Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (23 June 2021 - 10:09 AM)

"This never happened to the other fellow." -  One of my fave meta jokes in movies from 007: On her Majesty's Secret Service.

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

Photo
- - - - -

Generations 2021/2022 RUMORS compilation. Update 06/05/2021 2022 JR Headmasters in Legacy

540 replies to this topic

#41 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5508 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM

A leader redo of Combiner cores is interesting.  Of them, I think Motormaster makes the most sense since he diverged most from his cartoon counterpart.  All of the combiners probably have room for more cartoon accurate representation (given the recent trends of Sunbow accuracy we've seen since Siege started).  Same goes for the limbs, to be honest, though I'm not sure Hasbro would be willing to commit most a year's worth of Voyagers to limbs.

Bases seem to be a solid "thing" Hasbro's been doing the past few years.  Titans themselves a big part, of course, but even Sky Lynx, WFC Leader Prime, Modulators, the whole Titans Return line all had significant "base" element.   One of the major features omitted from the Combiner Wars iterations has been the removal of the base modes the original toys had.  With a cartoon accurate (if not necessary SCALE accurate) remake in a "slightly bigger than Voyager" size, the combiner junk could be integrated into some sort of "base mode".  Might also help justify redos on the likes of Metroplex and such.  IE, a "revised Commander scale" take on Tidal Wave might integrate Menasor's combiner kibble into some sort of "dock mode".  Or in a Metroplex, the Superion parts might "extend" the more modest Commander into a more impressive city.

That might also prevent Hasbro from using the more limited Voyager slots for limbs, and could spread them out to a couple waves.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Hasbro does, but I'm not sure I'm in for another combiner after Combiner Wars.  I've long settled on "good enough", and am not invested in the Combiners to double dip.

#42 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4681 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:17 PM

I really hope Coronation Starscream, if true, isnt the Earthrise mold with a hat and plastic cape. I dont mind the mold, and the six cartoon-canon characters look good together, but it has its flaws, and seeing what was done with Cyclonus and even Dinobot tells me they can do more to eliminate the nosecone and give the poor guy some waist swivel.

Then they would do repaints of the mold as Thundercracker and Skywarp and then maybe possibly the coneheads again! In regards to the cape, it doesn't have to be plastic, it could be a thick rubber or made of actual cloth, Kingdom's Megatron I believe has some rubber upon his body, thou I'll find out when my copy arrives in the next couple of days

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#43 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9684 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:23 PM

I love the CW combiners, but there's room for improvement.  But man, I hate to see Hasbro repeating themselves so soon.

#44 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32581 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

It would be hard to be worse than Combiner Wars Motormaster

I hear Grimlock managed to do so. :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#45 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4265 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

I love the CW combiners, but there's room for improvement.  But man, I hate to see Hasbro repeating themselves so soon.

Well, at least the combiners are thing they've tried once in recent times, we get two redos of g1 Optimus a year now, with Starscream, Bumblebee, Soundwave and G1 robot styled tank Megatron heading that way.

#46 Suspsy

Suspsy

This Title Section Needs To Be Longer

• Citizen
  • 4210 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:47 PM

I would probably buy a standalone Motormaster along the lines of Universe Onslaught. Be nice if he actually transformed into a cab and trailer like his G1 toy for a change.
If You Even Dream Of Beating Me, You'd Better Wake Up And Apologise.

#47 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4681 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

I would probably buy a standalone Motormaster along the lines of Universe Onslaught. Be nice if he actually transformed into a cab and trailer like his G1 toy for a change.

I wouldn't mind that as long they leave the option for a third party to create upgrades that enable the creation of Mensor, but then again, creating a new Mensor would work in Hasbro's favor because:

1. The previous attempt, was a disaster

2. Why do just one bot, when you can do five bots that can combine and your customers will seek out the other bots, so it equals more money at the end of the day!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#48 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6929 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:39 PM

Combiner wars was like 7 years ago. So it's not really that soon. Plus if it is one a year, it'd be awhile before they revisited them all. So might as well start now.

#49 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19401 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:42 PM

Well, the previous gap between Menasors was like twenty-eight years, so.

#50 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9331 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:00 PM

Now look what you did, you made Moledive cry!

Edited by Blot, 22 February 2021 - 09:00 PM.

#51 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52954 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:31 PM

Well, the previous gap between Menasors was like twenty-eight years, so.

The previous gap between Menasor limbs was only eight!

Edited by MrBlud, 22 February 2021 - 10:31 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#52 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 1120 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:20 AM

I wouldn't mind an updated Crab tank Rampage. The first one is great, but I'd like one I can play with and not end up looking like I was dusted with glitter.  Fortunately he's in tank mode so I can live with a lifetime of never transforming him again.

X

#53 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32581 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:24 AM

I wouldn't mind an updated Crab tank Rampage. The first one is great, but I'd like one I can play with and not end up looking like I was dusted with glitter.  Fortunately he's in tank mode so I can live with a lifetime of never transforming him again.

X

Won't his rubber treads eventually rot and snap off from the stretch pressure?

Mine haven't yet, but there are such horror stories, like there are with TM Megatron shattering and TM chrome flaking in general.

Edited by Sabrblade, 25 February 2021 - 03:16 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#54 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 1120 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

I reckon so, but that's the decision I've made to save the chrome.

#55 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 15074 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:27 AM

Pretty much my reaction.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#56 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2174 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:33 AM

I've seen a few comments that seem to be assuming the new Menasor would have Voyager limbs and be a bigger combiner, possibly on the scale of Devastator and Predaking. I'm more assuming that Motormaster would probably be a large Voyager size. Hasbro seems to be really leaning into using higher price classes to incorporate stuff other than just a bigger size lately. My assumption is that the limbs would still be Deluxes, the new combiners would probably still be around the standard CW combiner size, and the Leader class for Motormaster would be used for improved engineering, probably all the combiner kibble, and maybe a base mode.

#57 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 3132 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:10 AM

Well, since we're now getting deluxe-sized [yet] voyager-class cars (i.e. Hot Rod with extras), I could see this as a great thing. That way we could keep scale with the Autobot cars and then load up a voyager with extras (i.e. combiner parts) and sell it as a leader live they've been doing. Maybe the extra parts would make the combined mode taller than CW but not as tall as Predaking or Devvy, but anything is an improvement over that CW Menatorso.

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#58 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6847 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:08 PM

Looks like the news will be trickling out after all. Just got this in a BBTS email

https://www.bigbadto...nDetails/152944

#59 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5322 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:57 PM

Pretty much my reaction.
I had the same reaction, and then realized CW is 5-6 years old already.

Also one a year sounds better then doing as many as they can in a year.

#60 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

The 8th Prime, clearly

• Citizen
  • 11171 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:06 PM

I really don't mind Motormaster specifically being revisited since his original design has never really been replicated. It's unique, too; he is like the precursor to Nemesis Prime, but he also anticipated cab/trailer combination super modes while keeping their cab and trailer incorporated. Plus having a base mode.

I'd really love to see the new team's take on him.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users