Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 June 2020 - 06:51 PM)

According to Roberts, soldiers can ignore the order to spare Whirl if he's directly threatening them. But mostly the DJD were out of their heads on Nuke and not really caring much at the time.

Photo
- - - - -

Generations Selects God Neptune Coming?

127 replies to this topic

#21 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52529 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

King Poseidon Has objectively has the worst scheme of the four decos.

There I said it.

card-strongarm.jpg

#22 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#23 Noeru

Noeru
  • Citizen
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:12 AM

I never watched BW2 much. I'm down for a God Neptune but I do have a question. Were the animation heads for each character much different from the toys? Would they be new heads or do we think they're just straight up repaints? Surely they have some type of trick up their sleeve.

#24 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8738 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

The BW2 heads tended to stay very accurate to the toys.  It's likely going to be recolors.  The real mystery is if Nautilator is going to get a redeco for the set, as he was omitted from the original set.

#25 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

I never watched BW2 much. I'm down for a God Neptune but I do have a question. Were the animation heads for each character much different from the toys? Would they be new heads or do we think they're just straight up repaints? Surely they have some type of trick up their sleeve.

Only Halfshell and Scylla ever transformed into robot mode, but the Beast Wars Second animation models for the Seacons were definitely toy-based.

Halfshell_bw.jpg Coelagon_robot.jpg

Scylla_robot.jpg Sea_phantom_robot.jpg Terrormander_robot.jpg

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#26 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9212 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:52 AM

They're in robot mode in the beginning of the movie and during the stock combination sequence.

The silhouette has Lobclaw as an arm. While it may be a reuse from King Poseidon, it does tend to lend some credence to including that figure.

That's Overbite/Sea Phantom as the right arm, not Lobclaw.

Edited by Creedence, 14 May 2020 - 02:02 AM.

#27 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14402 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:14 AM

If this ends up a giftset with all figures and weapons rtc, then yeah i will definitely get God Neptune over King Poseidon.  If Nautilator isn't included, then maybe not.

fslookup.jpg

#28 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

They're in robot mode in the beginning of the movie and during the stock combination sequence.

The silhouette has Lobclaw as an arm. While it may be a reuse from King Poseidon, it does tend to lend some credence to including that figure.

Guess I didn't look close enough.

There I said it.

Four? I can only think of three.

ACItEK8.png

#29 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1364 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:30 AM

Guess I didn't look close enough.

There I said it.

Four? I can only think of three.

Maybe counting the Hasbro reissue with a couple color differences as a different scheme?

But also, by what objective standard is it the worst? If it's the standard of someone's tastes.... that's subjective. Great to have an opinion, but let's not force ours on other people.

#30 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2242 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

Is that the original sword in the Twitter pic, or a new one?  I'm just trying to figure out if it might be a 'passing the torch' homage, 'new mold accessory', or 'ominous hint that they are going so close to the source material that they're leaving parts out to make it EXTRA accurate' which I wouldn't put past them as a cost-reduction measure.  Releasing big recolor-bots without accessories has been going on since at least Gigastorm and Brave Maximus.

I am, strangely, now really hoping for the red lobster as a sneak-in homage.  Thanks...

#31 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:43 AM

It's the original sword.

#32 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:16 AM

Looking again, it seems as though the mouth is closed too much to be the Overbite mold, as the teeth don't allow that. Granted there could be other tell take signs that point to Overbite rather than Nautilator. Nautilator doesn't make sense as the arm for God Neptune. I figured it was just a photo reuse.

ACItEK8.png

#33 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10289 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

I have the Hasbro reissue of G1 Seacons.  That is the only version of them that I have ever owned.  I do like the colors, but I'm not totally into them either.  That being said, I was a little iffy when I remembered that God Neptune was mainly white.  My hope would be that Takara works their magic on these guys like they did with a lot of the Legends line and do some awesome paint detailing to make up for the rather bland white.  If they do that, I'd love to have these guys.

#34 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:17 PM

I have the Hasbro reissue of G1 Seacons.  That is the only version of them that I have ever owned.  I do like the colors, but I'm not totally into them either.  That being said, I was a little iffy when I remembered that God Neptune was mainly white.  My hope would be that Takara works their magic on these guys like they did with a lot of the Legends line and do some awesome paint detailing to make up for the rather bland white.  If they do that, I'd love to have these guys.

The originals BW2 versions had more substantial paint jobs than the original G1 versions and arguably the TCC versions as well. Whether or not that translates to the new versions or not remains to be seen, but considering the amount of paint on the GS G1 versions, and how good the original BW2 versions looked, I'd expect the GS BW2 versions to be impressive.

ACItEK8.png

#35 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18378 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

I don't think the BW2 Seacons are quite as attractive as the G1 versions, but they look great. Even Sea Phantom, who's missing virtually all the green and copper from the rest of the team, makes white-silver-and-gold look really good.

#36 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

I don't think the BW2 Seacons are quite as attractive as the G1 versions, but they look great. Even Sea Phantom, who's missing virtually all the green and copper from the rest of the team, makes white-silver-and-gold look really good.

Yeah, it's one of those things that they were able to make a pretty basic color scheme on some very simple figures look good. I account it to the little touches like Coelagon's gold scales, Sea Phantom's red 'jewel', the general detailing around their beast mode faces, the combiner head, and the little paint details that didn't exist on the original figures.

The originals due a great job of evoking the 1980's and colors that to me evoke a coral reef.

ACItEK8.png

#37 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52529 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:03 PM

King Poseidon
Piranacon
Club Piranacon
God Neptune

I actually forgot the 2nd reissue has slightly altered colors so give schemes I guess.

card-strongarm.jpg

#38 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18378 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

But...Piranacon and King Poseidon are identical.

#39 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4547 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

maybe i'm old now but it usually felt like TFs were once a lot more subtle about the whole "Hey, let's resell you the thing we JUST SOLD YOU in new paint!" thing.

That mentality cost me a test market ATB Megatron at KB Toys back in '95.

Never again.

#40 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52529 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:14 PM

But...Piranacon and King Poseidon are identical.

The toys yes but Generations Selects King Poseidon uses the cartoon decos which are slightly tweaked.

card-strongarm.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users