Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

Photo
- - - - -

Is Papa John a cartoon?

120 replies to this topic

#41 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43493 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

It took me a minute to mentally separate Papa John's pizza from Tony's pizza because I don't buy pizza much.  Now I feel like I owe Tony an apology, unless he's crazy too.

Pizza folk are all crazy. But different flavours of crazy. :D

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#42 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18837 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

Papa John ate forty pizzas.

That's as many as four tens.

And that's terrible.

Especially if they were his own, apparently.

Closest local stuff to me is Kosher pizza, which... eh. Not for me. Unless I'm in a very specific, rare cheese pizza kind of mood, then the whole milk/meat thing defies my taste in pizza.

Most of what I eat is from chains as a result, but at least they tend to be good here. Dominos never revamped their pizza here, and as far as I can tell, never needed to. They're good, reliable, and fairly affordable.

I love Little Caesar's, but specifically the Deep! Deep! Dish pizza, with the caramelized crust, and reminds me of the Baby Pan Pan I used to get when I was growing up.

Pizza Hut... they've fallen. A lot of the charm for me was the in-store experience, but that's gone extinct. I still like it now and again, but it just isn't as good delivered. Case in point: The cheese in the stuffed crust tends to deflate before you can eat it. I'd rather get Delissio's from the freezer.

That said, I do still like the seasoning on the cheese bread sticks, and the Alfredo base with pepperoni on top is sooooo good. I dig the salt and pepper rub they put on their wings, even if they're a bit dinky in size.

Boston Pizza doesn't deliver to me, but they do neat things and feel like the successor to Pizza Hut's in-store experience of old, minus the arcade machines and juke boxes. That's just the changing of the times, I guess. I still need to get in to try their Christmas pizza. I really like their pierogi pizza and pizza poutine, though -- those are my usual go-to items there.

Pizza Pizza is okay once in a while, particularly when they're offering buy one, get one free movie passes, and Pizza Nova's alright, too.

Panago is good, but a little pricey. Still, I love their sweet-smokey tropical sauce, and you can get shrimp as a topping. They do good tiki masala wings, too.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#43 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67279 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:56 AM

The closest Pizza Hut to me closed back in February, the next closest a couple of month's ago.

That didn't prevent the one that was closest to me from updating their Facebook page up until this past September.  :D

Up until their last post, they were making updates every few days.  :doh

https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHutBelchertownNMainStreet/

ACItEK8.png

#44 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18837 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:31 AM

Pizza Hut Canada ran a Halloween contest on their Facebook a couple of years ago for a "pizza coffin," or some such. And I won!

But they only gave you a couple of hours to respond, and I didn't see it in time, so I missed out.

Which is fine, I guess, but when I responded to see if I was out of luck, they never messaged me back, which seems kinda rude.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#45 Pocket

Pocket

Hraeth ela mi!

• Citizen
  • 4795 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like a transparent attempt to have a "giveaway" without ever having to give anything away, frankly. Unless it's normal for most people to have their phone go off every time someone replies to a Facebook post and also never silence their phones.

...It totally is, isn't it.

If you ever somehow become a Catholic saint, be aware that they will harvest your bones and build altars around them.

#46 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4555 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

I would love to eat 40 pizzas! And Papa John's pizza is so unsubstantial that I could do it way faster than he did.

That's not a knock. It just sorta melts in the mouth and isn't very filling. It's like the Krispy Kreme of pizza.

#47 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8751 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

I never even touched Dominoes until I was in my mid 20s.  I have no idea how people can eat that or any other of those chain pizzas.

#48 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43493 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

I would love to eat 40 pizzas! And Papa John's pizza is so unsubstantial that I could do it way faster than he did.

That's not a knock. It just sorta melts in the mouth and isn't very filling. It's like the Krispy Kreme of pizza.

Wait, what?

I dunno what they make your crispy cremes out of where ever you are: but one crispy creme has enough sugar in it to make me feel bloated. They don't sate your hunger, but you aren't empty afterwards.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#49 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51458 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:03 AM

So it you ate Chinese and a Krispy Kreme donut, would you be both full and sated an hour later, neither, something else? = o
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#50 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47369 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:19 AM

Use the donut to make a sandwich with the Chinese food, and you'll be American.

#51 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34891 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

My town isn't big enough to have a local joint.  We have Dominos, which is where we get restaurant pizza, Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's where we never go, and Pizza Inn where we now then buffet.  And Casey's General Store that we've never tried, but it is a gas station.  There is a Papa Johns in a gas station 20 miles away by the Interstate and we've only been there once, but have often remarked that if we call ahead (which we did that time) the drive isn't much longer than the wait in a restaurant.  My wife came from a city that had Papa John's and she thinks it is the best.  Maybe not anymore?

We mostly just eat frozen pizzas from Aldi.

#52 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6830 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

My town isn't big enough to have a local joint.  We have Dominos, which is where we get restaurant pizza, Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's where we never go, and Pizza Inn where we now then buffet.  And Casey's General Store that we've never tried, but it is a gas station.  There is a Papa Johns in a gas station 20 miles away by the Interstate and we've only been there once, but have often remarked that if we call ahead (which we did that time) the drive isn't much longer than the wait in a restaurant.  My wife came from a city that had Papa John's and she thinks it is the best.  Maybe not anymore?

Try the Casey's. It's significantly better than any of those.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#53 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40087 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

This is pretty much my case as well. We have Little Caesar's, Papa Johns, Marcos, Pizza Hut Express(The full size one shut down a couple years ago), Dominos, Mid town pizza, Mello Mushroom, and Fox Pizza Den.

On occasion, I will go pick up some Little Caesar's for dinner, but most of the time, we just grab some $3 frozen pizzas from Aldis.

All this talk of gas station pizza, and no one has mentioned Hunts Brothers pizza!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#54 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47879 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Hunts Brothers isn't something I'm familiar with.

It'd be like me mentioning Primestop.

#55 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35924 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

That's what Optimus calls it when he needs to take a break and flush out his lubricants, right?

#56 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34891 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

This is pretty much my case as well. We have Little Caesar's, Papa Johns, Marcos, Pizza Hut Express(The full size one shut down a couple years ago), Dominos, Mid town pizza, Mello Mushroom, and Fox Pizza Den.

On occasion, I will go pick up some Little Caesar's for dinner, but most of the time, we just grab some $3 frozen pizzas from Aldis.

All this talk of gas station pizza, and no one has mentioned Hunts Brothers pizza!

Oh, we have Marcos too!  And Hunts Brothers, I think.  I was totally not prepared for this thread.

We have been to Marcos a couple times.  But it is SO EXPENSIVE!  Which is fine for someone with more precise taste buds than me.  But Aldi has some really cool and really weird stuff that is just as good to me.

#57 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4555 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

Marco's is THE BEST chain pizza. I worked there as a teenager and I love the food. 

#58 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51458 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

I'm going to visit my local Casey's today to confirm that the pizza still looks awful. The outpouring of muscular support for gas station pizza is causing me to question reality. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#59 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4555 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

Hunts Brothers isn't something I'm familiar with.

It'd be like me mentioning Primestop.

Hunts Bros., at least around here, is just the name of a kinda gross gas station prepared frozen pizza, like the stuff they have at Speedway. It's okay in a pinch, but I wouldn't, like, make a night of it or anything. I imagine people with fancy pizza taste (IE not me) would scoff at it.

#60 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4555 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

I'm going to visit my local Casey's today to confirm that the pizza still looks awful. The outpouring of muscular support for gas station pizza is causing me to question reality. 

Yeah, I can excuse it if they live in a desolate area, but in a populated area, the folks who vouch for gas station pizza...uh...well, I'll just stop there. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users