Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 03:59 PM)

Just use the hose.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 03:52 PM)

Ask bing. It'll be a FAR more effective answer.

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Google, how do I get those durned kids off my lawn?

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Please ignore.  Old man here apparently doesn't know the difference between the "Search" field and the "Shoutbox" field.

Also doesn't know how to delete from the shoutbox

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Valentine's day. Bummer.

Photo
- - - - -

The 2020 allspark fitness thread!

132 replies to this topic

#121 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7544 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:08 AM

What does your arm day routine look like?

I’m going to do intervals on the treadmill tonight. Couple of days ago it felt like I tweaked something in my hip and it was hurting down to my knees. I’ve been using the foam roller and a rolling stick that I have a long with taking ibprophen. Felt good the last 2 days. Then I’ll do some abs after that.

End of this month/challenge I, going to switch my routine up. I’ll run every other day. For my workouts I’m going to start doing more HIIT (High intensity interval training), AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) and Tabata (X amount of exercises for X amount of time with a 10 second break between exercises and a 1 min break between rounds. But it’s a set number of rounds unlike AMRAP) style workouts. Hopefully that will be enough to shock the body that I can break the plateau and drop more weight for biggest loser contest.

#122 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42765 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:04 AM

Well, yesterday turned into a very bad day. I managed to get a nice walk in during the morning, but it was miserably cold out. By early afternoon, I had a slight head ache. By dinnertime, it was a migraine, and a bad one. I wound up skipping dinner, and going to bed by 8. I was literally on and off all night, I remember dreaming (and some messed up dreams too.) and I remember being awake. I wound up getting up at midnight, and having some crackers and water because my stomach felt... square. It's the best description I can give. There's no head ache this morning, but everything else is sore and I am god awful tired.

Miles: 169.26 + 3.1 = 172.36
Uppers: 7,165
Lowers: 3,550
Core:  2,981

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#123 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

Square tummies? Aren't those abs? Kidding. You get better!

I gained back the 5lbs I lost earlier this month. I'm shaking my fist at you Valentine's! Darn you and your chocolates!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#124 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7544 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

Miles: 172.36 + 3.5 = 175.86
Uppers: 7,165
Lowers: 3,550
Core: 2,981 + 144 = 3,125

Treadmill sprint intervals. Knee started to hurt so I back off around the 3 mile/30 minute mark. Leg kinda hurts like it did a couple of nights ago but not as bad. Ive got some icy hot but Im waiting to put it on. Pro tip: NEVER put icy hot or similar products on directly after showering when all of your skins pours are open from the hot bath. He burn is 5x worse. Did that a couple of years ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• DDEF13FA-12C7-4B27-AB85-4AB2B2152F66.jpeg

#125 Rufus

Rufus
  • Citizen
  • 249 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:31 PM

What does your arm day routine look like?

Hold on I need to google a bunch of these to find out what they are actually called haha!

For arm day I basically do 3 different "supersets" pairing a bicep and a tricep exercise. I do 10 biceps reps then 10 triceps then repeat 3 times. In between the superset pairings I do some core stuff to give the arms a little break (I do the same on leg day, with the same core exercises in between the leg exercises. My chest days (really torso days) incorporate chest, back, and shoulders, so there's more variety and more to do so I don't need the "core" breaks.)

Super Set 1: Cable Flex Curl (I have to do these 1 arm at a time... when I first saw the exercise it was doing both arms at once... but my wingspan is too wide for the machines at the gym, the weights are resting back on the stack before my arms are fully outstretched! I like this one though as it's a bit different from all the other basic curling.) This is still a relatively new exercise for me, I'm doing 30lbs with these. 

Tricep Pull Down (and these 2 are paired together because they use the same machine, so I just alternate sets while I'm at that station.) I did 57.5 lbs for 1 set and 65 lbs for the other 2 sets. 

Super Set 2: Hammer Curl (or some kind of standing curl, I've switched to Hammer recently because my right elbow has been giving me pain. I've been babying it but it's fine for all the other arm exercises, but the individual arm curls bring out the worse, so I've switched to hammer style and light weights for these for the time being.) 30 lbs. 

Tricep Extensions 55lbs

Super Set 3: EZ Bar Curls (the 70 bar was missing, which would've been my go-to! So I did 2 sets of 80 lbs (the second set was basically 2 sets of 5 reps.) then switched to the 60lb for the final set. 
Tricep Kickbacks (I think I did 2 sets of 30 lbs then 27.5 lbs for the last set.)

The core exercises I do in between are:

Inclined sit-ups with a medicine ball (start with the ball over your head, basically resting on the ground, twist to each side with the ball at the top of the sit up. Back when I had a gym buddy you'd toss the ball to your partner at the top, he'd toss it back, you'd twist, then go back down. I love exercises that incorporate a few different movements and don't just concentrate on 1 muscle, so I love these.)

Back Extension (I do these hugging a 45lb weight) (er, that's ACTUAL "hugging" not board censoring......  :p )

For my warm up on arm day I do a bunch of core stuff too:

1 Plank (I'm up to about 2 minutes)

Then I superset 10 rep sets of these 3x:

Push Up Plank

Side Plank with Rotational Reach

Plank with Leg Lifts

And between the supersets of those I do:

As many push ups as I can, 1 hand on a medicine ball (then switch hands), and then just regular push ups, as many as I can. 

I'll detail my other days as I do them next, it would be a lot to type out all at once!

#126 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39441 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

I have hit a plateau of lately, so I have been trying to exercise a bit more, but like I always said, you can't work off a bad diet. 

Still, I am going to exercise a bit today and really watch my diet so I have a good official weigh in tomorrow. I can't have my teammate lose more than me! 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#127 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

Miles: 175.86
Uppers: 7,165 + 200 = 7,365
Lowers: 3,550 + 100 = 3,650
Core: 3,125

I might have forgotten to mention that the fun run I was going to was moved to March 8.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#128 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7544 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

Miles: 175.86 + 4 = 179.86
Uppers: 7,365 + 120 = 7,485
Lowers: 3,650
Core: 3,125 + 60 = 3,185

Got 4 miles on the elliptical. Hit a round of back, chest, bi and tri. The gym was packed and I was in a hurry. My hips are on fire from all this running. Tried to eat healthy for dinner. Cut up a turkey burger to put on my salad.

Attached Thumbnails

• C7D7E882-F2CE-4AF6-AEB2-08B447C95B6D.jpeg

#129 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:23 AM

Miles: 179.86
Uppers: 7,485 + 150 = 7,635
Lowers: 3,650 + 150 = 3,800
Core: 3,185

Y'know, I'll do a countdown too. I want to get back to my weight before Christmas last year (then just change goals when I reach it) so I'll just minus from that. I gained 5lbs the other time but lost 3lbs so I'm 12lbs to go.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#130 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39441 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

Well, after all the cookies and ice cream this weekend, I manged to not gain any weight on my weigh in today, so I am counting that as a win. That mini exercise bike of mine is awesome to use. I put it in front of my PC at home and watch youtube videos while pedalling. Definitely helps out, especially to burn off night time calories.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#131 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:25 AM

Miles: 179.86
Uppers: 7,635 + 165 = 7,800
Lowers: 3,800 + 100 = 3,900
Core: 3,185

Darn scale! I step on and -2lbs, woo! Then I step off and step on again, just to be sure and it was actually -1lbs. Tease! But I'll take it, hehe. 11lbs to go!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#132 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7544 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

Miles: 179.86 + 3.01 + 4.25 = 187.12
Uppers: 7,800 + 360 = 8,160

Lowers: 3,900 + 180 = 4,080
Core: 3,185 + 100 = 3,285

Took it easy yesterday on the treadmill.  Walked at 4, ran at 6 every 2 min until I got to 3 miles.  My hip has been absolutely sore.  Been putting Ibuprofen and icy hot on it.  In the shower letting hot water spray directly on it for a few min.  Combat showers are in effect here though.  So its get wet, turn off water, put on soap. Turn water on to rinse, turn water off when done rinsing.  Turn back on to wash body.  Turn back off as soon as done rinsing.  Some people take that to absolute heart and wanna open their mouth when they think you have taken too long.  Sorry, I like to be clean.  

Today I walked on the treadmill for an hour and watched 3 episodes of Fullmetal: Alchemist Brotherhood.  Then got a great full body exercise routine in.  Only thing I forgot to do was shoulders. Lunch was horrible today but I ate.  Was still hungry so I had a protein shake.  Got hungry, so I had Mike & Ikes, small bag of chips, and some Pizza Combos. Ill have a salad again for dinner.  30 miles left of the challenge!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0802.jpg

#133 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Whoops, didn't work out cuz went out to a heavy dinner and ran out of time. Whoops! I'll make it tomorrow. But now I'm cheating a bit. Grr. Haha.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users