Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo
- - - - -

What/Who Do You WANT from Generations now?

79 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17971 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

What would you like to see in Generations now in these Three Categories.

The Categories and my answers:

CATEGORY 1. - "It Has to Be G1!"

- Ok, then, nothing from 84-86 except Huffer, Pipes and Omnibots. No. No. Nothing. For at least 2 years. You want to do Optimus? Fine, do Star Convoy again or Pretender, or Action Master Optimus design. You want to do Bumblebee? Do Goldbug or Pretender Bumblebee.

-1988 Headmasters (both Bots and Cons)

-Autobot Target Masters

-All the Pretenders they skipped in some form. Love these guys.

-Weaponizer Junkions

-Black Ironhide and other Diaclone/Microman designs-Colors as NEW G1 Characters

-Female Transformers with different body types: Bulky Built Stryka or Tiny Gauge. Thin Lightbrite, Chubby Aileron. And so on.

-Obscure stuff like Spanner and Big Red

CATEGORY 2. - "It Has to Fit WFC Kingdom: BW/G1 Meeting!"

- Silverbolt

- Stampy

- Some Non-Show BW Guys

- BW Guys that could be reused for missing Late G1 guys (Carnivac, Snarler, Horribul, etc)

- Slight stretch but: Vehicon Jetstorm. Tankor has had on-model toys, Thrust has had on Model toys. Jetstorm hasn't had anything close and he's a fun character darn it.

- BW Commander or Titan

CATEGORY 3. - "God, Anything Other Than G1 PLEASE!"

- Cyberverse Season 3 introed something like a Half Dozen all NEW characters to the franchise. Do THAT but in Generations. Be Creative. I'll even break the category rules right out: They could even all be in the G1 Universe if they have to be, if they are an ALL NEW cast darn it.

- Remember why it's Generations and give us more RiD 1, Armada, RiD 2 and Prime guys in Generations style.

-I want Generations style figures of any of the original Rescue Bots and/or Rescue Bots:Academy characters

-ZacWilliam, OK, I ended up unloading a lot more thoughts there then I intended when I started. What would *you* most like to see in these Categories?

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 July 2020 - 07:36 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10761 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

As someone who began collecting as an adult during Armada, I'm always for more UT stuff. I wish the Armada Optimus new mold was already released.

I also hope that Kingdom does well enough that we get more BW stuff, and also BM.

#3 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3571 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Alright, so:

Category 1 - G1:

- I wouldn't be mad at Omnibots, a better Huffer or a much better take on Pipes.  A much-needed, decent Galvatron was on my wish list, and I hope that WFC 3 delivers.  Aside from that, Devcon, a nice G1 Alpha Trion, an Earthrise-style take on Jazz and Hound, and a Commander Class Overlord would be my picks.

Category 2 - Fitting the Next Line:

- Blackarachnia, Silverbolt and BW Ravage.  If we are stretching into BM with this category, then I'd still like a Leader Class Tankor with Diagnostic Drone.

Category 3 - Beyond G1:

- I honestly don't know; how about something all-new?  Make up a few new characters/toys with all-new designs, etc. to toss into the Generations frying pan.

#4 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33649 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

Category G1:

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCLASHHHHHH.

Category Kingdom:

Magnaboss.

Category non-G1:

Animated/Prime Bulkhead with Generations-style tweaks.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#5 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47694 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:04 AM

Category 1: Monstructor. I'm still hoping for a Titan-class set with full shells (maybe make 'em Weaponizers so they can armor up the combined form too).

Category 2: BW Rampage. Give me a new giant Hannibal crab.

Category 3: TLK Steelbane, upsized to Voyager. Or just take the existing toy and give it better paint and joint tolerances. I love the knight aesthetic, I love dragons, but the toy could use some help.

#6 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:25 AM

Category 1:

I'm not sure what I'd actively WANT that we haven't already gotten recently. Sunbow-style Cybertronian modes for Bumblebee, Jazz and Wheeljack, I guess? The remaining Headmasters would be cool but not something I'm yearning for.

At the end of the day though I'm in this for cool toys, so I'd be ok with anything as long as the figures are good and not too similar to something I already have.

Category 2:

BW Ravage and the remaining BW season 2 and 3 show characters. Then, Beast Machines!

Category 3:

What I'd really love is for Generations to truly become a line sampling from every series. Animated characters, UT, and ideally new characters in different aesthetics all mixed together.

#7 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29947 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:34 AM

Just give me a Minerva and I'll be satisfied.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#8 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23057 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:25 AM

I really just want like, active character design and reinvention back in Transformers. I guess I have like, my own wants, but you could do whatever as long as I can tell anything about a character by looks alone that isn't 'I remember that guy!' and/or 'Cool Robot'. And also make more of them ladies. I don't care how you do it, but it'd be fun to trans some genders of old characters and get fans bent out of shape lol

Oh! Okay, like, Micromaster Firecons that are just color swaps of one another for swarming. That'd be fun. And more likely to actually happen.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 18 July 2020 - 10:27 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#9 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1200 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

Sure, I'll throw my 2 cents' in:

Category 1: G1
New, regular retail releases of Haywire and Recoil as TargetBattleMasters. We got a Firebolt, why don't Blurr and Kup get some little buddies?
Finish the Pretenders. We need Waverider, at least.

Category 2: Kingdom
Throwing my vote for Minerva in here.
Also, a Generations-ized Animated Red Alert.
Stampy.
A Predacon Sauropod.
Strika.

Category 3: Anything Else
I would also echo the desire for Generations-ized Rescue Bots.
I would then add Playskool GoBots in Generations style: Speed-bot, Mototron, Buzzer-bot, and Hauler-bot for sure. All doable as redecos/retools of current or theoretical-new molds, and the kids who had those would mostly be adults by now.
Also, Tonka Gobots, even though that is unlikely.
EDIT: also also, Flatline with a true hearse altmode.

Edited by haywire, 18 July 2020 - 02:14 PM.

#10 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 1057 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Omnibots and IDW comic bots. There's still a lot of ground to farm with those I think. The obvious being Pharma and the djd. I wouldn't mind some random limbs "new characters?" with combiner wars sockets.

x

#11 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3146 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

I mostly just want Quintessons. We got the Judges, Sharkticons, Allicons, and even the Bailiff, let's keep going with a proper Prosecutor, and Executor, and some Scientists (including the 3-Headed one and the guy from Cyberverse).

Weird stuff like the Purple Griffin and Beast Machine Vehicons would be great too, if unlikely.

Beasts I'm kinda ambivalent to. Like, I grew up on Beast Wars and it's my favorite TF show.... but apart from the "holy grails" Tripredacus and the Fuzors I just never feel compelled to get any actual toys, since they're so far removed from the rest of TFs now.

#12 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 1019 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

1: Monstructor, Turbomasters, Predators

2: Waspinator repainted as Buzzsaw in Selects

3: Studio Series is technically Generations, right? I will repeat myself.

Armada Tidal Wave or Scavenger would also be nice

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#13 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17881 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:16 PM

G1

I mean, deluxe sized Micromasters would be pretty
cool and most of their vehicle modes could double as the 1984 G1 cast, keeping the same kind of vibe on the shelves. That's what I did as a kid. lots of 84 micromasters filled in for guys I didn't have, but at the end of the day the dudes were still new dudes which is great. I just miss when the majority of transformers figures were brand new characters.

AND if existing characters have to get upgrades, they should be as dramatic as the differences between season 1 beast wars and season 2 and season 3 modes. Seige Ironhide and Earthrise Ironhide both look great (to me) but they also look relatively the same. I know that's an obvious critique that's been beaten in to the ground, but it'd be nice to get away from that.

Kingdom

Just assault me with as many different characters as the actual beast wars lines had. I am excited to see what they'll be bringing to the table with the new molds for the show cast. If they mirror the designs too close it might be tough, because I still think most of the beast wars figures continue to hold up.

Anything else

I also wouldn't mind generation styled versions of "newer"/not G1 characters, like from Animated, RID, the bad guys from aligned RID, the Rescue Bots cast, Prime characters and even Vehicons.

Above all else, it would be really cool to augment the Autobot and Decepticons (Maximal and Predacon) ranks i already own with legitimate new characters.

Edited by NICK NEMESIS, 18 July 2020 - 12:17 PM.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#14 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18538 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

The sweet release of death.

#15 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8743 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:34 PM

Aside from that, Devcon,

i love you

apart from him, maybe the last 2 autobot targetmasters, and thats it. i dont look to be collecting anymore sometime next year

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#16 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23057 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

I would also take Deluxe class Minicons with 6" scale Human partners from Armada, and then expand that out to other Human cast members in the franchise.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#17 ssg4life

ssg4life
  • Supporter
  • 2387 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:58 PM

most of the stuff i still wanna see usually gets mentioned. so, moving forward, i wouldn't mind a few more gender bending characters, like animated red alert. take some of the lesser knowns and change them up with a new look as a fembot

and a g1 movie scalpel would be neat. i remember a digibash of him using the most recent perceptor mold

#18 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10640 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

G1

More ladies - Strika/Alphastrike, Nautica and Road Rage are my top three picks.  A G1 Shadow Striker and Slipstream wouldn't be amiss either. (More lady cons in general.  And PLEASE don't make them all the same damn mold)  Minerva would be good as well (especially if it gives us a Nightbeat)

Chunky Style Cosmos - I have the Legends version that was re-released in TR, but I'd like a less svelt one.  Cosmos is supposed to be delightfully roly-poly.

Devcon would be nice.

Leader Class Grimlock, but it sounds like the Studio Series is where that's going to happen.

More Micromasters.  Just..  all the Micromasters.

BW

Honestly if they just hit all of the S1 characters, and any unique S2/3 characters (I don't need three versions of Primal, Megatron and Cheetor)

Beyond

Titan.  Class.  Tidal.  Wave.  I just want a bigass aircraft carrier titan.

MSzBav1.jpg

#19 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 661 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

imma do something from each size class. to challenge myself

CAT1: G1

Titan class- Raiden

Commander- Violin Jiger

Leader- Galaxy Shuttle

Voyager- Gilthor

Deluxe- Weaponiser Lockdown

Micromaster 2 pack- Vanquish and Fireshot

Battlemaster- Bob the Insecticon

CAT 2-KINGDOM

Titan- Grand Mal Megatron

Commander- g1 Optimus, to re-enact The Agenda part 3

Leader- bw Rampage

Voyager- Big Convoy (we've gotten a bunch of new Primal and Lioconvoy toys, but Big keeps getting left out)

Deluxe- Ravage

Micromaster 2 pack-ummmmmmm Arachnoid Drones

Battlemaster- Diagnostic Drone

CAT 3-NO MORE GEEWUN

Titan- Chela (bird fort please hasbro)

Commander- 3 pack of Animated Constructicons, symmetrical docking+headmaster Devastator mode)

Leader- Hearts of Steel Insecticon 3-pack

Voyager- new character with a H.I.S.S. Tank alt mode

Deluxe-Stardrive

Micromaster 2 pack- Bayformers Wheelie and Brains 

Battlemaster- Armada Laserbeak

#20 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:53 PM

Weaponiser Lockdown would be awesome. Though I'd be down for pretty much all of the above ^

Edited by CheeseSomersault, 18 July 2020 - 02:54 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users