Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Would It Be Terrible If Disney Owns Transformers

57 replies to this topic

#21 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3999 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

If Disney took control of Transformers couldn't that potentially open an opportunity for Death's Head to participate in the comics again?

Even if, still wouldn't be on board with it. Disney owns too much as it is.

If comics are still produced but given the current sitution, its extremely unlikely but then there is Circuit Breaker who could also reappear, the human with a serious beef against Shockwave.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#22 HarryCanyon82

HarryCanyon82
  • Protoform
  • 6 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

Bad idea, Disney owns too much! stop giving that mouse cheese, he's fat enough already.

#23 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:17 PM

I think Disney owning Star Wars makes sense, as it was basically ran by one guy, and he wanted to set it up to be ran long after he was gone. 

That really isn't the case with Transformers. So i would lean towards them not getting control of it. That being said, they have done well with the MCU, so if they ever do get it, I won't be that upset.  

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#24 Hardbot

Hardbot

I'm gettin' too old for this $#!%

• Citizen
  • 1201 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:19 PM

Actually, Disney owns the rights to the Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001) cartoon, since they bought out Saban.

#25 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

Actually, Disney owns the rights to the Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001) cartoon, since they bought out Saban.

And probably don't even know that they still own it.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#26 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8738 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

Its hard to keep track of every little thing when youre trying to buy the world
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#27 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18531 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

Apparently it would be terrible for IP pirates!

#28 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:55 AM

What could be better than getting every element of the Marvel book under one roof again? Furman can finally write the sequel we deserve, starring Spider-Man and Circuit Breaker.

And if Disney is less lazy than Hasbro and destroys all the third party companies who have been stealing their shit for years, well, all the better!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#29 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3999 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:40 AM

What could be better than getting every element of the Marvel book under one roof again? Furman can finally write the sequel we deserve, starring Spider-Man and Circuit Breaker.

And if Disney is less lazy than Hasbro and destroys all the third party companies who have been stealing their shit for years, well, all the better!

That's unlikely to happen, I can see them going after the companies that make Knockoffs of their figures but third party figures tend to exist in a grey area as they desgin and make the figures themselves based upon the characters but have their own takes on them and its not like they patent the looks of the characters down to every little detail, so I could see Disney more going after the people who pretty much get a hold of their desgins and make copies of them without paying them anything for the desgins.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#30 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 660 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:52 AM

on the one hand, it would increase the quality of the movies. which is good

on the other hand, it brings disney one step closer to monopolizing the very concept of Childhood. which is bad.

Why would the quality of the movies improve?

Marvel Movies before Disney: crap

Marvel Movies after Disney: Good

Star Wars before Disney: bad

Star Wars after Disney: good.

Transformers before Disney: MichaelBaysplosions, rampant racism and misogyny, Transformers treated like props in their own damn movies. Romeo and Juliet laws.

Transformers after Disney: ....?

#31 -LittleAutobot1218-

-LittleAutobot1218-

🌟 Able to relate anything to Transformers.

• Citizen
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:18 AM

If Disney took control of Transformers couldn't that potentially open an opportunity for Death's Head to participate in the comics again?

Even if, still wouldn't be on board with it. Disney owns too much as it is.

ITS NICE TO KNOW PEOPLE AGREE-

Bad idea, Disney owns too much! stop giving that mouse cheese, he's fat enough already.

YES.

tf__didn_t_go_as_planned____by_masqueadr

#32 -LittleAutobot1218-

-LittleAutobot1218-

🌟 Able to relate anything to Transformers.

• Citizen
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

on the other hand, it brings disney one step closer to monopolizing the very concept of Childhood. which is bad.

Transformers before Disney: MichaelBaysplosions, rampant racism and misogyny, Transformers treated like props in their own damn movies. Romeo and Juliet laws.

Disney would possibly make better live action movies, and more kid friendly with that matter and still make it kinda marvel...ish.

tf__didn_t_go_as_planned____by_masqueadr

#33 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

DisneyLabelMickeyMouseTrailerStandard.jp

:p

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 June 2020 - 09:38 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#34 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Ironman was years before Disney's buyout. Avengers was in the can by the time of the buyout. Not part of the MCU, but Blade was made decades before the buyout and it was awesome. 

And the sequel trilogy is the worst of the three. I don't see how anyone can compare them favorable to the Prequels, and the OT is a ton better than both. Rogue One has a sub par first two acts, only redeemed at the last third. Solo was generally hated, but I found it enjoyable for the most part. 

Transformers under Bay hasn't been that good, but Bumblebee was enjoyable. I do think that there is a very low bar for them in terms of TF films, but the MCU and Star Wars had high standards that they met with various levels of success. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#35 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15557 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, using Marvel and Star Wars in before/after is kinda bad reasoning. Marvel has had bad movies both before and after, same with Star Wars. Counting media outside of movies, you're in a similar boat. But also both brands are showing gradual overall improvement not because of Disney purchase but simply because of basics learning.

In the state of the world right now, a more likely purchase for Disney would be the acquisition of a theater chain.
Woooo!

#36 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

Also not everything would be carried over, if Disney took over. I doubt Disney will ever do anything with Secret of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion or other Lucasarts titles that arent Star Wars or Indiana Jones. And Disney had reservations about releasing Jojo Rabbit, so Im hesitant that theyll do anything with the Alien / Predator franchise, other than license it out for profit.

If Disney got Transformers wed likely loose characters & it might be handed back to Marvel comics.

And while I think Disney could get Transformers from Hasbro, I doubt Takara would immediately follow suit, so we might not get as well designed figures out of the merger.

Edited by Kevin S, 05 June 2020 - 03:06 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#37 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15557 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

I do not think IDW would lose the TF license because Marvel has IDW produce a number of solid All-Ages books for them. It's weird, but we're a long way from the time when Spidey was cut from TF reprints.
Woooo!

#38 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11754 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

I doubt Disney will ever do anything with Secret of Monkey Island

Even though Taika Waititi is right there. . .

#39 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27359 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

Also not everything would be carried over, if Disney took over. I doubt Disney will ever do anything with Secret of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion or other Lucasarts titles that arent Star Wars or Indiana Jones. And Disney had reservations about releasing Jojo Rabbit, so Im hesitant that theyll do anything with the Alien / Predator franchise, other than license it out for profit.

That's more of an argument that Disney wouldn't give us a ROM revival than an argument that they'd handle Transformers in any particular way.

#40 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

Disney dumped a lot of Star Wars fiction post merger. No reason to assume wed keep everyone or everything. And if Disney did make a deal with Takara, with could loose all the classic looks.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users