Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

And I don't see links anywhere either.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

So did Walmart somehow fail put up the Headmasters preorders as promised by Hasbro, or have the listings been taken down again? I cannot find them.

@  Kalidor : (18 October 2020 - 03:02 AM)

My Depth Charge is signed by David Sobolov on the wing.

@  Echowarrior : (16 October 2020 - 09:51 PM)

So do I, and I am one.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2020 - 07:33 PM)

I need an adult.

@  -LittleAutob... : (16 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Watching people talk here is satisfying-

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2020 - 05:57 AM)

Nope, just awesome 80's metal hair.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 October 2020 - 12:17 PM)

Feathered Depthcharge? Does he turn into a fish with feathers?

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 11:57 AM)

i've seen fan vids of feathered Dinobot and Depthcharge (which got a top comment by someone who claims to be his voice actor) which show how CG progressed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2020 - 08:01 AM)

A great story, and characters which more than make up for the now dated looking (but still clean and fluid.) CGI.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 03:31 AM)

Thanks to Kingdom I've been rewatching Beast Wars. Still tops.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 October 2020 - 03:19 AM)

If they manage to tie GI Joe into Transformers like I hear they're trying to do, and it manages to put Joe product on the shelves again? I will totally forgive even the worst movie ever.

@  Telly : (15 October 2020 - 12:58 AM)

they LOOK cool, but i dont like the size. i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s where action figure size was 3 3/4, so thats what i prefer

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2020 - 12:32 AM)

I think the new G.I. Joe Classified figures are pretty cool.

@  Telly : (14 October 2020 - 07:11 PM)

speaking of gi joe, just bought my first gi joe figure since...2011? whenever the 30th anniversary/pursuit of cobra was. got the so-called "retro" storm shadow. only got him cause i missed the ultimate version way back when

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2020 - 02:13 PM)

He has to say something eventually...

Photo
- - - - -

Hypothetical Transformers Energon Rewrite

Transformers Energon Rewrite Fan Fiction

34 replies to this topic

#1 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:59 PM

So, before I was on the Allspark Forum, I was on the TFW 2005 forums, and one thread I still frequent is dedicated to bouncing off ideas to improve the Unicron Trilogy.  This inspired me to start developing a hypothetical Energon rewrite based off my ideas and the ones I borrowed from the forum.  Right now, all I have are some writing changes and a modified cast, but I hope to gradually add to these over time.  My current rewrites include:

Retaining all of the surviving characters from Armada (apart from Hoist, as this Energon rewrite serves as a sequel to an Armada that was mostly unchanged apart from improving the animation and script, not having Megatron rename himself Galvatron, and not bringing Smokescreen back from the dead) and having them replace certain characters in the canon show.

Megatron is renamed Galvatron after he is brought back, retains the white and green color scheme at first.

Sideswipe replaces Ironhide and has a vitriolic friendship with Kicker (who still starts off as a jerk, but won't be a whiny asshole); Scavenger, Red Alert, and Blurr respectively replace Bulkhead, Downshift, and Prowl, while Cliffjumper is incorporated into Team Rodimus (because Cliff deserves more love); Demolisher temporarily returns to the Decepticons, but eventually defects back to the Autobots and renames himself "Ironhide;" Wheeljack replaces Inferno and gets his character arc, but isn't brought back from the dead; Starscream remains dead (AND NOT MINDRAPED INTO A MINDLESS SLAVE), while Thundercracker (I'm using his Armada toyline bio as inspiration here) takes his place as Alpha Q's mercenary sent to assassinate Megatron, but is brainwashed into thinking he never deserted the Decepticons; Skywarp serves as a better written version of monster truck Demolisher in the canon cartoon; Shockblast remains alive until the end (more on that later); Cyclonus/Snow Cat is portrayed as a nihilistic jackal, viewing the universe as a cruel joke, essentially making him a Decepticon Joker; and while Tidal Wave still becomes Mirage, he retains his size and lack of vocabulary.

Skywarp, Shockblast, Snow Cat, and Thundercracker can all Powerlinx.

Over the course of the series, Skywarp goes from an immature bloodthirsty thug into a shell-shocked wreck sick of fighting, developing a guilty conscience over killing Scavenger (while Powerlinxed with Thundercracker in the middle of the series), and from having to lie to the brainwashed Thundercracker, the bot who trained him and Starscream, prompting him to eventually tell him the truth.  The two then try to kill Galvatron, but he kills them, removes their sparks, combines them, and implants the fused spark into a blank protoform, which becomes Dirge, a blue and purple Energon Starscream clone who is seemingly devoted to Galvatron (more on that later).

Link to the forum I took my ideas from (credit is due to all of them): https://www.tfw2005....better.1182369/

Link to my rewrite cast: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edited by Thundercracker Prime, 23 April 2020 - 10:29 AM.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

"Taste the cruel bite of my ruthless weaponry."

#2 Kaon

Kaon
  • Owner
  • 4779 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:40 PM

So you're looking in to re-writing energon as a whole?

#3 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

So you're looking in to re-writing energon as a whole?

I basically want to improve the bad writing and characterization and actually have it work as a sequel to Armada.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#4 Kaon

Kaon
  • Owner
  • 4779 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

What? You don't like how they ruined Starscream ;)

#5 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

What? You don't like how they ruined Starscream ;)

That taught eight year old me what shitty writing was.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#6 Kaon

Kaon
  • Owner
  • 4779 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:44 AM

Energon was a nightmare. They took everything they built on in Armada and tossed it in the trash.

I'm glad you're working on making it better.

#7 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14564 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

Not the changes I would have made, but it's nice to see someone tackling Energon and its elements!

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#8 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1448 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

Energon is 2 things. A sequel to Armada and an advertisement for the Energon toyline.

If you're changing the cast so extensively(and not working with the toys powerlinxing as they do, E.Starscream's toy designed as a damaged 'ghost'), why not just re-write Energon into "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

I think some great interesting, creative ideas can come from being constrained and challenged with having to work with what you have to work with.

What would Energon be like if it:

a) was good

b) followed up Armada storylines/characters well

c) still advertised the toys Hasbro made

Edited by sparkasylum, 22 April 2020 - 08:56 AM.

#9 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11876 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

I did a "rolling rewrite" of the Unicron Trilogy too when it aired (to fit it into my ongoing G1-inspired fanverse). In my case it mainly consisted of renaming/repurposing and separating/merging characters (Ironhide was Gears, Scorponok was G1 Scorponok who had been hiding off the grid for years building his own army/pirate fleet, Megatron was actually G1 Galvatron [in his "powered-up" form throughout the series], long believed dead [Armada/Cybertron Megatron was a different person, just using the name to unite the splintered post-G1 Decepticons]).

The main plot involved the energon-star tech (invented by Signal Flare and Skyfire), intended to facilitate energon-mining. The tech was stolen by Scorponok and weaponized, which compelled Signal Flare and Skyfire to assemble their own "Omnicons." Alpha-Q was the last surviving Quintesson (the others had been wiped out in an earlier post-G1 conflict), and his plan was to restore the Quintesson Empire.

The "Universe" conflict that wiped out Quintessa also brought the Rodimus Prime of another timeline (in which Optimus never reclaimed the Matrix) into this one, which is why everyone was so shocked to see him (and why he was so curt with Optimus; this was a Rodimus who had grown into his full potential as a leader and no longer needed validation).

Starscream was revived as an energon ghost by Alpha-Q, then used as a brainwashed puppet by Galvatron, and finally freed (his memories restored) by the efforts of Alexis and Mini-con Swindle (who was carrying a backup copy of Starscream's memories as a side-effect of Powerlinking with him).

Alpha-Q succeeded, but the Quintessa he recreated was primordial, from an era long before his people had developed technology. His "Empire" is nothing more than a planet full of starfish aliens still struggling to tame fire.

Galvatron wanted to seize control of Unicron's rebuilt body (happened in Armada, thanks to the brainwashed Mini-cons), and the Autobots eventually stopped him by self-destructing Unicron (inadvertently creating the singularity that would threaten Cybertron in "Cybertron"). Signal Flare's Energon Star tech led to the creation of Force Chips, allowing Powerlink-like special abilities without the need for a Mini-con (the catch is that Force Chips work like fuses; they can only be used once before needing to be swapped out).

#10 Kaon

Kaon
  • Owner
  • 4779 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

Not the changes I would have made, but it's nice to see someone tackling Energon and its elements!

What changes would you have made then?

#11 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14564 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:06 AM

Probably very boring ones! ;)

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31216 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:34 AM

I once proposed a "What if it was Armada --> Cybertron --> Energon" solution since humanity didn't know about the Transformers in Armada, still didn't and only just started finding out about them in Cybertron, and then were working with the Autobots full-time in Energon.

I thought I had posted it here years ago, but searching through the forum, I can't find it. :???

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:23 PM

Energon is 2 things. A sequel to Armada and an advertisement for the Energon toyline.

If you're changing the cast so extensively(and not working with the toys powerlinxing as they do, E.Starscream's toy designed as a damaged 'ghost'), why not just re-write Energon into "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

I think some great interesting, creative ideas can come from being constrained and challenged with having to work with what you have to work with.

a) was good

I fully intended to maintain the gimmicks involved with the toyline.  Red Alert, Sideswipe, and Demolisher/Ironhide would be able to Powerlinx.  The reason why I'm deciding to replace certain characters is to avoid redundancies.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#14 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:43 AM

I once proposed a "What if it was Armada --> Cybertron --> Energon" solution since humanity didn't know about the Transformers in Armada, still didn't and only just started finding out about them in Cybertron, and then were working with the Autobots full-time in Energon.

I thought I had posted it here years ago, but searching through the forum, I can't find it. :???

I remember that theory.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#15 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1448 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

a) was good

I fully intended to maintain the gimmicks involved with the toyline.  Red Alert, Sideswipe, and Demolisher/Ironhide would be able to Powerlinx.  The reason why I'm deciding to replace certain characters is to avoid redundancies.

Do what you want of course, but it just sounds like another miscellaneous fan fic to me. Maybe it's more of the time between Armada and Energon since more Armada characters are around while some Energon characters don't show up.

Energon Demolisher cannot powerlinx, so you're not maintaining that. Red Alert, Sideswipe... there's Sam's Club Energon Red Alert, no Energon Sideswipe, can't do Energon Powerlinxing.

Starscream's still dead? Then what's happening to represent/advertise the Energon "ghost" Starscream mold?

Do what you want for yourself, again, just to me, what would be interesting about an "Energon re-write" is still syncing with the available toys Hasbro made as all the characters(maybe repurpose/rename some, like Treadbolt could still be Scavenger, etc) in the show and making something good out of that. 

Edited by sparkasylum, 23 April 2020 - 08:30 AM.

#16 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:02 AM

a) was good

Do what you want of course, but it just sounds like another miscellaneous fan fic to me. Maybe it's more of the time between Armada and Energon since more Armada characters are around while some Energon characters don't show up.

Energon Demolisher cannot powerlinx, so you're not maintaining that. Red Alert, Sideswipe... there's Sam's Club Energon Red Alert, no Energon Sideswipe, can't do Energon Powerlinxing.

Starscream's still dead? Then what's happening to represent/advertise the Energon "ghost" Starscream mold?

Do what you want for yourself, again, just to me, what would be interesting about an "Energon re-write" is still syncing with the available toys Hasbro made as all the characters(maybe repurpose/rename some, like Treadbolt could still be Scavenger, etc) in the show and making something good out of that. 

Give me a few days, and I'll make a new cast list.  How about I rename Prowl to Red Alert and Treadbolt to Scavenger, have the reformatted Demolisher be a separate character so that the canon Demolisher doesn't have his character arc destroyed, and have Starscream be resurrected but eventually regain his memories and join the Autobots and/or die in a blaze of glory?

In short, challenge accepted!

Edited by Thundercracker Prime, 23 April 2020 - 11:33 AM.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#17 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:33 AM

Actually, what if I replaced Landmine with Scavenger and gave him the former's gimmick?

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#18 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:03 PM

I made a revised cast: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#19 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

a) was good

Am I allowed to modify the existing toyline to make its gimmicks more consistent for the sake of the rewrite?

Decepticons, FOREVER!

#20 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31216 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

Here's a suggestion. Keep the toys the same as they are, physically. But, maybe change some of the character identities that they represent.

For example, instead of the big blue Autobot SUV being an all new character named Ironhide, make it instead be Armada Side Swipe in a new upgraded body form. That way, the toy could still represent the "young blue Autobot doofus who admires Hot Shot" without needing to replace an existing character with a completely new one.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 May 2020 - 10:02 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users