Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2019 - 10:30 AM)

O never hated it, the whole thing was an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't care for the CGI, but that's just nature of the beast.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2019 - 07:58 AM)

sidebar- has enough time passed that we can stop irrationally hating "Crystal Skull" yet?

@  Telly : (18 July 2019 - 09:18 PM)

after 38 years and i dont know how many viewings, today is the first time i noticed indiana jones doesnt use a revolver in the bar fight in raiders...

@  Kalidor : (18 July 2019 - 05:33 PM)

@Sabrblade Depends on when you're here. I used to have the backups happen once daily, now I have them happen once per hour so you might often see a hesitation at the top of every hour for 30-45 seconds.

@  Locoman : (18 July 2019 - 05:11 PM)

isn't that just Modern Family

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:45 PM)

that's right. my gym teacher is a clown. new series coming to disney channel next fall

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

all these clowns are making me run really fast.

@  Sabrblade : (18 July 2019 - 12:10 PM)

All this awesome SDCC news is really making these boards run slowly.

@  Bass X0 : (18 July 2019 - 07:54 AM)

Racism must be stopped. No matter the cost.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2019 - 07:49 AM)

Tine to stop buttering it up.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 July 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Well shucks.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 July 2019 - 08:14 PM)

The joke is a husk of its former self.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 01:15 PM)

Pop.

@  Shrug : (17 July 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Something something... corn bread?

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2019 - 07:21 AM)

Ok, ok. Enough of the puns and let's all thank Kal for the amaizeing job he did.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 06:24 AM)

by now I think this jokes' been creamed.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

The kernel.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

Who gives the orders in cybernetic warfare?

@  unluckiness : (16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Zea mays

@  Xellos : (16 July 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Isn't that a kernel of truth.

@  Paladin : (16 July 2019 - 08:43 PM)

huh. suddenly the Squawk is popping.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Not placing much stalk in this conversation.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM)

That's so corny.

@  Shrug : (16 July 2019 - 06:07 PM)

It's absurd how happy I am that a post of mine made the front page of Reddit.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Aww, shucks.

@  TriBlurr : (16 July 2019 - 05:45 PM)

Not till I taste the corn

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

You guys aren't being very nice. You're supposed to tell me I did "good, really good!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Just don't go beyond the rows.

@  Patch : (16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Left over from the failed Beast Machines sequel, Beast Farmers

Photo

Some GI Joe fans are a little ticked-off...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#21 (Deactivated) Morningstar

(Deactivated) Morningstar
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

I hope they stick the Joe con Bangor Maine.. or Gnome Alaska or someplace completely out of the way and awkward to get too... Just to really piss em off. I don't even intend to see the new TF movie and even I can see that it is a brillian move to have botcon right before the film.. It opens up a HUGE variety of things for them to do crowd reactions for tv spots... and have a huge ammount of publicity for the Con as a result of the movie hype..

but definatly.. if you think its worth it.. spend it.. To me.. Nothing they can add to the con will ever justify a 300$ entrance fee.. Its not that I can't pay for it.. Its just that I don't want to pay for it. Thats the same reason I'm not a member of the fanclub.. Cuase I don't want to be.

#22 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(Morningstar @ Oct 11 2006, 11:55 PM) View Post

I hope they stick the Joe con Bangor Maine.. or Gnome Alaska or someplace completely out of the way and awkward to get too... Just to really piss em off. I don't even intend to see the new TF movie and even I can see that it is a brillian move to have botcon right before the film.. It opens up a HUGE variety of things for them to do crowd reactions for tv spots... and have a huge ammount of publicity for the Con as a result of the movie hype..

but definatly.. if you think its worth it.. spend it.. To me.. Nothing they can add to the con will ever justify a 300$ entrance fee.. Its not that I can't pay for it.. Its just that I don't want to pay for it. Thats the same reason I'm not a member of the fanclub.. Cuase I don't want to be.

simple: it's a loan. You get all your money back when you sell your exclusive set online or at a comic book shop. we're basically unofficial FP middle-men. what's the point then? FP needs to move their sets to pay for the convention. it's a much safer guarantee that everything gets paid for than 3H's model, that much is obvious. Whether they make too much money, we'll never know, since we don't get to see the financial books. I BELEIVE what we were told is that profit goes into securing next year's products and services, as well as improving them. (you know, like more remolds, presumably. hopefully this year's convention helped them afford the remolds we were expecting for the freebies)
oh, the other point is that many of us enjoy the exclusives. heheh. forgot that TINY DETAIL.

QUOTE(Waspinator's Muse @ Oct 11 2006, 11:10 PM) View Post

I have a feeling though that BotCon 2006 will be hard to compare against BotCon 2007, since we had SO MANY attendees, although perhaps a summer con will show higher PREREGISTRATIONS than walk-in registrations.

I wager a higher amount of pre-regs will be due to the location, the "perks" (like touring the Hasbro plant) the time... and oh, the teeny itsy bitsy fact the movie is within a week or two of the con. icon-fire.gif

Note that teeny weeny itsy bitsy fact (yanno that movie thing)... you can't really base things on an "Ultra-uber-yehaw-yippee-doo-joygasm icon-silverbolt.gif icon-silverbolt.gif icon-silverbolt.gif " event, to judge which season is "best" I'm afraid.

Hell, my Dad (who doesn't even like TF's in the geek-glee manner I do) might even Pre-reg. Just because it's "special"

oh... actually, I meant BotCon 2006 had an unusually high number of attendees, although it's hard to say if most of that is people resisting the new organization the first year, or if there were exceptional circumstances for the second year. I think their local advertising was handled much more professionally, and they didn't understand how efficient advertising would work. I would guess advertising = more walk-ins, and vacation time = more pre-regs.

#23 (Deactivated) Ataru_Moroboshi

(Deactivated) Ataru_Moroboshi
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:35 PM

Yipes...Good thing the only Joes I'm into are the Sigma Six figures...I mean, Joes are cool and all, but I don't wanna be lumped in with some of the more ardent protestors there. Sure, we complained that Botcon was held during the fall, but I didn't see anything as fierce as what's being voiced over there. Or maybe our complaints came off better simply because we can spell and punctuate properly.

...No, wait, my love of Sigma Six'd probably make those guys even more ticked at me. icon-fire.gif Darn me for supporting the pollution of the Joe line with awesome action figures! ^_^

But if push came to shove, though, man, we could take 'em: I mean, they've got...a bunch of tiny little plastic rifles. We've got *Megatron*!

*Pistol whips the Joe fandom*.

Edited by Ataru_Moroboshi, 11 October 2006 - 11:38 PM.

#24 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(Ataru_Moroboshi @ Oct 12 2006, 12:35 AM) View Post

Yipes...Good thing the only Joes I'm into are the Sigma Six figures...I mean, Joes are cool and all, but I don't wanna be lumped in with some of the more ardent protestors there. Sure, we complained that Botcon was held during the fall, but I didn't see anything as fierce as what's being voiced over there. Or maybe our complaints came off better simply because we can spell and punctuate properly.

...No, wait, my love of Sigma Six'd probably make those guys even more ticked at me. icon-fire.gif Darn me for supporting the pollution of the Joe line with awesome action figures! ^_^

But if push came to shove, though, man, we could take 'em: I mean, they've got...a bunch of tiny little plastic rifles. We've got *Megatron*!

*Pistol whips the Joe fandom*.

Joes are squishy fleshbags. ;>

I'm tempted to get into Sigma Six. They offer a higher level of sculpting detail than the smaller figures. Are all the Snake-Eyes figures base bodies identical, or do they also sometimes change the head and torso and stuff? I saw two different ones in the stores but I couldn't tell. Also not sure which one I want most. maybe I should start a new thread in general or something...
I'm really only interested in SnakeEyes, Destro, Cobra Commander, maybe Storm Shadow, maybe some cool random character... any female characters they might do. oh, and a BAT. do they have a BAT?

#25 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12472 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Ataru_Moroboshi @ Oct 12 2006, 04:35 AM) View Post

Or maybe our complaints came off better simply because we can spell and punctuate properly.

What messageboards were YOU looking at?

But if push came to shove, though, man, we could take 'em: I mean, they've got...a bunch of tiny little plastic rifles.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand legitimate veterans and military men, since Joe is older than RAH. I'm pretty sure we'd be so much raw meat were it to come to blows.

(Ha HAA! Blows.)

M "Mind You, When I See The Complaints, The First Words That Come To Mind Are 'WELL BOO F***ING HOO', But That's Neither Here Nor There" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#26 (Deactivated) S_Christopher

(Deactivated) S_Christopher
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Ataru_Moroboshi @ Oct 11 2006, 11:35 PM) View Post

Sure, we complained that Botcon was held during the fall, but I didn't see anything as fierce as what's being voiced over there.

Unfortunately A_M, you are grosely misinformed may I point you to

Exhibit A

I know 2005 and Allspark had some examples too, but they were lost during the board purge/reformatting. So to say the TF fandom didn't react fiercely is pretty inaccurate

#27 (Deactivated) CanPrime

(Deactivated) CanPrime
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Chip @ Oct 11 2006, 11:22 PM) View Post

Wow. We complained when we had to have our convention in the fall for two years straight, but I didn't see anything even approaching the level of petulant, self-absorbed dimwittery I'm seeing in that thread.

Yeah, let's move the date of this multi-million dollar movie so you don't have to bring a sweater to your convention. You didn't see this coming? When BotCon was shoved aside into late fall just so the Joe fans could keep summer, you never even considered that it might be nice to trade off every now and then? If that's the case, I have no sympathy for the Joe fandom whatsoever.

You're kidding right?

I mean seriously. You are trying to actually say that people in this fandom were nowhere nears as bad as that board when FP got the con? If we still had the posts from before the meltdown of the board, you could see that you are sorely mistaken on your first point.

THANKS Shaun, for giving an example.

Edited by CanPrime, 12 October 2006 - 10:45 AM.

#28 (Deactivated) S_Christopher

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(CanPrime @ Oct 12 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

You're kidding right?

I mean seriously. You are trying to actually say that people in this fandom were nowhere nears as bad as that board when FP got the con? If we still had the posts from before the meltdown of the board, you could see that you are sorely mistaken on your first point.

I just had to provide an example because last year when I saw Racer_J attempting to organize a boycott of FP I lowered my head in shame for being a part of the same fandom.

And before the purge of Allspark there was a post-Botcon '05 thread where it got pretty heated. Replace GI JOE with Transformers and the majority of those replies on the Joe board are an EXACT copy of the fandom's reaction last year.

The good thing about this year is that it made some of the more "immature" naysayers who thought this year would flop too because of the price and timing eat some good crow

#29 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8028 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(CanPrime @ Oct 12 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

You're kidding right?

I don't recall us ever saying that not only should the Joe con give up summer, it should give it up for all time. People have asked for both of them to be inthe summer, and I think rightly so, but that's not what I'm seeing here. Apparently Botcon should ALWAYS be in the fall, and if they ever have to move their convention, even just once, even after we've done it twice in a row, then the world ends.

So no, I don't see how there's a comparison.

The basic feeling I get fom that thread is that it's okay for Transformers to always be FUN's second priority, and that the Joe fans should never have to make the type of concessions they just naturally expect from us; even if it's just once, even if there's an incredibly good reason for it such as the movie.

Edited by Chip, 12 October 2006 - 12:24 PM.

#30 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Ataru_Moroboshi @ Oct 12 2006, 04:35 AM) View Post

Or maybe our complaints came off better simply because we can spell and punctuate properly.

Surely you jest. icon-primal.gif

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Aloha, Mr. Hand!"
KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#31 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12478 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

I don't know how much meaning to put into this, but I find it interesting that NO Joe fans have made any further comments on that original thread since mid-afternoon yesterday. (The most recent comments have been folks from here defending TFs to some degree)

I'm not sure how much this group of (understandably) upset Joe fans reflects the entire Joe fandom....

#32 (Deactivated) CanPrime

(Deactivated) CanPrime
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Chip @ Oct 12 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

QUOTE(CanPrime @ Oct 12 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

You're kidding right?

I don't recall us ever saying that not only should the Joe con give up summer, it should give it up for all time. People have asked for both of them to be inthe summer, and I think rightly so, but that's not what I'm seeing here. Apparently Botcon should ALWAYS be in the fall, and if they ever have to move their convention, even just once, even after we've done it twice in a row, then the world ends.

So no, I don't see how there's a comparison.

The basic feeling I get fom that thread is that it's okay for Transformers to always be FUN's second priority, and that the Joe fans should never have to make the type of concessions they just naturally expect from us; even if it's just once, even if there's an incredibly good reason for it such as the movie.

Again, you're kidding right? I remember posts during Botcon discussions where people said the exact same thing. "We are the bigger fandom, we have a larger group who only attend in the summer, we should be in the summer since that is the way it has always been, why should we be in the fall instead of Joe, etc."

As for that Joe thread, let's remember something, if the roles were reversed and 3H got the Joe con while still having Botcon and then 2 years into the dual licence switched the dates for the shows, we would see the exact same reaction from fans in this forum.

It is just plain silly to think that the Joe fan reaction is any different that what ours has been, or would have been if the roles were reversed. As for TFs being a second priority. Why wouldn't they be? Until this year's Botcon, FP had no proof that this fandom would support a con more than the Joe fans. Thankfully this year and (hopefully) next year might change their minds, no matter what a small, but vocal group of Joe fans think.

#33 (Deactivated) Ataru_Moroboshi

(Deactivated) Ataru_Moroboshi
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:01 PM

Well, I sure stand corrected....erg. When I meant "we," I was pretty much talking about the Allspark, since it's the ony board I visit. Back when the date for Botcon 05 was announced, I read peoples' reactions on the Allspark, and, while charged, their posts somehow came off better to me than the Joe fans' or 2005ers'. Or at least, in that instance, I remember the Allsparkers spelling better than the Joe fans have. Maybe I'm just partial to the people here. ^_^0

But yeah, I think we've concluded that there were indeed harsh fans on both sides. Sorry, guys, but that means I'm gonna have to pistol whip all of you, too. icon-fire.gif Then I'll have to pistol whip myself, too, 'cuz I'll admit I was mightily miffed that I couldn't make it to a couple of the last Botcons due to the timing; I simply didn't post in the complain topics.

Anyway, Sipher, I'm not touchin' those military vet Joe doll collectors (Beating up old folks and national heroes tends to be frowned upon); it's the RAH fans we could take. ^_^

In any event, I'm always joking just a little, even if it's for my own amusement, so never take my words...entirely...at face value.

Edited by Ataru_Moroboshi, 12 October 2006 - 05:02 PM.

#34 McFly

McFly
  • Citizen
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:43 AM

We're both a bunch of idiots, on either side of the fence. You just want to believe that your little circle is superior, and to be fair, that's how most people see things. The Joe fans probably see themselves as more civilized, and in the end, we're all kicking sand in each other's faces.

Fact is, if we're not getting boned, the Joe fans are. Doesn't anyone else get the vibe here that Fun Publications has bitten off far, far more than they can chew?

#35 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

^ I would rather say that there are "some/a bunch of idiots on either side of the fence".

And as someone who has been to both FunPub run G.I. Joe con(s) & FunPub run TFs cons I prefer the atmosphere of being with the people who attend the Joe shows.

The funny thing is I don't belong to or even surf any Joe-centric messageboards at all and the 'Spark is the only TFs board that I belong to. Not only that but I don't think I have been to any other TFs board more than 5 different times in the last 4 years. I think I did join another TFs board during one of the times the 'Spark has been down over the years but I'd be hard pressed to name that board. I don't think I posted there even once.

Over the years I've collected vintage 60's-70's 12" Joes, 80's 3 3/4" ARAH Joes and the 90's-00's 12" Joes so there is more of interest for me at those shows plus there are more folks in my age bracket whereas when it comes to TFs my interests are much less varied. I'm 85%+ interested in only G1 era toys/fiction so there is less stuff for me that I'm interested at any TFs-centric event.

Kinda funny how this all worked out. :-]

As far as FunPub biting off more than they can chew, maybe they have but I think that the best thing would to be have a combo con. for both groups. Have it during the Summer months so the constant bitching about missing a day or two of school would finally stop. I'd rather not beat this dead horse but I skipped a day or two from school to go on a vacation with my parents when I was a kid and I didn't fail a class/semester because of it.

Sure I'm somewhat biased because, like I said, I go to both of their events but it's not like it hasn't been done before. There was a con. in New Jersey that used to have a computer/electronics event on one side of the convention center and on the other side it was a toy/celeb. event. Sure this is a bit different but IMO far from impossible for FunPub to pull off. They would need to rent a venue large enough to fit both groups and have enough staff. If they needed to hire some extra staff it's not like they would need to hire Ivy League grads. to pad out their ranks. Of course there is more to it than that but maybe it is time for B. Savage to look at the idea of a combo con. more seriously once the two '07 shows are over or ideally even start thinking about it now

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Don't make me come over there and throw my cell phone at you."
KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#36 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12472 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

The more I hear "combine the conventions", frankly, the worse the idea sounds. I can't imagine what kind of panel-schedule nightmare that would be.

Plus, TF fandom is a bit more on the guest/panel-heavy side anyway (as in, we HAVE them). A combo con would likely end up being primarily a TF convention ANYWAY, further pissing off the Joe fan base.

I can't see combining them being a good idea.

M "For The CUSTOMERS, At Least" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#37 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:39 PM

What kind of events are there at the GI Joe con?

#38 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9109 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(McFly @ Oct 13 2006, 07:43 AM) View Post

Fact is, if we're not getting boned, the Joe fans are. Doesn't anyone else get the vibe here that Fun Publications has bitten off far, far more than they can chew?

Not really. They seem to be able to handle both just fine. They just can't schedule both of them without getting some people upset.

After seeing the attendance at BC this year, though, I'd be hard put to say that fall is really such a bad time.

#39 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51777 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

After seeing the attendance at BC this year, though, I'd be hard put to say that fall is really such a bad time.

I'd be shocked if 2007 doesn't post at least twice the attendance figures '06 had.

card-strongarm.jpg

#40 (Deactivated) S_Christopher

• Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Oct 13 2006, 02:08 PM) View Post

I'd be shocked if 2007 doesn't post at least twice the attendance figures '06 had.

You never know it is only 8 months months away so it's hard to say, if anything it might be JUST the same as this year's BotCon

But there are too many variables to say either way