Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

Gargoyles Comic News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:32 PM

Okay, just got back from the Gargoyles con.

The Gargoyles comic book remains on schedual. #5 is done and will be out in July... on time. #6 is almost done and will be out on time in September, and #7 is in production and will be out in November. Greg has written #8 and is writing #9.

The spin-off "Gargoyles: Bad Guys" is well into production, the first six pages were shown off by artist, Karine Charlebois... and they look terrific.

The first trade paperback will be released by the end of the year.

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8235 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:32 AM

Sounds cool, hopefully the trade will find its way into the larger chain bookstores to pump up awareness.

its no longer called The Gathering?

#3 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Jun 27 2007, 01:32 AM) View Post

Sounds cool, hopefully the trade will find its way into the larger chain bookstores to pump up awareness.

its no longer called The Gathering?

It is still called the Gathering.

Oh, and this year's Radio Play was #3, #4, and #5 of the comic. #5 is hugging awesome. If anyone has lingering doubts about this comic, #5 will put those to rest. It's dramatic, action packed, and there are lots of surprises.

I can't reveal anything since Greg Weisman swore us all to secrecy, but trust me, it's good.

#4 (Deactivated) Melek Ta?us

(Deactivated) Melek Ta?us
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

I will buy the Trade.

Still need the rest of the show on dvd damnit..

#5 CrimsonRavage

CrimsonRavage
  • Citizen
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

Awesome.

Still need to find issue #4.

#6 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(CrimsonRavage @ Jun 27 2007, 11:41 PM) View Post

Awesome.

Still need to find issue #4.

Here you go: http://www.amazon.co...i...2626&sr=8-4

#7 DarkDestroyer

DarkDestroyer
  • Citizen
  • 4403 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:45 AM

I'll probably pick up the trade as well...my comic shop hasn't been carrying Gargoyles for some reason so I've missed out onn all the issues so far.

Dark Destroyer
The Destroyer of Worlds

#8 Stormrave

Stormrave

Decepticon Field Commander

• Retired Staff
  • 21315 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

I just read #4 yesterday.

Good news. I'll be buying the trade, too.
Pilot, Writer, Decepticon

http://www.fictorian...ns/mary-pletsch

#9 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63216 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

I'll pick it up... as long as it has

A) Demona B) Macbeth C) Demona D) Demona

#10 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:01 AM

What if it only has 3 of those 4?

#11 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10811 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

I am so looking forward to this...which begs the question, what's the release date?
William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#12 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Echowarrior @ Jul 8 2007, 10:14 AM) View Post

I am so looking forward to this...which begs the question, what's the release date?

The trade will be out in December. Issues 1 through 4 are already out, and 5 should be out in the next few weeks.

Here is some more news, straight from JEB's con report, because he takes great notes.

- Regarding the DVD of Season 2, Part 2: No progress, but Greg does know who the new exec to talk to about it is. (Apparently they have a lot of turnover there.) Greg re-emphasized that the comparatively lower sales of Season 2 Part 1 vs. Season 1 hurt the chances of getting Part 2, and probably lost us Disney's attention. And he emphasized that we need to each find 1000 more fans and spread the word...

- Regarding the comic: Issue #5 concludes the current storyline. Issue #6 is a stand-alone story. Issues #7 through #9 will "blow your minds" - something strange, weird, cool and universe-opening. The first graphic novel, which will include issues #1-6, will be released this winter.

- Thailog designed Delilah to be a proper companion, not a mere sex slave - more than a minion, but less than an equal. Her diction has always been better than that of her fellow clones.

- Gargoyles and humans besides Goliath and Elisa have fallen in love, but it's extremely rare. It's so rare there isn't even a cultural taboo against it. Sometime between c. 3000 BC and 2199, there is only one other human-gargoyle relationship - and no, Greg isn't telling.

- One issue of the comic is about equal to one act from a TV episode. Greg admits he's become used to writing for television rather than comics, but he hopes to break that pattern with Bad Guys.

- Greg chose not to have a fictional president, because - outside of the obvious fantasy elements - he likes to make the Gargoyles universe as close to reality as possible.

- It's important that sales of the regular comic not lag due to the pending release of a collected edition. If the regular comic doesn't sell, there might not be collected editions to buy... Greg also hopes to have some bonus material in the trade paperback (including a foreword by Wendy Pini), and possibly also a trade paperback of Bad Guys.

- The TimeDancer miniseries will be a "fragment" from his 40-year trip.

- Judge Roebling's dialogue in the comic is indeed inspired by Foghorn Leghorn.

- Despite Atlantis: The Lost Empire not being part of the Gargoyles universe (due to various contradictions), the Praying Gargoyle still has an Atlantean crystal at its core. Greg would like to use the Team Atlantis characters in an adaptation of the story in comic form, but if he can't, he'll use analogues.

- Bad Guys began with three characters: Dingo, Matrix and Fang. To fill the role of a "hardcase" female character, they almost went with a new character, before settling on Robyn Canmore. Lastly, they figured a gargoyle would be good, so they added Yama.

- In terms of Illuminati ranking, Mace Malone was somewhere in the high 20s before he died. Xanatos has been an Illuminatus for a few years; Greg won't reveal how long Castaway was a member.

- The first six issues of Bad Guys take place in late 1996 to early 1997. They start in 1997, before flashing back to 1996.

- Matrix's potential power level would become an issue in a second series of Bad Guys. Greg actually conceived of this plotline before the first series.

- Yama wants to redeem himself, but the Bad Guys' bosses are still blackmailing him into service, which he resents.

- Eventually, the Bad Guys may meet Jackal and Hyena, but not in the first series.

- Vinnie will appear in Bad Guys.

- Although Greg would love to do more than one comic a month, he can't financially justify it.

- They briefly considered doing a "Gargoyles Classics" title that would adapt television stories into comic form, but ultimately rejected it.

- Disney owns everything created for the Gargoyles comic.

Edited by Vicious, 08 July 2007 - 09:39 AM.

#13 (Deactivated) John Nemo

(Deactivated) John Nemo
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

i'd help you guys with the DVD sales, but i can't find the Frelling things...

#14 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(John Nemo @ Jul 11 2007, 03:43 AM) View Post

i'd help you guys with the DVD sales, but i can't find the Frelling things...

Amazon.com

#15 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10811 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

Anyone care to point me to where I can find the cover image for issue #5?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#16 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Echowarrior @ Jul 17 2007, 07:16 AM) View Post

IPB Image

#17 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10811 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Vicious @ Jul 18 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Echowarrior @ Jul 17 2007, 07:16 AM) View Post

IPB Image

Thanks!

Just got and read the comic; another good issue. I just hope I can get my hands on the next one...

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#18 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

GARGOYLES: BAD GUYS #1
by Greg Weisman & Karine Charlebois
Take five of the toughest villains in the Gargoyles Universe - Hunter, Scottish gargoyle-slayer; Dingo, Australian mercenary; Matrix, nanotech hive-mind; Yama, Japanese gargoyle; and Fang, mutate - and force them to work on the side of the angels. It may be hard to believe, but these Bad Guys are the best hope we've got! Bad Guys: time to fight fire with fire!
24pgs, B&W ............................................... $3.50

They've even given it a 3/4th a page ad in Previews.

Edited by Vicious, 25 July 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#19 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

GARGOYLES #8
by Greg Weisman & David Hedgecock
From the Holy Land to the British Isles… everyone wants a piece of the Rock. Xanatos, Macbeth, Coldsteel, Thailog, Merlin, Cu Chullain and the gargoyles strive to find it, possess it and learn it’s darkest secrets. All this and Fox’s new shoes in “CLAN-BUILDING, Chapter 8: Rock & Roll.”

.... Okay. This sounds huge.

Edited by Vicious, 28 August 2007 - 06:09 PM.

#20 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Wow. This is why there's a Gargoyles comic.