Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 May 2021 - 05:22 PM)

God, it's such a pain to have a local email address shut down. So many accounts to update...

@  Bass X0 : (10 May 2021 - 04:43 PM)

"Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask Primus for help and I'll stop the moment He shows up."

@  tigerhawk : (10 May 2021 - 02:56 AM)

The 1988 G1 line up could all have been done as Titan Master things, I figure the Pretenders could be done as Titan Master Drones and Prime Master shells.

@  Cyoti : (08 May 2021 - 11:14 AM)

Perfect is the enemy of the good. And it's still better than making him a remold of RTS Jazz as planned originally. Fact of the matter is: Nightbeat is just not a priority with Hasbro.

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Generations Nightbeat never really scratched that itch sadly; he looked okay, but his transformation was fiddly, his robot mode had far too many bits and pieces flopping around unsecured, and his chest dragged along the surface in var mode. =/

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

I second wishing that we got a Deluxe Nightbeat from TR, mostly because as a kid he was second-in-command to my old Powermaster Optimus for the longest time. =P

@  tigerhawk : (08 May 2021 - 05:41 AM)

Wipe Out and Wilder it coulda been: Wipe Out is down in the dumps because the Scramble City Trypticon was destroyed and left him a drifting to the point he arrives in Legends World, he finds Wilder and both go on a crime spree subverted by their realisation neither gets any joy from it until they stop a violent crook together and become anti heroes. (Bass XO beat me!)

@  Bass X0 : (08 May 2021 - 05:39 AM)

Yes, Nightbeat and Siren would have been easy remolds of Chromedome - just give them new chests and each other's Titan Master heads. Fangry and Squeezeplay would be remolded from Twinferno with their own Titan Master heads. And Horri-Bull would have been remolded from Wolfwire.

@  Rycochet : (07 May 2021 - 05:10 PM)

Surprised we didn't get a full size retool from the monsterbot mold. I'd rather have a CW Ironhide retool though, we need a van Wilder.

@  tigerhawk : (07 May 2021 - 04:19 PM)

I just noticed Wilder was the only omission from Takara Legends.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 06:01 AM)

Even more weirdly, it was the early shift where some people had their regular day off for the week, while the late shift was supposed to have full attendance (not counting sick days, vacations and overtime reduction).

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

The weirdest part was that there was a steady influx of voters during the early shift, while hardly anyone showed up during the late shift.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:14 AM)

Wow, that was a long day. But it's over, and I finally got some sleep. Not particularly happy with the outcome, but then again, my candidates both admit they didn't really campaign that much.

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

Photo

Cyberpunk 2077

132 replies to this topic

#41 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:49 AM

Sandbox games never stop being a mess, they just get to be better messes.

True. And honestly my only major gripe is the crashing. And really the worst part of that is just how long it takes to get back into the game afterwards. All the other glitches aren't really any worse than what you'd expect with the old Skyrim memes (and everyone loved that game). If they could just take care of the crashing I'd be 100% happier with it.

I wanted to start playing today. I did. But I can't stop playing scrap mechanic.

Yeah, I understand the whole balancing time between games thing. Something that I find sometimes helps (not always but sometimes) is a "I'll play this one before dinner, this one after" type plan. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it helps.
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#42 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1498 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:58 AM

I dunno, while Red Dead Online took a lot of fixing, RDR2 was amazing from start to finish

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#43 Whirl

Whirl
  • Citizen
  • 25386 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:04 AM

but cald, skyrim was actually playable on consoles

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#44 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:59 AM

This is...playable. Well, okay, the crashing issue is becoming more and more of an issue. But while I'm playing it, when it's not crashing, it's still a fun game to play.

I mean, it still crashes a bit, so I can't just wholeheartedly put my reputation on the line and say "get this game now." But there's that bit between crashes where this really is a fun game and the other bugs really aren't any worse than what Skyrim used to be famous for.

I really think if CDPR really focused on fixing the crashing issue and then focus on flying cars, pop-in, etc. later this could be a really good game that I could wholeheartedly get behind. Just...fix the damn crashing.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#45 Whirl

Whirl
  • Citizen
  • 25386 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:12 PM

caldwin, the thing is that while skyrim is actually playable, cyberpunk 2077 is only technically "playable," in the same way Sonic 06 and fallout 76 are technically "playable."

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#46 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60884 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:38 PM

I think mostly my enthusiasm just crumbled about it. I don't get swayed by opinions and reviews, but the fact that the PC version we got still doesn't work, I don't even feel the least bit compelled to play it on console either.

I feel like we just threw 120 dollars in the garbage. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it some day so I didn't see a need to get  console refund. The PC refund didn't seem to be an option due to the glitch that made it say we have 200 hours of play time because it crashed but was somehow still connnected to the server apparently...

But in the end, the excitement and anticipation I had for this game as been soundly dashed. Not even Fallout76 disappointed me this much, and I actually did play that for like a year and a half. 

#47 Whirl

Whirl
  • Citizen
  • 25386 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

to be fair, fallout 76 at least has mothman and the flatwoods monster.

#48 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

I saw an article that said CDPR was gonna try to pull a "no man's sky" on cyberpunk, but... yeah, grain of salt and all.

So... I've made it most of the way into the intro. I died four times in the tutorial, which prompted me to 1.) switch off my controller for mouse and keyboard, and 2.) lower the difficulty. I keep generally getting interrupted during game play (which is a pre-existing condition, so not cyberpunks fault.) which means I can't sit for more than an hour to actually PLAY.

I like the look, I like the context, hell, it even runs well (hard to get crashes when you don't get more than an hour at a time.)... but something isn't clicking yet.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#49 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8335 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

I have played bugger all this year, and I would certainly have assumed that nothing could beat Ghost of Tsushima for my GOTY, but I have been incredibly lucky with 2077. After thirty or forty hours I've had two crashes and that's all I can complain about really - and even then it's been autosaving so intelligently that the only price I've paid is the time taken relaunching the game. It's been so fun and so engaging that going on my own personal experience, it's absolutely a GOTY contender. It's hugely disappointing that the majority of players haven't had as much good fortune with the game as I have. 

I've played every day since release, on an ageing launch day PS4. Those two crashes remain the only notable issue I've encountered.

At this point I have to reluctantly accept that whether I like it or not, I've had so much fun that it really is my GOTY. It could certainly use a lot more polish, and as always I must include the disclaimer "I know I am apparently lucky since it doesn't work for anyone else". But even so. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#50 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

I have played bugger all this year, and I would certainly have assumed that nothing could beat Ghost of Tsushima for my GOTY, but I have been incredibly lucky with 2077. After thirty or forty hours I've had two crashes and that's all I can complain about really - and even then it's been autosaving so intelligently that the only price I've paid is the time taken relaunching the game. It's been so fun and so engaging that going on my own personal experience, it's absolutely a GOTY contender. It's hugely disappointing that the majority of players haven't had as much good fortune with the game as I have.

I've played every day since release, on an ageing launch day PS4. Those two crashes remain the only notable issue I've encountered.

At this point I have to reluctantly accept that whether I like it or not, I've had so much fun that it really is my GOTY. It could certainly use a lot more polish, and as always I must include the disclaimer "I know I am apparently lucky since it doesn't work for anyone else". But even so.

I've had more than two crashes. Quite a few more. But past that, this is me exactly, right down to the launch day PS4.

I mean, look, I know I'm one of the lucky ones. Aside from the crashes I haven't run into anything major. And aside from knowing this was going to be a dark and gritty game with Keanu Reeves, I didn't really keep up with all of the news and hype. So I didn't go into this feeling like I was promised anything. I know this game has major issues.

All I'm saying is that in my experience, I'm enjoying this.

#51 Whirl

Whirl
  • Citizen
  • 25386 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:39 PM

Maybe your Cyberpunk copies are like the Titaniums Fnu gets.

#52 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:24 PM

For the two people who are actually playing, let me warn you, there is a missable trophy/achievement. I'll put it in spoilers since, well, spoilers. But if you don't want to miss out on a trophy...

Spoiler

#53 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:46 PM

Okay, this might be a little mean (and this guy's full review is actually more nuanced)...but I'm posting this here anyway.

#54 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:56 AM

Definitely see the full review. I subscribe to this guy. He has the common complaints. And even though I like the game, I'm not going to deny its flaws. I like that he can rip the game a new one, but does it in such a funny way that you can't feel bad.

#55 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*angry horse noises*

• Administrator
  • 42249 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

The lifepaths were such viral marketing gold. Everyone waiting for this game got to think about which one we were going to pick first, and imagine (and maybe debate) how the one we picked would be the way to go. And then we'd find out for sure (and probably debate some more) once it came out and we compared the different experiences we were having. I knew all along I wanted to go team Corpo, because obviously the best view of Night City is from the top! Poor fools who picked Street Kid weren't going to know what they were missing.

Welp.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#56 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:14 AM

I'm honestly glad that I didn't get caught up in the hype. Cyberpunk 2077 was a buzzword that everyone was talking about, all the Youtube channels were saying the name, there were toys everywhere and I would occasionally see a commercial with that Matrix guy.. So when I had a little extra money to spend, I went ahead and preordered it since it looked like the next big thing...and it had Keanu Reeves in it.

But I never watched ant interviews, saw any gameplay, watched any leaks. I had no idea if it was going to be a FPS, RPG, wide-open sandbox. I had no idea who the characters were or the backstory.

So when I got it and I was one of the lucky people who didn't get any glitches at first, and nothing too game breaking later, I was fine with it. I didn't feel like I was promised anything and I liked what I got.

Of course I know that's not everyone's experience. And I have had those games where I did follow everything I could find pre-release and then felt cheated when the actual game just doesn't measure up to what was promised. So I'm totally not saying anything about that. 

I'm just saying this is where I'm coming from.

#57 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*angry horse noises*

• Administrator
  • 42249 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:09 PM

I can see it being pretty cool on its own terms. As far as boring looter shooters go, at least it's a boring looter shooter with the coolest setting. I haven't yet seen a chunk of Night City that I don't love. And the plot is usually pretty good.

But I did follow the marketing, and oof.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#58 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8335 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:14 PM

Going in hype-free has helped me as well I suppose, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how frequently I've had Corpo options available added to conversations. I'm pretty happy with minimal differences between the classes because I do not have time to play this game three times. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#59 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:10 AM

Well... you DO, but it'll take years to pull it off.

So apparently the devs have addressed the rumours of a "no man's sky" style revival, but have yet to otherwise share their future plans for the game and franchise. And the answer is "no". Which is a shame because there's a lot of potential in the setting and they could add a bugger ton of options and content.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#60 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*angry horse noises*

• Administrator
  • 42249 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

I don't think they can add the obvious missing stuff. The game already appears to be in a constant state of panic trying to figure out its own spaghetti code. It barely works sometimes if you're lucky.

The game needs a complete rebuild. The city design is a keeper but the code needs a fresh start. Just a clean build of the features it currently has without the ghosts of design changes and removed features causing a butterfly effect throughout what's left.

B5ofTKU.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users