Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 09:50 PM)

At this point, if I'm going to die then it won't be the wait what killed me. It didn't help any, mind you, but it's not what got me.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 January 2021 - 09:37 PM)

Technically we are all literally dying to play with our next figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 05:36 PM)

I am figuratively dying to play with that cheetor.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Still waiting for my box from BBTS to arrive.

@  tigerhawk : (16 January 2021 - 04:29 PM)

Kingdoms is fantabulous and it's only the first wave.

@  tigerhawk : (12 January 2021 - 12:10 PM)

My Super Collection Megatron always had two left legs and I just discovered my Thrilling 30 Crosscut has two right hips.

@  Nevermore : (11 January 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Fortunately, it's only Netflix Hound, so not really much of a loss here.

@  Nevermore : (11 January 2021 - 07:55 PM)

So it's been a while since I've had a misassembled Transformers toy.

@  Echowarrior : (11 January 2021 - 10:02 AM)

More Micromasters would be welcome.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 January 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Instructions unclear, have more sports cars.

@  tigerhawk : (11 January 2021 - 01:57 AM)

Or they could make the other Micromasters of the teams they half assed.

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 January 2021 - 11:20 PM)

There should be a box set of eight Stakeouts.

@  Bass X0 : (10 January 2021 - 08:27 PM)

There should be a box-set of Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. But I'm not expecting it.

@  Nevermore : (10 January 2021 - 07:51 PM)

I hope there are re-releases this year!

@  tigerhawk : (10 January 2021 - 03:59 PM)

I hope there's rereleases of Earthrise Ramjet, Dirge and Ratchet next year.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 January 2021 - 07:51 AM)

Oh no, he was loved. I'd argue he could have had a better life physically, but he was loved. Deeply.

@  Telly : (08 January 2021 - 01:42 AM)

as long s/he gave love and was loved, it was a good life

@  Echowarrior : (07 January 2021 - 11:10 PM)

Poor puppy. Poor kid.

@  CORVUS : (07 January 2021 - 03:04 PM)

My condolences :(

@  wonko the sane? : (07 January 2021 - 10:45 AM)

So: My sisters dog just had a heart attack and died... while her 12 year old son was walking him. Welcome to 2021 everybody!

@  Dekafox : (04 January 2021 - 07:24 PM)

Except they're Deceptican'ts usually.

@  Devcon : (04 January 2021 - 05:17 PM)

Depending on which dub: Either Decepticons or Decepticans.

@  Bass X0 : (04 January 2021 - 05:03 PM)

Deception is the French word for disappointment. What does that make the Decepticons in France?

@  Echowarrior : (03 January 2021 - 11:29 PM)

We're just tiny little specks, about the size of Mickey Rooney.

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 January 2021 - 04:33 PM)

It's a great big universe, and we're all really puny.

@  Rycochet : (03 January 2021 - 01:30 PM)

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned, a sun that is the source of all our power

@  Rycochet : (03 January 2021 - 01:30 PM)

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (02 January 2021 - 11:57 PM)

relative to the speed that it's swirling around the centre of the galaxy, its rotation is fairly slow

@  PlutoniumBoss : (02 January 2021 - 09:31 PM)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 January 2021 - 07:21 PM)

The Earth moving gave us 2021.

@  ▲ndrusi : (02 January 2021 - 10:50 AM)

It does that.

@  tigerhawk : (02 January 2021 - 10:11 AM)

I think the Earth is moving.

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:35 AM)

Sunday evenings are awesome. Looking at the clock at 8 PM and thinking "I still have plenty of time before going to bed..."

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:33 AM)

Now I've been working permanent late shift for almost three years. Don't regret it one bit. One of the rare cases where the needs of the company overlap with my own preferences.

@  Nevermore : (02 January 2021 - 06:32 AM)

Before the permanent late shift was introduced three years ago (which I volunteered for as soon as the form became available), I always tended to plan my vacation for early shift weeks. Since the majority of the people in most departments prefer to work early shift and thus tended to plan their vacation for late shift weeks, there were usually enough slots available for me to get my request fulfilled.

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:26 PM)

I was promoted last December, so this past year is my first with the company where I've been able to get whatever vacation I wanted. Instead of competing with 100 other people, there's now only 1 (out of 3 others who share my job) that's been in the building longer than me, and so has first dibs at weeks. It's pretty easy to work it out between ourselves before we give in our requests, though

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:24 PM)

But there's also departments to consider, since we have a varieity of types of machines and not everyone is qualified to run everything. Altogether, there are a lot of ways you can get screwed

@  TM2-Megatron : (01 January 2021 - 05:21 PM)

So a few of the same rules, a few different ones. For regular employees, requests need to be in by January 15th. If they are, those are doled out based on seniority. You're only guaranteed 2 weeks in "prime time" (basically June, July, August). Anything submitted after January 15th is given out first come, first served based on availability

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 January 2021 - 02:39 PM)

So who said "Jumanji!"?

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 January 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I knew a woman at Target who was forced to use up her vacation time before she could qualify for maternity leave. Then they denied the leave because she technically hadn't been at work for two weeks beforehand.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Also, if you become sick during your vacation and you turn in a doctor's sick note, it means that you don't lose your vacation days, because according to the law, vacation is intended for recreation, not for recovery from sickness or injury.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 04:00 AM)

Another priority is "vacation request for the next year turned in before the deadline". Like, you missed the deadline, you have to make do with what's left.

@  Nevermore : (01 January 2021 - 03:59 AM)

No, they prioritize vacation during school holidays for employees with school-age children. Also, only three of the six weeks during the summer holidays per employee so a larger number of employees can get their requests fulfilled.

@  TM2-Megatron : (31 December 2020 - 08:14 PM)

like, not company-wide, obviously, but by facility

@  TM2-Megatron : (31 December 2020 - 08:14 PM)

That's actually not bad at all for such a large company. Do they prioritize vacation by seniority?

@  Nevermore : (31 December 2020 - 08:11 PM)

In my nine years with Amazon, only one of my vacation requests (not counting requests for single days) has ever been denied (with an alternate option offered for a mere week later). It might have helped that I have always tended to plan my vacation against the grain.

@  Nevermore : (31 December 2020 - 08:06 PM)

We also have a legally guaranteed minimum of at least 24 vacation days per year, and the law mandates that the vacation should be granted in one stretch "unless urgent reasons on behalf of the company or the individual employee make it necessary to split up the vacation". The most common valid "urgent reason on behalf of the company" would be "multiple employees have requested their vacation days for the same period, so the employer has to organize everyone's vacation grants equally".

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 December 2020 - 02:50 PM)

Most places run with the bare minimum amount of staff they think they can get away with. So if one key person is out, they're in trouble. Hence, they don't like letting people take vacations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (31 December 2020 - 10:35 AM)

Here in the US... you're honestly likely to get fired for taking vacation.

@  Nevermore : (31 December 2020 - 05:31 AM)

Here in Germany, employers are usually very eager to remind you to take all your vacation days.

Photo
- - - - -

War For Cybertron: Kingdom Discussion! Beast Wars in WfC! Megatron and Cyclonus Reveal Page 49

1966 replies to this topic

#41 Enbee

Enbee
  • Supporter
  • 2446 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:43 PM

This is all sounds real promising if there's anything to it, but, man. Anybody else still real disoriented by these year-only lines?

Wave TWO of Earthrise still feels like some nebulous, far-off uncertainty, and here's the next whole line possibly getting dissected already.

#42 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:56 PM

Jeeze these Bone Age toys even have Beast wars style names.

Tritops
Deitron
Anklor

Is it bad I want this to be a thing with the Fossilizers now? Weird ass Bone Age homages? lol

#43 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

The 8th Prime, clearly

• Citizen
  • 11049 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:20 PM

Fossilizer thing sounds cool, remind me of exoskeleton Spawn.

This also wouldn't be the first time G1 molds were shifted into a previously live action-focused line while also being released in a G1-only line simultaneously.

Edited by Octavius Prime, 09 July 2020 - 02:22 PM.

#44 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5251 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:35 PM

See, I'm not sure it is as cool as the idea I cooked up the last couple days about WFC3.  Depends on the G1 cast, I guess.  The fossilizer thing is awesome, but I'm not terribly down with Beast Wars, again, being tied to time travel rather than simply being a concurrent offshoot. 

#45 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:53 PM

Id guess so the third part of the storyline doesn't shift to a completely new cast.

They wanna celebrate the BW anniversary without disrupting the story they got going too much. So this is probably the compromise.

#46 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6351 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:48 PM

I don't know if I beleive this. Would the "Fossilizers" be totally re-imagined Dinobots or new characters? Neither of those things are very in with this teams wheelhouse.

-ZacWilliam, would they go BWNeo? Doesn't feel like "Fossilizers" would have the built in re-use that both Weaponizers and Modulators have had planed in.

I'd say "new characters in the category defined by a specific type of interaction with other figures" actually is how this trilogy does things; notably, all the road/ramp ones are new.

#47 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31664 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

Now, here's a question.

It is well known that most let out a collective groan whenever more G1 stuff is put into Beast Wars fiction, but what about in cases of the opposite? When Beast Wars stuff is put into G1 or G1-esque fiction?

Like, we got Cheetor in Cyberverse, which is dominated by G1-based characters. Or, there was that retcon that Sakamoto did when he declared Dark Nova to have been a Vok. Or, there was Optimus Primal's fan-voted inclusion in the G1-based Power of the Primes (both the toyline and the web cartoon). And, of course, there was the RobotMasters line that saw Primal, Megatron, Psycho-Orb, and Lio Convoy all time-jump into the year 2004 to briefly team up with their Autobot and Decepticon ancestors.

Do these kinds of things get any general kind of reaction from folks like the "more G1 into Beast Wars" cases? Or is it a case-by-case situation that solely depends on how each is done?

Edited by Sabrblade, 09 July 2020 - 10:05 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#48 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27894 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

I don't know if I beleive this. Would the "Fossilizers" be totally re-imagined Dinobots or new characters? Neither of those things are very in with this teams wheelhouse.

-ZacWilliam, would they go BWNeo? Doesn't feel like "Fossilizers" would have the built in re-use that both Weaponizers and Modulators have had planed in.

I'd say "new characters in the category defined by a specific type of interaction with other figures" actually is how this trilogy does things; notably, all the road/ramp ones are new.

The road/ramp ones are also the smallest pricepoint. The only new characters* we've gotten in the trilogy so far have been Micromasters and Battle Masters.

*Anyone interested in arguing about whether Ironworks and company are new characters is invited to go outside.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#49 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18267 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Honestly, using time travel with beast wars still implies some future where Maximals and Predacons exist. Or at least the slim chance they may exist. I'm okay with that.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#50 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1401 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

If the Fossilizer rumor proves true, I would be excited to see how those turn out.

As far as adding Beast Wars into G1, isn't that kind of what Beast Wars did? It expanded the G1 universe by jumping ahead into the future of Cybertron and how life there had evolved. Sure, the contemporary use of Maximals and Predacons alongside Autobots and Decepticons is a bit out of synch with the original timeline, but it expands the universe, and that is usually a good thing.

#51 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8400 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

Now I wonder of we'll get biological looking animal modes again or more mechanical beasts like Cyberverse Cheetor.

The potential flocking suggests biological.

#52 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18378 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:37 PM

"The potential flocking suggests..."

ZacWilliam, is a way very few sentences have begun in the history of humanity...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#53 Verno

Verno
  • Citizen
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

More listings of TF:TM characters in SS.

More room for Beast Wars characters in WFC3.

dczykni-7f139eff-fa54-47da-be2f-d3381ac5

Transformers: Deicide - Beast Wars 25th Anniversary Story

#54 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

The 8th Prime, clearly

• Citizen
  • 11049 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I never bit on TR Kup so I am looking forward to how this new one turns out.

#55 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3447 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:04 PM

Now I'm starting to wonder if that "Dino" is actually a Dinobot.

#56 orangeitis

orangeitis
  • Citizen
  • 55 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

I mean, Dinobot was never in a Transformers movie. Unless I'm missing one.

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31664 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:15 AM

I mean, Dinobot was never in a Transformers movie. Unless I'm missing one.

This movie-featured character kinda looked like Dinobot:

Spoiler

Edited by Sabrblade, 11 July 2020 - 06:15 AM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#58 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6802 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

Well more info from rumors guy.

Deluxe Airrazor
Voyager Primal
Leader class Megatron.

Commander class and Titan class are G1 guys not Beast Wars

Beast Wars guys are all season 1 designs.

Has seen some of the studio series 86 stuff as well.

Voyager Cyclonus
Voyager Hot Rod with movie accessories.
Deluxe Kup has energon goodie accessory.
Leader class Slag/Slug with Daniel.

Leader class Rodimus with trailer in Kingdom.

Taking my daily dosage of salt. Sucks we probably won't know if any of this is true until the fall. Oh well. Speculation is fun at least.

#59 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31664 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Beast Wars guys are all season 1 designs.

Makes sense. With the brand unification in effect, it would be fitting for them to only do designs that are liked in both the West and in Japan (as in, Japan sadly gives no beans about Transmetals).

#60 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:00 AM

This same source was talking about having the '86 Movie characters in Studio Series back in December (though at the time that read a bit more like speculation), way before the listing for 86 Grimlock first showed up. Again, maybe a very lucky guess, but does seem to add to their credibility. 

Edited by WLG3, 11 July 2020 - 04:29 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users