Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2020 - 03:56 PM)

"I only want to hear one word from you... The name of the guy who hired ya!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It's great how they reference G1 concepts like this one features the harmony from the episode Carnage in C Minor and and Slugslingers featured anti electrons from Grimlocks New Brain.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 November 2020 - 10:01 PM)

Or at least those little story blurbs like Beast Hunters had. Especially for stuff like Selects which tend to exist in their own little side world

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 November 2020 - 04:03 PM)

I got me Legends Soundwave, Be cool if the next Generations toyline had a mini comic with the instructions.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2020 - 03:42 AM)

Aw no unusual activity on my Paypal Ebay, Amazon and Netflix account in one day! All I have to do it verify on those E-Mails and I'm all set..... wait a mo, I'm not on Netflix!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:56 PM)

I swear though.. The idea of "Catch up" is stupid.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:25 PM)

That's irritating, but it sounds par for the course with new hardware release. Within a year, there'll probably be some good stuff out there that does it all.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:23 PM)

4K/HDR switches are.. iffy.. Because most of them can't do 4K and HDR at the same time.. Or can't do 120hz... and all sorts of things the new TVs have built in, and the new consoles use...

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:18 PM)

Maybe now that the PS5's made the whole 4K thing a little more mainstream, the hardware will start becoming more common. I know that's one of the hopes the physical media community has for the 100GB discs the PS5 is going to be using. Prior to this, they were very expensive tor replicate compared to a regular blu-ray and not used very often

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Up to now, there really haven't been a whole lot of 4K disc players to choose from... Samsung stopped making them altogether when they couldn't compete with the others, so your main choices are a few models of Panasonic or Sony

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:14 PM)

Is there no such thing as a 4K/HDR switch yet?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 10:10 PM)

Which is fine.. But that still doesn't explain why they arn't putting out up to date HDMI switch boxes to get.. more money.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:59 PM)

My only TV with a respectable number of ports is my OLED 4K/3D, which has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0s, 1 USB 3.0 and some weird proprietary thing that acts as both component and composite, depending on what you need. But it retailed for $10k when it first came out (I bought it 14 months later for less than half that). THey're going to get as many corners on less expensive sets as they can, which usually means only providing 2 HDMIs.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:55 PM)

I mean, there are some decent ones for under a grand. But yeah, I imagine that's what they're thinking. Most people I know, unless they're film or A/V aficionados, all they've got hooked up to their TV is a digital cable receiver and perhaps a game console and dated DVD player

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 09:45 PM)

TM2-Megatron... If that is their assumptions.. That is one of the stupidest way to think.. Especially since Multichannel receivers way to fricken expensive for that. 3000 is way to expensive.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:11 PM)

They probably assume the people who actually need a lot of ports are the type of consumers who'd have a decently high-end Multichannel receiver. Whereas those people who don't need many connections probably don't even have a blu-ray player or anything. Maybe just a gaming console for the kids and an old DVD player.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I saw that movie. I don't want jim carrey in my head.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 November 2020 - 03:43 PM)

Soon beam TV programs into brains with a neural transciever anyway.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 03:28 PM)

I'm surprised they keep reducing the number of ports on TV's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 02:52 PM)

Ahh.. No.. I mean an HDMI 2.1 switcher box to give you more imputs on a TV. :D Those should have been released in preparation of the XSX and PS5 considering their touting 2.1 features. :D

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval

Mey Hem play by post

390 replies to this topic

#261 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15240 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:19 PM

EB treaded carefully near the walls, eyeing the platform with suspicion.
"Probably, but maybe we shouldn't all go on it at once."

#262 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18925 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:03 PM

"It would be unwise for us to divide our forces." Beathra said, "Though I admit, without knowing where this device would take us, the idea of everyone going at once is concerning."

nzo8WYb.png

#263 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*blub blub blub*

• Administrator
  • 41409 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

"Well I'm going. Who's with me... that can reach the controls?"

B5ofTKU.jpg

#264 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63479 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:31 AM

"My sword is at your side Night Cap." Destron answers the noble steed's bravery in kind 

#265 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

Patch felt herself get grabbed again but then she felt the pain of a droid fist collide with her jaw. STOP. She had to figure out something before she was overwhelmed in the narrow space.

Kage knew that the hover platform would operate differently than a hoverboard like those that were stolen from Mattrick's shop. The latter would be maneuvered by body weight as if the user were surfing. The former usually had onboard controls that would either allow it to be "driven" or it would be automatically controlled. On the hover platform's screen, he saw it simply had a stylized image of a house
Spoiler

#266 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Nordic Knight has arrived!

• Staff
  • 14896 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:28 AM

Pointing to the control panel, Snake said.

"It appears that this has an automated 'Return Home' feature. Tap that and it will, i assume, take us directly to where the YPNR group has gone. However, like Beathra said, we don't know what we'll be going into. If we're lucky, there may be no YPNR presence in wherever it is this hover platform lands. If not, we may end up landing in a fight.

As for splitting up. If there were another platform, then we may have been able to travel in two groups. With that not an option, if ww do go, all i can say is hold your weapons ready and stsy alert for anything.

Are you all ready to go?

Also, Friday, will you be able to stay with us?

fslookup.jpg

#267 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15240 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:54 AM

EB sighed and scratched his head.
"Alright... Guess we ain't got much of a choice." He moved to the back of the platform and faced out.
"...Want me to hold you, Cappy?" It was partly to keep the pawny from being trampled, partly for his own sake.

#268 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14896 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

"True enough. I mean, we could try and explore this bunker further as is. However, this platform seems to be where the YPNR group has gone." A sudden thought striking him, Kage (and by extension, Snake) rubbed his chin. "Interesting question for you EB. I understand that you might not know this, but did any of the visitors to Holiday Island during your time know that you and however many others there were, were 9n fact shapeshifters? Did they know you were real people and not just advanced attractions?"

fslookup.jpg

#269 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:30 PM

Friday said, "We're still in range of Oracle so I should be fine. Even if not, your communicator is on you so I can base my range on that."
Spoiler

#270 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:01 PM

Being within melee range was not where she wanted to be, but the silver lining was that she'd made it into the throng of bodies where the guards and robots would be hesitant to fire any weapons. Still, if she didn't get away, they'd soon be able to overwhelm her through sheer numbers.

Spoiler

She attempted to force her way through the crowd, but the hard blow from the droid's fist struck her and knocked her off balance. The next thing she knew, she was on her hands and knees, feeling the throng of bodies around her pressing and holding her down.

If she lashed out with her full strength, she might still be able to escape. But it would almost certainly injure or even kill civilians around her. 

That shouldn't be an issue. A truly evil being would not be concerned with minor loss of innocent life.

"So, then... why... why has my strength failed me...?"

#271 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*blub blub blub*

• Administrator
  • 41409 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

EB sighed and scratched his head.
"Alright... Guess we ain't got much of a choice." He moved to the back of the platform and faced out.
"...Want me to hold you, Cappy?" It was partly to keep the pawny from being trampled, partly for his own sake.

"Sure! I mean, we don't know how smooth this ride is going to be."

B5ofTKU.jpg

#272 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15240 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:22 PM

EB picked up Night Cap and curled him in one arm like a cat, patting his head with the other.

"Well, there weren't many shapeshifters, we were a more recent creation. I don't think everyone who visited knew, we weren't supposed to shift in front of visitors without permission. I suppose some people who saw us might've thought it was an optical illusion or somethin'." EB looked up into the distance and frowned. "Sometimes we'd get protesters and stuff who seemed to know what was going on, but they got quieted real quick. Place was good at coverin' their own asses. In the end I guess people believed what they wanted to believe. And mostly they didn't wanna believe that the 'Finest Place on Earth' could do such things." He blinked and tilted his head at Omega. "Why do you ask?"

#273 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14896 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

'Snake' nodded as EB spoke, cogs turning in his mind as pieces of information clicked together.

"Several reasons. I"ve had my suspicions since Friday and Oracle cracked that YPNR hard drive that you and those like you that they introduced into Holiday Island may well have been a test group. A prototype group of shapeshifters built to prove the viability of whatever future plans they have for their gene splicing experiments. Your comments about shapeshifters being few in number, mostly unknown to the public, or quickly dismissed as optical trickery. Combining with the presence of 'quickly silenced' protesters, means that the vast majority if YPNRs populace likely have no idea of their rulers real plans or motives. The spies and observers we are following might be just as shocked to lesrn of you, as they are to learn that YPNR is behind the kidnapping of children, or their hatred of magic. Though admittedly, the latter is more a hope than a certainty.

However, the reason i bring it up is that we may be able to convince some of the YONR members here if their masters wrongdoing, by revealing you as their 'Easter Bunny' attraction. Would you be ok with that?"

fslookup.jpg

#274 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15240 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:58 PM

EB's grip on Night Cap tightened without his realizing. He thought back to the fight with Cupid.

"... If that's true, Iro might've been one of their latest tests." HIs expression grew dark. "Use me as you see fit. They need to be stopped."

#275 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14896 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

"So long as you are ok with publicly showing your shapeshifter nature, the thats good. However, i will not use you simply because you're here. You're my friend, not my tool." Then he frowned as EBs comment about Iro reminded him of exactly 'what' Iro was. Speaking half to himself, Kage/Snake muttered. "A superior race of humans. Stronger, faster, more resilient. Able to survive and adapt. Do they want to evolve humanity, or manufacture a slave race." Kage/Snake look out a disgusted growl as implications and possibilities swirled in his head. 

"You're right, the need to be stopped. We will nit let them use anybody again. Not you, not Iro. Not magi of any kind.

Ok, i'm going to press that 'home' button and set this thing moving. Anything could happen in the next half hour."

Reaching down, the still invisible Omega Knight tapped 'Home'.

fslookup.jpg

#276 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

Patch's world began to go dark as she heard the voice of the hologram woman from earlier on the intercom announce, "Citizens! Usher along but know that you are safe. Safe from those who would seek to bring harm to that you have worked so hard for."

When Kage pressed the Home button, the hover platform silently whirred to life. The ceiling opened up letting the rain in from the continued storm. A female voice from the console, the same one from the captured hard drive, began to speak. "Everyone please enter the platform in an orderly fashion for final departure. Wouldn't want anyone left behind during the self destruct sequence." After a few seconds, the hover platform slowly lifted out of the building. After a few minutes of ascending height and moving northward, it began to rapidly speed up. Oracle soon chimed in with "Sir, you are rapidly leaving my contact range. While I may not be able to communicate with you, know that I will continue--" She was cut off and only the sound of the storm remained.

After a while, they soon saw something large amidst the clouds. As they approached it, they heard the console began to play a similar message as the on found on the hard drive. "Greetings and welcome. You have been selected to join Your Personal Nation of Republica. Thank you for all that you have done. The world is filled with all sorts of problematic uncertainties but we here shall provide the utmost in safety and comfort." The lightning flashed and there was a better view of the thing in the clouds. It was immense--far bigger than the whole town of Besseltrade. It seemed to have two fused ovoids giving it the appearance of figure eight or perhaps an infinity symbol. As they approached, the console proudly announced,

"Welcome home."

PLEASE INSERT DISC 2

Spoiler

#277 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:44 PM

-click -

-whirrrr-

The pain in Patch's head allowed her to realize that she was now conscious and subsequently, still alive. Rapidly, information came to her. She had an oxygen mask despite no longer needing to breathe. She wasn't directly restrained but was in a tube with liquid and little leverage due to the size. There was a lot of machinery in the rather massive room but there weren't any people.

Or rather, there weren't at first. Out of the corner of Patch's perception, the Lady of Games and Chance appeared. Leaning against the tube, she looked in and said, "Quite the dilemma we find ourselves in."

Dee, EB, Night Cap, Beathra, and "Snake" rapidly approached the flying vessel as the hover platform pulled into some sort of docking area in an area that looked fairly sterile. Friday had already disappeared when the group approached the flying vessel, clearly worried. Now before them were five figures waiting for them. One was a pale woman in a neon orange dress with bright teal swirls. Holding a touchpad, she was smiling at the group. The four guards standing behind her were either doing a great job of hiding their smiles or they weren't smiling at all. The woman did seem briefly puzzled and said, "Strange...it was said that another person was coming but not another group."
Spoiler

#278 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 14896 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:48 PM

As the hover platform rose up and headed away from the bunker, 'Snake' looked down as the automated announcement played.

"They blew it up?

My god! Well, that explains why nobody has ever turned up much information about YPNR. If there is no evidence, then no evidence can be found." Then a darker thought struck him. "While i assume they generally make sure that all personnel get out before the place blows. It sounds like the timer is completely automated so... if anybody else is in the building ... Do they just let it blow anyway?"

Then he heard Oracles warning, before the signal broke. Unlike pretty much every other time (until recently) he'd crossed the border and communication with Oracle had been impossible. This break in their connection unsettled him. It left him feeling... vulnerable.

They weren't just heading into dangerous territory. Wherever it was they were headed, it wasn't even on solid ground. It was the YPNR home base. Their turf. There would be no backup or place to retreat too. They either pushed forward and succeeded... or they might end up in big trouble!

Then he saw it. Coming out of the clouds. Feeling a tiny tingle up his spine at the sheer size of... whatever it was, Kage randomly thought of The Impossible, as the strange not-quite-infinity symbol reminded him of the emblem on his car and, as the 'introductory' monologue played, Kage tensed. Because, as they got closer, he could see that the hover platforms landing bay was not unoccupied.

Oh hell!
Indeed. It seems we have company.
'sigh' Damn... I was really hoping to avoid a welcoming commitee.
It wasn't unexpected though.
Hmm...?
The mercenary did say he was expected.
...true.
Now, is there any chance we can bluff our way through this...
Uh...
You have 'Snake' at your disposal and they Are expecting someone.
It... it's worth a shot.

In the few moments before the landed, Kage quickly spoke up.

"I'm gonna try and talk our way through this. One person was expected, so maybe i can spin them a story about why you're all here too. Just... back me up if you can, but don't make any sudden moves.

Especially you Beathra. Your mastery of words is needed here."

Silently thankful that the Merc had kindof inspired him to make his decoy a merc like guy, Kage had 'Snake' step forward.

Spoiler

Hoping that this woman didn't have a picture or description of the Mercenary who should be standing on the platform, 'Snake' spoke calmy in a gruff, no-nonsense tone.

"Sorry, but things got a little 'heated' down there. Luckily for me, thus mismatched lot turned up just in time to deal with what remaining of those mechanical pests. Or so we thought. A second wave of those things were coming and, well, i don't have infinite ammo. So we had to fall back into the bunker.

Now, i wasn't about to leave them there so... Here we are.

I know you have your reasons for who gets in, but i was hoping you'd understand."

With his cloaked position behind 'Snake'. The invisible Omega Knight crossed his fingers.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 11 August 2020 - 02:22 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#279 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:29 PM

The woman pondered what 'Snake' said for a moment, looked at the guards, then said, "Well...it seems to check out. And it seems we have the space since you're the last ones to arrive. The animal is questionable but I'll have to inquire about that. So I must say, welcome! I hope you find a better way of life here than on the ground. It's so much safer.

Of course, you'll need to turn in your weapons, of course. Those swords are simply not needed here. Nor the gun."
Spoiler

#280 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*blub blub blub*

• Administrator
  • 41409 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:32 PM

Night Cap's cheeks go into balloon mode as he fights to contain an insulted outburst. He can't blow his cover yet.

B5ofTKU.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users