Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 June 2020 - 06:51 PM)

According to Roberts, soldiers can ignore the order to spare Whirl if he's directly threatening them. But mostly the DJD were out of their heads on Nuke and not really caring much at the time.

@  Xaaron : (28 June 2020 - 06:41 PM)

Also, they were hopped up on goofballs at the time.

Photo
- - - - -

Will we get a "Fan Vote" this Year?

45 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17805 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:52 PM

It came up online today that this is the day a couple years back that Hasbro started the Fan Vote for "Who will Be the next Prime?" Do you think we'll get one of these votes this year?

I have to say I enjoy the interaction and choice but it has felt like every year the polls have gotten a little less meaningful, involved and exciting.

We had:

1) Chose basically every aspect of a brand new feature character: Name, Sex, Personality, Powers, Faction, Altmode, Weapons, Colors all that stuff.

2) Create a new team of Combiners: Choose 6 from the available existing molds but pick name, powers, colors and some bio stuff.

3) Pick which of these Titan gets made next.

4) Pick which of these characters is the new Prime and gets a big new toy.

5) Pick which Pair of these deluxe "Good" and "Bad" characters that we almost certainly already have designs for and will likely happen soon anyway are definitely in next years line.

6) Pick which 1 of these handful of Deluxe "Bad Guy" characters, a number of which have had toys in recent memory, will be in next years line.

I mean don't get me wrong I want them to keep doing it in any capacity, but I sure miss the first two fan polls where it was really something special that fans shaped. I'd be more ok with the way things have gone the last two times if only their pre-selected choices were more creative and gave us choices at some characters that haven't had toys in a long time (or ever) and might be unlikely to get them outside of a Vote.

The "lessening" of the vote choices over time makes me feel like Hasbro might not have much enthusiasm for the idea anymore and maybe we won't get one this year, but I'd be very happy to be wrong.

-ZacWilliam, I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope we get one again this year, underwhelming or (hopefully) not.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Since Unicron is coming next year, I could maybe see Hasbro deciding that he's their "fan outreach" for 2021. Either that or whatever the Fan Vote is revolves around characters who'd be relevant to him.

#3 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

7) choose which of these g1 optimus primes we will automatically debit the cost of from your bank account

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67260 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:57 PM

I sure hope they do something.

That way I can get new character Skywarp, or combiner Skywarp, or Titan Class Skywarp, or Skywarpimus Prime...

ACItEK8.png

#5 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1130 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:01 PM

I feel like we should put this to a vote...?

Seriously, though, I think the problem is fans propensity to derail these kinds of votes. Give too much leeway, and we wind up with things like Erector in the Hall of Fame.

On the flip side, wait too long between the vote and the product releasing, and people lose interest. So cutting options to planned figures would also cut turnaround, hopefully maintaining some excitement for the vote.

After all, I think fan votes are more about publicity than actually finding out what fans think.

#6 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

I think Victorion is what killed it. The result of the fan poll being a high-investment boxset meant it shelfwarmed and probably put Hasbro off doing more "proper" Fan Builts.

unknown.png

#7 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2242 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

I dunno. Let's vote on it.

#8 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, I think any fan votes going forward will be along the lines of "Do you want THIS character or THIS character?" and that's it.  Victorion has been the only whole cloth fan-created character this team has done; Windblade was the previous team.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#9 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1364 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

After building a character from scratch, and choosing components of a combiner, what else new/creative could be done? I wouldn't want votes repeating the same process.

The PW votes were a little creative/appropriate for the theme of the year, so it might be nice to have something more "thematic" with the WFC votes than they have been.

Maybe vote on a weapon style(gun, sword, etc.) and a robot mode(humanoid or various animals) for a new Battlemaster in phase 3?

#10 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10546 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

Windblade's voting process was almost seven years ago. I would absolutely be down for doing a new fan vote, maybe locking it into being a Decepticon this time and setting them up as a rival for Windblade.

Definitely have noticed how the fan votes have gotten weaker and weaker as time has gone on. After "pick which one of these characters to come out (first)" I wouldn't be surprised if they bin the whole concept this year.

MSzBav1.jpg

#11 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

The design work is also running a little bit further ahead than it used to, which makes Windblade-style votes a little trickier.  Sometimes even regular fan polls come out feeling fairly half baked like Optimal Optimus, which is probably a consequence of less time to refine.

#12 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

With fan votes, I would be happier if they were doing them through the offical website than some other platform which feels more like them trying to alienate fans who can't access the platfom. If Hasbro & Takara do another fan vote, I suspect its likely to be for a deluxe sized figure to come out in the third part of their War for Cybertron series. When Victorion appeared online, I didn't like the paint job at all, even to this day I still don't like it, they could of used more common sense to break up the colour scheme more but clearly it was in short surply at the time, what I do like is what Takara did with the desgins so I got that over Hasbro's, then again I did the same with Computron & Bruticus, where I favored the better looking jobs.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#13 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4181 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:33 PM

In how many price points would you like Optimus Prime to appear in this year's line?

A) Two of them

B) Three of them

C) All of them

D) All of them and a Selects release

Edited by Vexwing, 23 January 2020 - 09:19 PM.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#14 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:02 PM

How many price points would you like Optimus Prime to appear in in this year's line?

A) Two of them

B) Three of them

C) All of them

D) All of them and a Selects release

Hasbro answer is obvious:

YES

For me, it depends, I am certainly going to get the leader OP that's coming out, looks like it be the best voyager Prime styled on G1 since the classics, thou my favourte voyager OP in resent years has been First Edition OP from the Prime toyline, its a mini masterpiece, didn't care much about the other voyager OP in the Prime RID line and I paid no attention to so called sequel series toyline as it didn't inspire me, thou I did get the three step OP as a gift for my nephew, thou I'm not sure if that counts or not? I kind of hope they do another Power Master OP and God Bomber, but I very much doult it as they seem primary focused on seasons 1 - rebirth of G1 than anything outside of it with the ocasonal visit to the Beast era of TF, then I would like to see the Transmetal desgins from Beast Wars given updates, just imagine BW Megatron actually having wheels to roll on in robot and Beast mode?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#15 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

Unless we get a poll with options that are as unexpected as someone like, say, Botanica or Xaaron, the current way the fan polls are just don't seem as interesting as they used to be.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#16 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19651 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

I think Victorion is what killed it. The result of the fan poll being a high-investment boxset meant it shelfwarmed and probably put Hasbro off doing more "proper" Fan Builts.

To be fair, they did do her color scheme in about the worst possible way. That being said - did she really shelf-warm any more than any other box set?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#17 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:28 AM

We'll get to pick the next Commander-Class toy, choosing between Needlenose, Needlenose, Needlenose and Needlenose.

#18 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 648 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

what i wanna see: fan built triple changer.  new character. we choose the two modes. and has/tak has to engineer the whole thing from scrach.

what we will probably get: which 1984 character from 1984 who already got several toys based on their 1984 design within the last 5 years will get another toy in a line based on 1984. because 1984 is the only year that hasbro wants people to remember. 1984.

#19 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1364 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Or harkening back to a Robotmasters contest, instead of a fan-vote, how about a re-deco contest. Given a few deluxe molds to choose from, fans can color in their proposed re-deco. After submissions, Hasbro chooses 10 and then a fan vote determines which one gets a Generations Selects release.

Faction/Character/Backstory could be done by the person submitting the re-deco and/or some of that could be voted on as well.

#20 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:35 AM

We'll get to pick the next Commander-Class toy, choosing between Needlenose, Needlenose, Needlenose and Needlenose.

I am half expecting the next poll to be:

1) Needlenose

2) Needlenose

3) You saw 1 and 2, right?

4) Please, why don't you love Needlenose?  Love him.  LOVE HIM.

5) Is it the name?  Well, we've trademarked Needlehonker and Noodlenose and Nevernude just in case!  Expect variants!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users