Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Something seems to be up with Botcon

561 replies to this topic

#521 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40583 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:26 AM

I would love to see more of that concept art! And I am sure that I am not the only one!

Guys can we just enjoy the experience of Kinkade's Cottage Sunset Con? I mean yeah it might not be as fun or big as it was when it just Kinkcon, but I don't see why we should vilify it just because Kinkade made those tweets about being in support of the child detainment camps and other tweets about opposing any regulations on gun ownership.

*(this is satire regarding how far off-topic this post has become and I don't know what Kinkade's actually political views were)

Not to derail this thread, but I was unaware that Kinkade drank himself to death at the age of 58!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#522 Darknova4life

Darknova4life
  • Citizen
  • 1639 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

I like concept art that shows creative ideas and creative uses for unused or underused molds.  That's why I enjoyed so many of FP's exclusives through the years. I don't much care for that Deathsaurus concept.  I don't like racism.  I also don't like virtue signalling and shrill outrage/cancel culture.  I often struggle with whether I should--or even if I am capable of--separating a person from his/her creations.  I don't like Hitler.  My wife enjoys some Thomas Kincade art, so I am told that I like it, too. 

#523 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27552 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:44 AM

I have a hard time talking about virtue signaling.  It was once a useful term, but in an increasing number of circles it's rapidly going the way of "SJW," i.e. becoming code for "it's completely impossible that this is something worth caring about so the fact that you do means you're insane."

#524 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18166 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

I automatically mentally translate all instances of those terms as:

Virtue Signaling = "I am awful and do not believe people being good or selfless or caring is possible and anyone appearing to be acting in those ways is faking/trying to scam someone."

SJW = "I want to be an asshat and/or racist and hate anyone attempting to respect and care about other humans feelings and well-being"

ZacWilliam, using either seriously is absolutely gonna put some one right in block/mute land.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 11 March 2020 - 02:01 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#525 Princess Viola

Princess Viola

Lara not Laura

• Supporter
  • 30332 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

I like how some people think 'cancel culture' is a more powerful thing than it actually is.

Like 99% of the time it just amounts to people on Twitter pointing out that someone has a history of racism/other bigotry and deciding to not involve themselves in things that person is involved in any more.

But with the way some people act about it, you'd think these people getting 'cancelled' are like losing their jobs and livelihood or something.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#526 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 6198 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

I automatically mentally translate all instances of those terms as:

Virtue Signaling = "I am awful and do not believe people being good or selfless or caring is possible and anyone appearing to be acting in those ways is faking/trying to scam someone."

SJW = "I want to be an asshat and/or racist and hate anyone attempting to respect and care about other humans feelings and well-being"

ZacWilliam, using either seriously is absolutely gonna put some one right in block/mute land.

In the case of "virtue signaling", I think that even without knowing how and by whom the term is used in practice, there would still be no reasonable way it ever could be anything other than an accusation of not genuinely caring.

#527 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4667 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:29 PM

The SJW are just people who want to sound righteous but don't actually live with the poor, work with the underprivileged, form relationships with the needy, or dedicate their lives to a cause. They are words, not actions. Middle class armchair superhero wannabes.

Go ahead and block me, Zacky. Another gutless, pointless do-gooder nothing-act to make you feel like you're saving the world.

#528 Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Lurking Lurker What Lurks

• Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:22 AM

The SJW are just people who want to sound righteous but don't actually live with the poor, work with the underprivileged, form relationships with the needy, or dedicate their lives to a cause. They are words, not actions. Middle class armchair superhero wannabes.

Well, that may be the most simplistic, gross generalization about other people and their opinions that I've read in quite a long time, at least on this board. I didn't realize you needed to provide a resume or CV of your professional or charitable good works (and hope they meet the required standards of nobility) in order to support a concept like social justice. I feel confident I'd slot right into your definition of SJW if all you knew was what I've posted about on boards where I've been less lurky. 

I mean, if I were making a similar simplistic, gross generalization, I'd say probably something about how everyone who has disgust and anger at random people online they arbitrarily decide to call "SJWs" would have to be filled with self-loathing and a massive sense of failure in their own personal life to project that sense onto people whose greatest crime seems to be the willingness to openly advocate for fairness and equality of opportunity in their society. I'd probably also say something about how desperately needy those people must be to feel superior to someone... anyone else in their life, that they'd demonize some anonymous person online for their temerity to openly advocate for a point of view contrary to their own.

But I don't like to make simplistic, gross generalizations about people, so I won't say that. All I will say is that I hope you someday find a way to work through your anger and hostility and let go of that bitterness you're wearing like a badge of honor. It doesn't help you or anyone else. 

#529 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18766 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:26 AM

If there's one thing I can confidently say about the internet, it's that there's no shortage of people who are desperately needy to feel superior to someone, and they are cosmopolitan in distribution across all demographics.

#530 Doghouse Reilly

Doghouse Reilly

Lurking Lurker What Lurks

• Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:32 AM

True.

#531 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31054 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

How come Starscream's helmet is red when ought to be black?

image5-1.jpg?fit=559%2C577&ssl=1

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#532 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2522 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

If there's one thing I can confidently say about the internet, it's that there's no shortage of people who are desperately needy to feel superior to someone, and they are cosmopolitan in distribution across all demographics.

Not true!  I do NOT have a superiority complex!  But if I did, it would be the BEST you would EVER see in the HISTORY OF MANKIND ITSELF!!!!

#533 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67826 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

How come Starscream's helmet is red when ought to be black?

image5-1.jpg?fit=559%2C577&ssl=1

I'm guessing that is an homage to the Headmaster.

ACItEK8.png

#534 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42562 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Yeah that's it exactly!

It's not really Starscream, but Masterson using Starscream's body.

#535 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3244 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:45 AM

I immediately got the epidode reference, but it took me a minute to remember what the original toy was.

#536 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19855 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Go ahead and block me, Zacky. Another gutless, pointless do-gooder nothing-act to make you feel like you're saving the world.

Uh oh, looks like it's time for someone to head back to the incel sub-Reddit. :D

What? Big talk behind a keyboard can go BOTH ways? Whodathunkit?

Edited by Dake, 13 March 2020 - 09:59 AM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#537 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18166 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:59 AM

The funny thing is he was already blocked for shitty behavior a while back so I never saw the post till people quoted.

-ZacWilliam, Yay the asshat exclusion system works. :)
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#538 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1447 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

Uh oh, looks like it's time for someone to head back to the incel sub-Reddit. :D

What? Big talk behind a keyboard can go BOTH ways? Whodathunkit?

Incels tend not to have children.  Because of the whole celibacy thing.

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#539 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19855 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

Has Ham spawned? I honestly haven't been paying attention but just wanted to play along. I thought we were pretending to be big shots anonymously from the safety of our basements (or in my case - upstairs toy room). :D

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#540 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40583 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

All right folks. Let's keep it on topic.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users