Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Red Dwarf of Transformers? An interesting, innovative and genuinely funny series that descended into a self referential mess of cliches that continues long after it should have been put out to pasture and rendered nerly everyone thoroughly unlikeable? That seems about right.

@  Bass X0 : (17 September 2020 - 01:59 PM)

MTMTE and Lost Light are the Red Dwarf of Transformers stories, as opposed to the others which are more like Star Wars and Star Trek.

@  Kalidor : (17 September 2020 - 01:37 PM)

Anyone in CONUS want a Skylynx for $100 shipped?

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 September 2020 - 01:34 PM)

Maybe an acquired taste in that's in that it's from a fan raised on the UK run where Transformers wasn't taken so seriously in many stories, especially some Earthforce standalones.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2020 - 09:47 AM)

so, terrible?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 September 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Yeah I think at that point Lost Light is just the '86 movie without the soundtrack.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 September 2020 - 02:28 AM)

So, exctly what Triangleman just said.

@  Bass X0 : (17 September 2020 - 12:36 AM)

A few of the same characters.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 September 2020 - 12:07 AM)

Now having actually read Galaxies #10, I don't actually see what it has in common with Lost Light at all besides featuring Ultra Magnus, Chromedome, and a spaceship.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 September 2020 - 05:33 PM)

So, it's exactly like Lost Light, then.

@  Bass X0 : (16 September 2020 - 01:52 PM)

What if Lost Light was stripped bare of its charm and humor? Galaxies #10 is the answer.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 September 2020 - 01:49 PM)

I didn't mean "*exactly* 15 years ago and no other time."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 September 2020 - 12:27 AM)

I mean, the comment was about a linewide gimmick of 15 years ago, not a gimmick only present in a minority of toys from that year.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 September 2020 - 12:14 AM)

I'd like a western take on the UT for it's twentieth, like a annual CG or anime movie on Netflix that is a condensed retelling similar to the film Macross/Robotech: Do You Remember Love.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 September 2020 - 12:11 AM)

Giant Planet had them, Energon had a few. I've been disappointed in Siege for not having something for the Micromasters, Earthrise has with the base bots but they've been wasted here.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 September 2020 - 10:47 PM)

Wasn't 15 years ago Cyber Keys rather than Minicons?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 September 2020 - 09:38 PM)

By and large, even the worst Minicons have some unique engineering or design elements. The nostalgia factor aside, Micromasters got pretty samey after you got several, especially the "proper" 89 series.

@  unluckiness : (15 September 2020 - 07:13 PM)

There's certainly a load of crummy ones to sift through

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2020 - 05:29 PM)

Or both. There's some overlap.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2020 - 03:19 PM)

People either hated minicons or became completely addicted to them.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 September 2020 - 03:17 PM)

A properly-planned theme, or as people called it 15 years ago, a stupid linewide baby toy gimmick that ruins the toys.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone an ex member of tfw2005

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#21 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6022 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:28 AM

TF2005 isnt all bad, but yeah there are some trouble makers. I generally find the reporting decent & theyve got a top notch Podcast. I also check out the third party forum there, as they tend to have the latest news. Also, if Im looking for something in particular, I usually check their BST forum first, since more users = more deals.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#22 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67749 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:46 AM

It's a very active forum.

ACItEK8.png

#23 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18038 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:09 AM

I'm a huge fan of their art forums.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#24 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3801 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

Yeah their 3rd Party forum is the only place I spend much time. The Allspark seems to me to be older and better moderated. Feels like where most ATT folk wound up, which made it appealing.

TFW is pretty aggressive for no reason a lot of the time. I dont need that in my life.

Though their forums can handle iPhone apostrophes, so its a bit of a toss up. 😬

Edited by Msol, 20 April 2020 - 09:14 AM.

#25 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9525 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:31 PM

I have a login there but I rarely use it.  There's so much traffic on the forums that it's difficult to have an actual conversation.  You make a post and it gets buried almost immediately.

I find Allspark to be a more positive place.  People mostly come here to talk about things they like.

#26 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:02 PM

Yeah their 3rd Party forum is the only place I spend much time. The Allspark seems to me to be older and better moderated. Feels like where most ATT folk wound up, which made it appealing.
TFW is pretty aggressive for no reason a lot of the time. I dont need that in my life.
Though their forums can handle iPhone apostrophes, so its a bit of a toss up. 😬

Thats the reason why I left. A few years later I did sign back up to see if it change. I had to make alternate account because I forgot my old one and my email address for my old account has been deleted. Anyway the site is still the same old site. I dont know why I want back there and wasted my time making a new account. And I got ban form there, but oh well. :) :) :)
I made a promise not rejoin/resign up on that site. Yes Im ban, but can I always change my IP address and ban envision, but I dont ban evade. That pretty low and for a site like TFW2005 is not worth it. And the jokes on them. I left way before they ban me. :)

Edited by Roddie Luver, 20 April 2020 - 04:01 PM.

You will never take me alive!

#27 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1101 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

I had found I had an account on there some years ago, despite not ever remembering that I had registered there. I had found I had it when I suddenly got a birthday email from there. After I was able to log in, I had zero posts. If i recall their history correctly, I had not ever registered on TFW, but I was on TFD. I am guessing they had then since merged the user bases together at some point.

I still have an account there and was active for awhile after Tformers dried up. The thing that I do not like about the site is relating to the forum software it uses. It does not keep a good post read history. In other words, I can go there and it would mark un-read posts as read while in between visits. So keeping up with a thread was trouble, especially due to the amount of people that post over there.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#28 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5305 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:15 PM

i made an account in the last 6 months because they have more robust threads on masterpieces and you get more accounts of QC / opinions faster.

the forums seem fine, the  stereotypical tfw user pops up in threads  and then is made fun of by the 90% of other users there.

i don't like browse regularly but it's a handy tool to have in one's pocket

Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#29 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12956 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

Happy to be an ex-member. No bashing please.

I retain my membership in both, although I do prefer here.

That said, today's their 20th anniversary, so props where they're due.

#30 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:55 PM

i made an account in the last 6 months because they have more robust threads on masterpieces and you get more accounts of QC / opinions faster.

the forums seem fine, the  stereotypical tfw user pops up in threads  and then is made fun of by the 90% of other users there.

i don't like browse regularly but it's a handy tool to have in one's pocket

Yeah not really a bad site, but site isnt for me and I always felt like I didnt belong there. I made a thread asking about if the bots in LL were too human because unlike the users on TFW2005, I never felt that they were too human. I felt like I was the only one who thought so until I posted that thread.

#31 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30996 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

Every time in the past that I ever considered making an account there, I always found some reason not to.

I stick with this place and Seibertron since both are much friendlier with far less hostility.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#32 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:27 PM

Every time in the past that I ever considered making an account there, I always found some reason not to.

I stick with this place and Seibertron since both are much friendlier with far less hostility.

Very wise choice my friend.

#33 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4269 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:14 AM

I've been a a TFW member since 2002, but I felt the rot started to set in when the renewed G1 focus of the MP line and "3rd Party" really started to draw in a lot of new members who were ignorant or dismissive of the two decades+ of the franchise that occurred since they checked out in 1986. 

I joined here in 2013 and steadily started to check out over there. I appreciated that there were a lot of people here who were generally more knowledgeable about the nerdy minutia of the franchise.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#34 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10850 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

One of the guys from the GA sighting board became a real-life friend several years ago, so I'll always appreciate that. Of course, a lot of folks (myself included) migrated to a closed FB sightings group since scalpers on the TFW version of the board were taking advantage of posted info

Edited by Octavius Prime, 21 April 2020 - 08:12 AM.

#35 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10365 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:13 AM

I have an account at TFW, but rarely go there.  I mainly just post items I'm selling on eBay, or pictures of my customs, which I haven't done in a few years.

#36 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:48 AM

I've been a a TFW member since 2002, but I felt the rot started to set in when the renewed G1 focus of the MP line and "3rd Party" really started to draw in a lot of new members who were ignorant or dismissive of the two decades+ of the franchise that occurred since they checked out in 1986. 

I joined here in 2013 and steadily started to check out over there. I appreciated that there were a lot of people here who were generally more knowledgeable about the nerdy minutia of the franchise.

In 2002? Wow the site is older then I thought. I assume it start like in 2005 or 2006.

#37 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8914 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:41 PM

95a.gif

#38 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1101 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

In 2002? Wow the site is older then I thought. I assume it start like in 2005 or 2006.

My profile has a join date of 2002 as well, but as I said I did not join TFW2005.

According to this post here, TFW originally started in 2000 and TFD in 2002. I do not know when TFD merged into TFW before (apparently) splitting again.

https://www.tfw2005....7/#post-1644078

jBU1ixT.jpg

#39 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4269 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

My profile has a join date of 2002 as well, but as I said I did not join TFW2005.

According to this post here, TFW originally started in 2000 and TFD in 2002. I do not know when TFD merged into TFW before (apparently) splitting again.

https://www.tfw2005....7/#post-1644078

Huh, I was on Transfandom, so maybe that's how I was enrolled in TFW. I really can't recall anymore, and I was far less active in forums back then; mostly there for news rather than discussion. I kind of checked out of active discussion for a while after Ben Yee shut down his forums (for the second and final time, I think?).

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#40 B-Fox

B-Fox
  • Citizen
  • 404 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:12 PM

Unsolicited Opinions On TFW2005: The Thread

MAH GEEWUN/MAH EYEDEEDUBBYA GOSPEL COMICS. The new eternal struggle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users