Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 April 2021 - 10:01 PM)

Don’t get me wrong, TM2-Megatron, there’s plenty of that too. Full Moon Pictures has a good chunk of their library on there along with Shout Factory

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 April 2021 - 09:52 PM)

Tubi is pretty awesome actually. Has a lot of old Hasbro Shows. Has Kamen Rider 71 and Kuuga, has a bunch of Sentai... at least in the US.

@  Telly : (20 April 2021 - 09:40 PM)

they arent all that bad. theyve got old mst3k and lots of 80s cartoons. last i checked anyway. had gi joe, vehicle voltron, cops, some transformers i think and subbed original captain harlock even

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:56 PM)

I've seen the icon on my Roku; always assumed it was just a slightly "classier" version of those bottom-of-the-barrel trash free streaming services that offer VHS transfers of the very worst the 70s and 80s had to offer

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:55 PM)

isn't tubitv one of those free services?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 08:54 PM)

And I agree with you in principal, but tubi is neither canadian (or is it? *checks* nope.) nor an internet service provider. Don't get me wrong: rogers, telus, bell, et al. are all part of the problem, but not my current or specific problem.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

I wasn't talking about Bell or Rogers as ISPs, but as media providers. Sadly, the same companies that sell us the internet also happen to be broadcasting titans that own the distribution rights for most popular content

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 06:16 PM)

While I agree with you in principal: the problem here isn't the internet service providers. Though the onus of fixing it as a systemic problem is probably on them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 03:16 PM)

then how would honest Canadian companies like Rogers or Bell be able to overcharge you for content, or not even make the content available in your region for varied and unknowable reasons?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:33 PM)

It's on the internet, but the internet is being treated like it's regional. It doesn't matter that I'm in canada, It's the internet. Stop enforcing outdated and completely arbitrary broadcast restrictions on the global telecommunication network.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:32 PM)

Nope, security is not my concern at all.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 April 2021 - 01:56 PM)

I mean, if you're not worried about security and just using it to access geolocked content, there are free vpns.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 11:43 AM)

To watch cartoons on a free streaming program? Might as well write my representative if I have to fix problems other people caused.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 April 2021 - 04:47 PM)

Sounds like time for a vpn.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2021 - 10:32 AM)

Aaannndddd no earthworm jim in canada. Thanks outdated broadcast standards.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Truly the crossover I never knew I needed in my life.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 April 2021 - 08:39 PM)

Dude! Tubi Tv has the Earthworm Jim cartoon! And Chuck Norris and Denver!

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2021 - 04:04 PM)

door to door salesmen (or those offering religion) certainly are one of the things lost to COVID that I've missed the least

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:07 AM)

They rang the bell and were walking away before I even got to the door mere seconds later.

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM)

I just got ding-dong-ditched by a salesperson.

@  tigerhawk : (14 April 2021 - 01:20 AM)

Sure he's a peeping tom but every single Scottish person does it!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 April 2021 - 08:09 PM)

Groundskeeper Wheelie say you're going to taste my rake today!

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 April 2021 - 06:57 PM)

"If elected mayor, me first act will be ta KILL THA WHOLE LOT 'A YA, AND.......I know it's on!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 April 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Campaign slogan? "Its Willie time!"

@  tigerhawk : (13 April 2021 - 10:15 AM)

I'd vote for Groundskeeper Wullie.

@  Donocropolis : (13 April 2021 - 07:25 AM)

A comic, yes, but we need a figure!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 April 2021 - 06:27 AM)

No.. It's Tiberious Maximus... And there is a comic with such already. :D

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

Photo
- - - - -

RoboCon 2021 w/ BotCon pre-party (BotCon delayed to 2022)

26 replies to this topic

#1 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32302 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:58 PM

It's that time again.

Got these two emails five days ago:

RoboCon 2021 JUST ANNOUNCED! Registration NOW OPEN!

Hello All!

You are getting this email first before we announce via social media/news updates. As those who have supported RoboCon in the past, we want to make sure you get first dibs. We have THREE attending packages this year. We also will be doing a custom class (split in to 2 classes, A and B) on Friday. This is limited to ONLY 26 seats total! We will let you read through the descriptions to see all that we have planned (that has been announced so far)! 

Couple more quick notes. There is now a NEWS link on the store site. That is where all Night Shining News will be from now on. There will also be a FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW for JUST registered attendees. So, if you pre-register you will have EARLY ACCESS to all of the amazing Transformers and Robot collectibles our vendors will have for sale at RoboCon 2021!

Any questions? Always feel free to ask!

See you all June 18 & 19 at the Galt House in Louisville, Kentucky!

Best!

Pete, Jesse, & the RoboCon Team 

vvzOJd0.png

First BotCon branded event of 2021!

Hello!

Just wanted to drop you all a quick line in regard to the first
announced BotCon related event of 2021. The team at BC Productions will
be on hand at RoboCon 2021 on June 18 & 19 to discuss all things BotCon,
which includes both BotCon branded items and the return of the BotCon
Convention!

In regard to the latter, please stay tuned to both BotCon.com and our
Facebook page  https://www.facebook.../BotConOfficial for an update
next week!

In the meantime, be sure to visit https://nightshiningllc.com/ to order
the all-new BotCon exclusive WASP RAIDER and then be sure to make plans
to meet the BC Productions team during a fun filled weekend of all
things Robots at RoboCon 2021!

Stay Tuned for more info!

Edited by Sabrblade, 22 February 2021 - 11:21 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14161 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:59 PM

still run by a COVID-denying redcap?

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10742 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:57 PM

Cool.  I might be able to make it as I think it is the following week that I'll be out of town with my family.  I was afraid it might overlap.

#4 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 11182 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:59 PM

I'm gonna try and go this year, but it's going to depend on a number of factors.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#5 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32302 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:55 PM

The custom class figure is the Generations Thrilling 30 Chromia mold in colors that are, frankly, too crazy an idea even for me.

It's a Shattered Glass version of Beast Wars Uprising Blackarachnia, using the colors of the fan-colored SG Animated Blackarachnia seen on Derrick Wyatt's Twitter.

Basically, it'll be a white and red Chromia.

(Would've been simpler to just call it a motorcycle version of Minerva, just needs an orange face.)

Edited by Sabrblade, 16 February 2021 - 09:56 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27977 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:02 PM

Wait, I thought New, Less Official BotCon replaced RoboCon.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#7 Chimp Sausage

Chimp Sausage

The meat that will save us all

• Supporter
  • 4826 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:05 PM

Man, I wanted to go, and my son was asking when we could go again (great con for kids!) but we just scheduled an unrelated vacation before the date was announced. Maybe we can make Botcon if they hold one this year.

#8 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32302 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:01 PM

Wait, I thought New, Less Official BotCon replaced RoboCon.

It was stated last year at the virtual con that they want to do both.

Bring back BotCon as the Transformers convention (unofficially, but still), while continuing RoboCon as a separate, all-encompassing sci-fi robot convention (even if RoboCon has, so far, still held a prominent Transformers presence more than anything else and hasn't really made any serious attempt to being anything more than a Transformers convention carrying on BotCon's torch).

#9 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60880 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:38 AM

BotCon is delayed until 2022

https://www.allspark...and-other-news/

#10 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41254 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:19 AM

Well, I think that is for the best. By then, hopefully, we will be out of this pandemic and just having to worry about confunk again.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#11 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 3075 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:51 AM

That seemed like an awfully fast 'registration open' to 'closed till next year', I wonder if their hotel or convention center got pulled on them suddenly.  It happened here to several organizations planning to use various arenas and civic centers when they got repurposed as vaccination sites.

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32302 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

That seemed like an awfully fast 'registration open' to 'closed till next year', I wonder if their hotel or convention center got pulled on them suddenly.  It happened here to several organizations planning to use various arenas and civic centers when they got repurposed as vaccination sites.

I think you're a little confused. RoboCon opened its registration for this year. It's BotCon that's delayed to next year.

#13 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 13051 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

I think you're a little confused. RoboCon opened its registration for this year. It's BotCon that's delayed to next year.

To be fair, it seems like lots of people are making this mistake. The fact that RoboCon has a BotCon presence doesn't help simplify matters.

The custom class figure is the Generations Thrilling 30 Chromia mold in colors that are, frankly, too crazy an idea even for me.

It's a Shattered Glass version of Beast Wars Uprising Blackarachnia, using the colors of the fan-colored SG Animated Blackarachnia seen on Derrick Wyatt's Twitter.

(Would've been simpler to just call it a motorcycle version of Minerva, just needs an orange face.)

Mostly, I'm just wondering how (and why) they managed to secure enough copies of such an old toy for a custom class.

#14 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32302 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:46 PM

Thread title edited to reflect BotCon's delay.

#15 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 3075 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:07 PM

You're right, I had thought they were the same con.  Thank you!

#16 Sarahthecutevixen

Sarahthecutevixen

Priestess of Unicron.

• Citizen
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

To be fair, it seems like lots of people are making this mistake. The fact that RoboCon has a BotCon presence doesn't help simplify matters.

Mostly, I'm just wondering how (and why) they managed to secure enough copies of such an old toy for a custom class.

BBTS Had them on clearance  and apparently still does

https://www.bigbadto...onDetails/11377

#17 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 13051 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

BBTS Had them on clearance  and apparently still does

https://www.bigbadto...onDetails/11377

That answers that... by the time you've ordered a whole batch of them with BBTS's Flat Rate Shipping, it's not a terrible deal.

Still have no interest in this particular custom class, but it least answers a bit of how it's possible.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 22 February 2021 - 04:15 PM.

#18 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41254 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

Aren't custom class figures usually sourced straight from the manufacturer?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#19 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9805 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:20 AM

When the convention is officially tied to Hasbro, yeah

Put together with no ties to Hasbro, I wouldn't imagine that would still be the case

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#20 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 60880 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:37 PM

There's no indication either way on whether there are any closed doors meetings between BotCon and Hasbro, but I'd say pushing the date back would at least give more time to come up with something. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users