Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2021 - 04:04 PM)

door to door salesmen (or those offering religion) certainly are one of the things lost to COVID that I've missed the least

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:07 AM)

They rang the bell and were walking away before I even got to the door mere seconds later.

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM)

I just got ding-dong-ditched by a salesperson.

@  tigerhawk : (14 April 2021 - 01:20 AM)

Sure he's a peeping tom but every single Scottish person does it!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 April 2021 - 08:09 PM)

Groundskeeper Wheelie say you're going to taste my rake today!

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 April 2021 - 06:57 PM)

"If elected mayor, me first act will be ta KILL THA WHOLE LOT 'A YA, AND.......I know it's on!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 April 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Campaign slogan? "Its Willie time!"

@  tigerhawk : (13 April 2021 - 10:15 AM)

I'd vote for Groundskeeper Wullie.

@  Donocropolis : (13 April 2021 - 07:25 AM)

A comic, yes, but we need a figure!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 April 2021 - 06:27 AM)

No.. It's Tiberious Maximus... And there is a comic with such already. :D

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 April 2021 - 08:33 PM)

One of my two local TRUs will stock exactly ONE titan at a time. It usually ends up "clearanced" for about 20 bucks off cause no one is willing to pay for at full price OR discounted.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Most stores don't seem to want to stock Commanders or Titans, never mind Unicron.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 April 2021 - 07:55 PM)

I wonder if Unicron going to crowdfuning wasn't just a price issue but also stores not wanting to stock and transport something so huge.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:47 PM)

It is, although this thing could also be considered a STEM educational tool

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:33 PM)

Doesn't change the fact that, for most people, $700 is a pretty hefty investment for a toy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:17 PM)

I dunno, $700 doesn't seem that bad for what it does. Some of those Masterpiece figures seem to go for at least half that price, and they don't have any actual robots or even electronics.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 05:35 PM)

Not to mention wallet-shattering.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (11 April 2021 - 04:30 PM)

It's a jargon-shattering figure.

@  Kalidor : (10 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

The licensed Optimus Prime that transforms itself is the appropriate usage of the term "Third Party"

@  Donocropolis : (10 April 2021 - 08:24 AM)

That Optimus isn't built by Hasbro, only licensed. The company that makes it has been making similar robots for years, so no crowdfundng required.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 08:05 AM)

Apparently they're selling one for 74 and a half thousand dollars.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 April 2021 - 08:01 AM)

We could write boston dynamics and ask?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM)

Granted, I'm not sure how much robots with elaborate movement tend to go for.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:56 AM)

I think with actual robotics it was easier to justify selling it at a high cost, compared to an unusually large action figure.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 April 2021 - 05:06 AM)

It is a very impressive display of robotics though.

@  tigerhawk : (10 April 2021 - 04:52 AM)

What were they thinking with that self transforming Optimus? should have been another crowd funder for that price.

@  tigerhawk : (08 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

I wish they'd rerelease Earthrise Ramjet and Dirge.

Photo

Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

380 replies to this topic

#21 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 395 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

Biden is now president. 🤟

#22 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29838 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:12 PM

As of now....decency and sanity reign.  For how long, I dunno.  But for now, we escaped the pit.

Ironbite-and Paladin....shut up.

xC9l3eY.gif

#23 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Take your life and live it your way

• Supporter
  • 50368 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:20 PM

mKJRUoM.png

#24 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60879 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

"My invisible accordion is bigger!"

Attached File  biden.jpg   53.08KB   0 downloads

#25 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 4161 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:02 PM

At long last we have a competent & sane president again. I dont typically bother watching inaugurations, but I watched this one. Its a good feeling to be able to look forward to what tomorrow might bring now.

I love that Trumps term began with him bragging about his massive crowd size, and it ended with a paltry, pathetic crowd to see him off. The most perfect visual ending to his failed presidency.

#26 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34279 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

I love that Trumps term began with him bragging about his massive crowd size, and it ended with a paltry, pathetic crowd to see him off. The most perfect visual ending to his failed presidency.

In the end, he shall be loved by no one. 

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#27 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 50368 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:08 PM

Except himself. Which is the only person he ever cared about anyway.

#28 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 7156 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:08 PM

At long last we have a competent & sane president again. I dont typically bother watching inaugurations, but I watched this one. Its a good feeling to be able to look forward to what tomorrow might bring now.

I don't usually watch inaugurations either, but today was a special exception.  We needed this today.  AMERICA, needed this today.

To quote somebody's words on CNN this morning, "this was like medicine in the wound."

Edited by Guardian Prime, 20 January 2021 - 01:11 PM.

#29 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:11 PM

settle in for two years of mediocre compromises followed by a midterm bloodbath & ending with a COMPETENT fascist taking over next time.

You are being too optimistic, I would have included Biden catering to the Right to foster a false sense of unity only to be betrayed by those same Republicans once they seize power again.

#30 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

• Supporter
  • 7156 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

Equals Three, don't encourage him. :p

#31 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:16 PM

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. For now, let's celebrate this victory. 🎉🍻

#32 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44648 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

Those were reporters, to the last. There was no one there who wasn't required to be there. You honestly think his wife wanted to hanging onto his hand during the walk of shame?

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#33 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49453 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

settle in for two years of mediocre compromises followed by a midterm bloodbath & ending with a COMPETENT fascist taking over next time.

Shut up.

#34 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 50368 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

Those were reporters, to the last. There was no one there who wasn't required to be there. You honestly think his wife wanted to hanging onto his hand during the walk of shame?

She was on camera numerous times refusing to hold his hand while he was at the height of his power. Why change now?

#35 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3444 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:38 PM

Do you feel like you can breathe again? I feel like I've been on eggshells since November, waiting for him to just do something so insanely stupid. The Capitol Riots definitely fit the bill, and I was so on edge today that something might go wrong with the leftover idiots.

Speaking of which, I have a former friend on FB I would classify as one of them. I've removed our connection, but his page is public so I can see his crap. He was UTTERLY CONVINCED today was all for show and 45 was going to parade in at the last minute and be sworn in for a second term. 

Instead of that, instead of the annoying "oh crap what did the president say overnight and what bridge did we burn" nonsense we've had to endure, it's quiet. Peaceful. I can breathe again. It's a wonderful feeling.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#36 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13921 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:40 PM

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.
aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#37 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23160 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:40 PM

The work is never done, the problems that created Trump are alive and well, and I have my doubts that Biden will solve them.

But I am so hugging glad Trump is out of office.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#38 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44648 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:49 PM

The work is never done, the problems that created Trump are alive and well, and I have my doubts that Biden will solve them.

But I am so hugging glad Trump is out of office.

That's basically where I am too. It's a massive relief to the world that the senile, openly psycopathic man child is no longer in charge of nukes, but trump was a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. There's a whole hug ton of work that needs to be done, not just fixing trumps cock ups, but the mechanisms that let the trump symptom manifest are still there, and still actively hugging things over. It could very well turn into a sisyphean effort just to keep the day to day stuff running when half of the political system and enough voters to continually support them are intent on NOT cooperating at all.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#39 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8686 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

[picture of Biden looking at a devastated oval office]

This is pretty much how I feel right now tbh. I'm glad Trump is out of the office but he left behind so much of a mess and so much damage that its going to be a long while before we can consider things 'cleaned up' or at least as cleaned up as they get in the US. 

As a Kansan it very much does feel like looking at the aftermath of a tornado. Yeah your glad your safe and got out of it alive but its also just a different kind of fear and unease trying to figure out exactly how your going to proceed from here and the anxiety of knowing your going to have to spend a lot more time arguing for what you need to fix things than you should. Except its not even just physical devastation that has to be fixed, its damage to the very ability to engage in the discussion needed to do so. 

When I think of how much damage has been done in these last few years to the discourse alone it just depresses me. Trump and his cult tainted everything they touched upon regardless of if it deserved criticism and discussion or not. It's going to be a long time before people don't just reflexively assume the worst about people or want something gone because he had his fingers upon it. For example people already calling for an end to Space Force despite experts pointing out why we actually need one and how other countries already do have something similar. Its purely because it was Trumps creation so people want it gone. Any discussion about if section 230 needs to be revisited is tainted by Trumps tantrums about twitter marking his posts.. The absolutely absurd 1776 commission only made it harder to explain the problems with the 1619 project...

Trumps narcissistic Patriot party is going to be a godsend to the GOP if it actually takes off. They can court the extremists while projecting a sense of distance from them at the same time. I doubt it was 'the plan' but it really served up something nice to them in the end.

Bleh. Thought I would be happier today. Just feels like a different kind of heavy.

Edited by Monique, 20 January 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#40 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

• Supporter
  • 7156 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:07 PM

President Biden is inside the Oval Office now.  I'm curious what the letter within the Resolute Desk is going to say.  We may or may not ever know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users