and some crayons. Wouldn't be published or anything...

#25 Liam Shalloo

Liam Shalloo

Theoretically God

• Citizen
  • 2197 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

lol ih havent coloured anything without a pc for so long i dread to think of the mess id make with it

Maker of Video Games, Comics and DVD's