Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

Photo

Season 3 Episode 26 "The Other One"

16 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

"The Autobots and Decepticons confront The Other One, a powerful being from another universe."

Episode Discussion.

ACItEK8.png

#2 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 257 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

A fun episode, but a bit lacking in the ending, I get the feeling there'll be a sequel series. One of the writers even urged non-UK fans to try and wait to watch the show legally, for a variety of reasons, that'd be weird if this is the end of the Cyberverse continuity right?

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

The Optimus who emerges from the Optimus pillar inside Megatron's Matrix seems to imply that he died a long time ago back in his universe, which could mean that the thirteenth pillar is merely reserved for the most recent Prime instead of suggesting Cyberverse Optimus to be one of the ancient Thirteen like Aligned Optimus is.

The Tarn lookalikes are called "Perfect Decepticons", and are what Megatron would have created with the AllSpark and Vector Sigma if the Autobots hadn't stopped him back in "Battle for Cybertron". Apparently, "The Other One" was more successful in his universe.

"The Other One" is larger, black-colored Megatron who murdered his Optimus early one before the war had even begun, took his Optimus's Matrix, and exterminated the Autobots of his universe millennia ago.

The end credits name him "Megatron X".

Okay, I get what they were trying to do with this finale, but with it only being two episodes long, I feel that it didn't have the time it needed for things to really matter and for their weight to really sink in. Everything just felt so fast and kinda rushed that this finale really needed to be a three- or four-parter to get the full effect of its intentions. As is, it's just kinda hollow with how quick everything became. Not bad, but not great either. And certainly not as great as most of the season overall has been.

Edited by Sabrblade, 27 February 2020 - 05:41 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

It was definitely a rushed ending, but I think it works as an ending. Windblade's psychic troubles are solved and we get the implication that Cybertron will be smooth sailing for now (i mean Shadow Striker, Skybyte and Soundwave are there with Windblade in the end, would be weird to invite them otherwise)

#5 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 983 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:01 AM

So, uh, did our Megatron die or not?

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

So, uh, did our Megatron die or not?

Yes. He went offline when he spoke that TFTM quote, dying before he could say the word "fall".

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

D-did he? Because after he says that he is still animated "breathing" struggling and I'm pretty sure he grunted while the Matrix was taken from hm.

#8 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

D-did he? Because after he says that he is still animated "breathing" struggling and I'm pretty sure he grunted while the Matrix was taken from hm.

Re-watching the scene, you're right. I missed those little movements and noises he made during my first viewing.

But, once the Matrix is removed from his body and he drops to the ground, he remains silent and motionless, optics closed, and all of the lights on his body go completely dark. So, make of that what you will.

#9 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6455 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:03 AM

I liked how they used 'Tarn' in this, he was just a mask for Glitch/Demus in IDW so his form being a Decepticon trooper standard for Megatron X was great. I do wonder if this was a Vehicon thing and that each 'Tarn' contained the sparks of the Decepticons.

It was a rush job but I enjoyed this finale, the world building of the last nine episodes has been fantastic. It was great seeing the Quintessons in TF fiction again too.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#10 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:48 AM

I do wonder if this was a Vehicon thing and that each 'Tarn' contained the sparks of the Decepticons.

I doubt it. It was implied the Perfect Decepticons were what our Megatron was going to create from the AllSpark and Vector Sigma back in "Battle for Cybertron", meaning that they would have been all new creations given their own power sources by the AllSpark.

#11 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44192 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:51 AM

Hes dead, Jim.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#12 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3064 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

So binged watched the last two seasons, it's been a wild ride.

Despite the initial Evergreen Bumblebee Movie impression, the show took some crazy turns, explored things I'd never expected to see, didn't shy away from shaking up the status quo, added some fun new characters, reimagined some old ones in cool ways, brought in some surpring faces, and overall became a TF show I was actually excited to watch. And I'm disappointed this is the end.

But it had quite a few issues, perhaps the biggest being the short episode times. Plots don't have time to breathe -- something worth focusing on will happen, but the show immediately jumps to the next thing. While I appreciate the willingness to go in bold new directions, the shifts can be so abrupt I feel like I've somehow skipped episodes, and again there's the problem of the show dropping something interesting for something new (remember Megatron livestreaming a fake eulogy for Starscream to the human race?). Plus, the story really only begins to get good during Season 3.
Characterization also tended to be kinda poor. The show cycles around an ensemble cast with mediocre, generic voice acting and very few shorthand quirks, meaning a lot of characters feel less than one-dimensional. Which really hurts when so many of the characters are fan favorites (poor Lockdown). 

#13 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:59 AM

Wish that each episode last about 22 minutes.
You will never take me alive!

#14 blueskyscribe

blueskyscribe
  • Citizen
  • 259 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

I'm going to miss this crazy show, I wish it had gotten renewed for another season!  It wasn't perfect--plot threads were set up and never picked up again--but I loved its scope, its world-building, and the exploration of Cybertron.  There were so many little things I loved--Astrotrain being so massive he could just ignore attacks from normal bots, the exploration of the "sea" in the Dweller of the Depths episode, Maccadams, Maccadams being A FREAKING TITAN, even mundane things like "this is the TF's favorite sport, it's called Cube!"

I hope we get another Cybertron-centric series soon, it was a nice break from "Well, here we are on Earth, saving Earth again."

Also wild to think they made it all the way through the series without a single human sidekick.  I'm trying to remember the last time that happened.  Beast Machines?

#15 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36717 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

This season felt really disjointed. Battle for Cybertron feels like it should have been last season, that way we get another big shake up with The Loop as the season premier. That would have been great as a whole season, and The End of the Universe feels more fitting for a season ender. But it keeps going where we get some decent world buildign, but also get all these new characters shoved in last second, that it feels like they HAD to include them so cut short the Quintesson occupation arc so that we could have these new characters. It honestly would have been better if they'd actually been building up to Megatron X, other then a few vague mentions of him and then just really rush his appearance and threat. It feels like we got a very truncanted season 4 shoved in after the Quintesson arc. For a series finale it just feels weak with nothing really developing.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#16 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

Also wild to think they made it all the way through the series without a single human sidekick.  I'm trying to remember the last time that happened.  Beast Machines?

TV-wise, yes. Webshows are another case.

#17 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18831 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:33 AM

Wow, I wonder how Megatron was even able to get Megatron X's Matrix from him in the first place.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users