Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers/My Little Pony: Friendship in Disguise! graphic novel

57 replies to this topic

#21 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41103 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:03 PM

And, of course, Facebook has erupted with comments of sweeping disapproval of this crossover, declaring it to be the worst thing ever. :D

The worst possible thing?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#22 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:55 PM

Someone on Seibertron asked if Cog and Sixgun could be in this so we could get Weaponized ponies.

I would be so down for that!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#23 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2529 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

I was always hoping for an "Infestation"-like crossover; Story starts in Pony Book 1, spreads into several 2-issue minis of various properties (Hasbro takes priority, but see if Trek, Ghostbusters, and Turtles are allowed to play), and concludes in Pony Book 2. The Pipe Dream being it's in continuity with the included properties , especially with G.I.Joe: ARAH JUST for the shitstorm the 'Fans' would cause.

And the marketing could've even played with the apprehension non-pony fans would have at a crossover like this.

"This Summer: Ponies....Ponies EVERYWHERE!"

But this is okay. I guess. Did it have to be G1? IDW2 G1? Not Rescue Bots? RiD15? Animated?

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#24 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44315 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:44 AM

No love for the G1 1980s ponies?

I mean, whats up with that?

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#25 Omnibus

Omnibus

Bracket-Om-Bracket

• Citizen
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:18 AM

Hopefully someone can convince Tom Scioli to do a follow-up to the end of Transformers vs G.I. Joe.

{Om}

#26 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60275 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

I posted about this on Twitter, but it was only in recent months did I learn that there were more generations of Ponies besides G1 and FiM. Some of them were pretty weird. 

I have such a limited time (and attention span) nowadays I'd rather watch this as an animated movie than read it in comic form. 

#27 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

G4 FIM is the first MLP generation with fiction that's actually well done, smart, and clever.

Edited by Sabrblade, 07 February 2020 - 09:57 AM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#28 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18781 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

Suck it, literally everyone who worked on MLP fiction before 2010.

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18180 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

I was a kid who had a little sister and, even her aside, would watch just about any cartoon on TV. I mean the boy-aimed ones were a lock but even Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, Jem, and so on I was absolutely up for.

I could not watch the G1 Pony toon. I havn't tried to watch it since the 80s, so I couldn't begin to tell you why it was unwatchable to me vs those other shows, but it absolutely was.

-ZacWilliam, had a cousin about six years younger than me however who was a G1 Pony Fanatic and had everything she could fit in her parents basement.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#30 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44315 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

My sister loved watching the My Little Pony Movie in the 1980s and since we only had one tv back then, I had to watch it as well. It was okay actually.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#31 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

I was a kid who had a little sister and, even her aside, would watch just about any cartoon on TV. I mean the boy-aimed ones were a lock but even Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, Jem, and so on I was absolutely up for.

I could not watch the G1 Pony toon. I havn't tried to watch it since the 80s, so I couldn't begin to tell you why it was unwatchable to me vs those other shows, but it absolutely was.

-ZacWilliam, had a cousin about six years younger than me however who was a G1 Pony Fanatic and had everything she could fit in her parents basement.

I was the same way.  Could never watch My Little Ponies.  I wonder if for a boy growing up in the 1980's it was too much of a "just for girls" thing.  That every other show at least had something that made it not fall into that category for me. 

ACItEK8.png

#32 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18781 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

#33 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27562 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

I vaguely remember actually kind of liking My Little Pony Tales as a kid.

By which I mean I think I'd recognize its theme song so I must have watched it more than once.

#34 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41103 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

Hasbro lost most of the names. So they're taking no chances with the names they currently have.

My sister loved watching the My Little Pony Movie in the 1980s and since we only had one tv back then, I had to watch it as well. It was okay actually.

I gave G1 a complete watch a couple years ago. It is not good, but it is sometimes unintentionally funny, and there are occasional moments that genuinely hold up. It often feels like a more accurate D&D cartoon than the actual D&D cartoon. Not more accurate to the lore, but more accurate to how campaigns actually turn out when played by a bunch of knuckleheads that don't know half the rules and are just winging it.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#35 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1959 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:10 PM

Hasbro lost most of the names. So they're taking no chances with the names they currently have..

Twilight Blast doesn't sound like a bad name, though it sounds more like a soft drink than a pony. Flutterblast on the other hand just doesn't work.

Edited by Dekafox, 07 February 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#36 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60275 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

I was the same way.  Could never watch My Little Ponies.  I wonder if for a boy growing up in the 1980's it was too much of a "just for girls" thing.  That every other show at least had something that made it not fall into that category for me. 

I think the problem with girl targeted shows back then was they weren't really about anything. It's like writers didn't know what to do with the subject matter

#37 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4286 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

I think the problem with girl targeted shows back then was they weren't really about anything. It's like writers didn't know what to do with the subject matter

If only their bad guys had an energy source of the week to steal.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Same with some of the token little girl characters in other shows. Compare original Webby from DuckTales 1987 to new Webby in DuckTales 2017. Or even original Webby with the likes of Gosalyn in Darkwing Duck and Pistol in Goof Troop, both of which came out only a few years after DuckTales.

#39 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2609 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

Funny Story, in vol 1 of My little pony friendship is magic the manga a day in the life of equestria I had planned for the character "Star Dancer" to be revealed to be a maximal, unfortunately the hasbro rep who was handling us changed hands and the new one requested that we change it to something else last minute.

#40 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11834 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:35 AM

And that's how Star Dancer became a Predacon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users