Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass XÖ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

Photo
- - - - -

Please wear a mask.

17 replies to this topic

#1 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 847 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

I know I'm likely preaching to the choir here, but please wear a mask.

I thought I was pretty safe, wearing a mask out in public, grocery shopping, etc. The lone exception: I'd take it off at my desk at work (still going in to my office job, and have been since this started. There's very little I can do from home, because of server issues and the design I do at my computer).

At the end of September, one of my co-workers got it from her mom. That began a domino effect in our office (we're all more than six feet away, but we share the same copier, printer, Culligan water cooler, etc.). I thought I had a mild sinus infection, as this is the time of year I'll often get one. Turns out, that wasn't the case.

I got to quarantine for a week (by the way, the state health department and county health department each told me different things, so that was confusing) and make a list of all the people I've been in contact with for X-amount of time over the past Y-amount of days. Ended up giving it to my wife and two youngest daughters. My youngest is just getting her taste and smell back.

It was mild for us. It felt like any sinus infection I've ever had.

A friend of mine wasn't so lucky.

My friend is in his 70s, and volunteers with the local Veteran's Assistance program. He got it from another buddy who works with local veterans. Today they loaded my friend in an ambulance, as he had trouble breathing. If praying is something you do, please do it. I will be.

I got too comfortable at work; I took off my mask and got it from a co-worker. My buddy got too comfortable doing the work he does; and got it from a co-worker. This thing isn't going away.

Please wear a mask.

#2 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15922 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:22 PM

Definitely. TMM caught it recently, and wears a mask at work/out in public. He had mild symptoms but had to stay home for 10+ days. Surprisingly, I didn't catch it from him or was asymptomatic and got a false negative. We definitely got cabin fever not being able to go out for anything save curbside grocery pickup. I also work tech support that includes pharmacies and it's extra busy/ stressful with all the testing. Wear a mask, and wear it properly.

#3 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 11220 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:57 PM

I'll wear a mask until it's safe to not do so. And that day can't come soon enough.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#4 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52949 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:20 PM

I wear a mask if I go anywhere.

Im going to continue until theres a safe, effective vaccine available.

card-strongarm.jpg

#5 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 7143 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:23 PM

Wear a mask, but understand WHY you need to wear a mask. Unless you are wearing an N95 or better mask, it does very little to protect you, it's to keep your germ filled spittle in, not to keep germs out.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69024 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

Always wear one when I'm not at home. Or even when I have guests at my house.

ACItEK8.png

#7 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:32 PM

I don't talk about it much but my job (which I've been laid off of for many months) was the kind of job where I didn't have an office and I didn't work from home - I was out on the road all day, every day, doing tech service calls. They ranged from replacing/fixing cash registers, credit card readers, scanners, printers, etc for at retail stores like Target, Home Depot, Office Depot, Ulta, Claire's - in fact one of the last jobs I did was a few all day affairs where we removed those tiny little price checkers at Target and replaced them with those giant android pads. 

In addition to that my other primary duty was doing home printer installations for customers who bought their printers at Office Depot, typically elderly couples (sometimes I'd do WAPs and other networking, but usually it was printers.)

In Jan I got what I thought was the Flu but didn't think much of it and took my DayQuill and pressed on. I had several doctor's appointments and no one could really tell me what was wrong and then a week or so later into Feb the Covid stuff started being talked about. At that point I was advised by my doctor and the job to quarantine for 2 weeks - I made it clear in my emails that I was requesting advice on how to proceed so they would tell me to do it rather than me ask to do it, you know "just in case". 

Anyway, I continued to show symptoms and fever for a while. And while my symptoms were "mild" I was often dizzy, lethargic, coughed constantly, short of breath at times and of course had off and on fevers. There was literally no treatment for it at that time so I was told to push through it but if it became severe, then and only then should I go to the hospital or ER.

So I would estimate for sure it was between Feb all the way through June before I really ever truly got over it. And sometimes I still feel the lethargy and shortness of breath and was given one of those inhalers that asthma patients use. But I don't need it all the time. 

Anyway, I barely leave the house and when I do it's usually to hurry up and do what I need to do and come back home. Lately we've been eating out a few times here and there but it's not often. The only other exception is when we drove to California and back during the last week of July - the first week of August. And even then we didn't go to tourist places that weren't outside and we mostly just slept in the truck at rest stops. 

I always wear a mask and probably will for a long time to come. 

#8 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:18 AM

I don't talk about it much but my job (which I've been laid off of for many months) was the kind of job where I didn't have an office and I didn't work from home - I was out on the road all day, every day, doing tech service calls. They ranged from replacing/fixing cash registers, credit card readers, scanners, printers, etc for at retail stores like Target, Home Depot, Office Depot, Ulta, Claire's - in fact one of the last jobs I did was a few all day affairs where we removed those tiny little price checkers at Target and replaced them with those giant android pads. 

In addition to that my other primary duty was doing home printer installations for customers who bought their printers at Office Depot, typically elderly couples (sometimes I'd do WAPs and other networking, but usually it was printers.)

In Jan I got what I thought was the Flu but didn't think much of it and took my DayQuill and pressed on. I had several doctor's appointments and no one could really tell me what was wrong and then a week or so later into Feb the Covid stuff started being talked about. At that point I was advised by my doctor and the job to quarantine for 2 weeks - I made it clear in my emails that I was requesting advice on how to proceed so they would tell me to do it rather than me ask to do it, you know "just in case". 

Anyway, I continued to show symptoms and fever for a while. And while my symptoms were "mild" I was often dizzy, lethargic, coughed constantly, short of breath at times and of course had off and on fevers. There was literally no treatment for it at that time so I was told to push through it but if it became severe, then and only then should I go to the hospital or ER.

So I would estimate for sure it was between Feb all the way through June before I really ever truly got over it. And sometimes I still feel the lethargy and shortness of breath and was given one of those inhalers that asthma patients use. But I don't need it all the time. 

Anyway, I barely leave the house and when I do it's usually to hurry up and do what I need to do and come back home. Lately we've been eating out a few times here and there but it's not often. The only other exception is when we drove to California and back during the last week of July - the first week of August. And even then we didn't go to tourist places that weren't outside and we mostly just slept in the truck at rest stops. 

I always wear a mask and probably will for a long time to come. 

Hope you're well now, Kalidor.

#9 DarkeklawGW

DarkeklawGW

Slowly losing myself in a good way

• Citizen
  • 6238 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:28 PM

The restaurant won't let you work if you don't wear your mask.   I go in to stores with my mask.   I don't go much anywhere else because I live 20+ mins away from anything fun.   Just sit here at home... StArIng At ThE CoMpUtEr...  HeLp Me!!!

For Bella Rose Fraizer-Grant Sept 8, 2011 to Nov 26th 2011... Pop-pop will always love you!!!!

#10 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3944 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:00 AM

im not the praying type, but even with my shit...my thoughts are with anyone whos suffering from this stuff even a little. 

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#11 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:30 PM

Well I feel like I'm mostly better now but I feel like it's screwed with my diabetes a bit since my A1C seems to have jumped up a full point since last time. But I can't tell whether that's because of the virus or the lack of exercise and eating well due to be stuck inside. Probably the latter hopefully. 

#12 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 11464 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:33 PM

A1C will go up if your body had recent trauma such as a virus or infection.  However, as long your daily sugars remain within normal it should go down next time.

#13 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41262 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:20 PM

I am pinning this topic, as I really feel that we should all be wearing a mask. We probably should continue to wear them for the foreseeable future too.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#14 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6839 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:16 PM

My dad has gone FULL LIBERTARIAN ® (© Glenn Beck via The Blaze). He has decided that distancing and masking are useless now, and the economy is more important than Covid safety. If you get it, you get it. So I guess Ill see him in a year or so 😖

Edited by Corgis Pal, 20 October 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#15 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15922 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:38 AM

Oof. Yikes. I'm sorry.

#16 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:22 AM

Good news: my buddy got out of the hospital yesterday. He's not great, but he's better, and he's home.

#17 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 7143 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:52 PM

Good news: my buddy got out of the hospital yesterday. He's not great, but he's better, and he's home.

Good to hear.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#18 Chimp Sausage

Chimp Sausage

The meat that will save us all

• Supporter
  • 4826 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:24 PM

20201023_192244.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users