Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

Photo

Transformers Valentine's Day Special 2020 Discussion

15 replies to this topic

#1 Salt-Man Z

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie

• Citizen
  • 7664 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

No discussion thread on this? I loved it. It was fantastic seeing Glyph and Tap-Out get a mainstream spotlight. JLaw's and Burcham's art was incredible. And the Cosmos story was cute.

I do have to say the cross-sells were hilarious in showing just how far behind schedule IDW has fallen, advertising "Next Month: #19" when we've just gotten #16, and the Galaxies Cliffjumper arc as "on sale now!"

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#2 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2766 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, this was very good.  Was pleasantly surprised to see Sara P-D co-wrote too in addition to drawing the back-up.  Straight-up Roche-in' that business!

#3 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17107 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

Bwah! I'm not sure I even remembered that existed. :D  

If the inmates weren't running the asylum, this would look kinda questionable.

Fanfic resonates precisely because it makes sense with what fans already knew - and SPD already knew about the potential for Cosmos and Blast-Off.

#4 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1936 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:16 PM

Cosmos and Soundwave will always be my OTP, but I really liked Cosmos and Blast Off's back-up story here. The lead story was also a lot of fun.

Edited by Sockie, 12 February 2020 - 08:16 PM.

#5 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7616 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

Annoyingly and inevitably, made me (AND YOU) want new Generations toys for Tap-Out and Glyph. Great to seeing Cosmos getting some love too.

Edited by Maruten, 13 February 2020 - 05:04 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#6 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10549 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

This was a cute little pair of stories. The Tap-Out/Glyph one I felt was a little truncated and the transition from best friends to romantic partners could have took a little more time to bake.

Cosmos continues to be the Autobot who gets the worst jobs, which is why he's one of my favorites. The interactions between him and Blast-Off are adorable, but this means I'm going to have to track down a Blast Off figure, which I don't relish.

Loved the huge picture of cameos from all across the TF spectrum.

Given issue #17 sounds like it'll be a climax and issue #18 is the start of a new arc, I wonder if they'll sub out #18 for this issue in the hardcover.

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 13 February 2020 - 05:15 PM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#7 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18397 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:17 PM

I really liked both stories, but if it hadn't been a Valentine's Day book, I never would have guessed the Cosmos story was supposed to be romantic.

#8 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 4085 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:48 PM

I liked this more than I thought I would. The Glyph/Tap-Out story was pretty nice and cute. Bit awkward to start with (the page where Tap-Out and Apeface begin fighting, then stop once no one's watching is poorly scripted, and it took me two or three times reading it before I understood what was happening). Also wasn't a fan of the block coloring... I don't mind it in theory (god knows it happened enough in the Marvel comics) but using it for characters in the foreground and who are actually talking felt weird. The way everyone was posed around Glyph when Nautica first showed up almost made me wonder if they were supposed to be holograms in a holodeck simulation or something. But yeah, after that things picked up and it finished stronger. And I appreciate them being true to their pre-existing characters.

The Cosmos one was okay, it just sorta ends. But the cameo shot is fun.

The Tap-Out/Glyph one I felt was a little truncated and the transition from best friends to romantic partners could have took a little more time to bake.

I might've been making too many assumptions based on the title, but I initially took the two of them to be newly dating, in the first stages of their relationship. With the 'work trip' being their first time spending a lot of time together and it moving things along to the next level.

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7616 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, I assumed they were already a robo-item.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

It was cute. 

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#11 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9139 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

Bwah! I'm not sure I even remembered that existed. :D  

If the inmates weren't running the asylum, this would look kinda questionable.

Fanfic resonates precisely because it makes sense with what fans already knew - and SPD already knew about the potential for Cosmos and Blast-Off.

Repowers? You wrote that Cosmos Blast Off friendship story? It's one of the first Transformers fanfics I got to read and I loved it for them just being sort of buddies but not. Thank you for writing it :)

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#12 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

I find it to be a sweet story.
You will never take me alive!

#13 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9139 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

So Glyph translates languages and Tap Out is a robot wrestler. Apt names for their roles. Does Apeface have any wrestling references in his background?

This is new continuity, different from Lost Light stuff? What's Nautica doing in an administrative level?

The Cosmos Blast Off story can be a prequel to Blast Off's relationship with Onslaught, if this was linked to the previous continuity.

Cosmos was the one looking for more of a connection while Blast Off is just looking for company. Meeting together, Blast Off probably realized his own feelings for Onslaught when Cosmos made a move on him. Probably ended like how the cover looked, Cosmos looking on as Blast Off leaves. Aw.

Hey, what this about Soundwave and Cosmos? Something happened during the Decepticon commune issues?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#14 Salt-Man Z

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie

• Citizen
  • 7664 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:56 AM

This is new continuity, different from Lost Light stuff? What's Nautica doing in an administrative level?

This is all in the new IDW continuity, completely unrelated to the old IDW continuity, all taking place pre-war. Nautica is something like the head xenorelations expert of the diplomatic corps. Glyph and Tap-Out were originally convention-exclusive characters from OTFCC 2001, more or less the same characters seen here.

Edited by Salt-Man Z, 16 February 2020 - 12:59 AM.

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#15 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:46 AM

Not gay enough.
Woooo!

#16 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:40 PM

Are we *sure* Cosmos isn't going to be floating around in pieces the next time we see him?
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users