Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 08:41 AM)

Also, how would copyright law standardization be enforced? I doubt any country's governments would be eager to start trade sanctions over it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 08:40 AM)

Even if the laws were standardized, none of the shows discussed earlier would be in public domain.

Photo

Xbox Series X , The Next Generation Of Xbox, coming 2020!

85 replies to this topic

#21 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3457 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:57 AM

I'm gonna call it "Tall GameCube".

Is Microsoft trying to confuse everyone with these names? There are going to be a lot of disappointed kids next year whose parents buy them an Xbox One X instead of an Xbox Series X.

I had a client contract me to do some writing about video games. When talking about Microsoft, I had to do a double check to make sure I was calling the current system the right thing. Their branding is all over the place and the XXX doesnt help.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#22 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5435 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Slightly related since Halo Infinite is supposed to be launching this fall with the new system:

The Halo toys are getting revamped this year.  Mattel largely squandered what they had with the license with only a couple waves of figures, a few 12" figures, and some blasters in its  failed "BoomCo" Nerf competitor.

This year, 343 Industries is following Warner's lead with Batman and is offering multiple licenses.  Hasbro got the license for Nerf blasters modeled after classic Halo weapons.  And Wicked Cool Toys (the guys who got Micro Machines and just got bought by Jazwares) is apparently doing an action figure line.  All due for launch this fall. 

#23 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44694 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

I'm gonna call it "Tall GameCube".

Is Microsoft trying to confuse everyone with these names? There are going to be a lot of disappointed kids next year whose parents buy them an Xbox One X instead of an Xbox Series X.

I had a client contract me to do some writing about video games. When talking about Microsoft, I had to do a double check to make sure I was calling the current system the right thing. Their branding is all over the place and the XXX doesnt help.

The sooner the internet starts calling it "the sexbox", the sooner microsoft gets a hugging hint and changes it's naming conventions.

Or outright proves the company is staffed by lonely, desperate nerds. Whatever.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#24 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41259 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Slightly related since Halo Infinite is supposed to be launching this fall with the new system:

The Halo toys are getting revamped this year.  Mattel largely squandered what they had with the license with only a couple waves of figures, a few 12" figures, and some blasters in its  failed "BoomCo" Nerf competitor.

This year, 343 Industries is following Warner's lead with Batman and is offering multiple licenses.  Hasbro got the license for Nerf blasters modeled after classic Halo weapons.  And Wicked Cool Toys (the guys who got Micro Machines and just got bought by Jazwares) is apparently doing an action figure line.  All due for launch this fall. 

That reminds me that I need to put up my sealed Halo 3 - 4 toys up on Ebay.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#25 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10913 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

Also, I am not enthusiastic with the reveal of a sequel to Hellblade. It's one of those titles that doesn't need a sequel, even if it's sales insist upon one.

No one's insisting on it but Ninja Theory themselves, since it's not like they have a publisher to answer to.

They do have a publisher to answer to. They got bought by Microsoft back in 2018.

MSzBav1.jpg

#26 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Ballistic Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15227 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:55 PM

I've never played Hellblade, only seen reviews and watching the plot. And even i don't think it should have a sequel. I mean, that story is pretty self contained and conclusice. I mean, where can they go storywise?

fslookup.jpg

#27 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44694 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

I've never played Hellblade, only seen reviews and watching the plot. And even i don't think it should have a sequel. I mean, that story is pretty self contained and conclusice. I mean, where can they go storywise?

The milking shed?

#28 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 41259 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

So Halo has been delayed until next year. No need for me to get a new Xbox now.

#29 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5435 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:20 PM

The only Xbox I'm even considering is the Series S, and that's mostly for the backwards compatibility options (about all of my OG Xbox favs are available that way).  In general, unless the PS5 has some compelling BC options (including my catalog of PSP and PSone games), I'm not sure I need the PS5 immediately either.

I last had the 360, and I'd be more than comfortable going all digital on a lower cost XBOX.

#30 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44694 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:40 PM

The only Xbox I'm even considering is the Series S, and that's mostly for the backwards compatibility options (about all of my OG Xbox favs are available that way).  In general, unless the PS5 has some compelling BC options (including my catalog of PSP and PSone games), I'm not sure I need the PS5 immediately either.

I last had the 360, and I'd be more than comfortable going all digital on a lower cost XBOX.

Then get a computer, and have at it. :D

#31 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11358 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:51 AM

I do not think the Xbox will be more profitable than the PS5. 

However MS doesn't need it to be. Sony DOES. Most of their departments are hemorrhaging money, and as much as their game division brings in, it can't keep up with their losses. 

However MS is focusing on Gamepass... and I think that may be their trump card.

#32 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 19207 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:51 AM

Too soon to say without prices, but... yeah, what Silverclaw said.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#33 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44694 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:38 AM

consoles are very rarely profitable until the end of their lifespan anyway.

#34 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11358 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

And again, with Sony and MS, the consoles or even game sales themselves don't tell the whole story.

#35 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 7127 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

I do not think the Xbox will be more profitable than the PS5. 

However MS doesn't need it to be. Sony DOES. Most of their departments are hemorrhaging money, and as much as their game division brings in, it can't keep up with their losses. 

However MS is focusing on Gamepass... and I think that may be their trump card.

Yeah game pass is Microsoft's new gaming golden ticket. I think Xboxs are going to just start being economical streamlined, gaming pcs, with set benchmarks, and all "Xbox" games will play on pc. There game streaming is pushing further out this month 2, and from all accounts they are doing it better than everyone else. Why would they care if you that much if you buy there system, if you are still paying $14 a month for there eco system.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#36 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5435 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:19 PM

So Microsoft said "eff it" and up and revealed the Series S Xbox device:

https://www.xbox.com...s/xbox-series-s

Confirmed November 10 release for $299.99 (thereabouts). Has just under less than half the Compute Units, and lacks the extra 6GB of "special RAM" from the Series X.

Specs put it SLIGHTLY below the Xbox One X.  The Series S is designed for 60 fps 1440p gaming, where as the Series X is designed for 60 fps at 4K.  The "paper specs" put the machine putting out roughly 4 Tflops of power (versus 12 for the Series X), but improved architecture will likely put the performance closer to the One X in sub 4K performance.

#37 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10027 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:30 AM

I already have an Xbox One X so I'm holding out for an all-digital version of the Series X.  I don't use physical media, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play my digital downloads at their full potential.

#38 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11358 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:42 AM

Well.. I may have to get an X sooner than expected. My Xbone S seems like it's freaking out and maybe going kaput.

#39 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 19207 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:52 PM

I'd go for Series S, as I lack a 4K TV, but I have all these Xbox discs here, sooo... *throws up the X*

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#40 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 41259 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

You can get a decent 55" 4KTV for around $350 these days. 

I will be getting the X too, as I have an extensive library of Xbox One games that I would like to play on it. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users