Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

Photo
- - - - -

Masterpiece MP-39+ Spinout (Diaclone Red Sunstreaker)

49 replies to this topic

#21 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 2044 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

I was hoping they would do him. Being the first car to robot action figure. Nice he uses Sideswipe's preliminary name.
https://takaratomyma...506/?mm200430tf

You mean Sunstreaker's preliminary name. Unless you consider "Sideswipe" to be Sunstreaker's preliminary name, What with the sculpts being swapped and all.

Sideswipe's character, Sunstreaker's figure. :)

You mean Nightstick.

#22 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52529 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

"Assault Rescuer"?

DA95F011-493B-4531-A53D-6DFE1516EA9B.png

Edited by MrBlud, 01 May 2020 - 06:07 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#23 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2242 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

And then Toxitron rips his head off and wears it as a Matrix. To break into an Autobot field base and slaughter everyone inside.

Everyone has goals!

Edit: And yes, I did get the reference.

Edited by Platypus Prime, 02 May 2020 - 12:24 PM.

#24 Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Lurking Lurker What Lurks

• Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:09 AM

I'm glad this will exist, but honestly, I was hoping for a Generations Selects Spin-Out from Earthrise Sunstreaker. I'm just not willing to pay Masterpiece prices for most characters, especially since I find most of them a little too fiddly and overcomplicated in transformation for my tastes.

#25 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27262 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

It's weird how you put that. I'd think this release actually increased the chances of an ER mold Spin-Out, since now he's a "real" character with a toy.

#26 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

Is there a reason I can't buy an MP Sunstreaker?

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#27 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 2044 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:36 PM

Money must be exchanged for goods or services.

#28 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32597 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

Im looking but can't find one

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#29 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:15 PM

Did he sell out everywhere?

What about eBay?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#30 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52529 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

BBTS has a preorder for him for May.

card-strongarm.jpg

#31 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, he's getting re-released.
https://www.amazon.c...88597412&sr=8-1

ACItEK8.png

#32 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:08 AM

https://takaratomyma...g4904810133506/

MP-39+ サイバトロン 強襲救助員 スピンアウト
CYBERTRON ASSAULT RESCUE SPIN-OUT
●役割強襲救助員
●座右の銘「些末な細部にて歴史を引き延ばすこと適わず」
●プロフィール
スピンアウトは元来、別世界の地球の戦闘マシンカーロボットであったものが、サイバトロンの古代コンピュータによって命を与えられ超ロボット生命体となった異例の存在だ。直情型の熱血漢だが、地球人には強い忠誠心を示し従順である。戦闘マシンであった前世を鮮明に記憶しており、操縦パイロットなしで戦う事に内心不安を抱いている。

スピンアウトのビークル形態であるランボルギーニ カウンタックLP500Sの姿は、彼の出自の謎とパラドックスを最も色濃く示す要素である。
その概要を以下に記す。

【デルタマグナスの私的記録】
古代サイバトロンの膨大な記憶データを保存した外宇宙施設<ダイアデム>を確保する我々の突入作戦は、やはり最悪の展開をたどった。デストロンとクインテッサ星人を交えた乱戦により施設は大破貴重な情報の多くが失われた。コルドンの原初記憶を回収できたのは幸いだが、彼はそれをインストールする気はないようだ。そして我々が得たものは予想とはまるで違う、セイバートロン星の歴史観を揺るがす物証だった。ダイアデム深奥で発見した1体のロボット<スピンアウト>は、停時チェンバー内で1千万年近く保存されていた。つまりそれ程の過去から、地球のビークルに変形するオートボットがこの世に存在した事になる
どういう事なのかダイアデムの電子頭脳アンテリア・ゼータAnterior Zetaの記録によると、スピンアウトは本来別次元の地球の戦闘マシンであり、何らかの時空変動で我々の過去世界に投げ込まれた漂流者だった。ダイアクロン―それが、スピンアウトの所属していた勢力の名だ。彼らの宇宙艇を解析したゼータは、ダイアクロンとその敵ワルダーとの戦いの物語に魅了されたようだ。あるいは既に狂っていたのか、乗っ取られたかとにかく、ゼータはダイアクロンの使命を我々に引き継がせようと考え、秘密の施策を行なった。ワルダーの存在を感知するや、最優先で自動的殲滅行動を取らせる遺伝子的コマンドを作成し、全世界のリペア装置ネットワークを介して伝播したのだ。我々種族にそんな介入がなされていたとは信じ難いが、既に実例がある。ワルダー軍団のプローブ・インセクターと遭遇したストリークが変異をきたした、ブルーストリーク事件がそれだ。対策せねばならない
ワルダーが左様に邪悪な脅威ならば、どのみち戦うだろう。だがそれは、我々自身の意志と覚悟によって成すべきなのだ

MP-39 + Cybertron Assault Rescue Spin Out
CYBERTRON ASSAULT & RESCUE SPIN-OUT
● Role Assault Rescuer
● Inscription on the right Not suitable for extending history with trivial details
● Profile
spinout was originally a battle machine of another world, a car robot, but an ancient computer of Cybertron. It is an extraordinary existence that was given a life by and became a super robot life form. Although he is a straight-hearted passionate zeal, he shows loyalty to the earthlings and is obedient. It clearly remembers the previous life, which was a battle machine, and is worried about fighting without a pilot.

The appearance of the spin-out vehicle form of the Lamborghini Countach LP500S is the element that most strongly shows the mystery and paradox of his origin.
The outline is described below.

[Private record of Delta Magnus]:
Our rush operation to secure the outer space facility <Diadem> which preserved the huge memory data of the ancient cybertron was also the worst development. The facility was severely damaged by the fierce battle between Destron and Quintessa, and much valuable information was lost. Fortunately, he was able to recover Cordon's original memory, but he does not seem to install it. And what we got ... was something that was completely different from what we had expected, shaking the history of Sabertron stars. A robot <Spin Out> discovered in the deep depths of Dyadem was stored in the chamber at rest for nearly 10 million years. In other words, from that past, an autobot that transforms into a vehicle on Earth has existed in this world!
What's going on? According to the records of the Anterior Zeta of Dyadem, spinouts were originally another dimension of the Earth's fighting machine, a castaway thrown into our past world by some spatiotemporal change. <Diacron> -That is the name of the power that the spinout belonged to. Zetas, who analyzed their spacecraft, seemed fascinated by the story of the battle between Diaklon and his enemy, Walder. Or was it already crazy or hijacked ... Anyway, the Zetas took secret measures in hopes of letting us take over Diaklon's mission. Upon sensing the presence of Walder, he created a genetic command that would take the highest priority for automatic extermination behavior and propagated through the worldwide repair device network. It's hard to believe that there was such an intervention in our race, but there are already examples. That is the <Blue Streak Incident>, in which the streak that encountered the Walder Corps probe insector mutated. You have to take measures!
If Walder were an evil threat to the left, he would fight anyway. But it should be done by our own will and determination!

bnr_tf_mp39.png 4904810133506_illust.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17805 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

Soooo... trying to parse that translation jumble... He was originally a Diaclone Car Robot mech on an alternate Earth that got transported to the Cybertron of the past and was discovered in the present day and brought to life, but still feels unsure about working without a human partner because he was once just a mech?

-ZacWilliam, sure I'm missing stuff in all that
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#34 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:45 AM

Is Anterior Zeta something or someone from Diaclone?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#35 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:10 AM

Soooo... trying to parse that translation jumble... He was originally a Diaclone Car Robot mech on an alternate Earth that got transported to the Cybertron of the past and was discovered in the present day and brought to life, but still feels unsure about working without a human partner because he was once just a mech?

-ZacWilliam, sure I'm missing stuff in all that

That seems to be the gist of it.

That and Blue Bluestreak has a similar backstory.

ACItEK8.png

#36 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18378 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:01 AM

● Inscription on the right Not suitable for extending history with trivial details

Lookin' at you, Ask Vector Prime.

#37 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17805 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

That's a TFWiki photo caption escaped into the wild that is.

-ZacWilliam, have absolutely no clue what it's saying pre-mangle.

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

Is Anterior Zeta something or someone from Diaclone?

*smacks forehead*

It's... It's another computer named in the same vein as Vector Sigma.

#39 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:54 AM

A better and more accurate translation.
https://www.tfw2005....1#post-17895156

Rescue Assault Spinout, a homage from Diaclone, the precursor of Transformers, joins the MP series! The color palette, dimensions, and specifications are modeled directly after Car Robot NO.1 Countach LP500S type from Diaclone. A completely new Masterpiece branded character transforms from the Lamborghini Supercar LP500S to Rescue Assault team member, Spinout! The specific variations of the original Diaclone figure have been faithfully reproduced, while maintaining the excellent articulation and vehicle mode features that were already exhibited by Sunstreaker and Cordon. The concept of the original Car Robot NO.1 Countach LP500S type has been made into a reality with a product that strongly adheres to the modernization of Transformers.

MP-39+ Cybertron Rescue & Assault Spinout

Function: Assault & Rescue

Motto: Dont embellish history with trivial details.

Profile: Spinout was originally a battle machine (Car Robot) on an Earth in another dimension, which was unprecedentedly given consciousness by a Cybertron ancient computer, becoming a Super Robot Lifeform. Although impulsive and hotheaded, Spinout demonstrates obedience and loyalty to the Earthlings. He clearly remembers his past life as a battle machine and doesnt feel confident about fighting without a pilot. Spinouts vehicle form is a Lamborghini Countach LP500S, which illustrates both the mystery and paradox behind his origins.

Delta Magnus personal log

In our haste to secure the outer space facility Diadem, which stores vast amounts of ancient Cybertron data, events took a turn for the worst. The facility had been decimated in a fierce battle between the Destrons and Quintessons, and a lot of valuable data had been lost. Fortunately, I was able to recover Cordons original memory, but he refused to install it. What we also discovered...was not what we expected. Evidence which completely changes the view of Seibertrons history. One robot, Spinout, was discovered in a chamber in the depths of the Diadem, and had been in stasis for nearly 10 million years. In other words, an ancient robot with an earthen vehicle mode existed on this planet! What is going on? According to the Diadem memory banks Anterior Zeta, Spin-Out was originally a battle machine from an Earth in another dimension and was castaway on this ancient planet due to a space-time anomaly. Spin-Out was affiliated with the Diaclone force. Zeta had analyzed their spacecraft and seemed fascinated with the events of the Diaclone war against their enemy, the Waruder. Was Zeta crazy or was he hacked...anyway, Zeta ensured the Diaclone mission would continue and put into motion a secret protocol. He created a genetic command program that was spread throughout his repair network on the planet. Upon detecting any Waruder presence the program would automatically take over and ensure their destruction was top priority. Its hard to believe there had been such an intervention with our race, yet we have already seen examples of this programming. There had already been the Bluestreak Case, where the Streak who encountered the Waruder armys Probe Insecter completely changed. We need to take action! If the Waruder are such an evil menace, I would fight them anyway. Nonetheless, the decision and determination should be our own!

ACItEK8.png

#40 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17805 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

Sooooo... does this mean that MP Blue Bluestreak was not a jump over from the Diaclone universe as we assumed (and as Spin-Out here is) but the regular Bluestreak taken over by Zeta's anti-Waruder protocol?

ZacWilliam, I think that's what it's saying...?

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 13 May 2020 - 07:15 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users