Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

Photo

The Pandemic Panic Thread - Get Your Breathing Masks and Hunker Down for the CoronaVirus!

3106 replies to this topic

#3081 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 11020 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:58 PM

The synthetic mRNA used in the most successful COVID vaccines thus far is so delicate it has to be stored at ludicrous temperatures for transport/etc. prior to injection. And to protect it in the vaccine itself, it needs to be encased in lipid nanoparticles (kind of like tiny encapsulating oil drops) so it isn't just immediately destroyed upon entering your body and survives long enough to slip inside your muscle cells. I doubt it could exist in an aerosolized form long enough for anyone to inhale it, and I'm not even sure inhaling it would work. It needs to be able to enter enough of your body's cells to be transcribed and create the replica spike proteins in sufficient enough numbers for your immune system to respond.

I guess you might be able create an aerosolized viral vector vaccine by using a modified version of an existing airborne virus as the carrier (instead of the modified adenoviruses used for the AstraZeneca and other viral vector vaccines), but even ignoring the ethical dilemma of medicating people with things against their will (even if it's for their own good), that sounds like the beginning of zombie apocalypse film and I'm sure there are so many ways that could go biologically sideways that are too awful to even think about.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 12 May 2021 - 05:59 PM.

#3082 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3469 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:24 PM

CDC planning to drop the mask requirement (mandate? Suggestion? Take your pick) for fully vaccinated adults. Also the fact that my sons age bracket is now eligible, the last piece to this mess is my daughter. Im not sure whether to cheer this news or be apprehensive since so many places are lifting mandates anyway, yet my daughter (who almost died at birth from PPHN) will be unvaccinated through the summer.

Should she still wear a mask, even though the science says it doesnt protect her?
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#3083 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44827 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:39 PM

Your daughters best defence until she's vaccinated is your family. Wash your hands, keep your distance, stay home as much as you can. Continue to follow the pandemic guidelines until she's had her jab, and even then: keep it up for a few weeks after.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#3084 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5360 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

The relaxed guidelines are based on very optimistic assumptions about vaccination rates and herd immunity. They're probably still only concerned about keeping hospitals from being overcrowded, not so much on keeping you and your family, in particular, from getting sick.

Masks are still an order of magnitude more effective than the best vaccines. You only have a tiny chance of getting in an accident any given time you get into your car, but you still wear a seat belt every time, yes?

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#3085 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18524 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:38 AM

The best comparison to the lifting and ignoring of restrictions I have found is also medically related. Anti-biotics. You keep taking them until they are gone, you don't stop because you feel better after three days when it's a seven day supply. You're better than you were, but you're still sick. You have to finish treatment.

As a country we might be doing better but we're still sick and as a planet...oh boy.

The lifting of this mandate is going to make no maskers suddenly respect an agency they have been ignoring for over a year. It will be their new gospel.. Anti maskers tried to use their fake medical excuses to not wear masks before, now they can say they are vaccinated and the cdc said this was fine. This will make them more indignant because how *dare* you accuse them of not being vaccinated. Isn't that what you wanted, liberals!? Nevermind the fact the cdc guidance also says you should still follow ordinances set by businesses themselves. Their listening begins and ends at "no mask".

Thank you CDC for making everyone who works with the public's experience even worse. Hopefully vaccination numbers start picking up. Hopefully this isn't premature. Be real stupid to have the virus linger and mutate enough to render all our vaccines and hard work useless.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#3086 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5360 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:40 AM

Maybe the CDC is going for reverse psychology. Lifting the restrictions early in the hopes that the anti-mask crowd will be like "Crooked Biden says it's safe to go around without masks now? Yeah, right! I'm going to keep mine on 24/7 now just to own the libs!"

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#3087 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44827 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, the intersection of "shit will do to own the libs" and "shit they actually want to do" is smaller than most think. They got the okay to take off the masks: off they go. Because they will happily "listen" to a government agency if it means they get to do what they want.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#3088 TrnsfrmGod

TrnsfrmGod

Home

• Supporter
  • 4597 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, the intersection of "shit will do to own the libs" and "shit they actually want to do" is smaller than most think. They got the okay to take off the masks: off they go. Because they will happily "listen" to a government agency if it means they get to do what they want.

Something something something Confirmation Bias, something something

#3089 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Follow your heart, let it guide you through the dark

• Supporter
  • 50726 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:01 PM

These are the same people hoarding gasoline in trash bags in their trunk because they think there's a fuel shortage coming. Frankly, nothing the CDC says will matter. Stupid can't be cured that easily.

#3090 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 14009 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:07 AM

How to explain viruses to PROUD and MASCULINE conservatives:

A virus is basically a rapist that gets your body pregnant in order to give birth to as many virus babies as possible, and then uses you to introduce its grown up rapists children to other people to get them pregnant as well.

Do you want to get pregnant?

Edited by Nevermore, 15 May 2021 - 08:08 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#3091 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 50726 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:20 AM

Just call them weak cowards for being afraid of the needle. But hey, if they're not man enough to deal with the side-effects, they can keep being wimps.

#3092 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49671 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:27 AM

So Walmart's lifting its Employee Mask mandate on Tuesday for the fully vaccinated.

On one hand, I'm thrilled to finally take my mask off after a year.

On the other hand, I now have to retrain my face to have the Customer Service Smile after a year of not having to worry about it.

#3093 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18524 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:56 AM

I kind of wish covid eliminated the fake smile.

No thanks.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#3094 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 50726 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:40 PM

I once got in trouble at Target for describing my customer service voice as baby talk for boomers.

#3095 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6566 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:49 AM

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers really are garbage people

#3096 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5360 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:55 AM

Can we just... like... kill them?

I'm serious. I look at shit like this and I see them not as fellow people but as rabid animals that need to be put down. Reading this makes me want to reach through the screen and strangle every last one of them.

#3097 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36690 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:22 AM

My dad, who doesn't want to get the vaccine, told me he was identifying as a "transvaxxite" yesterday.

"Sounds pretty queer to me" was my reply.

He didn't like that.

#3098 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 14009 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:52 AM

If these clowns get sick, tell them that they should identify as transhealthy.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#3099 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34416 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:27 PM

My dad, who doesn't want to get the vaccine, told me he was identifying as a "transvaxxite" yesterday.

"Sounds pretty queer to me" was my reply.

He didn't like that.

Diabolical.jpg

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#3100 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49671 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:29 PM

I remain baffled at opposing the vaccine.

If it was dangerous, the rich and powerful wouldnt have been the first to get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users