Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
- - - - -

Bayverse tie-in timeline

9 replies to this topic

#1 tffan01

tffan01
  • Citizen
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:36 PM

We know based on commentary by John Barber in the Sector 7 comic that movie novels and movie comics share the same continuity. But what about stories like Unite for the Universe, Cyber Missions and even kids books and the Hydrobot story? These don't seem to condradict the novels and comics that much besides Megatron missing the ROTF wounds and some characters like Brakedown dying twice but;

Megatron error is even in IDW comics such as Rising Storm. It could be chalked up simply as an artistic/animation error.

We know that it is possible for TFs to occasionally survive bad injuries. For example Frenzy and possibly Long Haul (If Igor is the same being) survived decapitation. If not for Jetfire, perhaps Mixmaster would have survived bisection.

How do you see these other stories in relation to the IDW movie timeline?

Edited by tffan01, 16 December 2019 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4022 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

even without factoring in the IDW stuff, the movies are themselves self-contradicting by this point, so just dump them all in the blender and hit "puree" I guess.

#3 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

Basically, what we know for sure we can have for the IDW Movie comic timeline:

The first three films

Ghosts of Yesterday

Movie Prequel

Proooobably the stories from the first three issues of Saga of the AllSpark

Reign of Starscream

The Veiled Threat

Alliance

Defiance

Tales of the Fallen

Nefarious

Sector 7

Foundation

Rising Storm

The six Target-pack in comics

and Convergence

Placed in a rough timeline, that would be: Tales of the Fallen issue 4, TOTF issue 3, the flashback bits of Foundation, Defiance, the modern stuff of Foundation, Movie Prequel/the flashback bits of Reign of Starscream, Saga of the AllSpark stuff, Sector 7, Convergence, Movie 1 (with the Target Jazz toy's comic happening about halfway through), Reign of Starscream, TOTF issue 6, TOTF issue 2, Alliance, Veiled Threat/TOTF issue 1, Revenge of the Fallen, TOTF issue 5, Nefarious, the rest of the Target issues, Rising Storm, and DOTM.

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

Unite for the Universe, Cyber Missions, and the Classified novels can fit into the IDW Movie Trilogy timeline as well.

Edited by Sabrblade, 16 December 2019 - 07:50 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 tffan01

tffan01
  • Citizen
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

Also, what about tie-in games, comics and novels?

For example, what happens before the story of ROTF the game? 2007 game, 2007 movie or just something similiar to the plot of the 2007 movie but not the same?

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:14 PM

For example, what happens before the story of ROTF the game? 2007 game, 2007 movie or just something similiar to the plot of the 2007 movie but not the same?

The comics and novels were already covered above.

None of the games fit since they all tell their own takes on the movies' plots in ways that contradict the films themselves.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 tffan01

tffan01
  • Citizen
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:07 PM

None of the games fit since they all tell their own takes on the movies' plots in ways that contradict the films themselves.

What I mean is do the movies happen in the game timelines? Is the ROTF game or the novel a sequel of their own to the 2007 movie for example?

#8 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15562 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

The 2007 wii game is a retelling of the first film.

The Human Alliance game takes place between ROTF and DOTM

The movie side of Rise Of The Dark Spark is kind-of a prequel to Age of Extinction in a very self-contained way.

where do they mix with the comics? nobody knows but Jesus

Edited by Zodberg, 28 December 2019 - 03:25 PM.

Woooo!

#9 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10073 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

What I mean is do the movies happen in the game timelines?

You have your answer. To be specific and technical, the movies themselves do not happen because the games are similar but slightly different from the movies.

#10 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31073 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:08 AM

The way I see it with the comic and novel adaptations of each movie, while the movies themselves supersede all of their adaptations, any information provided in said adaptations that is not found in their respective movies but which does not contradict and can still fit into said movies can be considered canon to their respective movies, while any information provided in said adaptations that is not found in their respective movies and DOES conflict with what is depicted in each movie is NOT canon to the films at all.

An example of the former case would be how, in the ROTF comic adaptation, The Fallen's big machine seen during the battle in Egypt is named the "Star Harvester". This name is not given in the movie itself, but can still apply to the machine as it appeared in the movie.

Meanwhile, an example of the latter case would be how, in both the ROTF comic and novel adaptations, Sam calls Lennox's wife who has Epps's wife call Epps on an insecure line to indirectly tell Epps (while Galloway is in the room) to get Optimus over to Egypt. This is in full conflict with how, in the actual movie, Sam simply has Simmons call Lennox to tell him the message directly. Thus, the version of events seen in the movie is what happened in this case.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users