Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2020 - 03:56 PM)

"I only want to hear one word from you... The name of the guy who hired ya!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It's great how they reference G1 concepts like this one features the harmony from the episode Carnage in C Minor and and Slugslingers featured anti electrons from Grimlocks New Brain.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 November 2020 - 10:01 PM)

Or at least those little story blurbs like Beast Hunters had. Especially for stuff like Selects which tend to exist in their own little side world

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 November 2020 - 04:03 PM)

I got me Legends Soundwave, Be cool if the next Generations toyline had a mini comic with the instructions.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2020 - 03:42 AM)

Aw no unusual activity on my Paypal Ebay, Amazon and Netflix account in one day! All I have to do it verify on those E-Mails and I'm all set..... wait a mo, I'm not on Netflix!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:56 PM)

I swear though.. The idea of "Catch up" is stupid.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:25 PM)

That's irritating, but it sounds par for the course with new hardware release. Within a year, there'll probably be some good stuff out there that does it all.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:23 PM)

4K/HDR switches are.. iffy.. Because most of them can't do 4K and HDR at the same time.. Or can't do 120hz... and all sorts of things the new TVs have built in, and the new consoles use...

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:18 PM)

Maybe now that the PS5's made the whole 4K thing a little more mainstream, the hardware will start becoming more common. I know that's one of the hopes the physical media community has for the 100GB discs the PS5 is going to be using. Prior to this, they were very expensive tor replicate compared to a regular blu-ray and not used very often

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Up to now, there really haven't been a whole lot of 4K disc players to choose from... Samsung stopped making them altogether when they couldn't compete with the others, so your main choices are a few models of Panasonic or Sony

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:14 PM)

Is there no such thing as a 4K/HDR switch yet?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 10:10 PM)

Which is fine.. But that still doesn't explain why they arn't putting out up to date HDMI switch boxes to get.. more money.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:59 PM)

My only TV with a respectable number of ports is my OLED 4K/3D, which has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0s, 1 USB 3.0 and some weird proprietary thing that acts as both component and composite, depending on what you need. But it retailed for $10k when it first came out (I bought it 14 months later for less than half that). THey're going to get as many corners on less expensive sets as they can, which usually means only providing 2 HDMIs.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:55 PM)

I mean, there are some decent ones for under a grand. But yeah, I imagine that's what they're thinking. Most people I know, unless they're film or A/V aficionados, all they've got hooked up to their TV is a digital cable receiver and perhaps a game console and dated DVD player

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 09:45 PM)

TM2-Megatron... If that is their assumptions.. That is one of the stupidest way to think.. Especially since Multichannel receivers way to fricken expensive for that. 3000 is way to expensive.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:11 PM)

They probably assume the people who actually need a lot of ports are the type of consumers who'd have a decently high-end Multichannel receiver. Whereas those people who don't need many connections probably don't even have a blu-ray player or anything. Maybe just a gaming console for the kids and an old DVD player.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I saw that movie. I don't want jim carrey in my head.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 November 2020 - 03:43 PM)

Soon beam TV programs into brains with a neural transciever anyway.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 03:28 PM)

I'm surprised they keep reducing the number of ports on TV's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 02:52 PM)

Ahh.. No.. I mean an HDMI 2.1 switcher box to give you more imputs on a TV. :D Those should have been released in preparation of the XSX and PS5 considering their touting 2.1 features. :D

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval

Mey Hem play by post

390 replies to this topic

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

"I have regained control. And I don't need magic... now, I am magic."

A singular statement, an awakening that was vocalized, lingers in the night. Once a librarian, a young woman revels in her new form. As powerful wings carried her through a forest in the midst of night, she searched fruitlessly for the source of her ire. Patch--whether meaning something to mend things or the piece ripped from a whole--carried on unstopping through the night. Morning arrived and she soon heard a familiar voice lingering in the back of her mind,

"Why, good morning. I know you're going to bring destruction to your enemies...but do you know where you're going?"

Spoiler

Edited by Zamuel, 18 November 2019 - 09:35 AM.

Spoiler

#2 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

Flashback

Spoiler

Patch adjusted her wings to brake her speed, landing on a sturdy-looking tree branch. "Sorry," she muttered. "Distracted for a moment. Unfortunately it seems there are still a few memories of my old life rattling about in my head."

She scowled. "I'm afraid I'm not quite clear on where to go. I had thought being airborne would give me the best chance of spotting an entire nation, but I've seen nothing on the horizon yet. If you have suggestions, please, I'm all ears."

#3 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

"Think of this--to find a group that hides in the shadows so they can hunt down magic users, would it not be prudent to seek out magic users first?"
Spoiler

#4 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

"To find a predator, first find its prey... that is sound logic. Very well, then. I already know of one location where they've targeted the gifted..." She grinned.

Edited by Patch, 19 November 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#5 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

"Just be wary. It might prove fruitless to go to an orchard that's already been picked clean. But just what is this location?"
Spoiler

#6 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:08 PM

"The Old Publishing District. It's the most populated area in this region. More people overall, more magic users likely to be living among the populace. The fact that I know the district as well as I do is just a bonus."

Edited by Patch, 19 November 2019 - 04:08 PM.

#7 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:31 PM

There was a pause, then the voice whispered, "Stealth may be of the essence since this doesn't seem like a particularly subtle plan by being in such a populated area. But there's no use delaying, is there? Keep to the skies to avoid prying eyes. We wouldn't want you to be stopped prematurely, would we?"
Spoiler

#8 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

"Most definitely not." Patch spread her wings and took off into the air. As she flew, her eyes scanned the ground below for possible threats... or targets.

Spoiler

#9 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

Over a day non-stop Patch travelled, keeping unseen among the clouds until she reached the Old Publishing District. Patch spotted nothing suspicious on the way but whether that was because nothing was there or because it became overcast and then started raining. When Patch found a good vantage point on top of a building, the voice asked, "Are there any locations you think would be better than others?"
Spoiler

#10 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

"Not particularly. It's a big town, and the mystically inclined don't come here to be conspicuous. So it's going to be a matter of sniffing them out," Patch muttered.

Spoiler

#11 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

Patch began to tap in to subtle undercurrent of arcane energies naturally floating in the air and she felt something nearby. And there was something familiar about it...
Spoiler

#12 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:32 PM

She scanned the streets below. What was it that felt so familiar...?

Spoiler

#13 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

Patch noticed someone going in their home and closing the door but she could see who it was. Then, she realized where she was...Arsenic Grey lived here.
Spoiler

#14 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:01 AM

Patch's eyes widened and her grip on the rooftop tiles tightened. "Tch... This is not a favorable situation. That woman is not to be trifled with, even if she is not directly my quarry."

#15 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

"Well, that puts you in a dilemma, doesn't it. You can wait here to hope her rather distinct aura is picked up or search for someone who is a little less formidable and much less obvious."
Spoiler

#16 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

"I intend to do the latter, but I shall wait until after nightfall to move under the cover of darkness. There is a certain convenient item I seek that would be risky to retrieve in broad daylight." She crawled closer to the center of the roof, where she would be harder to spot from below, and crouched in a pose not unlike that of a gargoyle.With her magically altered body's lack of a need for sleep, she instead simply... stopped thinking, for a time.

#17 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

Time sluggishly meandered on until night slowly rolled back the day. As the darkness began to reign, Patch heard, "It's interesting that you're using a form that oozes power...for subtlety."
Spoiler

#18 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Patch's eyes snapped open. "As I am no longer a mortal being, I have no need to fear death. I do not even fear the end of my existence as I am now. There is but one thing that concerns me - that my destruction will come before I am able to use my power to effect true change in this world. I do not want to regret unnecessary haste." She rose to her feet. "Being subtle and deliberate for now is fine... the time to use this power to its fullest is coming."

Spreading her wings wide, she took off into the night sky.

#19 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36298 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

She arrived home. At least, what had been her home.

Landing in the darkened alleyway on the side of the District's library, she moved aside some strategically placed crates and other assorted rubbish to uncover the door to the basement room she had used as a living space. She grabbed the handle.

It didn't budge.

As a human mage, she had been accustomed to leaving a small locking spell upon the door whenever she came and went, to prevent ruffians and other unwelcome guests from poking around where they didn't belong. Casting and removing the spell was as easy for her old self as swiping a subway pass would have been for an inhabitant of the old Londokyork. But now that she was no longer capable of even minor spellcasting, it seemed... she had quite literally locked herself out.

But this would prove only a minor inconvenience, as she slammed a fist into the door, causing sparks of magical energy to trace along the door's edges. She turned the handle again and opened the door. The hinges creaked in protest as it swung fully open, revealing a room in total darkness. Proceeding inside, she could see the bookshelves where her collection of magical tomes sat. Her inhuman eyes saw the shadows that skittered among the shelves, chattering excitedly among themselves, glancing at her with eyes like flickering embers. A grimoire opened an ethereal eye in the middle of its spine to look her over. 

As a human, she had been haunted by the eyes that watched her from the darkness. Now, she could watch them.

The spirits in the room seemed agitated by her presence. Not surprising. "Relax. I'm not here for any of you. Just came back for a little something - ah, here it is."

She picked out a spare cloak from a closet at the far end of the room. Wrapping her batlike wings along her sides, she donned the cloak and pulled its hood over her head. Then, she proceeded to leave the way she came. 

As she closed the door behind her, she smiled underneath the hood of the cloak. "Now, let's go for a walk."

#20 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18378 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

"So you decide to risk discovery on a mere cloak. Maybe it's just me...but your mortality is showing. Something I'd like to note is that while subtlety has its place, numerous others are moving to effect true change in this world. It would be such a shame to miss your chance."

Spoiler

Edited by Zamuel, 25 November 2019 - 08:24 PM.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users