Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Transformers

16 replies to this topic

#1 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2174 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:34 PM

My daughter's been on a big D&D kick lately. It's reminded me of something I had wanted to do a long time ago, but just didn't have an opportunity to do: make a collection of D&D-chromatic-dragon-themed Transformers. TM2 Megatron and Cryotek certainly could work for red and blue, but there just weren't many other options for a long time.

The Prime Predacons changed the game though. Quite a few dragons in that line. They're not as uniformly colored as Megs & Cryotek, but they work well enough I think. I think it's enough to come up with a set that would merge my interests with my daughter's in a neat way.

Anyway, I'm still not completely satisfied after running through the options I can come up with. I was hoping to see if there might be some other dragon Transformers I'm overlooking that might work better.

For reference on what I mean by D&D-themed, I'm looking to make a set of 5 dragons, preferably of the 4 legs & 2 wings variety, one each of the following colors: red, blue, green, black, and white. Ideally, the red would be the biggest one, blue and green would be a bit smaller, and the black and white ones (white in particular) would be the smallest. Ideally, each TF would be from a different mold. I have no decent painting skills, so I'm looking for what's actually been produced, not just molds available to be customized.

Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

Red: TM2 Megatron is the first thing that comes to mind. Only downside is his upright stance, where I'd prefer having him on four legs. Guren Dragotron's head, neck, and tail are mostly black, but he's got enough red from his limbs to be a viable option. Maybe Budora, though that mold isn't my first choice for a dragon.

Blue: Several options here. Cryotek, Cryo Scourge, Cryofire Predaking. And Darksteel, though again not my favorite mold for a dragon. I think I'd lean toward Scourge if he had wings.

Green: I may have to put up with that ursagryph mold anyway. Grimwing is the only thing I'm coming up with. Any other options I'm missing?

Black: The first Voyager Predaking should work pretty well. Only downside is I'm leaning toward using the Cryofire version of that mold as my blue. The other Voyager and Ultimate Predakings are too big. There's RiD Megatron, but the two heads is getting away from the theme a bit. Bakudora's mostly black, but his head and limbs make him read as blue to me.

White: Prime Sky Lynx is all I'm coming up with. Works well enough, though options are always good. There's RiD Galvatron, but again, two heads run counter to the theme.

Anyone have any thoughts for other options I'm overlooking?

#2 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7450 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:32 PM

A helpful link: http://www.tfu.info/ID/index.htm

Minicon Brimstone is green but he's tiny. Universe Razorclaw could be a decent black if you keep his helmet down. For white Galvs does have a single-headed mode, but that's more of a gryphon? PotP Sky Lynx is about the right size, if you can ignore him being made of space shuttle parts.

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#3 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4677 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:33 PM

There hasn't really been many dragons in TF which is a little disapointing if you ask me, but then much of TF history in the last few years been primary vehicles than Beasts, thou I would love to see a awesome looking dragon done in leader or Commander class, as long its not a messy job

Beast Wars 2 had Galvatron as a pink dragon

The live action movies, well, Last Knight had Dragonstorm, thou the colours vary figure to figure

Cybertron/Galaxy Force, Scourge/Flame Convoy, he is a mix of red, orange and black

There is "Classics", Trypticon but he is a legends scale figure, thus very small

Lastly, there is Deathsaurus from victory

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4 ZacDeath

ZacDeath

I am not dead, I'm overwintering.

• Citizen
  • 1160 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:57 PM

Car-Robots Gigatron has a black version and a white version.
WWOPD?

#5 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 11466 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:28 PM

The European version of Prime Ripclaw is a good green.

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14211 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:53 PM

Steelbane from TLK as White. doubles as White Knight.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#7 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19392 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 11:39 PM

Wait, what?

#8 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 11:42 PM

Green: I may have to put up with that ursagryph mold anyway. Grimwing is the only thing I'm coming up with. Any other options I'm missing?

While not official, there is a Big Lots KO of TM2 Megatron that is dark green and pale greenish silver chrome.

ct8vj8N.jpg

7TRPPVZ.jpg

For an official option, there is also Gaidora.

TFGo-toy_Gaidora.jpg

I know you were asking for winged ones, but his deco is too gorgeous to ignore.

Edited by Sabrblade, 14 April 2021 - 11:48 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18614 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:08 AM

You should always pick your toys up and carry them carefully.

Dragon transformers around isn't a good idea.

-ZacWilliam, it's 4am and I stand by this joke.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 11466 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:41 AM

Wait, what?

http://www.tfu.info/...law/ripclaw.htm

#11 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:18 PM

Wait, what?

http://www.tfu.info/...law/ripclaw.htm

Construct-Bots Ripclaw

Edited by Sabrblade, 15 April 2021 - 06:27 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#12 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 1152 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

I'd forgotten Construct-Bots was a thing.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#13 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19392 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:21 PM

Oh, I see. The phrasing confused me into thinking we were talking about a European version of Deluxe Ripclaw.

#14 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 19242 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:34 PM

Doublecross/Twinferno.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#15 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 6097 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:41 PM

Of all the immediate x-overs Hasbro can have, I'm floored that D&D hasn't been done yet.    Bring me my Tiamat X-over

Anyways, I see most people have the bases covered when it comes to Dragon x-overs. 

Also mutant Savage Noble for a red Dragon...

#16 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20403 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

Didn't they KO Dragon Megs in a whole rainbow of colors?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#17 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:28 PM

Didn't they KO Dragon Megs in a whole rainbow of colors?

I only ever saw the green one above and a red one that was basically the official colors with more yellow and orange.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users