Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 May 2021 - 05:22 PM)

God, it's such a pain to have a local email address shut down. So many accounts to update...

@  Bass X0 : (10 May 2021 - 04:43 PM)

"Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask Primus for help and I'll stop the moment He shows up."

@  tigerhawk : (10 May 2021 - 02:56 AM)

The 1988 G1 line up could all have been done as Titan Master things, I figure the Pretenders could be done as Titan Master Drones and Prime Master shells.

@  Cyoti : (08 May 2021 - 11:14 AM)

Perfect is the enemy of the good. And it's still better than making him a remold of RTS Jazz as planned originally. Fact of the matter is: Nightbeat is just not a priority with Hasbro.

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Generations Nightbeat never really scratched that itch sadly; he looked okay, but his transformation was fiddly, his robot mode had far too many bits and pieces flopping around unsecured, and his chest dragged along the surface in var mode. =/

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

I second wishing that we got a Deluxe Nightbeat from TR, mostly because as a kid he was second-in-command to my old Powermaster Optimus for the longest time. =P

@  tigerhawk : (08 May 2021 - 05:41 AM)

Wipe Out and Wilder it coulda been: Wipe Out is down in the dumps because the Scramble City Trypticon was destroyed and left him a drifting to the point he arrives in Legends World, he finds Wilder and both go on a crime spree subverted by their realisation neither gets any joy from it until they stop a violent crook together and become anti heroes. (Bass XO beat me!)

@  Bass X0 : (08 May 2021 - 05:39 AM)

Yes, Nightbeat and Siren would have been easy remolds of Chromedome - just give them new chests and each other's Titan Master heads. Fangry and Squeezeplay would be remolded from Twinferno with their own Titan Master heads. And Horri-Bull would have been remolded from Wolfwire.

@  Rycochet : (07 May 2021 - 05:10 PM)

Surprised we didn't get a full size retool from the monsterbot mold. I'd rather have a CW Ironhide retool though, we need a van Wilder.

@  tigerhawk : (07 May 2021 - 04:19 PM)

I just noticed Wilder was the only omission from Takara Legends.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 06:01 AM)

Even more weirdly, it was the early shift where some people had their regular day off for the week, while the late shift was supposed to have full attendance (not counting sick days, vacations and overtime reduction).

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

The weirdest part was that there was a steady influx of voters during the early shift, while hardly anyone showed up during the late shift.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:14 AM)

Wow, that was a long day. But it's over, and I finally got some sleep. Not particularly happy with the outcome, but then again, my candidates both admit they didn't really campaign that much.

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

Photo

Cyberpunk 2077

132 replies to this topic

#21 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7434 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:26 PM

To put this into perspective, Life of Black Tiger was not removed from the Playstation Store.

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#22 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:19 AM

To put this into perspective, Life of Black Tiger was not removed from the Playstation Store.

Sony feared the rifle.
TwPYOWT.jpg

#23 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 December 2020 - 08:28 AM

I'll be keeping mine. I've seen a glitch here and there, but nothing terribly breaking. I'm on the base PS4. So I guess I dodged a bullet. 

I think I will put it on the back burner for a bit just so I can get over being sick and maybe come at it again with a better perspective. But this hasn't been nearly as buggy for me as it seems it's been for others. With the patches that are certain to be incoming, I just don't have any reason to return it.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#24 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2167 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

My PS4 is a Pro model, so I'm not too concerned over the glitch issue. And I prefer physical copies, so I would be going for a disc version if I decide to get it. I only just learned about free PS5 upgrades the other day, and I see this game is one that offers it, so no reason to hold out for a PS5 version. And I even see it's already dropped $10 on Amazon, so it's tempting.

And definitely understood and agreed about not all games with guns being shooters. Despite generally hating shooters, I love the Metroid Prime and The Last of Us games. It's definitely not the shooting elements that make me enjoy them, but I can work with them as much as any other particular game mechanic.

#25 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3932 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:55 PM

ive been playing on a Series X and havent had many problems, aside from some visual glitches...but i finally got a Game Breaking Bug.

I just finished the quest "Rider of the Storm"...and my Health Bar is gone. No matter which save i go back to, that quest ends and *POOF* no more health bar.

I'm gonna try going back a few hours to a much earlier save and do some quests in a different order and hope against hope that im not completely screwed.

(and my one main complaint with the game is the driving...Bikes are WAY better than cars, and the mini-map is far to friggin zoomed in, damnit)

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#26 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2328 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:13 AM

FYI to the people playing it on PC, I'm seeing word that if your save game breaks 8MB, it can corrupt the save completely. Around 6MB or so it starts loading slowly too, 30 sec to a minute, but the people reporting this may also have been crafting like hell so the number of objects could be causing it too.

#27 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 07:49 AM

I never thought I would see an exaggerated bethesda game...

Still looking forward to playing.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#28 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6646 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:51 PM

Ice T, co star with Keanu Reeves in the cyberpunk film Johnny Mnemonic set in 2021, reviewing a cyberpunk video game starring Keanu Reeves that should've been pushed back to 2021.

#29 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:02 AM

Aaaaaand I just had my first real crash. Latest auto-save wasn't too far back. But if it happens again, I may be done with this until they get some more patches under their belt.

Seriously, I've been hearing about major issues both on console and PC. I've been lucky for upwards of 15 hours before having my first major crash. But if you're looking at buying this game, seriously just wait a few months until they get things patched...seriously.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#30 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:22 PM

Or maybe just wait until they put out a "Complete" version of the game.  Like they did with Witcher 3.  Mind you, there's no guarantee they will...but it feels pretty likely with this game in particular.

#31 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:24 PM

I'm beginning to get crashes more frequently. In the interest of not effing up my PS4, I think I'll move on to something else until I've heard that things have been patched up better.

Shame! I was just getting into it.

#32 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:49 PM

You still own it, so keep an eye on the download notifications, and come back in a few months. It'll keep, and it will likely only get better.

#33 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, that's the plan. It just sucks because I was just getting into it.

Also sucks because it is a good game when it works. I mean, I don't think it's ground breaking, but it could have had a chance at GOTY...if it weren't for the issues it has.

I said somewhere else. I love this game. I want to recommend it to people. And maybe once everything gets patched up, I will. But as much as I love playing it, with all the problems it has at the moment, I just can't give it my recommendation.

#34 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8335 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:09 PM

I have played bugger all this year, and I would certainly have assumed that nothing could beat Ghost of Tsushima for my GOTY, but I have been incredibly lucky with 2077. After thirty or forty hours I've had two crashes and that's all I can complain about really - and even then it's been autosaving so intelligently that the only price I've paid is the time taken relaunching the game. It's been so fun and so engaging that going on my own personal experience, it's absolutely a GOTY contender. It's hugely disappointing that the majority of players haven't had as much good fortune with the game as I have. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#35 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:16 PM

https://www.cyberpun...214/hotfix-1-06

Hotfix 1.06

For consoles it should stabilize performance (fewer crashes).

For PC, there was a bug where save files over 8 MB would become corrupted. This fixes the bugs though it won't fix save files that are already corrupted.

This is huge. If true, these are the major bugs everyone's been complaining about the most. Most other glitches I've seen have been relatively minor. I'm downloading the update now. Probably won't get a chance to play until after work tomorrow.

#36 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 06:40 PM

Well, after the update I'm still getting crashes. I'm going to power through it just because I'm on the endgame mission. But yeah, still got issues after the update.

#37 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 07:38 PM

Purchased!

Dunno when I'm gonna get to it though: I'm mad for scrap mechanic right now.

#38 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:29 PM

Just beat it. Credits rolling. I'm not even sure if I can spoil the ending because there's so many choices that go into it. But I won't risk it. I'll just say I'm happy with the ending I got.

*waits to type anything else until it's all done*

Wow! Those were some long ass credits!

Okay, there's a point of no return, but the game let's you know that you've hit it. So don't worry about that.

After the credits, it'll take you back to right before the point of no return so you can keep doing it again like Zelda (I'm guessing so you can work towards different endings.

The twist is that there's some loot you can get during the final mission that you get to keep. So I'm going to have fun with that.

@Wonko 

Have fun. Like I said, I was still getting some crashes. But hopefully it's patched enough to where you can still enjoy it. I certainly had fun with it.

#39 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:40 PM

I'm continuing to play in spite of the crashes. It helps that unlike the PS3 where a crash meant force-power-cycling the system (and maybe causing damage to the system), the PS4 knows when a game has crashed and just force-quits the game. It's still a pain having to restart the game so often, but at least it's generous with the auto-saves.

I'm also getting the raining cars glitching as well as pop in. Putting it mildly, the game is still a mess after update 1.06.

But I'm still enjoying it. It's still my new favorite favorite game. It's okay to like games that are a total mess (Bethesda has long thrived on this viewpoint). But as much as I love it...yeah.

Wonko, I look forward to hearing your views on the game. I'd hate for the thread to just me bitching about my love/hate relationship with it.

#40 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44717 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Sandbox games never stop being a mess, they just get to be better messes.

I wanted to start playing today. I did. But I can't stop playing scrap mechanic.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users