Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 April 2021 - 08:33 PM)

One of my two local TRUs will stock exactly ONE titan at a time. It usually ends up "clearanced" for about 20 bucks off cause no one is willing to pay for at full price OR discounted.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Most stores don't seem to want to stock Commanders or Titans, never mind Unicron.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 April 2021 - 07:55 PM)

I wonder if Unicron going to crowdfuning wasn't just a price issue but also stores not wanting to stock and transport something so huge.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:47 PM)

It is, although this thing could also be considered a STEM educational tool

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:33 PM)

Doesn't change the fact that, for most people, $700 is a pretty hefty investment for a toy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:17 PM)

I dunno, $700 doesn't seem that bad for what it does. Some of those Masterpiece figures seem to go for at least half that price, and they don't have any actual robots or even electronics.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 05:35 PM)

Not to mention wallet-shattering.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (11 April 2021 - 04:30 PM)

It's a jargon-shattering figure.

@  Kalidor : (10 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

The licensed Optimus Prime that transforms itself is the appropriate usage of the term "Third Party"

@  Donocropolis : (10 April 2021 - 08:24 AM)

That Optimus isn't built by Hasbro, only licensed. The company that makes it has been making similar robots for years, so no crowdfundng required.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 08:05 AM)

Apparently they're selling one for 74 and a half thousand dollars.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 April 2021 - 08:01 AM)

We could write boston dynamics and ask?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM)

Granted, I'm not sure how much robots with elaborate movement tend to go for.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:56 AM)

I think with actual robotics it was easier to justify selling it at a high cost, compared to an unusually large action figure.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 April 2021 - 05:06 AM)

It is a very impressive display of robotics though.

@  tigerhawk : (10 April 2021 - 04:52 AM)

What were they thinking with that self transforming Optimus? should have been another crowd funder for that price.

@  tigerhawk : (08 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

I wish they'd rerelease Earthrise Ramjet and Dirge.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 April 2021 - 03:04 PM)

Yay! optimus primal just arrived. So now there's... nothing for me to look forward to till scorponok drops... hmmm, I didn't think this through properly...

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2021 - 04:26 PM)

It's an older title which recently got a remake so...

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 April 2021 - 01:10 PM)

Ah yes- I think I've heard of that game before. I may be thinking about something else though.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2021 - 08:03 AM)

It's a video game. You get hired to revive and restore a series of derelict space stations.

@  tigerhawk : (07 April 2021 - 07:05 AM)

I've got no idea what that is but yes.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2021 - 06:34 AM)

so... literally the plot to startopia.

@  tigerhawk : (07 April 2021 - 02:32 AM)

Maybe if the Interstellar Alliance collapsed after the big burn and a 'benefactor' repurposed a space station as a commerce one. Oh wait...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Babylon 6?

@  Donocropolis : (06 April 2021 - 11:49 AM)

I'd rather have a Toilet Seat: TNG sequel series than an actual reboot. If something was done well the first time, don't give us the same-thing-but-worse, just give us something new on that bowl..

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2021 - 10:19 AM)

Context: my parents had the bathroom redone about a year ago (actually, almost exactly a year ago, as the project was about 4 days from complete and was interrupted by the first pandemic lockdown.). The ridiculous, fancy toilet seat they purchased has since develloped cracks in it and needs to be returned. Dad simply could not get the seat off himself... and see previous shout.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2021 - 10:17 AM)

How to ruin somesones day with one question: Let someone work on a problem for about an hour and a half on their own, come to the realization they need an extra set of hands, ask for help, show you the problem and outright difficulty of it: then ask them "Hey, what does this button do?" and literally solve the two man dilema without doing any work.

@  Dekafox : (06 April 2021 - 09:22 AM)

As far as the TNT move, all of Season 5 was basically epilogue, which didn't help - when it looked like things were ending at Season 4 JMS tried to cram all the major plot threads for his original Season 4 and 5 plan into Season 4, which didn't leave them as much to work with for Season 5. Then TNT totally screwed with Crusade and got it killed before it got a chance to hit the real plot and nothing else really resonated enough to get a series push. A Crusade revival would be the best "B5:TNG" option IMO.

@  electricidad : (06 April 2021 - 08:55 AM)

Peak B5 was the first six episodes of season 4. EVERYTHING CAME TO A HEAD.

@  Kevin S : (06 April 2021 - 08:50 AM)

Generally, I think once B5 moved to TNT things went downhill. The sets didn't look as good (maybe due to ill use of better lighting) and I wasn't always as impressed with casting (Sheridan's new 2nd just didn't work). The movies had decent ideas, but I felt there was something off in the execution. Wonder if TNT pushed for different directors that weren't as familar with B5.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2021 - 08:42 AM)

Did the follow up movies do that badly, or does the creator simply feel like his story was told and refuses to allow more content?

@  Donocropolis : (06 April 2021 - 08:23 AM)

I'd rather have a B5: TNG sequel series than an actual reboot. If something was done well the first time, don't give us the same-thing-but-worse, just give us something new in that world.

@  tigerhawk : (06 April 2021 - 01:26 AM)

A reboot would probably be ruined by meddling and different visions anyway. 

@  Echowarrior : (05 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

JMS wrote about half of the first season, a little over half of the second, all of the third and fourth, and all but one episode from the fifth. Given he was also the creator and executive producer, him having so much creative control was likely a condition for getting the show made. Shame he didn't have it for Crusade.

@  Dekafox : (05 April 2021 - 08:44 AM)

They also had JMS write every single script bar maybe 2 or 3? That was another big part of how well it hangs together. Do you think any studio would do that nowadays?

@  tigerhawk : (05 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Let it be the first all AI acted series.

@  Echowarrior : (04 April 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Yeah, but would the reboot be as good as the original? B5 had a damn good cast, and they can't replicate that easily.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2021 - 04:33 PM)

One day they'll let a streaminbg service reboot B5 and let the stories be told without the sword of Damocles hanging over them at all times.

@  tigerhawk : (04 April 2021 - 02:32 PM)

It's aged in the set piece areas.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 April 2021 - 02:22 PM)

I don't remember much of B5... I take it we're not talking about cathode ray tubes...

@  tigerhawk : (04 April 2021 - 11:45 AM)

Babylon 5 CRT tech.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2021 - 06:13 PM)

Bloody hell, thanks for the heads up.

Photo

The Pandemic Panic Thread - Get Your Breathing Masks and Hunker Down for the CoronaVirus!

3044 replies to this topic

#1 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21596 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:53 AM

Well, I think its time this gets its own thread.

As you are probably aware by now, the creeping specter of the inevitable mortality we all face has a new form in the widespread Corona Virus. This flu busted out of China, has taken out Irans leadership, closed Japan and is now knocking on Americas door. As the stock market plummets, Trump denies anything is wrong, and whistleblowers report that the virus may already be spreading in the US unseen.

So, heres some facts:

https://www.cdc.gov/...t/symptoms.html

Major Symptoms are: Fever, Cough and Shortness of Breath
Symptoms may appear as soon as 2 days, or as long as two weeks after exposure.
Best prevention is standard anti-sick care: Wash your hands, disinfect, be wary.

Currently on the Do Not Travel list for widespread community contagion:
China
Japan
Iran
Italy
South Korea

Post your news, stock market watches and more here.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#2 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21596 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:59 AM

Heres the big story:

https://www.washingt...tleblower-says/

A HHS Whistleblower says workers without protected gear assisted Coronavirus evacuees in the same place where the first community spread case was found. If this is true, then it looks like this will be the source of the outbreak in the US. Its also likely why the Stock Market has now dropped 1000 points again today...

ty3jHaa.jpg

#3 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14147 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

official White House policy is to... just ignore it because you're upsetting the stock market.

Or it could just be a hoax to take out Donald.

https://www.cnbc.com...lm-markets.html

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#4 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17406 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

Breaking news from the CDC:

There's a man going round, taking names.

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19095 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:44 AM

This is useful information. I work at a pharmacy and we haven't had any kind of information passed to us about Corona, despite frequent calls from our patients about it.

I'll be passing along advice as much as I can. I'm in contact with a lot of people at risk in my prescription delivery job and knowing what's actually going on is critical. People like me are front and center for potential infections/contamination, we need to know how to prevent transmission.

nzo8WYb.png

#6 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21596 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

This is useful information. I work at a pharmacy and we haven't had any kind of information passed to us about Corona, despite frequent calls from our patients about it.

I'll be passing along advice as much as I can. I'm in contact with a lot of people at risk in my prescription delivery job and knowing what's actually going on is critical. People like me are front and center for potential infections/contamination, we need to know how to prevent transmission.

Thank you for being competent!

Unlike... this guy...

https://twitter.com/...7286211585?s=21

ty3jHaa.jpg

#7 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2264 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:49 AM

There's some relevant infographics compiled here: https://imgur.com/gallery/UpNc6cS

There's relevant text information included, otherwise I'd just drop the pictures here.

#8 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44628 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:04 PM

Wash your hands, take your vitamins, wear a n95 respirator mask when dealing with people whom have flu like symptoms. Other than that: don't panic, don't over work yourself, and don't wear down your immune system. 4 out of five cases only present mild symptoms.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 28 February 2020 - 12:05 PM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#9 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34256 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:07 PM

Adjusting my P&R resignation to make an exception to this thread. Honestly, this shouldn't even need to BE in P&R.

It bears mentioning that bad cases of COVID-19 present as pneumonia. 

My concern is for people with compromised immune-systems, or persistent respiratory issues. My girlfriend is currently undergoing Chemotherapy for stage-3 breast-cancer, and thus, she is immunocompromised. My wife and my metamour's daughter both have respiratory issues. As such, my concern is for them. I'm not particularly worried about myself, save for the fact that I could end up being a carrier of I contract the virus, even if I remain asymptomatic. 

My other concern isn't that its going to necessarily kill a shit-ton of people, because I honestly don't think it will. However, it may threaten to knock a lot of people on their ass for 2-3 weeks if they come down with it, and if enough people are at home sick (which, face it, they SHOULD be...but you know how that goes here in the US of A), it could cause more economic hardships. Production and distribution are all already under tremendous strain thanks to the outbreak in China.

Edited by CORVUS, 28 February 2020 - 12:15 PM.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#10 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21596 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, exactly. If I get the virus, Ill be fine. If my folks get the virus, theyll have a bad time but probably be fine. If my 92 year old grandfather gets the virus...

Well, I dont want to think about it.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#11 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36621 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

I'm on immunosuppressant medication for Crohn's so if I catch this y'all are invited to the funeral.

#12 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35307 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

Type II Diabetic on a bunch of meds so same.

#13 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44628 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

Mom literally started a preventative chemo regimen yesterday. I wish they would do a better job of defining "compromised immune systems".

So, any of you jerks rich enough to host an open bar at the funeral?

#14 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6765 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Mom literally started a preventative chemo regimen yesterday. I wish they would do a better job of defining "compromised immune systems".

So, any of you jerks rich enough to host an open bar at the funeral?

Im not remotely rich but Id be happy to loot some fancy booze for you.

#15 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19095 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

Wash your hands, take your vitamins, wear a n95 respirator mask when dealing with people whom have flu like symptoms. Other than that: don't panic, don't over work yourself, and don't wear down your immune system. 4 out of five cases only present mild symptoms.
See, it's not so much me I'm worried about, but the literal hundreds of patients I deliver medicine to, most of whom are, by the nature of the service, isolated, sick and/or elderly and often cannot leave their home of their own accord.

Like, a portion of them live in medical/retirement facilities and have round the clock nurses to watch over them, but the majority are poor or have no close family or otherwise have no real contact with the outside world other than my monthly visits.

I have a duty as a medical care provider, even as lowly as my station may be, to make sure I'm not only not sick myself, but also not unwittingly making others sick. Especially when so many of them are vulnerable.

nzo8WYb.png

#16 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21596 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

If you want to sleep tonight, dont read this thread:

https://twitter.com/...1740613634?s=21

And as someone who spent several years at a Pizza Joint, I can absolutely confirm. Our biggest danger isnt just the flu, its the unsanitary work culture of our low income service people.

One McDonalds or Starbucks worker gets it, and an entire town gets it.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#17 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44628 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

By taking care to ensure YOU don't get sick, you add a layer to their defence as well. At least they don't catch it from you.

#18 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3528 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

I’m a bit concerned for family members (my sister particularly, who suffers from a brain tumour) and myself a bit (I have a asthma of some description) if this whole thing ends up as the worst case scenario.

Of course I also fear a global mega-recession caused by the pandemic, and my own country’s ultra right-wing government using the virus outbreak as an excuse to whip up further xenophobia.

#19 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19095 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

By taking care to ensure YOU don't get sick, you add a layer to their defence as well. At least they don't catch it from you.

Right, I'm not questioning that. That's obvious.

But we've had lots of people asking about it and worried. With the president suppressing information on Corona, there's a real risk of rampant spread, regardless of personal hygiene.

If I can do more on my rounds to not just protect myself, but help educate and inform the people I provide care for, it will do a lot more for everyone in the long run.

To my knowledge, we've not had any data handed our way about Corona. It may not seems like it at first thought, but pharmacies are ideal places to disseminate disease prevention programs. The sooner information is available to the public, the better, the faster it can be dealt with and the more mitigated the effects can be.

We need to start now, not when we have 1 in 4 patients coming in with prescriptions to fight it.

nzo8WYb.png

#20 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9993 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users