Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Would It Be Terrible If Disney Owns Transformers

57 replies to this topic

#1 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 229 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

It cant be all that bad.
You will never take me alive!

#2 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14440 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:08 AM

I'll pass.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3643 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

It worked so well for Power Rangers.

#4 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 660 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

on the one hand, it would increase the quality of the movies. which is good

on the other hand, it brings disney one step closer to monopolizing the very concept of Childhood. which is bad.

#5 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29904 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:29 AM

i'd rather disney NOT own anything else, thank you very much.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#6 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15557 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:59 AM

If Disney owned Transformers does that mean they own all of Hasbro? No way we would ever see Hasbro part with Transformers.

Realistically it wouldn't change much in the long run. G.I. Joe might be assimilated into Marvel since, as I understand, it borrows a lot from a rumored SHIELD vs Hydra pitch.

The idea that acquiring Hasbro would change the overall market by them having a monopoly is kinda silly since Hasbro and Disney are essentially the same Big Toy infrastructure already using all the same licensing and distribution and American brand-language. The Establishment, if you will.

We might get a new logo in front of the films but they didn't do that for Star Wars. Actually if you want to use Star Wars as an example of how Disney mishandled something, don't. Because that's dumb and a couple bad movies don't marginalize the rest of the brand including 3 shows.

If Disney bought Transformers then that would make the Transformer attractions at Universal strange as the Marvel attraction. Or now that I think about it, the Simpsons attraction.

Disney doesn't buy things to break them.
https://en.m.wikiped...tions_by_Disney

Also neat:
https://www.titlemax...owns-worldwide/

AND if we're talking about a Disney acquisition of Hasbro, things are way more complicated since Hasbro has more IP than anybody can count and they recently bought eOne which itself was a giant company.

Although Disney and Hasbro have a very symbiotic and stable relationship there are a few fields where Hasbro and Disney were in opposition although I can't recall any specific examples of Pepsi/Coke off the top of my head.

Edited by Zodberg, 03 June 2020 - 10:13 AM.

Woooo!

#7 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:13 AM

Disney gave us Gargoyles. 'Nuff said.

It worked so well for Power Rangers.

The Disney Era had more good seasons than bad ones. Dino Thunder, SPD, Jungle Fury, RPM. All were awesome seasons.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 June 2020 - 10:49 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#8 -LittleAutobot1218-

-LittleAutobot1218-

🌟 Able to relate anything to Transformers.

• Citizen
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:38 AM

Um.... no.

I was actually thinking about this once upon a time,  but it doesn't seem like a good idea.

An idea that would most likley make TF fans say WHAT IS THIS? with a horrified expression.

But, if Disney were to make a live action TF like they did with some of their Disney classics, they would possibly stay true to the plot and character designs...

Unlike SOME....

And Hasbro already kills of many characters in one continuity ALONE, we dont need the Parent killing DISNEY to own ONE MORE FANDOM AND MAKE MORE CHARACTERS DIE.

HASBRO IS GREAT AS A SOLO COMPANY.

HECK, PLUS DISNEY ALREADY OWNS MARVEL, STAR WARS, NATIONAL GEO

MUST I GO ON-

Edited by -LittleAutobot1218-, 04 June 2020 - 09:15 AM.

tf__didn_t_go_as_planned____by_masqueadr

#9 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

I can't believe the Disney reboot of Nat Geo killed off David Attenborough smh

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#10 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27359 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:52 AM

I doubt it would make any particular difference to anything in the long run.

#11 -LittleAutobot1218-

-LittleAutobot1218-

🌟 Able to relate anything to Transformers.

• Citizen
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:06 AM

I doubt it would make any particular difference to anything in the long run.

Possibly... i still dont know, though.

tf__didn_t_go_as_planned____by_masqueadr

#12 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3142 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

I can't believe the Disney reboot of Nat Geo killed off David Attenborough smh

*sees Jeff Goldblum used to represent Nat Geo everywhere*

"I, uh, know what I have to do but I don't know if, uh.... if I have the strength to, ah, do it."

#13 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3643 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:31 AM

Disney bought Power Rangers then decided they didn't want it and choked the life out of it. The current upswing is because they got away from Disney rather than because of it. Without the neosaban era it'd be Disney+ archive fodder.

If Disney got Transformers, we'd see a middling to good cartoon series and better than Michael Bay movies, things we're getting already, only with the sword of Damocles hanging over the brand at all times because it's not Marvel, not Pixar or created in house 50 years ago so it's one or two underwhelming performances away from becoming archive material.

At least with Hasbro the health of the brand is a priority and they are super unlikely to give up any time soon.

Edited by Rycochet, 03 June 2020 - 12:11 PM.

#14 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10632 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

The corporate consolidation we've seen over the last few decades is outright toxic. It puts the final say on what kind of content and products you can consume in the hands of an increasingly smaller and smaller group of people.

Recall a few years back when the Disney executive in charge of Marvel decided girls don't sell in this boys franchise, and worked to remove Black Widow from the Age of Ultron toyline, while also standing in the way of a female lead film being produced until the ass-end of Phase 3. Kevin Fiege managed to have enough clout to get out from under that dude, but he was also the guy in charge of the single-most lucrative film franchise in history. Even then, stuff got ripped from his hands, like the firing of James Gunn, which took a several years and a lot of maneuvering to undo.

Now, all that said, the current Ducktales cartoon may genuinely be the best TV show (let alone children's cartoon) I have ever seen, so great stuff can still come out of the monolith. But only if it doesn't run afoul of Disney's board or investors.

Hasbro is doing fine right now. We just got a pretty good kids cartoon, a comic that was getting good right up until the pandemic hit, a renewed movie franchise, and a toyline that, while reptitive an slavish to G1, is still putting out some impressive figures and giving us characters I would have figured we'd never see a decade ago.

And hey, maybe that Netflix show won't suck! (Isn't that supposed to be out this month? I didn't see an announcement of an official delay yet.)

Though, honestly, if this were to happen, I'd be more interested in Marvel getting the rights to ROM back than anything else. An MCU ROM film would get me back into the MCU like nobodies business.

MSzBav1.jpg

#15 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3999 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

If Disney did buy Hasbro, which is unlikely to happen, what I can see happening is:

Gi Joe is locked away in a box of non profitable brands and sold off because the higher ups would view the brand as war provoganda or simply does not fit with their family friendly image on the international stage

Disney will seriously push MLP and make Twilight Sparkle a Disney Princess, even if she is a pony

Transformers, I think could suffer on the toy front as the prices will likely go up even more as you got to pay for the Disney brand on top of Hasbro and Transformers, TV shows will end up on Disney Channel or Disney+ depending if its more for the fans or for younger children, we'll see more Disney themed Transformers. Movies will likely be more family friendly and could end up being CGI & 2D combined instead of live action

Power Rangers would contuine but the question of the people behind it having the will to make good content to try and rival some of the superior older series

Board games could become movies or TV shows as they take another shot at them

The less well known brands that not been pushed for a long time could end up being sold off as Disney seeks to make money and likely deem many of those brands non profitable

Star Wars mech will contuined to be made but the question over the brand long term will be raised and as currently much of the sequel era stuff will not be produced for it doesn't sell and it be original, prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels and Manalorian, plus whatever is considered good by the fans of the property.

My personal view, on the matter is, I think Disney & Hasbro would be better off as completely seperate companies, at the moment, Disney got far to big and to fast that they weren't in a secure place when the crisses hit but out of their four big buys, only two have really produced long term profitabilty those being Pixar & Marvel, while Fox remains a question mark currently, but Star Wars, could of been better if they had a proper plan for their sequels and not wanting to have a cash grab!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#16 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15529 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

Bye bye 3rd party stuff if Disney ever took control...

#17 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7046 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

on the one hand, it would increase the quality of the movies. which is good

on the other hand, it brings disney one step closer to monopolizing the very concept of Childhood. which is bad.

Why would the quality of the movies improve?

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#18 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1556 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

One could imagine them making a three-movement story cycle where the last part undoes the biggest change made by the part before it.

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#19 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

One could imagine them making a three-movement story cycle where the last part undoes the biggest change made by the part before it.

Hey, that sounds just like Return of the Jedi! :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#20 bjorntheimpaler

bjorntheimpaler
  • Protoform
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

If Disney took control of Transformers couldn't that potentially open an opportunity for Death's Head to participate in the comics again?

Even if, still wouldn't be on board with it. Disney owns too much as it is.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users