Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers '84: Secrets and Lies miniseries

105 replies to this topic

#41 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

Anyway, that had nothing to do with your original complaint about "connecting it to some completely random character", which never actually happened. Easer to make stuff up so you can complain about it though.

Big Red having Hound's head is about as much connection as Majin Zarak having Zarak's name and nothing else in common, or Attacktix Thrust being freaking dimensionally displaced Animated Waspinator (yes, I get the Beast Machines reference, but that's pretty damn weak), so I'd say you're pretty wrong there.

Edited by Spark, 24 January 2020 - 11:09 AM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#42 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

I wrote the Majin Zarak one and Im not fond of it at all, but the connection there was cause pre-production materials indicated MegaZarak was originally planned to the antagonist of the theatrical special, which is why the Zarak name remains. Id get rid of the German text story bit though, that was bad. Also nobody complained when Sakamoto did it.

I think the Thrust one was bad as well but the whole point of that one was that he was an amalgation of all Thrusts; Beast Machines, Generation 1, Beast Wars II, and Revenge of the Fallen.

Theres thought put into the connections. You dont have to like them (Those two are certainly my least favorite entries), but I entirely take issue with the random aspect because its objectively false.

Edited by Jenny, 24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM.

#43 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27290 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

I mean, I complained when Sakamoto did it, but a lot of that was reactive.

#44 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

I wrote the Majin Zarak one and Im not fond of it at all, but the connection there was cause pre-production materials indicated MegaZarak was originally planned to the antagonist of the theatrical special, which is why the Zarak name remains. Id get rid of the German text story bit though, that was bad. Also nobody complained when Sakamoto did it.

I think the Thrust one was bad as well but the whole point of that one was that he was an amalgation of all Thrusts; Beast Machines, Generation 1, Beast Wars II, and Revenge of the Fallen.

Theres thought put into the connections. You dont have to like them (Those two are certainly my least favorite entries), but I entirely take issue with the random aspect because its objectively false.

That is literally as much connection as Big Red having Hound's head.  That's a direct visual connection, using a forgotten version of G1 Hound from the Armada opener, which is very much in line with AVP.  It was not an uneducated comment.

#45 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

Jetfire is definitely gonna be Shockwave's associate from pre-Earth Cybertron that Shockwave will be retconned to be rebuilding/recreating on Earth.  

Wasn't War Within heading for a direction of smart Marvel Grimlock having died on Cybertron so half Sunbow half Leprechaun Grimlock could be built later on?

I'm not even against it. Bring on Skyfire, Starscream's science bud who died before G1.

#46 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

That is literally as much connection as Big Red having Hound's head.  That's a direct visual connection, using a forgotten version of G1 Hound from the Armada opener, which is very much in line with AVP.  It was not an uneducated comment.

Love how the two examples you brought up literally had no visual connection, which is entirely what the crux of your crack relies on.

Anyway, say hi to Endo!

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Endo

#47 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:37 AM

Love how the two examples you brought up literally had no visual connection, which is entirely what the crux of your crack relies on.

Anyway, say hi to Endo!

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Endo

They relied on the most tenuous connections possible is and was and has been my point, visual, preproduction, or otherwise.

#48 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

If Majin Zarak was originally planned to be MegaZarak but was changed to be a completely unexplained monster who nonetheless shares his name for no evident reason, how is it "tenuous" to say "well, maybe he used to BE MegaZarak before becoming Majin Zarak"?

(Oh, and then Legends went and said "yeah, Majin Zarak is Headmasters Scorponok", so. Y'know. Evidently there was enough there for Sakamoto to make the same connection.)

Edited by Broadside, 24 January 2020 - 11:47 AM.

unknown.png

#49 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:54 AM

"So little thought went into this."

*gives detailed explanation as to why the ideas were chosen, including behind-the-scenes information and ideas from the original creators*

"You're wrong."

#50 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

I give.  You're going to defend your fanwank circlejerk till the end of time no matter where it gets mentioned, and pull up behind the scenes content (seriously, the mention of that MegaZarak preproduction material is a single post in 2015 here that I missed) that I honestly am not privy to nor was ever apparent in the original AVP entry, and I can think of few less fun things to do than dredging up AVP archives to counter whatever arguments you throw at me, so carry on.

#51 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

lol I literally said it was the question I like the least, and it's even one I wrote.

Edited by Jenny, 24 January 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#52 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

The funny thing is that she admitted those two specific entries sucked, but carry on.

Anyway. Big Red is Star Saber, we know this, yeah?

Edited by Broadside, 24 January 2020 - 12:04 PM.

unknown.png

#53 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9304 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

AVP is always going to be remembered more for the things it did badly than the things it did well because it was a barely-supervised Facebook Q&A with virtually no editorial oversight or true Hasbro approval that was only ever really discussed anywhere outside Facebook when it did something stupid, and getting personally offended because people don't like it isn't the way to live a happy life.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 24 January 2020 - 12:10 PM.

#54 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

But petty anger is the only emotion I'm capable of feeling.

unknown.png

#55 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

AVP is always going to be remembered more for the things it did badly than the things it did well because it was a barely-supervised Facebook Q&A with virtually no editorial oversight or true Hasbro approval that was only ever really discussed anywhere outside Facebook when it did something stupid, and getting personally offended because people don't like it isn't the way to live a happy life.

Probably not, but it's not like my life is going great anyways

Edited by Jenny, 24 January 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#56 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Anyway

I think some have missed that there's additional covers that are on the Pulse page:

https://i.shgcdn.com...uality/lighter/

Again, variant covers should never betaken as fact for what's going to happen, but, we potentially have Scorponok, Thunderwing, Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Fort Max showing up.

Anybody know whose silhouette that is in the first Roche cover?

#57 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2768 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

Anybody know whose silhouette that is in the first Roche cover?

Counterpunch?

Also, it's a little thing, but I LOVE the Yaniger-tongues in Roche's Dinobot cover.

Edited by Wildwade, 24 January 2020 - 12:43 PM.

#58 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

Ah, probably

#59 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1539 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

we potentially have Scorponok, Thunderwing, Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Fort Max showing up.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Can't wait for Fort Max to die horribly. Again.

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#60 Death's Head

Death's Head

A Very Tasty World

• Citizen
  • 2563 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Again, variant covers should never betaken as fact for what's going to happen, but, we potentially have Scorponok, Thunderwing, Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Fort Max showing up.

NO SIMON FFS

SMITH  Website | Blog | Brompton Rhodes | TwitterFlickr | Tumblr | Insta

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users