Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2020 - 09:05 AM)

"I came here to LEAD not to read" -President Wolfcastle

Photo
- - - - -

Should the Beast Wars version of G1 be explored?

110 replies to this topic

#21 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9741 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

I suppose it might be vaguely interesting to see a reboot of G1 that happens to take the few cues from Beast Wars it would need to take (the Nemesis shoots down the Ark, the Great War begins when everyone wakes up in 1984, Starscream is killed after betraying Galvatron, etc.) to fit in, but an explicit prequel that exists for the sake of being an explicit prequel? No.

Edited by Kil, 20 December 2019 - 06:25 PM.

#22 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

I would say No to exploring G1 itself with the Beast Era, however, I would be more intersted if they explored the post war era yet before the Beast Machines events, end the series with the appearance of the vrius and the Vehicon drones that enabled Megatron to take over and capture every spark.

"Apelinq's War Journals" gave us just the right amount of insight into the pre-Beast Machines era. Not too much to tell us everything, but just enough to give us the gist of things while also keeping everything intriguingly vague.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#23 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 992 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:51 PM

From the the way I misread the title, I thought this would be the G1 story told with beast forms.

#24 A Tree

A Tree
  • Supporter
  • 28849 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

personally i say 'yes'

hasbro's been ignoring g1 for far too long after all

Spoiler

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#25 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14311 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:50 PM

This is the point of the time skip. Beast Wars is just vaguely set after G1. Which G1? G1. The cartoon? The comic? Your own combination of some random storybooks and the stuff you came up with when you played with the kid down the street? Yes. Beast Wars is set after G1.

Yup.

As much as I ordinarily LOVE "filling in the time gap" stories, by this point in the saturation of G1 and the deterioration of BW's legacy I'm going to turn the idea down.

Instead, give me distant sequels with time skips. Animated? After three hundred years, give me a Cybertron that ends up being wildly different from G1 somehow (despite the obvious "Prime ascends to leader of Autobots, etc" elements). Cyberverse. RiD2015. Jump forward and give us a wild, just-about-connected status quo with the "how we got here" rife with possibilities.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#26 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

We the North

• Supporter
  • 62754 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:14 AM

I'd rather have more Animated - if we're doing g1 over and over lets at least have one of the better versions of it 

#27 Aphel Aura

Aphel Aura

I see a red door and I want it painted black.

• Supporter
  • 1676 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:43 AM

the deterioration of BW's legacy

I'm really curious about this statement/assessment - has BW's legacy really deteriorated?  In what way?  Is it like a tangible thing, or just an impression?  It certainly is still getting love from the Masterpiece line, third parties, and (probably) in the comics (which I'm admittedly less familiar with these days).  I still hear about it as one of the better character-driven TF series.  Unless you're talking about BW's legacy as concluded by Beast Machines?  I do think that perhaps there is a huge segment of current TF fans that began with RiD and Armada, and skipped over or were too young to comprehend BW.. but hopefully that doesn't alter its legacy as a well-written TF show of its time, despite the CGI in the first season.

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Nov 14 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know there's a shortage of words in the world today, you should economize.

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 21 2011, 10:13 AM)
LIFESTYLES ASSOCIATED WITH HONOR:
Samurai
Shipmaster
Klingon
Toy Collector

#28 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9198 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 02:11 AM

It's a hyperbolic way of saying all of the media that spun off the cartoon were bad.

#29 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10019 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:12 AM

From the the way I misread the title, I thought this would be the G1 story told with beast forms.

T-Beastttttttttt!!!!!

MdyGSm8.jpg

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#30 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 590 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:38 AM

here's how i'd approach it.

22 minute long episodes, done by Studio Trigger

primarily a Beast Wars story, with the most effort and animation budget put towards the Maximals and Predacons.

tell parts of the g1 story via flashback. and have the flashbacks directly tie into the BW primary story. kinda similar to how the narrative of "Kamen Rider: Kiva" bounced between 2009 and 1986.

(cut your budget/time corners during the g1 segments, make it look terrible on purpose, the way idw does when they let Livio Ramondelli ruin their comic books)

Edited by SG Roadbuster, 21 December 2019 - 07:38 AM.

#31 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 992 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:05 AM

I'm really curious about this statement/assessment - has BW's legacy really deteriorated?  In what way?  Is it like a tangible thing, or just an impression?  It certainly is still getting love from the Masterpiece line, third parties, and (probably) in the comics (which I'm admittedly less familiar with these days).  I still hear about it as one of the better character-driven TF series.  Unless you're talking about BW's legacy as concluded by Beast Machines?  I do think that perhaps there is a huge segment of current TF fans that began with RiD and Armada, and skipped over or were too young to comprehend BW.. but hopefully that doesn't alter its legacy as a well-written TF show of its time, despite the CGI in the first season.

I would look at BW influence on the main Hasbro toylines. We've gotten mechanical beasts in TF since Ravage and Laserbeak, but more organic beasts that actually transform is kind of unique to BW. The last time we got any organic beasts was in T-30. Even PotP Primal, who was a BW Character, used the more mechanical Optimal Optimus form, and gave Primal a 'starship' mode. While Masterpiece still shows BW some love, its a line aimed at existing fans.

If we start seeing organic beast forms crop up in Earthrise or Cyberverse, then maybe BW legacy is still strong. If not, then I would say its legacy, in the form of its influence on future toylines at least, is waning.

#32 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3794 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

Well one way to look at it, is to say the animation has begun to show its age, after all it was the early days of CGI animation, thou I think the show that really shows its age would be Voltron 3D, the animation hasn't exactly aged that well, thou it would be kind of nice if they took these old school CGI shows and bought the animation up to modern standards but I doult that will ever happen unless CGI animation becomes REALLY cheep

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#33 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:44 PM

I remember seeing this on a different tf website.

Yes it should.

#34 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15494 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

I'm down for future-Cybertron.
Dawn of Predacus done right.
Give me the G1 epilogue we never get because... well when the war is over, usually so is the media.
Woooo!

#35 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 590 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

I'm down for future-Cybertron.
Dawn of Predacus done right.
Give me the G1 epilogue we never get because... well when the war is over, usually so is the media.

rip idw 1.0 we got some good postwar fiction out of them.

#36 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

I suppose it might be vaguely interesting to see a reboot of G1 that happens to take the few cues from Beast Wars it would need to take (the Nemesis shoots down the Ark, the Great War begins when everyone wakes up in 1984, Starscream is killed after betraying Galvatron, etc.) to fit in, but an explicit prequel that exists for the sake of being an explicit prequel? No.

To be fair, this G1-trying-to-be-BW's-precursor continuity exists, and it's Dreamwave.

Which was, again, to be fair, vaguely interesting.

#37 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

Animated was a post-Great War series and it did quite well for itself.

Now that I think about it, all of the Aligned cartoons were/are likewise set long after the war for Cybertron was over and lost, so each one of them was/is postwar too.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#38 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:21 AM

In Aligned RID we got a postwar Cybertron with a bunch of new semi-beast guys. And then they had to close down that universe forever. Toward the end of IDW we got 4 different sources of beast Transformers, one from each writer, and that universe got shut down.

#39 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:37 AM

In Aligned RID we got a postwar Cybertron with a bunch of new semi-beast guys. And then they had to close down that universe forever.

Uh...

250px-RescueBotsAcademyPoster.jpeg

And that show makes references to RB, Prime, and RID all the time.

#40 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

And Cyberverse now, right? I think RB just happens in all universes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users