Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 April 2017 - 02:42 AM)

Death doesn't terrify me, but I have to admit I find the notion of its inevitably more than a little disappointing. I'd hope there's eventually some way to preserve our minds in some form prior to death

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 01:55 AM)

Or maybe some broken kid in a giant cyborg will turn us all into tang. Who knows what the future brings?

@  Waspinator : (26 April 2017 - 01:52 AM)

As someone terrified of death, I for one welcome our transhumanist singularity overlords.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 01:52 AM)

Our grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren will be less than dust before heat death matters anyway.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 01:51 AM)

Signularity is a meaningless buzzword, like a lot of this transhumanist late-game stuff.

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:43 AM)

Or we could go "extinct" in a Singularity, becoming one with our technology to the extent we cease to exist in our current state.

@  Waspinator : (26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM)

Or we'll be killed by Skynet and unleash a plague of von Neumann probes upon the universe.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM)

Assuming all humans leave Earth, of course. Plenty won't, or won't be able to.

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:35 AM)

Technically it could be subspecies of Homo sapiens... But after a couple thousand years away from Earth, it's kind of inevitable humanity will evolve to adapt to strange new habitats.

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:33 AM)

We'd have to adapt to different conditions, especially when we're unable to return to Earth.

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:32 AM)

I can't really see humanity in its current state if/after we "go cosmic," though. You'll have different people adapting to living in zero-G environments, on colonies on other planets that have various conditions...

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:29 AM)

True.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 01:29 AM)

Evolution doesn't mean extinction of a previous state always, tho.

@  Evac : (26 April 2017 - 01:27 AM)

Well, humans as we know them (Homo sapiens) will probably go extinct at some point as the species evolves further. That's only if we somehow don't destroy ourselves.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 12:26 AM)

Oh, humanity will go hypercritical and wipe itself out long before that's a concern.

@  Waspinator : (25 April 2017 - 11:04 PM)

All we need to do is built Diebuster to haul us away from the sun

@  Evac : (25 April 2017 - 10:36 PM)

Okay, well all of us will be dead. Jury's out on our descendants.

@  Evac : (25 April 2017 - 10:36 PM)

But we'll either be dead or be forced off the planet well before that point, since Earth will turn into a Venus-style hellhole in about a billion years.

@  Evac : (25 April 2017 - 10:29 PM)

[/science nerd]

@  Evac : (25 April 2017 - 10:29 PM)

About five billion years, actually.

@  Waspinator : (25 April 2017 - 09:38 PM)

Go check that episode of Doctor Who to see what date they said.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 April 2017 - 09:26 PM)

We got a date for that yet? I want to clear my schedule to watch it.

@  Waspinator : (25 April 2017 - 08:46 PM)

There are some more immediate doomsday scenarios on a more local level, like the sun expanding and consuming us all.

@  Evac : (25 April 2017 - 08:25 PM)

In a few trillion years, there's going to be a Big Rip, a heat death, a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce, so- wait, you're talking about Stargate.

@  Xellos : (25 April 2017 - 08:20 PM)

I just wish Universe had a conclusive ending...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 April 2017 - 07:53 PM)

They had to try something new, and it didn't work.

@  Echowarrior : (25 April 2017 - 07:31 PM)

SG-1 was a good series. Atlantis too. Universe...dear god was that ever a misfire.

@  Xellos : (25 April 2017 - 02:56 PM)

Started watching SG-1 right before season 9. The Stargate were the last live action series that could hold my attention week to week.

@  Rycochet : (25 April 2017 - 02:52 PM)

Sg1 really lost it's appeal once they got too far into the ancients/ascended plotlines.

@  Gizmoboy : (25 April 2017 - 02:48 PM)

I enjoyed the movie. Never got into the TV Series.

@  BlackMax : (25 April 2017 - 02:19 PM)

About twenty since I cared. :D :D :D

@  Whirl Maximus : (25 April 2017 - 01:50 PM)

ten years since Stargate SG1 ended.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (25 April 2017 - 11:05 AM)

it's all about that sweet, savory monosodium glutamate!

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2017 - 10:58 AM)

If you're eating cheap Chinese, nutritional value is probably not the first thing on your mind.

@  Paladin : (25 April 2017 - 10:56 AM)

depends on where you get them from, but sometimes the paper has more nutritional value.

@  Robowang : (25 April 2017 - 10:21 AM)

I have actually eaten the cookie without opening it before. I didn't realize it until my wife asked what my fortune was.

@  BlackMax : (25 April 2017 - 09:18 AM)

It's like the fortune cookies. After getting so many over the years I just barely notice them.

@  Pennpenn : (25 April 2017 - 09:17 AM)

Sorry, yeah, I also dislike any policy which involves including putting Optimus Prime in teriyaki chicken.

@  unluckiness : (25 April 2017 - 09:13 AM)

That sounds like an unfair assessment of the teriyaki chicken.

@  Pennpenn : (25 April 2017 - 09:10 AM)

Yeah but there's no way they weren't designing it with the Optimus Maximus or whatever in mind. That said I could just be annoyed because I dislike the "every line must have at least one Optimus Prime in there somewhere" policy that Hasbro seems to have.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (25 April 2017 - 08:29 AM)

that sounds both worrying and delicious

@  BlackMax : (25 April 2017 - 08:03 AM)

I am seriously feeling hungry occasionally because Quake's deep-red paint job looks JUST like the teryaki chicken at my favorite Chinese eatery.

@  unluckiness : (25 April 2017 - 06:41 AM)

Hard to say. The bot mode's okay and the the combiner form is the awful on. Considering that Prime didn't have a combiner form back then and could have looked like anything, seems that there were other factors at play.

@  Pennpenn : (25 April 2017 - 02:48 AM)

I'd say a lot of CW Menasor's problems were caused by the fact he had to share a mold with Optimus Prime.

@  unluckiness : (24 April 2017 - 09:27 PM)

giggity

@  BlackMax : (24 April 2017 - 08:44 PM)

TR Astrotrain can be remarkably straight.

@  Dracula : (24 April 2017 - 04:10 PM)

bot can not be straight

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 April 2017 - 01:49 PM)

Hey man, don't dongshame.

@  Benbot : (24 April 2017 - 12:32 PM)

#crotchproblems

@  Robowang : (24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM)

Menasor's problem is that his crotch is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. I couldn't care less about those other issues. If your dong is a chestburster, something ain't right.

Photo

Attactix Bios

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33122 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Seeing the new pics of Series 2 inspired me to make these. Hope you guys like 'em.

Thrust
Function: Tactician

Seemingly a normal Omnicon, the former Skyblast-unit is really anything but. Originally a normal technician working in Energon treatment, the Transformer who would be known as ?Thrust? began to exhibit rebellious and even violent tendancies. Eventually, he rebelled against his people, and defected from the Autobots, joining the crew of the nefarious Decepticon pirate, Cannonball. Thrust then rose through the ranks of the Sea Slag, becoming the ship's tactician.

Little does anyone know the truth... that Thrust's change in behavior is due to the Omnicon encountering the spark of one of Unicron's victims, which had been released by the destruction of the Black Hole. The spark has been absorbed into Thrust's own, leading to his new identity. Thrust has no memory of this spark's former life, but its influence is the reason for his change in alignment, and the development of his tactical skills. Unfortunately, it's also created a desire for power... and not even being Cannonball's right-hand-bot may be enough for him.

Decepticlone
Function: Infantry

After the defeat of Galvatron on Cybertron's moon, it was assumed that the war with the Decepticons was over... finished. But then, after the departure of the four star ships, the remnants from the Powerlinx Battles, who had been driven to the planet Chaar a decade before, suddenly attacked Cybertron. And what's more... they had a new weapon: The Decepticlones, an army of sparkless soldiers created to fuel a new war effort.

Soulless and relentless, a single Decepticlones may not be much alone, but when attacking en masse, they can be a formidable fighting force. And with Cybertron, Velocitron, and Gigantion's greatest leaders gone, Jetfire has the greatest task of his career ahead of him.

Omnicon
Function: Infantry

Faced with the monumental task of facing the new army of Decepticlones, Jetfire was faced with one option. He called the Omnicons back from the distant world they had inhabited since the end of the Powerlinx Battles, and instructed them to commission a fighting force to combat the Decepticlones. Though the Omnicons are naturally not very good fighters, they were more than capable of building them, and with the help of engineers from Gigantion, they managed to create an army of drone fighters of their own, based on Signal Flare.

Unlike the Decepticlones, the Omnicon drones retain their spark-form counterparts' ability to manipulate Energon. Their ability to weild Energon Weapons and Energon Stars in battle gave them an advantage, and they managed to repel the Decepticlone invasion and push the Decepticons back to Chaar. With this new conflict over, the Omnicons have become a staple of the four worlds' defense forces. There exist two varieties... a standard version, and a ?commander? class with artificial ?Super Energon? enfused into its armor.

(Note - The mention of the "second type" is an effort to explain the color-scheme of the series-2 Omnicon release.)

Wind Sheer (Based on Series 2 Decepticon "Mini-Con")
Function: Recon

A Mini-Con hailing from Gigantion, Wind Sheer never felt that he fit in on his homeworld. He craved a life of travel, of excitement, of adventure. It seemed that his opportunity had finally come when Transformers from Cybertron made contact with his world, and he wasted no time in stowing away on one of the numerous transport ships visiting Gigantion. But then, he would have no idea that said ship would be raided by the Sea Slag, captained by the infamous pirate Cannonball.

Cannonball found Wind Sheer among the ship's crew, and immediately took an interest in the young Mini-Con. After learning Wind Sheer had been an archivist on the builder world, he forced the Mini-Con to join his crew and provide him information on Gigantion's resources. What's more, Cannonball keeps the Mini-Con at his side at all times, usually forcing him to sit on his shoulder like an Earth-parrot. In some ways, Wind Sheer finally has the life of adventure he always wanted... just without any actual freedom.

Edited by Razorsaw, 11 January 2007 - 08:04 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#2 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33122 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

... *pokes thread* ?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#3 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8303 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:35 AM

Interesting storyline ideas in there. I like Wind Sheer's bio best of the four.

lord-imperious-delirious.jpg