Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

Photo

Steam summer sale 2020: The "Oh god! What have I done!" edition.

13 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:19 PM

Welp, appearing right on time, its the steam summer sale.

I managed to buy two things off my wishlist (and simply remove two others. I don't even know what I was thinking.), before the store became the usual molasses uphill in december mess. If you believe the propaganda: it runs till july 5th, so there's no real hurry for anything.

Edit: oh right. I purchased the mad max game, and Hardpsace: Shipbreaker. Shipbreaker is installing as I type, and there's one or two things on my list which I hope end up more deeply discounted, but I won't be disappointed if they don't be and I don't buy them.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 25 June 2020 - 12:21 PM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#2 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48322 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:18 PM

I find it ironic that nothing on my wishlist is on sale this time around.

Had a bit of scratch in my pocket, decided to shell out for Mordheim: City of the Damned and Viscera Cleanup Detail and all DLC there-in for $30, after $5 discount. Probably not going to jump on anything else, being honest. I gotta admire/hate Paradox for the bullcrap they pull by deep discounting core games but barely touching the mountains of DLC.

Battletech for $10 almost made me pull the trigger. Then I see all the DLC for it and all of it is also $10. Same with Hearts of Iron 4. $10 is a steal...and then you see the $80 of DLC.

Edited by Rust, 25 June 2020 - 05:18 PM.

#3 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:18 AM

There's so many. Well 154 pages of Story Rich games to crawl through.

That'll go great with my backlog of 50 or so games I want to play...

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#4 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

Welp. I finally sprung for space engineers. I knew some of my friends had it, and with one of the not currently on sale DLC packs, I still managed to pay less than the asking price thanks to the 6 dollars off (orders of 35 or more.) coupon from steam.

#5 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:07 AM

After much deliberation, I think I've finally settled on my final purchase.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#6 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4554 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

I picked up Bulletstorm cause sometimes you just gotta throw the brain out the window and have fun. I also got Jedi: Fallen Order and I am liking it so far. 

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

I gotta admit: I have gotten my five dollars worth out of mad max. I have played nothing but this for the last three days.

#8 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5541 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:56 AM

Let's see... there are only six games in my wishlist. If I purchased all of them it'd cost me... *goes to do some calculating*

Around 40 bucks. More likely 37 or 38 and not sure about after tax, so around 40.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger.

Ironically enough I kinda feel left out when everyone goes crazy for the steam sales, but 90% of the time, I can't get excited because most of these games I'd rather have on a console, and I'd rather do a physical copy.

So like... Mad Max? I'd pay five bucks for that, but I think I can get an xboxone disc for the same price, so why do steam?

So yeah anything that I can buy on a console instead, especially if I can get it on disc is automatically not applicable for me getting it on steam. The game has to basically be in a state where digitally is the only way I CAN get it, and it basically has to be exclusive to steam, or just that darn cheap.

And even then I have to be that one guy who can't get into many of the games so many others do.

Like so many people have so much fun with games like Goat Simulator, and Untitled Goose game, and I'll never buy those, because I see no reason to play them. If I understand correctly, they are games purely meant for you to dick around for an hour or two doing basically nothing.

I'm the person that'd rather play through Resident Evil 2 Remake again, trying to complete one of the challenges, or do some Destiny 2 and get some bounties done, and maybe score a rare gun.

Couple that with the many genres of games I just don't see any appeal in. (Racing, anything strategy related, most puzzle games... pretty any rouge like game I've ever seen.)

Yeah I'm sure there are some steam games hidden in there that I'd probably love, but I wouldn't begin to know how to try and find any.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#9 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:19 AM

Hey man, you do you. The great thing about gaming right now is: you've got this enormous variety of options available to you. Three different consoles all with different underlying design strategies, and PC which can do just about all of it. You can pick and choose what you want to play and what to play on.

Me personally, I think you should spend a couple of bucks on some games you WOULDN'T normally play, because you might just find something worth while to change your mind about genres. Or indulge in the free to play scene. Nothing wrong with stepping outside your normal scene for a while.

#10 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5541 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:39 PM

Well unless the sales last till the 17th, it's a moot point anyway. I have like maybe 30 bucks to last me till next pay day. Which is the 17th... Gotta love trying to claw your way back up after losing hours due to "You know what"

Spoiler

#11 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:33 PM

Nope, if the dates I got off the internets are right, it ends tomorrow at like 3 pm or something.

#12 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5541 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

I've heard till the ninth, but yeah. I'm not partaking in the sales this year. Not unless I find 100 bucks on the ground or something.

Spoiler

#13 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 4934 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:28 AM

It says right on the homepage "July 9".

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#14 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43768 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

I didn't see the homepage. I got my dates before the sale from some website.

Frankly, I usually get what was on my list within a few hours of it starting and don't care when it ends. Though I am usually sad to see it go.

Edit: as case in point, I just opened up the actual steam launcher for the first time in like three days. I usually have shortcuts for the stuff I routinely play so I don't need to hit the launcher unless I want to visit the store or install something. I had ONE HUNDRED new items in my inventory. All space engineers stuff.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 July 2020 - 08:57 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users