Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

Photo
- - - - -

TRA Headmasters Listing at Walmart

147 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68588 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:53 AM

There's been a little talk about this listing in other threads but figured it might need its own discussion.

https://www.tfw2005....res”.1199055/

TRA Headmaster ast
EAN: 5010993797578

TRA Headmaster ast
EAN: 5010993797585

TRA Headmaster ast
EAN: 5010993797561

Tra Headmaster Ast
EAN: 5010993797653

https://www.tfw2005....1#post-18338473

From a reputable source, here is what we can expect:

Hardhead (LG head, Hasbro plastic colors, different paint ops from the waist down)
Chromedome (TT colors)
Punch/ Counterpunch (lighter colors)

ACItEK8.png

#2 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27956 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

"Reliable source" gives three identities for four molds.  Wonder who the fourth is.

Anyway, more stuff to skip.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#3 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3936 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:23 AM

One day they'll make an IDW head for TR Hot Rod??

#4 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18342 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:30 AM

Those legends heads could get me to buy them all over again. That's tough.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#5 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27956 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:31 AM

One day they'll make an IDW head for TR Hot Rod??

That doesn't sound like it would make him incrementally more accurate to anything from the eighties!

Edited by ▲ndrusi, 21 September 2020 - 09:31 AM.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18440 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:37 AM

I don't know how I feel about these. I have all these from Titans Return and I have a hard time imagining there will be enough changes to want them again.

I love the 1987 toys and characters and I like the Titan Returns molds. But it seems extremely unnecessary to be releasing these guys again this soon. Especially when there are like 6 G1 Headmasters and 5 Targetmaster still without real updates.

-ZacWilliam, if this leads to us getting any of them that's the only major upside I can see.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3773 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:38 AM

This is cool but as I opted for the TT versions of most of the Headmasters, I will be skipping these Wal Mart versions.

#8 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

And Punch/Counterpunch goes for a pretty high sum these days, so getting it out there again is a good thing

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#9 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31965 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

Could this be a sign of things to come post-Kingdom? Like, the next line might have a mix of old and new molds together?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#10 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41190 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:09 AM

I wouldn't mind picking up a Punch Counter Punch since I had to sell mine in the great purge of 2018.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#11 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 1038 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

I would have jumped on a pack of heads a la the 6-pack Japan got; if its going to be just more cartoon-accurate, full-body guys, however, Ill pass.

That said, if they surprise us all and release a Minerva Ill be all about it.

Edited by DocChloroplast, 21 September 2020 - 10:12 AM.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | Buying POTP Prima Prime, either version

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#12 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2103 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:16 AM

I don't know how I feel about these. I have all these from Titans Return and I have a hard time imagining there will be enough changes to want them again.

I love the 1987 toys and characters and I like the Titan Returns molds. But it seems extremely unnecessary to be releasing these guys again this soon. Especially when there are like 6 G1 Headmasters and 5 Targetmaster still without real updates.

-ZacWilliam, if this leads to us getting any of them that's the only major upside I can see.

I'd also be happy to see a new Weirdwolf release with proper tolerances. Just had the plastic hinges on mine crumble a couple weeks ago when I pulled out all my Decepticon Headmasters after Scorponok and Snapdragon arrived. Happened right after I learned about the problem when I was looking stuff up on the wiki too.

#13 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19222 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

I hope Punch's head is just rolling around loose in the package to keep him on-theme.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68588 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:48 AM

He said the other three are Skullcruncher, Mindwipe, and Weirdwolf. Whom he hasn't seen.
https://www.tfw2005....2#post-18339370

He's only seen the robot mode of Hardhead and the alt modes of the other two Autobots. I imagine that Chromedome would use the TR head if they're aiming for Rebirth accuracy. But it could go either way since Hardhead has the LG head. Whether they're doing Rebirth heads or just what didn't get a major release in the USA.

ACItEK8.png

#15 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27956 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:01 AM

I'd also be happy to see a new Weirdwolf release with proper tolerances. Just had the plastic hinges on mine crumble a couple weeks ago when I pulled out all my Decepticon Headmasters after Scorponok and Snapdragon arrived. Happened right after I learned about the problem when I was looking stuff up on the wiki too.

Apparently, you control reality with your mind, so reading about how your toy could break caused it to break.

#16 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4514 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Could this be a sign of things to come post-Kingdom? Like, the next line might have a mix of old and new molds together?

Maybe, it could simply be a filler line inlight of the sitution with Covid that they decide to reuse some older molds to save some money and plan out what they want to do next.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#17 TheSupernova

TheSupernova
  • Citizen
  • 1015 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

I'm quite happy with all my TR figures for the most part, but it would be nice to have a second chance to break a Weirdwolf.

I'm not a man of many words.  When I do have something to say, though, I'll try and make it worth your while!

#18 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Oh, I am my daddy! Wait... what?

• Supporter
  • 4853 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

I was forced to see my collection back in the spring, so getting a potential second chance at these toys without the collector’s market mark-up would be nice.

WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!

Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098

Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787

Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345

Actual friends: um....

#19 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1450 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:22 PM

I would be interested in the Punch/Counterpunch. I skipped the first release, because I had the TFCC P/CP. Then, I dug it out of storage for the first time in a few years...

I would be interested in the Punch/Counterpunch.

#20 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17371 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:39 PM

My Punch has a scratched mouthplate, I might go for a "perfect" replacement.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users