Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

The Weaponizer Picture Thread

weaponizers siege

15 replies to this topic

#1 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1539 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:40 PM

There's so, so many crazy things you can do with Weaponizers, I feel like they deserve a dedicated place to share the madness creativity.

FN9qUgC.jpg

sq2olQd.jpg

MCvmH6A.jpg

ss8x4tI.jpg

t1RK2l8.jpg

tNKOJJY.jpg?1

s9dYOJQ.jpg

GOEN4Ol.jpg?1

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#2 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2259 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

I know I've got plenty of use out of this one, though admittedly I can't get past the face.

48937656706_9d7d0831df_o.jpg

48900970097_c05b1f9c50_o.jpg

#3 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3958 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:29 PM

I found myself combining all out my weaponizers for the Autobots and this includes Ironworks who was just added the other day, so Sideswipe is ready to take on anything:

49806784048_42ddf4524f_b.jpg

Not a single part was wasted in creating this, I would do a con verison but so far there is only one con who is a weaponizer in my collection and that is Brunt

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1099 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

Having seen pictures of these setups, it reminds me of those MRR monstrosities people were making years ago.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#5 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1539 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:40 PM

9S2Z4Xw.jpg

3rh89WQ.jpg

yVbK3kp.jpg

i2fRsKf.jpg

wrcWIeE.jpg

Xo4XnX4.jpg

6GbZrlO.jpg

PICLbFX.jpg

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#6 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1367 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:46 AM

Megatron with double Cog:

YoG7qM7.jpg

#7 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2259 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

All these make my Omega Supreme's Ironworks/Zetar Outlaw Star arms look very pathetic...

49866195933_0bf7e57103_o.jpg

You know,I never did get that Impactor/Mirage pack...

48359052416_0e4cfd6064_o.jpg

"And if anybody moves, they're gonna get some Science right in the face!!!"-from the Day Perceptor Snapped.

46720292664_dbba3252ed_o.jpg

Edited by Platypus Prime, 11 May 2020 - 07:10 AM.

#8 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6113 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

Perhaps I’ve gone too far
Ugh I give up. Imgur doesnt like embedding from mobile apparently.

Edited by Corgis Pal, 01 June 2020 - 04:32 PM.

#9 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8231 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:31 PM

9S2Z4Xw.jpg

Getting major Crash Dummies Junkbots vibes

Attached Thumbnails

• d1b18aa85c270bc5879b6218538e0071.jpg

#10 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18841 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

Seems like a good place for these...

Okay, so I finally got my hands on Cog, and the first thing I did -- after transforming him back and forth a bit?

jp5QqsV.jpg

Completed Fortress Maximus.

PLt4LAD.jpgRBRfgJR.jpg

It's not perfect, but the illusion more or less works.

ZWx27eg.jpgCSdKTqP.jpg

And of course, the main reason I wanted this stuff is because battleship mode just doesn't quite seem right without the guns on the tower.

The double-barreled cannon doesn't quite hold up as well under its own weight by the rear peg, but at least the tower provides a way to sit part of it on the ledge so you can fake it. The front peg works better, but of course, sits the whole thing back a bit.

UQMNW8J.jpg

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any good storage in base mode. They don't even sit on the center ramp very well, so it's off to the sides they go.

cpCMHBI.jpg

Cog and Cerebros look good together, sporting their guns.

ncRMhiu.jpg6yux9iS.jpgF1l2Se2.jpg

Here's a better look at the formations used for each gun.

4zlOL9x.jpg

This was the original formation, but the foot gets in the way of mounting it securely on the wrist. Works for the tower, though!

UNA607q.jpg

This is how I store the hand guns when Fort Max is in robot mode.

I'm surprised no one has done this before. No one taking pictures on the internet that I've been able to find, anyway. This was the first thing I thought of when I saw Cog could form modular weapons!

mPrdxUe.jpg

Sadly, it's looking like I'm going to have to return/exchange this Cog. Not only is his right hand incapable of holding either of his guns, but now this piece suddenly started popping off as I began setting up these pictures. I'm really quite disappointed, and taking him back is going to be a small pain. =\

I figure nail polish remover would fix the gun problem, but has this happened to anyone else? It almost looks like it snapped off. =O

Still, this has left me eager to see what I can pull together for Metroplex and Trypticon when Six Gun and Brunt come out!

----

On a slightly-related note: Wanted to attach the images on the board directly, but it kept turning them sideways, no matter how I turned them myself. Is there a way to fix that?

That was after I'd uploaded to Imgur, but when I went to my profile, none of them were there! Not the gallery, not anything! I found it through my browser history, but now I can't seem to edit it, and it's like they only exist when I'm looking at the page itself. What's even going on?

This has not been a good day for me and pictures. =( Not for uploading them, anyway.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#11 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18841 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:33 PM

So when I got Cog, the first thing I wanted to do was complete Fortress Maximus. I thought Sixgun and Metroplex would come next, but to my surprise, I found Brunt long before I ever saw Sixgun.

No big, because I had plans for Brunt as well, plans I don't think anyone's really realized (though Walky gave it a shot, but I don't think it was too stable). While I may think Trypticon is the best-executed of the Titans to date (not counting the non-Titan Titans, i.e. Devastator, Predaking), I know he's not quite perfect.

The biggest issue? That central tower.

The central tower always stuck out to me on the original G1 Trypticon, even though I never owned him. The tower was the biggest of the three, and capped off with that lovely orange tip, formed by Brunt's cannon when the beast was in city mode, or a central cannon in his battle station mode. Of all the weapons he was covered with, it was the one without parallel (literally, as every other type of gun was part of a pair in one way or another, but the central tower/cannon was one-of-a-kind). The thin, shorter tower on Titans Return Trypticon, even with Full-Tilt attached, just didn't quite compare.

So naturally, that was first and foremost what I wanted to recreate.

Unfortunately, Hasbro and Takara apparently didn't have the foresight I'd hoped they would, to allow Brunt to clip into the chest cannon the same way Full-Tilt does. (That is, unless there's some alternate configuration I haven't found yet which does.) You can sit Brunt there, but like Walky's, he's unstable.

Fortunately, there is a way to attach it that not only makes it more secure, but a big bigger as well, though this comes at a cost:

ePlpDwc.jpg

SSs8r3o.jpg

Put simply, Full-Tilt is the key. The downside, though, is that whereas I'd hoped Full-Tilt would get to roam free in city and battleship modes while Brunt fulfills his original role, he's sadly necessary for this to work at the moment. (Maybe someone who does 3D printing can make a new part for Brunt's pieces to plug into, like something that can plug into the back of the cannon frame that holds Full-Tilt.)

Now, there are different ways to go about this, depending on how tall you want the tower to be.

There's the simple cannon and its pivot:

rzmOSGV.jpg

My personal favorite, with Brunt's rear tank treads underneath:

uFKVshl.jpg

You can also position it to sit further back, a little closer to the other towers:

a4VyQcv.jpg

JkbzT9m.jpg

Or go all the way, and use Brunt's torso to add even more height:

P13Y11d.jpg

Or you can remove the treads from the equation:

toNAha9.jpg

(And if you think these look a bit weird for a tower, don't forget what the original looked like.)

If you keep it low and simple, then you can use the torso and/or treads for other little bits which I think fill out the city mode nicely with little mini-towers, transmitters, or whatever:

lX8ftbx.jpg

E0MXwp7.jpg

I like this one, as it looks like it could be either spotlights or loudspeakers:

045tjhz.jpg

lGue4WO.jpg

Of course, city mode is just one mode in which Brunt helps reclaim Trypticon's former glory. Then we have battle station/battleship:

k7OJacc.jpg

Brunt's arms fit nicely down near the nose of the ship:

QpGCerr.jpg

I've been using the Combaticons' HFGs to fill out where Trypticon's silver guns were on the battle station mode, but now, if you prefer...

ULdqhls.jpg

And of course, the central tower cannon:

xAsK7KH.jpg

I prefer keeping it lower in this mode, due to the pivot and all. It still shines, and frees up the other pieces for other uses.

That's all I've done so far. I'm toying with seeing what I can do in Trypticons saurian mode, but that's just gravy at this point. Besides, Brunt should probably have at least one mode where he can run free, right?

Poor Full-Tilt, though... c'mon, Shapeways or third-party folks! Free Full-Tilt!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Okay, so I've finally gotten around to seeing if I can complete the trinity. I managed to make decent semblances of Fortress Maximus's missing weapons from Weaponizer Cog, and I was able to restore Trypticon's central tower to prominence with Weaponizer Brunt. Last, but not least, is the most daunting challenge of all:

Turning Weaponizer Sixgun into a weapon to be held by Metroplex, and a tower for his city mode.

The results... aren't quite as good as the previous efforts, in my opinion. But maybe good enough?

First up: A second gun for Metroplex's robot mode.

DxVHdxI.jpg

I was hoping things would be more compact, particularly towards the back, but they didn't quite work out that way. Still, at least the size is there, in terms of length.

ywx9bXC.jpg

It's mounted further up his arm than he carries his normal gun, but the length is about the same. They are two very distinct weapons, though.

Next is Battle Station mode, whose results were the most disappointing to me.

htYjADs.jpg

For whatever reason, I thought Metroplex had some 5mm holes in his runway, and I'd have been happy to line them with various weapons from Sixgun, but nope. Not a single place to put one, that I saw. so I mounted everything on his arms, making the rear portion even more back-heavy with weaponry while the front end is virtually defenceless, in a manner of speaking.

For fun, I converted the head/chest part of Sixgun to robot mode to look like he's sort of integrated into the shoulder turret to man it.

Then we have the tower for city mode...

750GLv2.jpg

I tried a number of things with the towers, but again, not being able to just put the legs together compromised the results a bit. I'm not especially happy with any, but of all of them, I think the top-middle probably comes closest to the original.

That done, I decided that if nothing else, I can at least homage the weapon positions from the 1986 back-of-the-packaging art:

vooE7DN.jpg

One thing I am happy with?

yYDWOV9.jpg

Sixgun jetpack for Scamper!

Or "Sixpack Scamper" for short.

Well, I guess two out of three ain't bad. Maybe they'll figure they're due for a new Metroplex soon, and that one will be backwards-compatible with Weaponizer Sixgun? Only time will tell.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 06 June 2020 - 10:32 PM.

#12 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3958 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

Looking at those pictures, I would say the weaponisers need to be upscaled to voyager class to really work with the Titan class figures that or the titan class downsized a bit more.

#13 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6113 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:37 AM

Operation: Big Bird

https://imgur.com/a/JREKqf7

(Seriously can anybody tell me how to embed from imgur on mobile? It shouldnt be this opaque)

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67291 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:18 AM

Click on the image and click the share link icon and copy the URL. This is on mobile.

I5wKErf.jpg

mfeu9JD.jpg
OIVw4Nf.jpg

(Seriously can anybody tell me how to embed from imgur on mobile? It shouldnt be this opaque)

ACItEK8.png

#15 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18841 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:07 AM

Looking at those pictures, I would say the weaponisers need to be upscaled to voyager class to really work with the Titan class figures that or the titan class downsized a bit more.

I don't think it would help, as for whatever reason, they just really weren't designed to work with their partners. My stuff is pure kludging, all the way. It's a miracle they work as well as they do.

That said, Fort Max's scale pretty well to the originals, as far as I can tell.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 17 June 2020 - 07:08 AM.

#16 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3958 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

Click on the image and click the share link icon and copy the URL. This is on mobile.

I5wKErf.jpg

mfeu9JD.jpg
OIVw4Nf.jpg

If Skylynx is classed as beautiful, than this is the other end of the classforcation, the Ugly bird

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users