Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 March 2021 - 04:00 PM)

Cars without drivers? It must be the Autobots!

@  tigerhawk : (07 March 2021 - 01:41 PM)

With self driving cars we can now say: "There's no drivers in those cars! must be them Oregon robot invaders!"

@  Rycochet : (05 March 2021 - 02:33 PM)

Better than my techniqueccutting off the outside world entirely and curling up in bed for months, barely eating or doing anything but sleep.

@  electricidad : (05 March 2021 - 09:03 AM)

WandaVision's message: Dealing with grief? Curl up with a good book.

@  tigerhawk : (05 March 2021 - 06:21 AM)

There's more S.cots in Appalachia then Scotland.

@  Stepwise : (04 March 2021 - 09:07 PM)

Wonko - I'm really sorry - I've been in that spot where everything is falling apart at the same time.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Something seems to be up with Botcon

566 replies to this topic

#521 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41200 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:26 AM

I would love to see more of that concept art! And I am sure that I am not the only one!

Guys can we just enjoy the experience of Kinkade's Cottage Sunset Con? I mean yeah it might not be as fun or big as it was when it just Kinkcon, but I don't see why we should vilify it just because Kinkade made those tweets about being in support of the child detainment camps and other tweets about opposing any regulations on gun ownership.

*(this is satire regarding how far off-topic this post has become and I don't know what Kinkade's actually political views were)

Not to derail this thread, but I was unaware that Kinkade drank himself to death at the age of 58!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#522 Darknova4life

Darknova4life
  • Citizen
  • 1639 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

I like concept art that shows creative ideas and creative uses for unused or underused molds.  That's why I enjoyed so many of FP's exclusives through the years. I don't much care for that Deathsaurus concept.  I don't like racism.  I also don't like virtue signalling and shrill outrage/cancel culture.  I often struggle with whether I should--or even if I am capable of--separating a person from his/her creations.  I don't like Hitler.  My wife enjoys some Thomas Kincade art, so I am told that I like it, too. 

#523 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27962 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:44 AM

I have a hard time talking about virtue signaling.  It was once a useful term, but in an increasing number of circles it's rapidly going the way of "SJW," i.e. becoming code for "it's completely impossible that this is something worth caring about so the fact that you do means you're insane."

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#524 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18456 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

I automatically mentally translate all instances of those terms as:

Virtue Signaling = "I am awful and do not believe people being good or selfless or caring is possible and anyone appearing to be acting in those ways is faking/trying to scam someone."

SJW = "I want to be an asshat and/or racist and hate anyone attempting to respect and care about other humans feelings and well-being"

ZacWilliam, using either seriously is absolutely gonna put some one right in block/mute land.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 11 March 2020 - 02:01 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#525 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31466 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

I like how some people think 'cancel culture' is a more powerful thing than it actually is.

Like 99% of the time it just amounts to people on Twitter pointing out that someone has a history of racism/other bigotry and deciding to not involve themselves in things that person is involved in any more.

But with the way some people act about it, you'd think these people getting 'cancelled' are like losing their jobs and livelihood or something.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#526 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6421 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

I automatically mentally translate all instances of those terms as:

Virtue Signaling = "I am awful and do not believe people being good or selfless or caring is possible and anyone appearing to be acting in those ways is faking/trying to scam someone."

SJW = "I want to be an asshat and/or racist and hate anyone attempting to respect and care about other humans feelings and well-being"

ZacWilliam, using either seriously is absolutely gonna put some one right in block/mute land.

In the case of "virtue signaling", I think that even without knowing how and by whom the term is used in practice, there would still be no reasonable way it ever could be anything other than an accusation of not genuinely caring.

#527 Chimp Sausage

Chimp Sausage

The meat that will save us all

• Supporter
  • 4798 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:29 PM

The SJW are just people who want to sound righteous but don't actually live with the poor, work with the underprivileged, form relationships with the needy, or dedicate their lives to a cause. They are words, not actions. Middle class armchair superhero wannabes.

Go ahead and block me, Zacky. Another gutless, pointless do-gooder nothing-act to make you feel like you're saving the world.

#528 Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Lurking Lurker What Lurks

• Citizen
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:22 AM

The SJW are just people who want to sound righteous but don't actually live with the poor, work with the underprivileged, form relationships with the needy, or dedicate their lives to a cause. They are words, not actions. Middle class armchair superhero wannabes.

Well, that may be the most simplistic, gross generalization about other people and their opinions that I've read in quite a long time, at least on this board. I didn't realize you needed to provide a resume or CV of your professional or charitable good works (and hope they meet the required standards of nobility) in order to support a concept like social justice. I feel confident I'd slot right into your definition of SJW if all you knew was what I've posted about on boards where I've been less lurky. 

I mean, if I were making a similar simplistic, gross generalization, I'd say probably something about how everyone who has disgust and anger at random people online they arbitrarily decide to call "SJWs" would have to be filled with self-loathing and a massive sense of failure in their own personal life to project that sense onto people whose greatest crime seems to be the willingness to openly advocate for fairness and equality of opportunity in their society. I'd probably also say something about how desperately needy those people must be to feel superior to someone... anyone else in their life, that they'd demonize some anonymous person online for their temerity to openly advocate for a point of view contrary to their own.

But I don't like to make simplistic, gross generalizations about people, so I won't say that. All I will say is that I hope you someday find a way to work through your anger and hostility and let go of that bitterness you're wearing like a badge of honor. It doesn't help you or anyone else. 

#529 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19234 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:26 AM

If there's one thing I can confidently say about the internet, it's that there's no shortage of people who are desperately needy to feel superior to someone, and they are cosmopolitan in distribution across all demographics.

#530 Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Lurking Lurker What Lurks

• Citizen
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:32 AM

True.

#531 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31991 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

How come Starscream's helmet is red when ought to be black?

image5-1.jpg?fit=559%2C577&ssl=1

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#532 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2980 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

If there's one thing I can confidently say about the internet, it's that there's no shortage of people who are desperately needy to feel superior to someone, and they are cosmopolitan in distribution across all demographics.

Not true!  I do NOT have a superiority complex!  But if I did, it would be the BEST you would EVER see in the HISTORY OF MANKIND ITSELF!!!!

#533 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68624 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

How come Starscream's helmet is red when ought to be black?

image5-1.jpg?fit=559%2C577&ssl=1

I'm guessing that is an homage to the Headmaster.

ACItEK8.png

#534 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42580 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Yeah that's it exactly!

It's not really Starscream, but Masterson using Starscream's body.

#535 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3513 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:45 AM

I immediately got the epidode reference, but it took me a minute to remember what the original toy was.

#536 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20235 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Go ahead and block me, Zacky. Another gutless, pointless do-gooder nothing-act to make you feel like you're saving the world.

Uh oh, looks like it's time for someone to head back to the incel sub-Reddit. :D

What? Big talk behind a keyboard can go BOTH ways? Whodathunkit?

Edited by Dake, 13 March 2020 - 09:59 AM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#537 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18456 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:59 AM

The funny thing is he was already blocked for shitty behavior a while back so I never saw the post till people quoted.

-ZacWilliam, Yay the asshat exclusion system works. :)
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#538 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1563 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

Uh oh, looks like it's time for someone to head back to the incel sub-Reddit. :D

What? Big talk behind a keyboard can go BOTH ways? Whodathunkit?

Incels tend not to have children.  Because of the whole celibacy thing.

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#539 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20235 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

Has Ham spawned? I honestly haven't been paying attention but just wanted to play along. I thought we were pretending to be big shots anonymously from the safety of our basements (or in my case - upstairs toy room). :D

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#540 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41200 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

All right folks. Let's keep it on topic.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users