Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

Photo
- - - - -

C--V-D NINETEEN HAS PENETRATED MY BODY

51 replies to this topic

#1 Robowang

Robowang

Since 1998

• Supporter
  • 4826 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:45 AM

Hey, so I am in quarantine since I tested positive on Sunday. Safe to say my wife and kids have it, too. Nasty chest cold and a little tired, that's about it. The person I likely got it from only had bodyaches.

So who else here has gotten the dreaded Coronavirus this year? Which symptoms did you end up with?

#2 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14693 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:50 AM

I'm currently in day One (well, technically 2 by an hour) of a 2 week quarantine.  Still haven't heard whether or not my test was positive, but one of my roomies was definitively positive.  

I've had a headache and a runny nose for the past few days, but that's typical for me when the weather turns cool.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60898 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:53 AM

I caught it at the forefront as I mentioned in the mask thread. Was about 6 weeks. Constant coughing, super tired all the time, runny poops and I needed one of those asthma inhalers for a while. And I didn't realize this  might be due to it but my sense of smell has lessened. 

2 Fridays ago I spent all day in a car with a friend of mine who took me for a ride-along at his job. It was to see if it would be something I'd be interested in. The next day he got sick and got a test and tested positive so I've been quarantined in here since then (We had to cancel family Thanksgiving with the in-laws). 

So coming into the home stretch of 2 weeks and nothing  has really hit me during this time but, as with him, I could just wake up Sat or Sun and feel like crap. 

I would say there's definitely some truth to the "It's not that bad for *most* people" so here's hoping you'll pull through just fine. 

PS:  I censored the title to test something. 

#4 Robowang

Robowang

Since 1998

• Supporter
  • 4826 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:05 AM

Were you testing if I would pick up on censoring the 'o' twice? Or if Allsparkers would randomly find it funny and spend the next three years incessantly inserting "Coovid!" jokes into threads?

Or some kind of site code? Yeah, probably that one.
Also, sounds like you had a bad bout of it. I am just curious about the mix of symptoms people are getting.

#5 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14693 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:25 AM

I've heard from friends who've been fully asymptomatic to friends who have horrid flu symptoms, including massive changes in temperature from fever to chills, Headaches that make migraines seem like nothing.  And, of course, a complete inability to breathe without outside assistance.  

This thing runs the gamut.  Some are lucky.  Some are unfortunate.  Some of my friends are dead.  There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason.  It just takes some, spares others. 

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#6 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60898 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:34 AM

Were you testing if I would pick up on censoring the 'o' twice? Or if Allsparkers would randomly find it funny and spend the next three years incessantly inserting "Coovid!" jokes into threads?

Or some kind of site code? Yeah, probably that one.
Also, sounds like you had a bad bout of it. I am just curious about the mix of symptoms people are getting.

I noticed there aren't any ads on this specific topic (and there still aren't) but it had that word in it. It's a pattern of how YouTube demonetizes almost anything that doesn't fit into their box of "acceptable content". But YouTube and Google are one and the same and both use Adsense. Usually I won't notice and will just get some email notification about it. One of the "offending" pages/topics was something that had some image of something in the middle east and it was deemed as "violent or dangerous" or something to that effect. 

I was wondering if editing that word out would fix it but I have a feeling it won't until I get an email then request a "manual review" - which I still think humans dont even actually do. 

Nothing to do with this thread directly, just something I was curious about. 

#7 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Follow your heart, let it guide you through the dark

• Supporter
  • 50726 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:56 AM

I had it in September. High fever, total exhaustion, and general flu symptoms for a few days. Still had to take three weeks out of work, partly because it took so long to get tested at the beginning and then re-tested at the end.

#8 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69036 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:14 AM

My fiance's doctors think she had it back in March. Back when they were saying not to wear face masks. She never got tested because her doctors told her to stay home so long as she wasn't having any problems breathing. She had high temperatures and other symptoms of the flu, but a few symptoms that are exclusive to Covid-19.

She was better in about a week. I never caught it or remained asymptomatic.

ACItEK8.png

#9 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15937 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:24 AM

I got a little sick when TMM had it but tested negative. Recently I've had exhaustion and a sore throat for over a week, but still tested negative.

#10 Bonebot

Bonebot
  • Citizen
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:10 AM

I first contracted it at the end of april. Mostly mild cold symptoms, except for severe fatigue and of course the difficulty breathing, and one unbelievably painful headache that hit me towards the end. I never went to the hospital, but there were a couple nights where I really should have.

I was diagnosed with it again in early june, although this bout was much less severe. There was never a point where I felt I might need to go for help. Somehow I managed to avoid spreading the virus any of my family, despite living in a small apartment with my fiancee and our two children. My family's been amazingly fortunate, all things considered.

Edited by Bonebot, 27 November 2020 - 10:12 AM.

#11 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8371 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:30 PM

Well FIRST - best wishes to anyone who has it in them now, such as our poor sweet Robowang, but also... wow.

It's really interesting how different things have gone from country to country (often for obvious reasons though, of course). Like, here in Australia my state has only had a total of 116 cases and only two or three in the last month or two. I don't know anyone who's had it, and I'm not even aware of anyone I know knowing anyone else who had it. So that we have a whole thread of dudes right here on the Coronaspark who got pozzed is just really surreal to me.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60898 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:27 PM

Oh hey, the ads came back.

*strokes chin in a lordly fashion*

#13 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 11221 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

I've yet to catch it, so far as I'm aware, but several people I know - including my now ex-roommate - have tested positive.

I am so very glad that a vaccine is just around the corner for this thing. The sooner this virus is gone, the better.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#14 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Oh, I am my daddy! Wait... what?

• Supporter
  • 4876 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 11:32 PM

Currently dealing with COVID-19 as Im stuck in a nursing home. My symptoms are similar to what Kal went through above.

WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!

Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098

Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787

Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345

Actual friends: um....

#15 Deathy G1

Deathy G1

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4817 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:07 AM

My wife and I had it in March. Fever, diarrhea and this feeling I can only describe as foaming inside my lungs. Ive never felt anything remotely like it and hope never to again.
Signatures are overrated.

#16 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3469 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:57 AM

My great uncle was diagnosed Friday.

Mom just called and said he has about an hour to live.

On Monday, my great aunt was with him. He was unmasked. She had one on.

On Tuesday, she came over to my grandmas house to do her hair. My mom was there. Mom went home to be with dad after.

As of Wednesday, my uncle started showing symptoms. Immediately, all of them went into quarantine.

One person, no mask. 5 possible infections.

Wear. A. MASK.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#17 Corwin613

Corwin613

Unstable Stability

• Citizen
  • 847 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:46 PM

Sorry for anyone who is sick and who has also lost anyone due to this disease. Some of these stories of people testing positive twice sucks though, but then how can they be sure you have it again? Since from what I understand it tests for antibodies that would be in your system for months....

I am an introvert so I am pretty much always in quarantine. 

So far not gotten sick, don't know anyone who has  gotten sick nor anyone who has died from in here in Michigan despite it running rampant according to the news and our governor....

Been wearing a mask since they said we should and I wash my hands pretty consistently after going out....

QUOTE(Defunct @ Sep 9 2009, 01:37 PM)
You're posting on a site full of toy-collecting manchildren. What did you expect?

"Dramatic irony bites like a rabid monkey"
- Tito, the Weekenders

card.png

#18 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3483 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

A few months back a roommate of mine tested positive and the only symptoms that I know that he showed was a lack of taste and smell.

#19 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16356 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:26 AM

My sister tested positive the other day. She's unable to sleep cos she's really hot and she said she had some sort of shaking fit last night. She can't smell or taste anything and she's got hardly any energy.

Really worried about her, she was told she had a "covid age" of 89 after some tests she got a while back. She's a teacher, I feel she shouldn't have been in the school at all.

Really sucks

#20 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4265 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:20 AM

I got it from an asymptomatic carrier a few weeks back, fever, lethargy, coughing and so on. I felt like I was drowning every time I tried to breathe, like every breath had as much water as air. On the upswing now, but still somewhat pissed because I was super careful, but a housemate just had to have one last night out before lockdown in a pub with her maskless friends.

Having to listen to their hypochondria for weeks didn't help. I'm coughing continually unless I'm sat down in a very specific way, while she moans about boredom and backache.

Edited by Rycochet, 30 November 2020 - 08:28 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users