Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WFC 3: Kingdomsss - Lets make a guess while we wait...

180 replies to this topic

#21 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1376 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

What I wonder is what the Weaponizers/Modulator equivalent would be in a Beast Themed toyline? Swarmizers, maybe? Mini combiners like RiD Chop Shop? Are there a set of characters or toys that match this play pattern and don't have toys yet???

Also I want a whole slew of Novel Mechanimal characters but I'll take a bunch of G1 noncharacters from the 80s I guess. And Legends Class. I'd like Legends Class back.

Waspinator and Transmutate would definitely make sense to have a 'take-a-part' feature... as well as BW Megatron being a basic core robot with add-on parts that turn him into a "t-rex-former" or a "pre-beast-form-former"

#22 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:16 AM

My dream world: Beast Wars: Uprising receives a mainstream toyline as part of Hasbro's plans to complete the 1980s and 1990s.

x4Ouv3N.png

#23 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 661 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

What I wonder is what the Weaponizers/Modulator equivalent would be in a Beast Themed toyline? Swarmizers, maybe? Mini combiners like RiD Chop Shop? Are there a set of characters or toys that match this play pattern and don't have toys yet???

Also I want a whole slew of Novel Mechanimal characters but I'll take a bunch of G1 noncharacters from the 80s I guess. And Legends Class. I'd like Legends Class back.

Proposal: Insect Armorisers. take the four "Deluxe Insecticons" Barrage, Chopshop, Venom, and Ransack. work the Weaponiser/Modulator gimmick into them. so now you can cover any WFC figure in bug armour that makes them look like the unholy love child of Guyver and a Sectaur

Waspinator also works for this gimmick, for obvious reasons.

Waruder redecos to go with the Diaclone themed repaints we've been getting in Selects.

redeco Barrage, Chopshop, and Ransack into Bombshell, Shrapnel, and Kickback for requisite 1984 content.

maybe use this as an excuse to make a Good Airachnid toy? a Voyager perhaps?

Amazon/Pulse exclusive Boxset of  Chopshop/Ransack/Waspinator intended to be combined into Violen Jiger

#24 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2370 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

The Insect Armorizers battle cry will be "ACK!  BITING!  BITING!  GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF!!!!!"

The opening theme for the series will consist of a bunch of slapping sounds and screaming.  Yoko Ono will compose it.

#25 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4964 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

The big twist will be that all the Beast Wars characters are made to scale, so they're all Micromasters or Battlemasters with the Titan for the year being an Axalon for them.

#26 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4007 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:08 PM

The big twist will be that all the Beast Wars characters are made to scale, so they're all Micromasters or Battlemasters with the Titan for the year being an Axalon for them.

Depending on what Optimus Primal takes as his body form, one could recreate that scene from BW season 3 where Primal comes face to face with Prime

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#27 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7706 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:11 PM

Good lord, that would be brilliant. The absence of a good RID Chop Shop is one of the universe's most dreadful failures. And indeed it seems like a great time to give that a crack. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#28 orangeitis

orangeitis
  • Citizen
  • 50 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:13 PM

Copy/paste from the other thread: I'm gonna go ahead and predict that WFC3 is not in fact anything Beast Wars-related(aside from maybe 1-2 characters), and will actually continue the retelling of G1 that Siege started, continuing where Earthrise left off, with the Ark & Nemesis landing on Earth.

#29 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3146 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:56 PM

Despite all the rumors and everything, I still expect it to just be TFTM plus whoever else from G1 they still need to do, with a couple of Beast-Wars-if-they-were-cars-and-stuff repaints being relegated to Selects.

#30 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6657 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:12 PM

Every ounce of my being hopes you two guys are wrong. Was planning of bowing out of collecting after WFC ended. So a Beast Wars celebration would be the ultimate high note to exit on for me.

#31 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4964 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

So, the other thread had some rumors which might poke some serious holes in this idea I've had percolating in my brain the last couple days:

Kingdom- As the War for Cybertron winds down, a new generation of Transformers appear!  A Fusion of machine and beast, the Maximals and Predacons join the fight as the final Titan is discovered.  With the power to create a new Cybertron, or burn it to ash, factions race to harness its power.  Meanwhile, Starscream has employed Mercenaries to capture the Titan for his malevolent benefactor....

The core play pattern would have been "Titan Armor", translucent armor/weapons faction colored so that you can customize the Titan figure to represent a particular faction (Red-Autobots; Purple-Decepticons; Green-Maximal; Blue-Predacon; Orange-Mercenary/Unicron)

Rumor is that Micro/Battlemasters are getting axed in favor of a revised Legends type scale.  I'm going to assume something like a dozen releases, given prior lines.

So probably Rattrap, Airrazor, Terrorsaur, some minibots (Huffer is due for a proper redo, and Warpath), and Fossilizers.

Deluxe:

Cheetor

Windblade

Drift (Autobot Mercenary)

Predacon Tarantulas

Maximal Dinobot 

Overdrive 

Waspinator

Rhinox 

Blackarachnia

Cannonball (Decepticon Mercenary)

Silverbolt

BW Scorponok

Tigertron

Bludgeon

Unicron

Voyager- Incorporate the Weapon system into this assortment as "Titan Armorizor".  Basically, same as the weaponizes from Siege, but more elaborate with specific combinations with leader figures:

Starscream (Machine Wars/Transtech hybrid) Decepticon Mercenary

Optimus Primal

Leobreaker- (Titan Armorizor, Victory Leo homage)

Beast Megatron

Decepticon Tarn- Siege Megatron retool Part of Megatron's elite Decepticon Justice Division, Tarn seeks to punish Decepticons that have deserted in the wake of Megatron's disappearance.

Overload- God Bomber Titan Armorizor.

Leader:

Victory Saber- Wing Saber combines with his Victory Titan Armor to become Victory Saber, hero of the galaxy!

Thunderwing

Megabolt Decepticon- The mysterious Megabolt has joined the battle with his own Titan Armor!  Little do they know, this Decepticon is Megatron in disguise!

Powermaster Optimus Prime- Using the legendary Apex Titan Armor, Optims Prime rejoins the battle as Unicron returns to lay claim to the last Titan!

Commander:

Tidal Wave Decepticon Mercenary- Cannonballs staunch ally and warship, Tidal Wave has been augmented by their many victories with power to rival even a mighty Titan!

Obviously, the Titan class would be something like Metrotitan or Iaconus or some other Titan name.

I'm pretty sure what we'll get won't be quite like that, but I like to think I hit a LOT of solid areas.

#32 orangeitis

orangeitis
  • Citizen
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:42 PM

Every ounce of my being hopes you two guys are wrong. Was planning of bowing out of collecting after WFC ended. So a Beast Wars celebration would be the ultimate high note to exit on for me.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think we're getting something big for the Beast Wars 25th. But I'm trying to look at it from an unbiased point of view here. If I had my way, we'd continue late G1 with full sized Pretenders and huge Micromaster bases.

I think you'll get what you want, just not from WFC3, for what it's worth.

#33 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40313 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

Here is my little list:

Keep in mind, I am thinking that it will be a mix between Vehicle and animal modes, as I imagine that our crew will somehow find themselves stranded in a jungle or brush like environment. So with that in mind, here we go with some TFs. Also, we have to have the constraint that we will have an Optimus and a Megatron, as they show up in every line.

Keep in mind, this is just my idea, and has 0.000002% chance of happening.

Battle Masters
1) Barrage (Insect like robot that turns into a multibarrel cannon)
2) Chop shop (Insect like robot that turns into a buzzsaw like weapon)

3) Backstop (Rhino or Triceratops like robot that turns into a Shield)

4) Venom strike (Insect like robot that comes apart and turns into two swords)

5) Razorbeast (Boar like robot that turns into spiked gloves)

Micromasters

1) Hydraulic
2) Slow poke

3) Mudslinger
4) Blaze master

5) Treadbolt

Deluxes
1) Gnaw

2)  Rollbar

3) Dinobot

4) Cheetor

5) Rhinox

6) Blackarachnia

7) Fangry
8) Horri-bull
9) Sparkstalker
10) Runabout
11) Outback

12) Goldbug

Voyager
1) Ironfist
2) Megatron
3) Optimus Prime
4) Lio Convoy
5) Scourge (Cybertron Dragon)

Leader
1) Magnaboss set
2) Tripedicus set
3) TM2 Megatron (Dragon)

Commander
1) Deathsaurus

Titan

1) Monstructor or Dinoking

2) Victory Leo

I mainly stuck with things that we haven't got an update to for a while.

Edited by The Predaking, 10 July 2020 - 02:16 PM.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#34 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

We just got a Crosshairs in Siege.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#35 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40313 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

I had forgotten about that.

So I swapped him out with Dinobot.

Edited by The Predaking, 10 July 2020 - 02:16 PM.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#36 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4688 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:38 PM

I read the topic title as "WFC: 3 Kingdoms" and wondered why we haven't had something like that yet.

#37 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27365 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

I read the topic title as "WFC: 3 Kingdoms" and wondered why we haven't had something like that yet.

Ah, for those who think Transformers needs more romance.

#38 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6210 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

Maybe its Kingdom as in United Kingdom. Itll be all characters featured in the Marvel UK stories

#39 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3146 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:48 PM

Every ounce of my being hopes you two guys are wrong.

Well, I was way off in thinking that initial PotP/Studio Series leak was "too good to be true" :D 

#40 orangeitis

orangeitis
  • Citizen
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:23 PM

We just got a Crosshairs in Siege.

We got a lot of characters in Siege that's getting new figures in Earthrise though. :<

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users