Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval

Mey Hem play by post

275 replies to this topic

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

"I have regained control. And I don't need magic... now, I am magic."

A singular statement, an awakening that was vocalized, lingers in the night. Once a librarian, a young woman revels in her new form. As powerful wings carried her through a forest in the midst of night, she searched fruitlessly for the source of her ire. Patch--whether meaning something to mend things or the piece ripped from a whole--carried on unstopping through the night. Morning arrived and she soon heard a familiar voice lingering in the back of her mind,

"Why, good morning. I know you're going to bring destruction to your enemies...but do you know where you're going?"

Spoiler

Edited by Zamuel, 18 November 2019 - 09:35 AM.

Spoiler

#2 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

Flashback

Spoiler

Patch adjusted her wings to brake her speed, landing on a sturdy-looking tree branch. "Sorry," she muttered. "Distracted for a moment. Unfortunately it seems there are still a few memories of my old life rattling about in my head."

She scowled. "I'm afraid I'm not quite clear on where to go. I had thought being airborne would give me the best chance of spotting an entire nation, but I've seen nothing on the horizon yet. If you have suggestions, please, I'm all ears."

#3 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

"Think of this--to find a group that hides in the shadows so they can hunt down magic users, would it not be prudent to seek out magic users first?"
Spoiler

#4 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

"To find a predator, first find its prey... that is sound logic. Very well, then. I already know of one location where they've targeted the gifted..." She grinned.

Edited by Patch, 19 November 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#5 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

"Just be wary. It might prove fruitless to go to an orchard that's already been picked clean. But just what is this location?"
Spoiler

#6 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:08 PM

"The Old Publishing District. It's the most populated area in this region. More people overall, more magic users likely to be living among the populace. The fact that I know the district as well as I do is just a bonus."

Edited by Patch, 19 November 2019 - 04:08 PM.

#7 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:31 PM

There was a pause, then the voice whispered, "Stealth may be of the essence since this doesn't seem like a particularly subtle plan by being in such a populated area. But there's no use delaying, is there? Keep to the skies to avoid prying eyes. We wouldn't want you to be stopped prematurely, would we?"
Spoiler

#8 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

"Most definitely not." Patch spread her wings and took off into the air. As she flew, her eyes scanned the ground below for possible threats... or targets.

Spoiler

#9 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

Over a day non-stop Patch travelled, keeping unseen among the clouds until she reached the Old Publishing District. Patch spotted nothing suspicious on the way but whether that was because nothing was there or because it became overcast and then started raining. When Patch found a good vantage point on top of a building, the voice asked, "Are there any locations you think would be better than others?"
Spoiler

#10 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

"Not particularly. It's a big town, and the mystically inclined don't come here to be conspicuous. So it's going to be a matter of sniffing them out," Patch muttered.

Spoiler

#11 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

Patch began to tap in to subtle undercurrent of arcane energies naturally floating in the air and she felt something nearby. And there was something familiar about it...
Spoiler

#12 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:32 PM

She scanned the streets below. What was it that felt so familiar...?

Spoiler

#13 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

Patch noticed someone going in their home and closing the door but she could see who it was. Then, she realized where she was...Arsenic Grey lived here.
Spoiler

#14 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:01 AM

Patch's eyes widened and her grip on the rooftop tiles tightened. "Tch... This is not a favorable situation. That woman is not to be trifled with, even if she is not directly my quarry."

#15 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

"Well, that puts you in a dilemma, doesn't it. You can wait here to hope her rather distinct aura is picked up or search for someone who is a little less formidable and much less obvious."
Spoiler

#16 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

"I intend to do the latter, but I shall wait until after nightfall to move under the cover of darkness. There is a certain convenient item I seek that would be risky to retrieve in broad daylight." She crawled closer to the center of the roof, where she would be harder to spot from below, and crouched in a pose not unlike that of a gargoyle.With her magically altered body's lack of a need for sleep, she instead simply... stopped thinking, for a time.

#17 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

Time sluggishly meandered on until night slowly rolled back the day. As the darkness began to reign, Patch heard, "It's interesting that you're using a form that oozes power...for subtlety."
Spoiler

#18 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:52 PM

Patch's eyes snapped open. "As I am no longer a mortal being, I have no need to fear death. I do not even fear the end of my existence as I am now. There is but one thing that concerns me - that my destruction will come before I am able to use my power to effect true change in this world. I do not want to regret unnecessary haste." She rose to her feet. "Being subtle and deliberate for now is fine... the time to use this power to its fullest is coming."

Spreading her wings wide, she took off into the night sky.

#19 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 35944 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

She arrived home. At least, what had been her home.

Landing in the darkened alleyway on the side of the District's library, she moved aside some strategically placed crates and other assorted rubbish to uncover the door to the basement room she had used as a living space. She grabbed the handle.

It didn't budge.

As a human mage, she had been accustomed to leaving a small locking spell upon the door whenever she came and went, to prevent ruffians and other unwelcome guests from poking around where they didn't belong. Casting and removing the spell was as easy for her old self as swiping a subway pass would have been for an inhabitant of the old Londokyork. But now that she was no longer capable of even minor spellcasting, it seemed... she had quite literally locked herself out.

But this would prove only a minor inconvenience, as she slammed a fist into the door, causing sparks of magical energy to trace along the door's edges. She turned the handle again and opened the door. The hinges creaked in protest as it swung fully open, revealing a room in total darkness. Proceeding inside, she could see the bookshelves where her collection of magical tomes sat. Her inhuman eyes saw the shadows that skittered among the shelves, chattering excitedly among themselves, glancing at her with eyes like flickering embers. A grimoire opened an ethereal eye in the middle of its spine to look her over. 

As a human, she had been haunted by the eyes that watched her from the darkness. Now, she could watch them.

The spirits in the room seemed agitated by her presence. Not surprising. "Relax. I'm not here for any of you. Just came back for a little something - ah, here it is."

She picked out a spare cloak from a closet at the far end of the room. Wrapping her batlike wings along her sides, she donned the cloak and pulled its hood over her head. Then, she proceeded to leave the way she came. 

As she closed the door behind her, she smiled underneath the hood of the cloak. "Now, let's go for a walk."

#20 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18297 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

"So you decide to risk discovery on a mere cloak. Maybe it's just me...but your mortality is showing. Something I'd like to note is that while subtlety has its place, numerous others are moving to effect true change in this world. It would be such a shame to miss your chance."

Spoiler

Edited by Zamuel, 25 November 2019 - 08:24 PM.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users