Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2021 - 04:04 PM)

door to door salesmen (or those offering religion) certainly are one of the things lost to COVID that I've missed the least

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:07 AM)

They rang the bell and were walking away before I even got to the door mere seconds later.

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM)

I just got ding-dong-ditched by a salesperson.

@  tigerhawk : (14 April 2021 - 01:20 AM)

Sure he's a peeping tom but every single Scottish person does it!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 April 2021 - 08:09 PM)

Groundskeeper Wheelie say you're going to taste my rake today!

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 April 2021 - 06:57 PM)

"If elected mayor, me first act will be ta KILL THA WHOLE LOT 'A YA, AND.......I know it's on!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 April 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Campaign slogan? "Its Willie time!"

@  tigerhawk : (13 April 2021 - 10:15 AM)

I'd vote for Groundskeeper Wullie.

@  Donocropolis : (13 April 2021 - 07:25 AM)

A comic, yes, but we need a figure!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 April 2021 - 06:27 AM)

No.. It's Tiberious Maximus... And there is a comic with such already. :D

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 April 2021 - 08:33 PM)

One of my two local TRUs will stock exactly ONE titan at a time. It usually ends up "clearanced" for about 20 bucks off cause no one is willing to pay for at full price OR discounted.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Most stores don't seem to want to stock Commanders or Titans, never mind Unicron.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 April 2021 - 07:55 PM)

I wonder if Unicron going to crowdfuning wasn't just a price issue but also stores not wanting to stock and transport something so huge.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:47 PM)

It is, although this thing could also be considered a STEM educational tool

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:33 PM)

Doesn't change the fact that, for most people, $700 is a pretty hefty investment for a toy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:17 PM)

I dunno, $700 doesn't seem that bad for what it does. Some of those Masterpiece figures seem to go for at least half that price, and they don't have any actual robots or even electronics.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 05:35 PM)

Not to mention wallet-shattering.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (11 April 2021 - 04:30 PM)

It's a jargon-shattering figure.

@  Kalidor : (10 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

The licensed Optimus Prime that transforms itself is the appropriate usage of the term "Third Party"

@  Donocropolis : (10 April 2021 - 08:24 AM)

That Optimus isn't built by Hasbro, only licensed. The company that makes it has been making similar robots for years, so no crowdfundng required.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 08:05 AM)

Apparently they're selling one for 74 and a half thousand dollars.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 April 2021 - 08:01 AM)

We could write boston dynamics and ask?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM)

Granted, I'm not sure how much robots with elaborate movement tend to go for.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:56 AM)

I think with actual robotics it was easier to justify selling it at a high cost, compared to an unusually large action figure.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 April 2021 - 05:06 AM)

It is a very impressive display of robotics though.

@  tigerhawk : (10 April 2021 - 04:52 AM)

What were they thinking with that self transforming Optimus? should have been another crowd funder for that price.

@  tigerhawk : (08 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

I wish they'd rerelease Earthrise Ramjet and Dirge.

Photo

Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

626 replies to this topic

#41 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44649 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:01 PM

Indeed. If folks are finally starting to wake up to things, they shouldn't be harassed for daring to admit they were wrong.

HOWEVER, that's not a blanket pardon to allow those people back into your lives.

Let them be humbled by their mistakes. Let them be reminded of their mistakes so they learn not to do them again. They will earn their repentance by being silent and being forgotten by the public. If they speak up again, we will remind them.

Judgement will be reserved until we've heard what they have to say. Dismissing them entirely because of past follies is little better than ignoring them outright because we don't like their politics.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#42 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4198 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

Don't harass Trump supporters, they'll never break out of their illusions of victimhood if you make them come true. That said, hold the trump admin accountable, hold the republican party,  hold the rioters and terrorist groups accountable, don't repeat the mistakes of 2008. The alumni of the Bush admin and the republican party in general were forgiven despite all the blood on their hands, the made no attempt to build bridges with Obama but were treated like they were acting in good faith. Biden treated Mitch McConnell like a reasonable person and ended up kneecapping the senate democrats for a decade, and paved the way for Trump to fill the judiciary with unqualified partisan hacks.

If they're sorry, let them prove it.

#43 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37357 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

I believe in bipartisanship; but not blindly beinding over backwards to make it work. If things are to be better, we've got to be better. We can't just whole cloth cut out half the country. We have to be open to working with them, not against them; becuase as others have said; if we don't that only reinforces their current beliefs. But even then, we should be hard on those that actually hurt people. Heavily reform police, go after Qanon, ousts any Gov't offical that refuses to co-operate or shut down attempts of working together, etc. Those are large reasons why things are as bad as they are, try to cut out the most cancerous parts as possible, instead of trying to completely amputate the limb. As long as we continue to see and treat them all as the enemy, then it will continue to be a deep divide and still never actually get better as the cycle of just tearing down whatever the other side attempts will continue until things break irreparably.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#44 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44649 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, but that works both ways, and they (seemingly) have no incentive or desire to change. How DO you make peace when your enemy refuses to talk to you?

#45 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 395 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

A video of a woman crying for Trump to save America.

https://twitter.com/...5589248004?s=20

#46 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37357 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, but that works both ways, and they (seemingly) have no incentive or desire to change. How DO you make peace when your enemy refuses to talk to you?

You still have to try, part of being better means making the attempt even when they wouldn't do the same thing for you. If we treat them the same as they treated us, mocking them, ignoring them, insulting them... then we are just as bad and deserve to be scorned because we are just proving them right in their beliefs. It's not going to be easy, and never is; but the old saying "nothing easy is ever worth doing." still rings true here, because the effort is still worth the frustration. We're never gonna win by just talking with them, we have to show and prove to them that we are willing to work with them and not just wanting to knock them down.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#47 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6770 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

Perhaps now, a bipartisan effort involves sidestepping the elected officials who pay lip service to their constituents without actively representing them? Enacting legislation that is good for the country and the citizens rather than making concessions to the fossil fuel industry, or MIC/PIC or whatever other lobby is paying for opposition to healthcare and environmental controls. Anyone is welcome to come help rebuild if they want to put in the work, but if theyre just going to be obstructionist then why bother to indulge them further?

#48 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4198 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

The american left met the right halfway since the mid 20th century, and every 4 years, the right seemed to take a huge leap further to the right, meaning the left had to move well into the right to try and maintain any sort of bipartisanship. The american political system is so skewed to the right, Bernie Sanders is considered far left when he'd be a centrist pretty much anywhere else. At this point, the right cannot go further to the right without descending into outright fascism, you can't try meet halfway with people who want you dead,  history has shown repeatedly exactly what happens to the left and minority groups when that happens, someone gets thrown under the bus first and that is never, ever enough.

The line must be drawn now, no more. Let the GOP move to the left or join the whigs in the dustbin of political history.

Edited by Rycochet, 21 January 2021 - 01:49 PM.

#49 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44649 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:49 PM

You still have to try, part of being better means making the attempt even when they wouldn't do the same thing for you. If we treat them the same as they treated us, mocking them, ignoring them, insulting them... then we are just as bad and deserve to be scorned because we are just proving them right in their beliefs. It's not going to be easy, and never is; but the old saying "nothing easy is ever worth doing." still rings true here, because the effort is still worth the frustration. We're never gonna win by just talking with them, we have to show and prove to them that we are willing to work with them and not just wanting to knock them down.

Absolutely, being the better person/culture/society/organization means we absolutely need to TRY.

But we also have to be willing to abandon them outright when they will not cooperate at all. At some point: you have to try to make what progress you can without some people, because those people will bog you down every hugging time. In the same way you cannot convince a person they need to take certain medicines, you cannot convince certain people to change; and that means understanding when it's time to move on.

Now that trump and his are no longer spewing poison straight into peoples phones on a minutely basis: some republicans will change, learn, grow. Accept them when they want to cooperate, find a solution that appeals to the majority and keep working.

#50 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37357 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

Absolutely, being the better person/culture/society/organization means we absolutely need to TRY.

But we also have to be willing to abandon them outright when they will not cooperate at all. At some point: you have to try to make what progress you can without some people, because those people will bog you down every hugging time. In the same way you cannot convince a person they need to take certain medicines, you cannot convince certain people to change; and that means understanding when it's time to move on.

Now that trump and his are no longer spewing poison straight into peoples phones on a minutely basis: some republicans will change, learn, grow. Accept them when they want to cooperate, find a solution that appeals to the majority and keep working.

Yes, like I said I'm not blindly adherent to the idea. But even those you can't convince; you need to at least first make the effort, imo. That way when they refuse, you can still say you tried. I'm fine going on without those that will bury their heads in the sand; I just feel an honest effort at trying is needed first. Some people might never see reason, some might only once they see for themselves what you're saying is true. And right now we are starting to see that; but the only way to know if they can be helped is by first making the effort to find who really does want to put things behind them and those that don't; and yes some of those in the first group will likely need to be weeded out later as they might only be doing it for their own benefit. Again, I'm fine with leaving them behind once they show that, becuase we're not always gonna know who is and isn't genuine. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#51 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18445 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

I mean I am also a fan of this but we're just going to pretend Obama didn't happen and didn't try this exact thing for 8 years?
Http://www.scatterville.com

#52 Cyoti

Cyoti
  • Citizen
  • 1182 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:00 PM

Biden had a front row seat to that. He of all people should realize that's it's going to accomplish nothing. But then again Democrats love to sabotage themselves.

#53 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44649 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:30 PM

I mean I am also a fan of this but we're just going to pretend Obama didn't happen and didn't try this exact thing for 8 years?

Obama had little choice in those last few years but to throw stuff at the wall and see what stuck. Basically the entire time the republicans were outright laughing at him, and making bipartisan noises. Their actions are all the record you need for it; hell, they shot down their own legislation when democrats actually seemed to be on board with it.

If action speaks louder than words, and all their words were lies, then all their actions were damnation.

#54 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29838 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:57 PM

Oh hey Q Congresswoman managed to file Articles of Impeachment on Joe Biden.  For what....I dunno.  Bullshit.

Ironbite-enjoy the last few weeks of your career. 

xC9l3eY.gif

#55 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Take your life and live it your way

• Supporter
  • 50368 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

Second chances are a laudable ideal. But when the other guy has repeatedly, constantly, and consistently shown that they not only care for nothing but their own influence and power, not only will gladly feed as many people as they want into the meat grinder to fuel their propaganda engine, but also that they will lie, cheat, steal, scream, cry, rage, flail, and otherwise do whatever they think they have to do to keep doing it all, there's a point that it's not only counter-productive, but also just plain stupid to keep playing nice.

I don't propose insulting them (they'll just scream louder), or shaming them (they clearly don't have any shame), or fighting them (an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind). But the time for reconciliation has long passed. There must be consequences, and it must be done to the fullest extent of the law. From the top down, we need a political enema. Flush out the bullshit, lock them all up, then worry about the online tough guys and the Gravy Seals.

#56 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18445 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:44 PM

Biden had a front row seat to that. He of all people should realize that's it's going to accomplish nothing. But then again Democrats love to sabotage themselves.

I hope this administration has a contingency plan when this reconciliation plan doesn't work out as good as they hope/expect.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#57 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68839 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:35 PM

Oh hey Q Congresswoman managed to file Articles of Impeachment on Joe Biden. For what....I dunno. Bullshit.

My statement on introducing Articles of Impeachment against President @JoeBiden: pic.twitter.com/1mq7QRBbTX Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) January 21, 2021

Ironbite-enjoy the last few weeks of your career.

What a joke.

ACItEK8.png

#58 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10004 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:26 AM

There's always a chance that Biden might have better luck dealing with the Republicans in Congress than either of his two Democratic predecessors.  He was a senator for 36 years before he became Obama's VP so he's known many of them since the days when they all used to socialize, regardless of party affiliation.

In other (more cynical) words: he's old, white and a member of the club.  We may actually be able to see that used to our advantage for a change.

Edited by Pale Rider, 22 January 2021 - 12:28 AM.

#59 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60879 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:38 AM

Watching these rats scurry around to be the next "Trump" is both hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. 

#60 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10004 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:49 AM

Trump had 30 years to build his facade as a successful business tycoon.  The wannabes who think they can emulate him are welcome to try since it'll be fun to witness them making fools of themselves.

Edited by Pale Rider, 22 January 2021 - 01:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users