Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:56 PM)

I've seen the icon on my Roku; always assumed it was just a slightly "classier" version of those bottom-of-the-barrel trash free streaming services that offer VHS transfers of the very worst the 70s and 80s had to offer

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:55 PM)

isn't tubitv one of those free services?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 08:54 PM)

And I agree with you in principal, but tubi is neither canadian (or is it? *checks* nope.) nor an internet service provider. Don't get me wrong: rogers, telus, bell, et al. are all part of the problem, but not my current or specific problem.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

I wasn't talking about Bell or Rogers as ISPs, but as media providers. Sadly, the same companies that sell us the internet also happen to be broadcasting titans that own the distribution rights for most popular content

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 06:16 PM)

While I agree with you in principal: the problem here isn't the internet service providers. Though the onus of fixing it as a systemic problem is probably on them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 03:16 PM)

then how would honest Canadian companies like Rogers or Bell be able to overcharge you for content, or not even make the content available in your region for varied and unknowable reasons?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:33 PM)

It's on the internet, but the internet is being treated like it's regional. It doesn't matter that I'm in canada, It's the internet. Stop enforcing outdated and completely arbitrary broadcast restrictions on the global telecommunication network.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:32 PM)

Nope, security is not my concern at all.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 April 2021 - 01:56 PM)

I mean, if you're not worried about security and just using it to access geolocked content, there are free vpns.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 11:43 AM)

To watch cartoons on a free streaming program? Might as well write my representative if I have to fix problems other people caused.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 April 2021 - 04:47 PM)

Sounds like time for a vpn.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2021 - 10:32 AM)

Aaannndddd no earthworm jim in canada. Thanks outdated broadcast standards.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Truly the crossover I never knew I needed in my life.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 April 2021 - 08:39 PM)

Dude! Tubi Tv has the Earthworm Jim cartoon! And Chuck Norris and Denver!

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2021 - 04:04 PM)

door to door salesmen (or those offering religion) certainly are one of the things lost to COVID that I've missed the least

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:07 AM)

They rang the bell and were walking away before I even got to the door mere seconds later.

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM)

I just got ding-dong-ditched by a salesperson.

@  tigerhawk : (14 April 2021 - 01:20 AM)

Sure he's a peeping tom but every single Scottish person does it!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 April 2021 - 08:09 PM)

Groundskeeper Wheelie say you're going to taste my rake today!

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 April 2021 - 06:57 PM)

"If elected mayor, me first act will be ta KILL THA WHOLE LOT 'A YA, AND.......I know it's on!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 April 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Campaign slogan? "Its Willie time!"

@  tigerhawk : (13 April 2021 - 10:15 AM)

I'd vote for Groundskeeper Wullie.

@  Donocropolis : (13 April 2021 - 07:25 AM)

A comic, yes, but we need a figure!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 April 2021 - 06:27 AM)

No.. It's Tiberious Maximus... And there is a comic with such already. :D

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 April 2021 - 08:33 PM)

One of my two local TRUs will stock exactly ONE titan at a time. It usually ends up "clearanced" for about 20 bucks off cause no one is willing to pay for at full price OR discounted.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Most stores don't seem to want to stock Commanders or Titans, never mind Unicron.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 April 2021 - 07:55 PM)

I wonder if Unicron going to crowdfuning wasn't just a price issue but also stores not wanting to stock and transport something so huge.

Photo

The Election Week Coverage. Democrats Take control of the Senate While MAGA riots.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1656 replies to this topic

#1 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41254 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:59 PM

So, tomorrow is the final day of this election, so I thought that I would start a thread for it and share this:

From Facebook:

How to keep from going crazy on Election Night (compiling a few tips from experts I have seen in my perusals):

1) Don’t expect a winner Tuesday night. Unless we win one of the big states (TX or FL), this race will be decided by the remaining swing states (PA, MI, WI, AZ, and NC), which won’t all have results Nov 3.
2) Many states that ought not to be close are close anyway, and that’s actually bad news for Trump. But keep in mind, he may win them anyway. These include races in TX, IA, OH, and GA. These are all states he won in 2016 and should have won this time without a fight. But they are deeply red in many cases. So just because he wins them this time doesn’t mean he is “winning”—it means he isn’t losing outright yet. Again ,it’s the swing states that matter. Losses in three of these four states are more likely than not (but polls are good in GA); wins in any would be devastating to Trump.
3) Trump will APPEAR to be winning in any state where day-of voting is counted before mail-in or early votes. This includes critical states of WI, MI and PA. When those numbers get reported, don’t freak out! Trump is EXPECTED to be ahead, and by a lot. Why? His voters’ ballots will be counted first. We have to wait for Dem votes when the millions of mail-in ballots are counted. So don’t panic when those initial precinct results go on the boards.
4) Even if we win one or two of the swing states Tuesday night (like AZ or NC) the networks likely will not call the election until one more swing state (PA, MI or WI) reports in enough of its outstanding absentee/early votes. That could be by the next morning in the case of WI or definitely later in the week in the case of PA and MI.
5) The pundits will want to make this seem like a close race and keep your anxiety levels up so that you stay tuned in. Understand that this is their M.O. so I would look to more neutral experts like Nate SIlver of FiveThirtyEight or Nate Cohn of the NYT.
6) Don’t doomscroll or spread misinformation. The number of fake stories will proliferate despite best efforts of Facebook and Twitter. Wait until confirmation by respected MSM, but even then, think before sharing something. Ask yourself if it might have the effect of scaring voters away from the polls or discouraging voters over whether their votes will be counted. The Russians and the alt-right WANT you to share horror stories. It’s how they suppress votes.
I plan to keep all of the above in mind to get through Election Day and night a little easier!

I will be voting tomorrow, being a blue spec in a sea of red. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#2 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44656 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:01 PM

The number of fake stories will proliferate despite best efforts of Facebook and Twitter

Ha, like facebook is even trying to stop misinformation.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#3 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34293 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:08 PM

Election Night 2016 flashback...

Optimus-Drinking.jpg

Let's not have a repeat, folks.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#4 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35308 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:09 PM

Oh I plan to be feeling no pain regardless of how tomorrow goes. lol.

Go Biden!

#5 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15678 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:27 PM

Hoping for the best, but nowhere near prepared for the worst....

#6 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4851 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:47 PM

I remember 2016. I went to bed feeling anxious but hopeful. I woke up the next morning, checked the news, and slept the rest of the day in a blanket-and-depression burrito.

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44656 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

The only kind of burrito not improved with copious amounts of cheese.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#8 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 4161 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:29 PM

My wife and I voted blue all down the ticket. We donated to Warren once & Joe 3 times- $20 each time. We did our best to influence people in our circles.

Weve done what we can. All we can do now is wait.

#9 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6466 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

crow1025.jpg

#10 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10008 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:33 PM

I think after Trump (whether it's now or 2024), we need to codify into law some of the shit that was simply regarded as "tradition" before.  I'm talking about institutional traditions that should prevent crooks (in ANY party) from becoming presidents in the first place, but obviously failed us in 2016.  And other traditions that should ensure that we don't have to worry about a scumbag president (from ANY party) staging a coup every four years, but obviously aren't enough right now.

Would Trump have even run for POTUS in the first place if he was legally required to release his tax returns?  Somehow I doubt it.

#11 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 5059 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:33 AM

I can't believe it's election day already. It feels like it's only been 53 years since the election campaigning started.

#12 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

• Citizen
  • 10008 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:09 AM

Edited by Pale Rider, 03 November 2020 - 01:09 AM.

#13 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Take your life and live it your way

• Supporter
  • 50377 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:22 AM

I think after Trump (whether it's now or 2024), we need to codify into law some of the shit that was simply regarded as "tradition" before.  I'm talking about institutional traditions that should prevent crooks (in ANY party) from becoming presidents in the first place, but obviously failed us in 2016.  And other traditions that should ensure that we don't have to worry about a scumbag president (from ANY party) staging a coup every four years, but obviously aren't enough right now.

Would Trump have even run for POTUS in the first place if he was legally required to release his tax returns?  Somehow I doubt it.

I'm sure this will push our nation to reevaluate our election procedures. Just like Columbine and Sandy Hook pushed us to reconsider gun safety, or how global warming pushed us to reconsider pollution.....

#14 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 41254 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:48 AM

Well, I went and voted first thing this morning.

123806962_3874550832568545_2229476423850

That was the longest line that I have ever seen to vote. I don't think that, before today, I have spent more than 5 minutes total waiting in lines to vote. Today, it was about half an hour standing in the early morning sun. I am hoping against hope that we can get Jones back to the Senate again, but its only a small hope.

#15 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6466 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:07 PM

If it helps, I've been getting mail saying "urge Doug Jones to change his position" on conservative pet issues, as opposed to "vote against him because of his current positions on these issues".

So some usually-Republicans think that other usually-Republicans are going to be voting for him.

#16 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 11429 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:34 PM

The way almost all of the 'road maps' currently have it, if Biden gets Florida, PA, and OH he'll already be at 270. I'm hopeful, but not counting on FL turning blue though.

#17 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3444 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:55 PM

Im not counting on PA unless the lead tonight is good enough before counting mail in ballots. Pretty sure Trump is gonna due to get any counting stopped after tonight and his SC is sure to side with their Orange Overlord.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#18 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

• Citizen
  • 10008 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, why did you wait until today?

#19 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 41254 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

Just out of curiosity, why did you wait until today?

Alabama has some weird voting early restrictions, and it took a while to get those removed. I just always figured that I would vote today. At least then, I know my vote wouldn't be stolen by a court, delayed by the mail, etc.

#20 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35308 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:32 PM

I've never been this nervous in my life, and I've been married and divorced. lol

Be so happy when this evening gets here and results start coming in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users