Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 08:41 AM)

Also, how would copyright law standardization be enforced? I doubt any country's governments would be eager to start trade sanctions over it.

Photo
- - - - -

Why No Beast Wars Re-Issues?

70 replies to this topic

#21 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

With Hasbro regularly re-issuing various G1 stuff, I have to ask; why not Beast Wars?

Because they tried that once and they didn't exactly fly off the shelves?

That might not be super relevant since that was 15 years ago. Now the kids that grew up on BW are adults with hopefully a little disposable income instead of teenagers like they were during the last reissue line. 

#22 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4213 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

Didn't the T30 Beastwars molds shelfwarm something rotten too? Rhinox and Whirl were clearance store fodder here. Can't blame them for being gunshy

#23 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 762 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:56 PM

Didn't the T30 Beastwars molds shelfwarm something rotten too? Rhinox and Whirl were clearance store fodder here. Can't blame them for being gunshy

i hear this argument alot. and i find it disingenuous.

sure T30 Rattrap and Rhinox pegwarmed. but Waspinator flew off the shelves.

Siege Sideswipe, Megatron and Starscream pegwarm like mofos, does that mean we'll never see Starscream, Sideswipe, and Megatron toys ever again?

#24 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Siege Thundercracker is shelfwarming like crazy, guess we don't need any more seekers!

#25 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32402 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:01 PM

Rhinox did, yes, but IIRC the 2014 Deluxe waves of Thrilling 30 (Waves 7-11, going by TFWiki) all had some major distribution issues that made many of those figures (including Waspinator and Rattrap) very hard to find at retail for the longest time.

I remember having to get most of the new Deluxes at that year's BotCon since I couldn't find them anywhere else at the time.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#26 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9293 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

Proof people have no taste in characters.

#27 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4213 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

Siege Sideswipe, Megatron and Starscream pegwarm like mofos, does that mean we'll never see Starscream, Sideswipe, and Megatron toys ever again?

Waspinator is the only one with wings, so no wonder. :p Seriously though, g1 for all it's issues is a proven seller while Beast Wars struggles. I hope it's given another chance, I just don't see furry beasts or a line of reissues particularly likely.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if we didn't get another seeker, lambo or silver g1 tank Megatron for a decade, that's for sure. I am beyond tired of all three.

#28 Adam16bit

Adam16bit

I Like Toys

• Citizen
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

the attempted Animated restart line

The what, now? :???

There was talk here a while ago that when Animated started being repeated, Hasbro went to retailers trying to find anyone interested in rereleases of some of the toys, but nobody bit and that was as far as it went.

That's news to me.

#29 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:40 AM

With Hasbro regularly re-issuing various G1 stuff, I have to ask; why not Beast Wars?

Because they tried that once and they didn't exactly fly off the shelves?

That might not be super relevant since that was 15 years ago. Now the kids that grew up on BW are adults with hopefully a little disposable income instead of teenagers like they were during the last reissue line. 

Correct. And even when they WERE released.....it seemed to me they got bought up pretty well. 

Given current costs, how much would BW reissues cost? A BW Ultra mass & parts count might be as much as or even more than a current leader class. Want to pay $50-$60 for a retail BW Ultra? How many BW Ultras go for more than that on the secondary market?

I'm seeing TM Megatron (BOTH of them) going for $100+. As far as paying $60 for an Ultra......we saw G1 fans pay close to that for just the CAB of G1 Prime. That's an awfully strange argument to try and make. 

Edited by LioConvoy, 17 June 2020 - 12:40 AM.

#30 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:49 AM

Just double checked; people are willing to pay $50 retail for the figure on the left, but you think itd be strange for them to do so for the figure on the right?

We must come to one of two conclusions then:

1. G1 fans are getting fleeced, and theyre suckers for doing so.
2. The argument doesnt really hold much water.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1FCB8755-7ADB-4D1B-B1AF-8FFC7F8940B1.jpeg

#31 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32402 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

From my experience, people were not willing to pay full price for the trailer-less Optimus reissue, deliberately boycotting it out of protest. It wasn't until after the figure was clearanced by Walmart that more people started to pick it up.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#32 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9293 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

I paid $50, but mine came with a Studio Series Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime for another $50.

#33 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24890 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

I'm seeing TM Megatron (BOTH of them) going for $100+.

Do you mean "going for" as in that's the listed price, or what people actually paid for it?

#34 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15564 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:33 AM

So I'm assuming people are only giving a crap about show characters, and Polar Claw and Transquito can suck it, right?
Woooo!

#35 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Take your life and live it your way

• Supporter
  • 50470 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:43 AM

Nobody cared about Transquito when he was still on shelves.

So, y'know, last year or so.

#36 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15564 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:06 AM

Ok let's ask the real question.

Why no Beast Machines re-issues?
Woooo!

#37 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68896 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:02 AM

I remember getting a Metals Megatron for $10 off of eBay. Granted this was in 2001, so the point is moot.

MISB. Used his head for an Optimal Megatron custom.

ACItEK8.png

#38 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:45 AM

I'm seeing TM Megatron (BOTH of them) going for $100+.

Do you mean "going for" as in that's the listed price, or what people actually paid for it?

Fair point; A TM Megatron that's NOT broken loose tends to go for around $70 average, and $100+ inbox. Seems to be generally the same for TM2. That's sold. You may see it go for less occasionally, but that's not the average. 

Nobody cared about Transquito when he was still on shelves.

So, y'know, last year or so.

I still have nightmares about that. How dare you.

Edited by LioConvoy, 17 June 2020 - 07:46 AM.

#39 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32402 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

Ok let's ask the real question.

Why no Beast Machines re-issues?

Takara recently did Returns Convoy (Air Attack Optimus Primal) in Encore, while Hasbro reissued the same mold in the Year of the Monkey. ;)

#40 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 3103 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

My favorite Beast Wars non-show molds (the frogs of any vintage) probably have no chance of being reissued.  Though I am surprised at how well they've held up considering that Spittor came in 'clear plastic', 'flaky chrome' and 'different color of flaky chrome' flavors, and they're all fine as far as I can tell.  My solid red one seems fine, too.

All versions of Springload I have, though not really "Beast Wars" are doing great, despite being either small and thin or filled with springs.  Those things are awesome.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users